Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm only four and a half hours in but I can say Yakuza: Like a Dragon is incredible. It was absolutely the right move to move away from Kiryu and the traditional beat-em-up gameplay, as much as I enjoyed my time with both. 

Also, Virtua Fighter 5. On PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe that the mesh of boring repetitive gameplay, microtransactions, spreading "exclusive" content across every platform, Mountain Dew variety and Dorito bag, and character models that look like the Dollar General equivalent of the MCU personalities somehow failed to capture everyone's wallets.
Honestly, I think folks could probably forgive everything except for the first two items and more particularly the first one. Unlike most people, I'm more of an SP guy than anything else, so when I got stuck in the campaign, I was done. But I read plenty of reviews where people said the endgame content was just replaying story missions with different parameters. I never really got to a point where I equipped new armor bits and gemgaws on more than two of the team members, but at that point in the game, they all felt a bit same-y in terms of the actual combat mechanics. My main criticism of the game, and this is pretty much entirely my fault for not paying attention, is that the gameplay was not "Spider-Man but with other Avengers in it too"; it was more like X-Men Legends II with much wonkier controls.

And while I'm on the subject of upgrades and armor and crap like that. . . these systems are getting annoyingly complex. I guess you can ignore them to a greater or lesser degree, depending on how hard a game is, but I remember playing God of War I and II on the PS3 and you could basically upgrade Kratos's Chaos Blades to do more damage, et cetera, and boost his health and defense and in the new God of War game, he has three weapons (including his fancy arm-shield) plus his son's bow, ranged and melee trees for everything except the bow, skills associated with each weapon, gem slots for everything, three different kinds of armor, talismans, et cetera (all of which have items that have four levels of rarity), all of which affect Kratos's SIX different stats. It all feels a bit excessive. Maybe I'm just old, I don't know. :oldman: Grrr.

And while I'm on the subject of upgrades and armor and crap like that. . . these systems are getting annoyingly complex. I guess you can ignore them to a greater or lesser degree, depending on how hard a game is, but I remember playing God of War I and II on the PS3 and you could basically upgrade Kratos's Chaos Blades to do more damage, et cetera, and boost his health and defense and in the new God of War game, he has three weapons (including his fancy arm-shield) plus his son's bow, ranged and melee trees for everything except the bow, skills associated with each weapon, gem slots for everything, three different kinds of armor, talismans, et cetera (all of which have items that have four levels of rarity), all of which affect Kratos's SIX different stats. It all feels a bit excessive. Maybe I'm just old, I don't know. :oldman: Grrr.
This kind of thing bothers me about RPGs and MMORPGs (really most games) these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAuR5bkIlQ

It is weird to see people acting so excited over Godfall, I guess there are always games that come at launch of a new console that get more attention than they deserve but that game looks like trash.  

This kind of thing bothers me about RPGs and MMORPGs (really most games) these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYAuR5bkIlQ
The thing is - RPG upgrading elements got stacked onto and on top of everything. Now, every game has, more or less, became some kind of ARPG mixed with some other genre.

As much as I love RPG's and ARPG's - I don't need every damn game to be at least partially a RPG that also has open-world UbiSoft meaningless side-quest elements (kill X guys, find X things, go to X locations, pick up X things) - in which this so happens to offer up 30-60 hours to just finish the main story.

What happened to my 5-10 hour games?

Oh, those are mostly COD campaigns, right? ;)

Or where's 10-20 hour games (main and side quests)? Or 20-40 hour games...for everything (main and side)?

A lot of times - it feels like I've gotten my fill out of a game in the 10-20 hour ballpark; even if they are grind-fest. By then, it's like..."Is this story done yet?"

All these damn new games...became open-world grind-fests that feel like a 30 hour minimum, likely to take up 60-100 hours.

And I feel like a lot of it - I'm now stuck into Inventory screens and Vendor Buy/Sell Screens. I now have X loot. Oh, now here's some materials; get that. Now...what do I do? Do I upgrade? Do I sell it to a vendor? Do I break it down for materials to use on something else?

Can I have some of those no-nonsense action games and linear shooters back please...? I want old-school stuff - think like Doom 3 or Blood - with no upgrade elements. Can I just shoot stuff and find my way through a level?

It is weird to see people acting so excited over Godfall, I guess there are always games that come at launch of a new console that get more attention than they deserve but that game looks like trash.
I find it hard to believe anybody is looking forward to Godfall and don't know what corner of the Internet you were in to see people legitimately excited for it. Since its reveal, it's been collectively shit on, and I can't recall a single positive comment about it.

I can't believe that the mesh of boring repetitive gameplay, microtransactions, spreading "exclusive" content across every platform, Mountain Dew variety and Dorito bag, and character models that look like the Dollar General equivalent of the MCU personalities somehow failed to capture everyone's wallets.
Hey, its a small price to pay to get my spiderman in a mountain dew verizon costume for my ps4 version. That and some brand of gum who's name I can't remember with Intel costumes for my Hulk character on PC version.

This news also explains why I've seen a lot lately on Twitch/Youtube the the 30 second ad of some girl opening up a pack of gum at the computer before she goes to play Avengers.

The thing is - RPG upgrading elements got stacked onto and on top of everything. Now, every game has, more or less, became some kind of ARPG mixed with some other genre.

As much as I love RPG's and ARPG's - I don't need every damn game to be at least partially a RPG that also has open-world UbiSoft meaningless side-quest elements (kill X guys, find X things, go to X locations, pick up X things) - in which this so happens to offer up 30-60 hours to just finish the main story.

What happened to my 5-10 hour games?

Oh, those are mostly COD campaigns, right? ;)

Or where's 10-20 hour games (main and side quests? Or 20-40 hour games...for everything (main and side)?

A lot of times - it feels like I've gotten my fill out of a game in the 10-20 hour ballpark; even if they are grind-fest. By then, it's like..."Is this story done yet?"

All these damn new games...became open-world grind-fests that feel like a 30 hour minimum, likely to take up 60-100 hours.

And I feel like a lot of it - I'm now stuck into Inventory screens and Vendor Buy/Sell Screens. I now have X loot. Oh, now here's some materials; get that. Now...what do I do? Do I upgrade? Do I sell it to a vendor? Do I break it down for materials to use on something else?

Can I have some of those no-nonsense action games and linear shooters back please...? I want old-school stuff - think like Doom 3 or Blood - with no upgrade elements. Can I just shoot stuff and find my way through a level?
I don't mind upgrade trees and leveling up being added into all game types. Sure, give me some games that are just pure action where the only upgrade is finding a new weapon that is useful in certain situations or as a way to add just a little bit of variety.

What I really don't like is having to min/max everything of every game.

"Hmmm... this is a boss of the water temple, so let me put on my armor (or armor modifiers) that reduce water based damage, equip my weapons (or modifiers) that increase fire based damage, etc."

Like Division 2... you have multiple gear loadout slots. Meaning, I assume, you have to micromanage multiple sets of equipment in order to "get the most" out of the game.

Or getting new guns/armor in Division 2. "Well, the new one is better in this way... but it's worse in this way."

I ain't got the time motivation for that.

I get that people like that. They want to spend hours trying to get the most optimal equipment.

I don't. Breakpoint was nice since they offered the option to turn off gearscore. So I was able to play through the whole game (minus the stuff that required gearscore) changing guns twice I think. Once I found equipment I liked, I was able to continue using it.

That game still had some upgrading to guns, even with gearscore turned off, but it was just a flat upgrade, which isn't bad.

How dare you slander Kameo for the xbox 360!
Look, dude, this is the wrong forum to be discussing your fetishes.

I Since it's reveal, it's been collectively shit on

This news also explains why I've seen a lot lately on Twitch/Youtube the the 30 second ad of some girl opening up a pack of gum at the computer before she goes to play Avengers.

I find it hard to believe anybody is looking forward to Godfall and don't know what corner of the Internet you were in to see people legitimately excited for it. Since its reveal, it's been collectively shit on, and I can't recall a single positive comment about it.
Console preorder threads on various places, lots of people who preordered Godfall and are excited. Gearbox fanboys I guess, I dunno. I haven't seen anybody excited for it outside of preorder threads.

I don't mind upgrade trees and leveling up being added into all game types. Sure, give me some games that are just pure action where the only upgrade is finding a new weapon that is useful in certain situations or as a way to add just a little bit of variety.

What I really don't like is having to min/max everything of every game.

"Hmmm... this is a boss of the water temple, so let me put on my armor (or armor modifiers) that reduce water based damage, equip my weapons (or modifiers) that increase fire based damage, etc."

Like Division 2... you have multiple gear loadout slots. Meaning, I assume, you have to micromanage multiple sets of equipment in order to "get the most" out of the game.

Or getting new guns/armor in Division 2. "Well, the new one is better in this way... but it's worse in this way."

I ain't got the time motivation for that.

I get that people like that. They want to spend hours trying to get the most optimal equipment.

I don't. Breakpoint was nice since they offered the option to turn off gearscore. So I was able to play through the whole game (minus the stuff that required gearscore) changing guns twice I think. Once I found equipment I liked, I was able to continue using it.

That game still had some upgrading to guns, even with gearscore turned off, but it was just a flat upgrade, which isn't bad.
I love RPG's normally, in general - but I don't need every game turning into one and/or borrowing elements from RPG's or ARPG's.

Anyone remember when Ghost Recon series was like GRAW, without loot and tiered gear and was linear w/ one mission and then the next in SP Campaigns?

Anyone remember when AC didn't have loot and tiered gear? Anyone remember in AC games, when a backstab actually always killed an enemy? Or when you had say 12 enemies on you...and then you can fight all 12 head on and kill them all w/ one or two swings, effortlessly?

For especially these grind-fests - we need multiple difficulties. A "Story Mode" for this kind of game, probably would be ideal. This way, the game can be made easy...for those who don't wanna min/max all the time. Some people...just want to stick to the action.

Not everybody wants to be focused on the grind and what to equip, dealing w/ Inventory screens, Workbench Screens, and Buy/Sell Vendors screens all the time.

I think there should be a feature in these loot-games, where you can set the game can auto-set it so it just equips for you what it thinks is the best item automatically, once you get it (if the game allows that at all times) or get to an area where you are allowed to swap/switch loot.

Or in Inventory screen, there's a button to just "Equip All Best Loot."

EDIT:

Seems like, everything goes through a phase.

Myst hit it big, so...Myst clones everywhere! Doom was hot - so, Doom FPS clones everywhere!

Once, we complained there's too many linear games. Open-world games came and we loved it - now every game goes open-world.

Diablo struck it big - Sacred, Nox, Dungeon Siege, Space Siege, Silverfall, and more clones came.

RTCW delivers a great FPS SP and MP experience - screw it, all games (even mostly SP-focused ones) must now have Competitive MP as something to check on the box.

MMO's hit it big w/ UO, Everquest, and especially WoW - tons more show up...and fail.

Left 4 Dead hits it big - 4 player co-op everywhere! AC hits it big - it feels like there's UbiSoft clones everywhere, inside Ubi and outside of them. Hellgate London innovates and sticks looter onto the shooter game - then here comes Borderlands! Destiny especially and then Division do well and copy the looter-shooter, but they turn that into online-only looter shooter - here's more of them...and even now Godfall!

Who is the resident expert on televisions?  Need to buy my mom one during Black Friday.  Nothing amazing like the $1,000+ OLED or QLED or whatever, but a solid 50" or so 4K LED.  There was one from Walmart that was a brand I never heard of but I'm thinking something like LG or Samsung is worth the extra bucks.

Uh... also... Steam Holiday Sale will suck.

/keeping on topic

Who is the resident expert on televisions? Need to buy my mom one during Black Friday. Nothing amazing like the $1,000+ OLED or QLED or whatever, but a solid 50" or so 4K LED. There was one from Walmart that was a brand I never heard of but I'm thinking something like LG or Samsung is worth the extra bucks.

/keeping on topic
someones gotta be the first to say it, tcl

They've become like the defacto standard of, I need a good tv and dont want to spend a fortune. Good prices normally, also tend to get like 50-100 off during sales. You can pick the 'series' you want for increasing quality, series 4 is like the baseline 4k, and you get increasingly better as you move up through the 5, 6, etc series

How dare you slander Kameo
tenor.gif

someones gotta be the first to say it, tcl

They've become like the defacto standard of, I need a good tv and dont want to spend a fortune. Good prices normally, also tend to get like 50-100 off during sales. You can pick the 'series' you want for increasing quality, series 4 is like the baseline 4k, and you get increasingly better as you move up through the 5, 6, etc series
Yeah that was the brand I think was on sale yesterday for like $148. I have no issues spending a bit more for a more notable brand. There's a Vizio 50" 4K UHD LED Quantum whatever that means up now for $298.

Can I talk about my fetish if it involves cheap games and pizza?
Only if it's this:

XE6exqm.jpg

Who is the resident expert on televisions? Need to buy my mom one during Black Friday. Nothing amazing like the $1,000+ OLED or QLED or whatever, but a solid 50" or so 4K LED. There was one from Walmart that was a brand I never heard of but I'm thinking something like LG or Samsung is worth the extra bucks.

/keeping on topic

Yeah that was the brand I think was on sale yesterday for like $148. I have no issues spending a bit more for a more notable brand. There's a Vizio 50" 4K UHD LED Quantum whatever that means up now for $298.
That's funny. . . I was not going to provide you with any constructive or useful advice, but then you said the V-word. Vizio TVs are hot garbage. I'd avoid that at all costs.

/keeping on topic
Personal opinion (after obsessing over TVs for some time before finally buying an expensive one) is stay away from cheap Samsung or other big brand name TVs. The high end are fantastic, the low end are mostly trash for the price they ask. My friend's TCL 50S535 looks better than the Samsungs in a similar price range. He had a black friday Samsung tv that he paid $499 for and it looked like crap compared to the TCL which I think he paid $300 for on sale.

Anyway rtings.com is a good place to look, don't take what they say for gospel but it is still a great resource especially for seeing if a TV is rated particularly bad at one thing you care about i.e. bad for watching cable shows or sports but good for movies, etc.

I bought a 50" 4K UHD Vizio at Walmart in 2018 for $250 and found it to be worth the cost. It's not the best TV I've ever owned or seen, but it does its job well. It's a flat panel, so I bought a good sound bar and hooked it up via HDMI ARC; Vizio apparently has issues with audio lag, but this was fixed for me with a firmware update. It also has 4 HDMI ports, but I needed more, so I bought an HDMI switch, and it works great. Haven't had any burn-in or dead pixels, and the picture quality is good (my couch is 8 feet away). Not looking to get a different TV anytime soon.

Most functional televisions aren't the big investment they used to be, especially since the lifecycle of cutting edge technology is continuously decreasing. The best 4K ultra-super-LGBTQLED televisions today will be superseded by even better ones within 5 years. Unless you're an aficionado who sits in front of your TV for 5-6 hours every night, I personally don't see a reason not to get one.

Btw, I think of Vizio as the gateway brand between the other cheap brands--RCA, Westinghouse, TCL, etc--and the well-known "quality" brands like Samsung, LG, and Sony.

The only reason I half cared about Ubi achievements was for the Uplay points but it sounds as though you no longer get coins/points for achievements anyway.  From the article...

The Original Poster got a bunch of responses, among which were the ones from players who have played the game for dozens of hours. From the responses, it looks like the players will soon start asking for refunds left and right.

Some people care about achievements WAY more than I do, I guess.

In GPU news, 3060 Ti releasing in December; 3080 Ti, 3060, 3050 & 3050 Ti releasing in January.  3060 rumored to be about RTX 2080 performance for three hundred bucks.

Yeah people are more excited for their platinum trophies or getting the max gamer score for a game. I myself just want to beat the games and if I'm close to a plat/perfect score I'll go for it. I hate grinding or wasting time just to get a platinum if I'm already done with the game. An example of this is Ghosts of Tsushima, which is a pretty decent open world game, but by the time I got near the end I was massively burned out and bored of the story. The story never recovered for sure, but I got the ending and I was like okay I can waste my time liberating so many places and getting like 8 more fox dens or whatever and a bunch of treasures, but I was already done and moved on. I don't use trophy guides or walkthroughs and any game that requires that to 100% it is likely not worth my time. I do use walkthroughs on puzzles I'm banging my head on the wall about, but that's about it. I did 100% most of Persona 3 FES (the main game at least) without a guide, but that took starting over the game and making my own personal notes about all the social links. I wouldn't do it again at least. Still think FES is the superior version of the game even with the non player controller AI.

I like to just play the game and whatever I do Achieve from Achievements, well...cool. [shrug]

I can't deny it - even when I'm not trying to get an Achievement and do achieve one, I'm usually like: "Oh, cool! I got an Achievement."

But, surely...those who are Achievements hunters and trying to get maximum time; find every nook, cranny, and secret here; and get whatever whatnot out of a game - especially if they don't buy many titles - yeah, they should be pissed.

Especially if every other damn version has these Achievements.

All these games these days anyways should have Achievements section built in-game at the very least (even if it's just for personal use and offline Profiles) - and it should be up to the dev's decide and implement if they want to support uploading of those Achievements on Steam, GOG, PSN, XBL, or whatever.

EDIT:

It would've been nice to have had Achievements in Control (Epic Version) even if it was just offline and for Personal use in-game, especially since they are there in the Steam-version. But, nope - not here in this version. Still, not the end of my gaming world and whatnot. [shrug]

There was a lot of stuff you could get in games with uplay points and a lot of people love achievement hunting in general.  I only care on a game every once in a while but I can understand people being pissed off if they messed that up.  

There was a lot of stuff you could get in games with uplay points
You don't get Uplay points for achievements anymore anyway. So, if that was your motivation, this shouldn't affect you.

I mean, I still agree that it's weird and lazy to exclude PCs from achievements. Just saying that this doesn't exclusively affect PC players in terms of Uplay points.

I mean, I still agree that it's weird and lazy to exclude PCs from achievements.
Yep, I agree. This is foolish entirely. It's as if, for Achievement hunters, they are making sure they sell console versions of this game, just by leaving PC out here.

This is "weird and lazy" (as you put it) and also annoying - as many people love this Achievement stuff. It makes the PC version, in one way, inferior to other versions. It's lacking something...other versions have.

Regardless, this is all still "whatever"...for me. [shrug]

I'll still get this on PC at some point and likely when it's cheaper (much cheaper), but...it won't be anytime soon. Still behind on my main AC games, anyways.

Still got AC: Syndicate's Season Pass, AC: Origins Gold, and AC: Odyssey Gold to play anyways...for the main AC titles that I want to eventually get into.

Still ain't finished AC: Rogue; still never played AC: Liberation Remastered; and still got all the DLC's from AC3: Remastered to play.

You don't get Uplay points for achievements anymore anyway. So, if that was your motivation, this shouldn't affect you.

I mean, I still agree that it's weird and lazy to exclude PCs from achievements. Just saying that this doesn't exclusively affect PC players in terms of Uplay points.
Yeah but that was a recent change too wasn't it? It was part of why I understand people being mad if they cared about that stuff. The way people were ranting on reddit about no longer being rewarded for individual achievements, I thought that was also something they just changed a few days ago.

Nioh 2 Complete coming to PC in Feb. Also Nioh 2 and a remastered version of the first Nioh coming to PS5.
I wanted to like Nioh. I played through to the, I think, second to last boss and tried too many times than I needed to beat him. I realized that I needed to grind more and I already put in too much time and effort to get to that point - grinding included. Mind you, I have played and beat Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, Demons Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, and recently beat Sekiro.

Nioh has some good mechanics, such as the various stances, but it the difficulty seems too unbalanced to be enjoyed.

Last game I bothered to get all the achievements/trophies for was ff13. I used to be one of those completionists who did everything possible in a game. Star ocean series killed that for me though ff13 had already pushed me with its grindiness. 

as for persona 3 fes I find p3p better for more than just the manual party member control.  You have the new characters including the femc and new s links on her side that include all your party members instead of just the 3 girls in vanilla and 4th in fes when they added Aegis to the list.  Oh and the dungeon portion of fes with Aegis sucks due to them stripping most of the gameplay mechanics.  Another thing in the plus column is that the moon s link on mc's side sucks horribly and Shinjirou replaces him on the femc side.

AC: Valhalla PC stuff and future UbiSoft Connect stuff.

Ubisoft responds that the no Achievements on AC: Valhalla PC is intended & future games on PC won't have them:

PC Gamer - https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-is-dropping-achievements-from-its-launcher-beginning-with-assassins-creed-valhalla/

Info:

- Achievements are gone from PC versions of their games, starting w/ AC: Valhalla.

- Ubi says removing Achievements from UbiSoft Connect with PC versions is as intended.

- They are going to expand their Challenges system, which rewards players w/ more than just a badge on PC.

- Challenges can provide XP, Rewards, and other stuff via UbiSoft Connect.

bread's done
Back