Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Even if we say that later acquisition disqualifies it (I disagree since there's a reason why MS spent a bajillion dollars to buy it but whatever), I'd go with Angry Birds as best known indie. If we disqualify that, you still have plenty of titles like Terraria or FTL that would take the crown.

Or Woodle Tree Adventures. Everyone owns a copy of Woodle Tree Adventures.
I know I’m late to the party, but I was just thinking: isn’t Doom the best known, or at the very least most influential, indie game? At least if we only include games made after major publishers had started to form in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Long Dark is 75% off ($7.49). https://store.steampowered.com/app/305620/The_Long_Dark/

She's Mrs Claus, I'm the naughty elf and MysterD is Ezio from AssCreed, that's just how we roll!
This is what I had in mind:

eZReh36.jpg

Free Steam games!

The Walking Dead - HT604-2AC9W-Z2WGK

The Walking Dead: 400 Days - XFHBJ-M4B7D-9DTJ6

The Walking Dead: Season Two - E9GGW-26QZG-APPM3

Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren`s Call - FD59V-WX5XQ-45HGH

Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones - AXC80-5QFGY-83M2A

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart - GTVZT-4FW9L-D0MYD

Downfall - D692G-I9H4Y-8RXK0

Hacknet - CWP98-B56Z2-7BYQZ

The Charnel House Trilogy - IWY8C-QEAN0-IN65H

Mars: War Logs - 3D2PA-8DFE7-WKDZ5

:wave:

Newegg is restocking nvidia 30 series cards in 9 minutes!! Source: Newegg Twitter (links available there).  Warning: they are combos. 

so cyberpunk o'clock came, and if you preloaded, you have an additional six gigs to download. but everyone is downloading at the same time, so it's crawling. anyways, it says i have three hours left, so I'll just sit here and cry. #firstworldproblems

so cyberpunk o'clock came, and if you preloaded, you have an additional six gigs to download. but everyone is downloading at the same time, so it's crawling. anyways, it says i have three hours left, so I'll just sit here and cry. #firstworldproblems
3d5.jpg

Would love to hear how performance is going on your system and what you are running it on.
i7-9700K @ 5GHz, RTX 3080 and 32GB DDR4-3200

1440p Ultra. Ray Tracing on, DLSS locked to Quality; Motion Blur, Chromatic Abb., Lens Flares & Depth of Field are all off (for aesthetic reasons, not performance)

Getting 60-75fps depending on how busy an area is. GPU runs at about 77C which is where it caps out in several other games (Division 2, Control, etc) so no surprise there and is at 98% utilization constantly. My card is undervolted since the 3080 seems to have been overtuned and you can often get better performance out of it by undervolting it slightly so it gets lower temps and doesn't throttle. Doing so lowered peak temps 5C in Time Spy and got me another 300+ points to my score.

1440p Ultra. Ray Tracing on, DLSS locked to Quality; Motion Blur, Chromatic Abb., and Depth of Field off (for aesthetic reasons, not performance)

Getting 60-75fps depending on how busy an area is. GPU runs at about 77C which is where it caps out in several other games (Division 2, Control, etc) so no surprise there and is at 98% utilization constantly. My card is undervolted since the 3080 seems to have been overtuned and you can often get better performance out of it by undervolting it slightly so it gets lower temps and doesn't throttle. Doing so lowered peak temps 5C in Time Spy and got me another 300+ points to my score.
So just curious...what is the ballpark figure on cost for a system like yours?

I guess what I am wondering about is the gaming comparison aspects of PC vs Console, this likely being the most demanding next gen game across platforms....

1440p Ultra. Ray Tracing on, DLSS locked to Quality; Motion Blur, Chromatic Abb., and Depth of Field off (for aesthetic reasons, not performance)

Really nice to see this. Glad it’s working out for you. I pick up my copy in a few hours and have a similar build. Hyped.

Been playing on Series X since yesterday and it looks amazing to me already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Following in Epic's footsteps with Rocket League, you can get a $10 Ubi store coupon for trying Hyperscape on PC between now and the 17th.

Minimum $15 purchase and no virtual currency, Ubi+ subs, etc.  Doesn't stack with other coupons.  No pre-orders.  But it does work with new releases and expires on Jan 31st so maybe they'll have some Winter sale prices to stack it on.

Following in Epic's footsteps with Rocket League, you can get a $10 Ubi store coupon for trying Hyperscape on PC between now and the 17th.

Minimum $15 purchase and no virtual currency, Ubi+ subs, etc. Doesn't stack with other coupons. No pre-orders. But it does work with new releases and expires on Jan 31st so maybe they'll have some Winter sale prices to stack it on.
Been thinking about finally buying R6 Siege recently. $4.99 isn't bad for the deluxe edition. Not thrilled about being stuck in the Ubi launcher, though.

Epic freebies are up. Also Dec 17th is start of their holiday sale and a free game each day for 15 days.
Glad to hear they're doing that again. I fully expect we'll see a lot of repeats, but nonetheless. Probably played more Into the Breach last holiday than anything else.

Played a bunch of games from that giveaway, but another highlight was Ape Out. My girlfriend, who doesn't play a lot of video games, was actually really taken by it and we ended up playing handing it off after each death through the first few stages.

Been thinking about finally buying R6 Siege recently. $4.99 isn't bad for the deluxe edition. Not thrilled about being stuck in the Ubi launcher, though.
I think you have to deal with Ubi launcher on some level no matter what. I know it makes me go through it when playing R6 on Steam. To the point where I sort of wish I had just bought it on Ubi for one less layer of nonsense.

For those that actually have Cyberpunk....

Would love to hear how performance is going on your system and what you are running it on.
ryzen 5 3600, radeon 6800, 24 gb 2400 ram

ultra preset, rt off, motion blur and film grain off, vsync on

pretty steady 60 fps at 1080p, dips to 55 sometimes when i'm driving or in larger areas. i, too undervolt my gpu, but that's because my psu is under spec.

For those that actually have Cyberpunk....

From what I saw on GOG and Steam Boards - sounds like the most demanding game I've ever heard; the new Crysis basically.

Steam Forums - https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/
GOG Forums - https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077#1607566021
I79700k, 5600xt, 32gb Ram at 1440 medium averaging 80-90 FPS, dipping down into the 50s at times

If for some crazy reason you don't already own either of those, they're both worth at least one playthrough. The PoE series in particular is great. Tyranny is . . . a bit odd, but still worth playing.
I still grabbed them, even though I own them on Steam.

Tyranny was great IMHO; and PoE1 Definitive and even actually PoE2 are both backlogged.

One good thing here: I don't have Tyranny: Gold on Steam, just Tyranny: Regular Edition there - so this solves the Missing DLC problem that I was having w/ that game.

EDIT:

I always grab free copies from Epic (even if owned elsewhere), b/c sometimes those Epic-versions are DRM-FREE or you can use "-EpicPortal" trick to bypass the Epic-client DRM.

Cyberpunk 2077 is breaking all kinds of records.

Sources:
Business Insider = https://www.businessinsider.com/cyberpunk-2077-tops-steam-and-twitch-charts-at-launch-2020-12
Eurogamer - https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-10-now-its-cyberpunk-2077s-turn-to-be-the-fastest-selling-pc-game-of-all-time
GamesRadar - https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpunk-2077-pre-orders-went-over-8-million-worldwide-cd-projekt-reveals/
TechRadar - https://www.techradar.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-blows-away-steam-record-as-tons-of-gamers-rush-to-play-at-launch

Info:
- Forget WoW: Shadowlands (expansion) breaking PC records a day or two ago with 3.7 million copies sold by Day 1; Cyberpunk crushed that.
- Cyberpunk has sold 4.7m copies for the PC alone by Day 1.
- Cyberpunk across both PC & consoles has sold over 8 million copies in total by Day 1.
- Cyberpunk 2077 has made at least $480 million on pre-orders by Day 1.
- This doesn't include Day 1 sales yet.
- With 8 million sold, this could compete w/ GTA5, in which GTA5 did w/ both Pre-Order & Day 1 sales combined of $800m.
- Over 1,000,000 Steam-users will playing CP 2077 concurrently, doubling the Steam peaks of Terraria (490k) and Fallout 4 (473k).
- On Twitch, over 1,000,000 people were watching this game on that service, which is a new record for a single-player game.

If for some crazy reason you don't already own either of those, they're both worth at least one playthrough. The PoE series in particular is great. Tyranny is . . . a bit odd, but still worth playing.
There was a surprisingly great Humble RPG Bundle back in (incredibly) 2019 (yeah, I thought Humble had already gone to shit before then but what do you know) that had both of these in the BTA tier. Along with Deep Sky Derelicts in the $1 tier.

They were both the vanilla editions though, so pretty amazing that Epic packed in the DLC for these.

The Game Awards 2020 Stuff:

World Premieres:

- NEW Perfect Dark announced from The Initiative w/ Microsoft.

- Turtle Rock presents Back 4 Blood (original makers of L4D 1+2) with Trailer & Gameplay Reveal footage.

- Alpha for Back 4 Blood coming next week; full release next year in June 2021.

- Scavengers PC version for Closed Beta starts today.

- Hood: Outlaws & Legends trailer.

- Forza Horizon 4: Cyberpunk 2077 DLC is free and comes out tomorrow (12-11-2020).

- The Callisto Protocol which looks like a new Dead Space successor & type of game (from some former Dead Space dev's): third-person survival-horror single-player game for PC & consoles. This has been in development for at least a year or so with a team of over 100.

- Warhammer 40,000: Darktide from Fatshark with gameplay was shown.

- New game from Fullbright called Open Roads starring Kaitlyn Dever & Keri Russell.

- Disco Elysium: The Final Cut trailer: full voice-acting added; new quests; etc etc. - free upgrade for all players.

- Dragon Age IV Trailer.

- Endless Dungeons trailer.

- Crimson Desert MMO with gameplay footage.

- Free update incoming of The Swedish Chef DLC for Overcooked: All You Can Eat.

- Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War & Warzone - Season One trailer.

- Seasons (game) trailer and announcement.

- ARK 2 starring Vin Diesel.

- ARK: The Animated Series with more big-name voice-actors & actresses than I can name (Vin Diesel, Michelle Yeoh, Elliot Page, etc etc).

- Fall Guys: Season 3 is coming Dec. 15th.

- Odyssey: Elite Dangerous announced...with on-foot gameplay, gunplay & combat (shots fired at Squadron 42).

- Outriders trailer; coming Feb. 2021.

- Evil Dead: The Game announced for 2021.

- Ghosts & Goblins: Resurrection for Switch in Feb. 2021.

- Microsoft Flight Simulator announced for Xbox Series S and X Platforms.

- Returnal announced for PS5.

- Super Meat Boy Forever trailer; coming 12-23-2020.

- Genshin Impact announced.

- Road 96; a procedural road trip game.

- Josef Fares with a new game: It Takes Two, a co-op action/adventure/platformer game for March 26, 2021.

- Elder Scrolls Online: Gates of Oblivion trailer; coming in 2021.

- Monster Hunter: Rise announced for Switch in 2021.

- Evil West by Flying Hog Wild announced; looks like a supernatural Western action game.

- Scarlet Nexus trailer from Bandai Namco for Summer 2021 release.

- Among Us: The Airship map is coming in Early 2021.

- Master Chief; Dixon & Michonne are joining the cast of characters tonight for Fortnite.

- Blood Gulch map from Halo is joining Fortnite.

- Rocket League: Season 2 is coming with a new track in there from Kaskade.

- Yakuza 3,4,5 & 6 Remastered announced for Xbox Game Pass and will be coming.

- GTA Online: The Cayo Perrico Heist announced for Dec. 15th.

- Mass Effect 5 announced.

Winners:

- The Last Of Us: Part 2 wins The Game Of The Year for 2020 (from the Critics).

- The Last of Us: Part 2 wins for Best Narrative, Best Audio Design, Innovation in Accessibility & Best Game Direction.

- Laura Bailey in The Last of Us: Part 2 wins for her portrayal of Abby.

- No Man's Sky wins for Best Ongoing Game.

- Ghost of Tshushima for Best Art Direction and for Players' Choice.

- Hades wins Best Action Game and Best Independent Game.

- Half-Life: Alyx for Best VR/AR Games.

- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 wins for Best Sports/Racing Game.

- Elven Ring wins for Most Anticipated Game.

- Tell Me Why wins for Games for Impact Award.

- Among Us wins for Best Multiplayer Game & Best Mobile Game.

- Final Fantasy VII Remake wins for Best RPG.

- Microsoft Flight Simulator wins for Best Simulation/Strategy Game.

- Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate wins for Best Fighting Game.

- Valkyrae wins for Content Creator of the Year.

bread's done
Back