Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Night in the Woods is one of those "patient gamer" games for me, a game i thought would be eventually bundled but never was. yes i know it was in that itch bundle, but ya know... itch. anyways, glad i waited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Night in the Woods with Your Mom is one of those "patient gamer" games for me, a game i thought would be eventually bundled but never was. yes i know it was in that itch bundle, but ya know... itch. anyways, glad i waited.
Fixed it to be more context-appropriate for this group. Game looks furry-adjacdent though, not sure if I want to risk losing my hygiene.

Also link for the game, currently free on EGS: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/night-in-the-woods/home

How will GabeN ever survive these declarations of war from Epic? There's only so many Twinkies he can hoard in his underground bunker before he has to count to 3.

Counterpoint: The fact that Epic is still burning Chinese Investor/Fortnight dollars to try to drive sales over a year later suggests that they're not close to threatening Steam's market yet.

holding out for a better sale.

giphy.gif

Quern hit a new low price. I might pick that up. You know what else hit a new low? Grimoire. The game that came out on sale with the promise/threat/whatever that it would be on sale at launch then go back to $39.99 and never be on sale again. And which sells for $9.99 normally now. And is currently on sale for $3.99. Which is still too much.
Grimoire is an odd case where I think you probably need to spend a good hour or two just reading articles and watching Youtube videos to get the optimal experience. It's meh, obtuse, unfriendly and about as niche as you can get, but without the likable person behind it that Spiderweb Software (Jeff Vogel). (Spiderweb software games are likewise enhanced by having read Jeff Vogel's blog). But the ridiculous backstory makes it somewhat compelling.

There's not always this synergy: Fez got a lot less enjoyable after Phil Fish lost his mind, as did pretty much all of Puppygames offerings after they wanted to act like heel wrestlers or internet trolls for a week or so and then rush to reel that back in.

In Steam Sale purchases, I actually picked up- and completed- Donut County.
It's short, but fun enough and I don't begrudge the $4.54 that it's sale price is... it really does capture the Katamari vibe and the story is cute enough.

I also grabbed the Command And Conquer Remastered Collection, even if is going to be on EA play... it's just one of those games that I go back to every few years, and I'd rather just have it in my library than concern myself with whether or not I keep the EA service (and Game Pass) around when the mood happens to strike me to play with C&C for a couple weeks.

Night in the Woods is the first of this Epic freebies set I look forward to playing.

I wish that Planet Coaster was in the last day instead of Jurassic World Evolution, but there's a good chance that it'll be given away next year, assuming Epic keeps giving away games, as a couple of Frontier Developments games have been given away on Epic already. 

Hey Tim needs that money so poor little Epic can stand up to Apple in the Fortnite Civil  Gamer's Rights Movement.  

Save yourself 2 1/2 hours.
Yeah, it wasn't anywhere as great as the previous WW film.

It could've been great, if it was much shorter.

But it feels like it really wastes a lot of its 2 1/2 hours, where they could've further developed these characters and made you care more about them. And it's not like the movie's got tons of action for a super-hero movie either. While I get that it was supposed to be cliche, corny, hokey, over-the-top, ridiculous, hammy, and over-excessive b/c it is taking place in the 1980's - it might've done that a bit too much for its own good.

Feels like the best parts of the film were the very beginning stuff and end stuff.

Might be best watched - in pieces, like 3 episodes of a TV series or something...instead of one whole big film in one whole clip.

If y'all are watching HBO Max, go watch The Flight Attendant instead. Surprise, surprise; it's quite good.

I've had Stranded Deep wishlisted since 2015 and it hasn't even been on sale in years, from what I recall.  Of course, now it'll play like a five year old indie survival game but, hey, I own it.

WW84 was bad.  I get no pleasure from saying that since my wife subbed to HBOMax for it and I spent three hours of my Christmas on it so I really would have rather it was good.  But it wasn't and it had so many problems that you couldn't fix it by handling just one or two of the problems. Poor pacing, bad dialogue, people acting out of character, plotholes, lame effects, you name it and this film had it.  It's not the worst superhero film I've ever seen because I've seen Suicide Squad but it's probably the most disappointing one I remember seeing.  Guess they already greenlighted a third though so maybe this will be the classic "second movie was shit" sequence for a film franchise.

Solitairica looks pretty solid and I don't own it, so first game they have given away for this giving away spree I actually want. I also got that EA old survival game I will never play as well.

Finished the beautiful little game ConflictCraft, which is currently on sale for $0.49. It's essentially a RTS/Puzzle game. Tremendously fun little indie game. HIGHLY RECOMMEND AT THIS PRICE!!!
WTIbayM.png

COMMENTS ARE DISABLED FOR THIS REVIEW??? THE LEFT IS SILENCING OUR BELOVED PURRSIDENT! We must sue Gabe Newell to make him enact his powers as co-founder of Valve that allows us selective choice in commenting again. What's to stop those against TrumpCat from reviewing the game negatively TWICE with two different accounts? No more will we stand for the reviewer fraud that is ruining our Steam experiences. We must act against the liberal fascist reviewers!

Your generous donation of Steam wallet codes will help me combat the reviewers trying to take away our commenting freedom. Please send all gifted money and games to my account: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mfgarymfoak/

You will get a "TrumpCat rocks" bumper sticker image for your contributions.

WTIbayM.png

COMMENTS ARE DISABLED FOR THIS REVIEW??? THE LEFT IS SILENCING OUR BELOVED PURRSIDENT! We must sue Gabe Newell to make him enact his powers as co-founder of Valve that allows us selective choice in commenting again. What's to stop those against TrumpCat from reviewing the game negatively TWICE with two different accounts? No more will we stand for the reviewer fraud that is ruining our Steam experiences. We must act against the liberal fascist reviewers!

Your generous donation of Steam wallet codes will help me combat the reviewers trying to take away our commenting freedom. Please send all gifted money and games to my account: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mfgarymfoak/

You will get a "TrumpCat rocks" bumper sticker image for your contributions.
One upvote for the review, Stop the count!!

Bought Rogue Legacy 2 on epic because I wanted to try the game and thought I'd finally give the epic launcher a shot. The game is EPIC but the launcher really isn't. I regret not buying it on steam and having access to family sharing and steam link. I guess that's why epic has to pay you $10 to buy games from them instead.

Don't think I've seen it mentioned but Outer Wilds is $5 with the Epic coupon: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/outerwilds/home

Highly recommend it. It got a ton of critical acclaim, but somehow seemed to get way less attention amongst the mainstream than the mediocre Outer Worlds. Not similar games, but every time Wilds is brought up, people think you're talking about Worlds.

Heh, just checked Metacritic and they both have an aggregate score of 85 or 82 depending on platform, so I guess they had somewhat equal critical acclaim. 

Torchlight II must have been a previous freebee on Epic because I already own it...

Is the $10 Epic coupon still good? I am almost tempted on Disc Elysium but don't want to pull the trigger @ > $10 out of pocket and will probably just get it on xbox when it comes to console. 

Any PC exclusive gems on Epic I should be looking at?

Edit: post above confirms coupon still valid so mystery solved! 

Don't think I've seen it mentioned but Outer Wilds is $5 with the Epic coupon: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/outerwilds/home

Highly recommend it. It got a ton of critical acclaim, but somehow seemed to get way less attention amongst the mainstream than the mediocre Outer Worlds. Not similar games, but every time Wilds is brought up, people think you're talking about Worlds.

Heh, just checked Metacritic and they both have an aggregate score of 85 or 82 depending on platform, so I guess they had somewhat equal critical acclaim.
I would've bought it by now if I didn't already have a bunch of games lined up over the next couple months. That and Control Ultimate for $14 are the two most appealing deals in the sale IMO.

Appreciate the feedback on mechanical keyboards...I have no idea what I am doing to figured I should play it safe for now.

Decided to order a Logitech K845 with the brown switches from amazon

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/k845-mechanical-illuminated?irclickid=xr1y4vwgExyLUJiwUx0Mo38eUkE3tx22uVUX3k0&utm_source=radius&utm_medium=affiliate&irgwc=1

Buying decision based on:
-two day shipping (current right shift key repair not looking great and this is my work-from-home setup)
-logitech is a reputable brand name (I don't really know what I am doing and they seem pretty mainstream)
-clean/basic look (seriously, seems like almost everything <$100 is a neon rainbow cyberpunk party)
FYI...this keyboard is awesomeness. I admit I have limited (zero apparently) experience with good keyboards and am only comparing this to the trash I have typed on in the past, but I consider this well worth the $60 price tag. I will likely purge some of the trash ones I have been hoarding because I will not be returning to any of those outside of short-term emergencies.

Not sure what makes one cost twice this much but if you have one I'd be interested to know...

As much as I don't want to fund Lil Timmy's Epic Dream of Chinese Funded Digital Game Ownership any further AND even though I know they'll be cheap as fuck much sooner than later, I'm tempted by Ubi's Zelda BotW ripoff and the need to Watch a Legion of Dongs for $30 a pop, post kewpun. They'll be giving the Gold plated turd version of them shits away for sub $20 in less than 6 months, but right now... right now I want to play something other than CP2077. Never thought I'd say that.

As much as I don't want to fund Lil Timmy's Epic Dream of Chinese Funded Digital Game Ownership any further AND even though I know they'll be cheap as fuck much sooner than later, I'm tempted by Ubi's Zelda BotW ripoff and the need to Watch a Legion of Dongs for $30 a pop, post kewpun. They'll be giving the Gold plated turd version of them shits away for sub $20 in less than 6 months, but right now... right now I want to play something other than CP2077. Never thought I'd say that.
You can always do what I'm doing and play shitty games long enough to leave negative reviews for them.

bread's done
Back