Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I grow tired of super gluing the right shift key back onto my thrift store find budget mechanical ("feel") keyboard.

Good timing I suppose, open of suggestions on better glue or a new keyboard, what should I ask Santa to bring?

It's my work from home setup so something 10key and nice for typing. Anything nice on sale right now?

I'm using LOCTITE Gel Control super glue, btw...last repair lasted a couple months. MFer always craps out on my mid work day and I can't get used to using the left shift key for everything while it dries...
I got this for $40ish during Prime Day. Pretty solid. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAI2TXC/

I found a Razer Blackwidow Elite for $37 at Walmart after last year's holiday season was over. Not sure if there will be a surplus of keyboards again in early 2021, but you might want to keep an eye out. Could find it on Brickseek or the Walmart YMMV thread.

One store near me has them clearanced to $13, OOS though - https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=271566037

Keyboard is fantastic, for what it's worth. Using the USB ports on the keyboard for my mouse and headset, and I use the volume and media controls when I'm streaming. Keys are top notch. I don't use the wrist rest, but it's fairly soft and has a magnetic backing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I preordered Division 2 to play with friends despite still having the first one backlogged, I was really busy when it first came out and they basically played non-stop and burned themselves out before it even had any DLC and never went back to it.  I still have not played it.  A very good usage of your money is preordering something and not playing it until years later if at all.

That said, I played the game consistently since March 2019 so even if this is the end, I can't say that I didn't get my money's worth.
850 hours here according to ubisoft and I don't really idle within games. I had/have 1043 hours in Division 1.

I preordered Division 2 to play with friends despite still having the first one backlogged, I was really busy when it first came out and they basically played non-stop and burned themselves out before it even had any DLC and never went back to it. I still have not played it. A very good usage of your money is preordering something and not playing it until years later if at all.
I'm still bad about buying stuff and never playing it but I have gotten better about not pre-ordering stuff and not playing it. Granted, I think in the last 4 years I've pre-ordered only 4 games or so.

Thinking of getting Metro Exodus Gold Edition but not sure if I should get it for PC (from Fanatical) or Xbox One S (my PC specs are i5 9400 and GTX 1660ti so I won't be maxing anything out, much less get to see ray tracing). From what I could see from Digital Foundry the One S is better than the PS4 slim. Looking at the specs, I guess this is one of those 'test' games (i.e. "Can it run ___?"). FWIW I'd basically get $5 in credit if I got the Xbox version for buying it during the holiday sale.

Thoughts?  :whistle2:k

Thinking of getting Metro Exodus Gold Edition but not sure if I should get it for PC (from Fanatical) or Xbox One S (my PC specs are i5 9400 and GTX 1660ti so I won't be maxing anything out, much less get to see ray tracing).
The 1660ti is leagues better than the GPU (well, APU) capabilities in the One S. The One S is using console level graphics hardware from 2016 which is roughly in the Nvidia GTX 750 or Radeon HD 7790 range.

Thinking of getting Metro Exodus Gold Edition but not sure if I should get it for PC (from Fanatical) or Xbox One S (my PC specs are i5 9400 and GTX 1660ti so I won't be maxing anything out, much less get to see ray tracing).

Thoughts? :whistle2:k
Wait what. Did you mean to say Xbox Series S? There's no competition between an Xbox One S and a PC with those specs.

Brigador: Up-Armored Deluxe is FREE to claim on GOG for the next 3 days.  Once again the button to claim it should be on the front page of the store.

Thinking of getting Metro Exodus Gold Edition but not sure if I should get it for PC (from Fanatical) or Xbox One S (my PC specs are i5 9400 and GTX 1660ti so I won't be maxing anything out, much less get to see ray tracing). From what I could see from Digital Foundry the One S is better than the PS4 slim. Looking at the specs, I guess this is one of those 'test' games (i.e. "Can it run ___?"). FWIW I'd basically get $5 in credit if I got the Xbox version for buying it during the holiday sale.

Thoughts? :whistle2:k
I'd go with PC.

Down the line, when you get a better rig some few years form now - you could play the game again and/or benchmark it when you get a better PC with 2060 or better; 3000 series or better; or anything newer for cards supporting RTX (with NVidia) or RT (with AMD).

I ran it with RTX Off on a GTX 1060 on my laptop when it first hit PC Game Pass at 40-50fps at a mix of Medium and High at 1080p, IIRC. Awesome game, BTW.

I can tell the Steam sale is getting all of you too excited to post about it.

In actual good deal news, Best Buy has a flash sale for 3 months of pc game pass right now and they keep emailing out $5 and $10 gift certificates, so I was able to get this for $7: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-for-pc-3-month-membership-green-digital/6423588.p?skuId=6423588

Humble Choice is $6/month for the next 6 months. Pretty good offer; looks like you pay monthly and lose the deal if you pause.

Grandia HD is 50% off on Steam and Humble (60% if you have choice). Grandia II never got a steeper discount, so unless this game is ever bundled, I figure it won't go lower as well.

I'd go with PC.

Down the line, when you get a better rig some few years form now - you could play the game again and/or benchmark it when you get a better PC with 2060 or better; 3000 series or better; or anything newer for cards supporting RTX (with NVidia) or RT (with AMD).

I ran it with RTX Off on a GTX 1060 on my laptop when it first hit PC Game Pass at 40-50fps at a mix of Medium and High at 1080p, IIRC. Awesome game, BTW.
Thanks (once again) for the advice!

I got a 5% coupon from Fanatical for buying Metro Exodus (plus a choice of free game for a purchase of $10 or more), so I turned right around and used the coupon on Control: Ultimate Edition ($17.19 sale, $16.33 after coupon). :D/ That's another game that I was tempted to get on console, but thought better of it after reading about the performance issues.

Looking at the recommended specs, and apparently it's more or less the setup that I have. :bouncy: Of course, no ray tracing. but I knew I wouldn't be going for ray tracing capabilities when I was shopping for the low/mid-range computers, so it's all good on that front.

So I now have *two* "But will it play ___?" games bought in the space of a few hours. This is the first time in years that I've been this plugged in to the various sales (due to the brand-new PC). And the Steam Winter Sale starting today has kind of cranked the [CAG intensifies] level up to 11, though the discounts ain't what they used to be. Just curious: has Fanatical been this, erm, fanatical about reeling in Steam customers for a while?

Because it's working on me, LMAO

Birds?

fOJEpOY.jpg

Birds.

Thanks (once again) for the advice!

I got a 5% coupon from Fanatical for buying Metro Exodus (plus a choice of free game for a purchase of $10 or more), so I turned right around and used the coupon on Control: Ultimate Edition ($17.19 sale, $16.33 after coupon). :D/ That's another game that I was tempted to get on console, but thought better of it after reading about the performance issues.

Looking at the recommended specs, and apparently it's more or less the setup that I have. :bouncy: Of course, no ray tracing. but I knew I wouldn't be going for ray tracing capabilities when I was shopping for the low/mid-range computers, so it's all good on that front.

So I now have *two* "But will it play ___?" games bought in the space of a few hours. This is the first time in years that I've been this plugged in to the various sales (due to the brand-new PC). And the Steam Winter Sale starting today has kind of cranked the [CAG intensifies] level up to 11, though the discounts ain't what they used to be. Just curious: has Fanatical been this, erm, fanatical about reeling in Steam customers for a while?

Because it's working on me, LMAO
Awesome. Can't go wrong w/ both Metro Exodus and Control. They ran "okay" on my 1060 6gb laptop card, so should run better on your 1660. Enjoy them.

EDIT:

I've been using Fanatical for a while, back when they were BundleStars.

I played through defense grid and all its dlc earlier this year and didnt run into any problems, just some really enjoyable tower defense. I liked how it showed the high scores from people on your friends list for each mission too, added some replayability so I could claim that top spot.
Feel free to add me on Steam, same name, and see if you're still in the top spot. Might get me to jump back in and try it again. It is one of my few 100% achievement games.

I would just try the "demo" of a game to determine how well it ran and if I liked it before buying it on Steam waiting for a bundle.

Appreciate the feedback on mechanical keyboards...I have no idea what I am doing to figured I should play it safe for now.

Decided to order a Logitech K845 with the brown switches from amazon

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/k845-mechanical-illuminated?irclickid=xr1y4vwgExyLUJiwUx0Mo38eUkE3tx22uVUX3k0&utm_source=radius&utm_medium=affiliate&irgwc=1

Buying decision based on: 

-two day shipping (current right shift key repair not looking great and this is my work-from-home setup)

-logitech is a reputable brand name (I don't really know what I am doing and they seem pretty mainstream)

-clean/basic look (seriously, seems like almost everything

RGB is critical!
You say this, and product searching would illustrate your point, yet I have no idea why or how to apply it to my advantage.

Seems more distracting than advantageous to me...but I fit in that nostalgic niche of beige and 90s where smooth game play means a clean mouse ball

Has anyone here heard anything about Super Meat Boy Forever?  It came out today for $20 so you can get it for half off with the Epic coupon, but there don't seem to be any reviews out for it yet.

You say this, and product searching would illustrate your point, yet I have no idea why or how to apply it to my advantage.

Seems more distracting than advantageous to me...but I fit in that nostalgic niche of beige and 90s where smooth game play means a clean mouse ball
It is scientifically proven that flashing rainbow lights improve gameplay experience!

It is scientifically proven that flashing rainbow lights improve gameplay experience!
It's old and about fans... but the same work with keyboards, except it's since been tested successfully.

9Eudh.jpg

EDIT:

Found the updated version...

ocescazpn9941.png

For me, the Steam sale hasn't been terrible as it's allowed me to pick up 4 Y's games to dive back into that series for a good price. 

I totally agree that it's not what it used to be, but I'm finding some fun in games that I missed from the past for a reasonable price.

Paragraphs of nonsense math are undercut by the simple fact that we manage to land shit on Mars and write train schedules and calculate wall to wall carpeting dimensions and file income taxes so 1x1=1 seems to be working.

bread's done
Back