Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Then the game starts tossing in "I want my computer to get a 3D Mark score of 3860" jobs which are just tedious. First off, no one using a repair shop is asking them for a specific 3D Mark score.
Dear me, the one thing I was counting on out of PC Building Simulator was a believable plot. Thanks for the warning.

Don't. It's worth $5 tops, and halfway through you'll just want to quit anyway. Lightersaber stuff is fun, but the story is trash, the level design is trash, no fast travel, and shortcuts are basically "unlock this door from the other side" while holding a lightsaber that can cut thru almost anything.
Sounds good. Also I figure I can wait on AG going cheaper so I found some more DLC to buy. (TheHunter)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't. It's worth $5 tops, and halfway through you'll just want to quit anyway. Lightersaber stuff is fun, but the story is trash, the level design is trash, no fast travel, and shortcuts are basically "unlock this door from the other side" while holding a lightsaber that can cut thru almost anything.

Eh, I would pay $10..maybe $15.. Maybe.. I didn't think story was that bad... But there is way too many instances of wall-running and sliding bullshit
Also, the main character pilots like a battleship...

I agree the no fast travel is lame. It also bugged me that I couldn't just pick up a blaster and start blasting these mooks... Nope gotta keep deflecting their bolts until I get close enough and use the light Saber or somewhat weak force power.

I won't even talk about some of the rage-inducing boss battles...

I don't regret getting it for my Christmas last year, it definitely scratched the star wars itch.

OK $10 max... Or get it on Game Ass
I played it on Game Pass, and I quit during the wall-running tutorial, proving conclusively that the wall-running is awful. . . or I suck at it. Either way, the ratio of annoying crap to fun story was too high for me. Take that for what it's worth, but I couldn't even get much value out of playing it for "free."

Why hasn't anyone made a decent "play as a Jedi" game since Jedi Academy? It can't be THAT hard.

Why hasn't anyone made a decent "play as a Jedi" game since Jedi Academy? It can't be THAT hard.
Most developers who've made Star Wars games have been a bit second-rate. Whenever there's been an exception to that rule, the results have been very strong, I'm thinking Bioware with KOTOR.

Jedi Academy was definitely at the level of a crappy expansion pack for Jedi Outcast. Jedi Outcast was novel as one of the first fun "ability" arena shooters, and I think it was largely carried by that novelty plus the Star Wars hook.

Those hooks were definitely compelling and made it a lot of fun, but I don't think it was really all that great of a game on its own terms. I'd definitely slot Raven Software in as a bit of a second-rate developer.

Yeah, no thanks... Then I would have to actually play it in the here and now and not when I want too.
Ah, you mean ...

4sf39q.jpg

Weird, nearly everyone else has been praising Jedi: Fallen Order as a short but good Souls-like, and the first good Star Wars game in ages.  With a 89% positive user rating on Steam.   So the negativity and cynicism here is quite the outlier. 

Weird, nearly everyone else has been praising Jedi: Fallen Order as a short but good Souls-like, and the first good Star Wars game in ages. With a 89% positive user rating on Steam. So the negativity and cynicism here is quite the outlier.
And I'm pretty sure if a critic complained about a game LACKING fast travel, they'd be run out of a job in 2021.

Certainly if you're going for a souls-like, one of the foundational principles is no "fast travel" per se. Maybe something similar but done more cleverly, like the subway in Hollow Knight, but sure as hell no fucking "fast travel" garbage.

Weird, nearly everyone else has been praising Jedi: Fallen Order as a short but good Souls-like, and the first good Star Wars game in ages. With a 89% positive user rating on Steam. So the negativity and cynicism here is quite the outlier.
Yeah, I'm a bit surprised by it but I can honestly wait for the next sale so no big deal here.

Finished 'Extinction' which I got in a Fanatical bundle.  Was laughable they tried to sell this as a $60 game but it's quality bundle fodder for $1 these days.

Been a while since I did one of these.

Had a bunch of extra keys laying around so here's some free games to start the year off.

Two Worlds II: Velvet Edition
LMIB8-DA0DN-Z5LDW

Gorky 17
4QI5W-XFCA2-TKBA3

Two Worlds Epic Edition
N0B2W-Z5H8Q-RGLMY

Enclave
D7FX7-FH0PQ-2TVG3

Septerra Core
8I45J-7EN68-PMJNH

KnightShift
XZ6MF-A42XV-ZCJDG

World War II: Panzer Claws
V9G38-CPDQK-ARP2P

Earth 2150 Trilogy
ZD7V9-E2Y08-90NR5

Super 3-D Noah's Ark
XZTN7-3PB23-JJ2YQ

second drop

Sir, You Are Being Hunted
A55FW-6QYMQ-85F86

GemCraft - Chasing Shadows
GTWW4-728PJ-K00RL

Lucius
Z4LEP-R7WL7-XCBR5

Lichdom: Battlemage
J42GB-6RA8Y-T9D5H

Star Wolves 3: Civil War
MTCGC-ATI49-DFGIA

Ballpoint Universe - Infinite
V8G4R-6CG36-6PR0Y

World's Dawn
QW0R3-QEDV9-3N6PI

DARKWOOD
MDA9T-IHR2D-00?XR (? = number)

Shining Resonance Refrain
JR0TY-FFCLQ-E?WQW (? = letter)

And I'm pretty sure if a critic complained about a game LACKING fast travel, they'd be run out of a job in 2021.

Certainly if you're going for a souls-like, one of the foundational principles is no "fast travel" per se. Maybe something similar but done more cleverly, like the subway in Hollow Knight, but sure as hell no fucking "fast travel" garbage.
I'm not sure why its tagged as souls-like cause it doesnt even remotely feel like it. Its more just a traditional action game. Maybe they tagged that on to get the Souls morans to buy into it. Most souls games you dont do a ton of back travel, and if you do, there are really good short cuts to jump you far ahead. In this, the shortcuts were mostly lame and didnt help much, but you had to travel back to areas once you had more force powers to get to certain spots. Again, feels more like traditional action game with checkpoint saving.

I liked Fallen Order. I've seen it called a Souls-like or a Metroidvania but the elements it borrows from those games are superficial enough that I wouldn't use those terms to classify the game itself. It's just a decent action/adventure game with solid exploration that gets some extra credit for feeling more like Star Wars and telling a better Star Wars story than most of the modern movies. Personally I didn't think the story was very good, but again, if you're comparing it to modern Star Wars, then yeah, it's not bad! Anyway, the game is entirely derivative but it does a good job of stealing the right things from other games. I thought it was one of the more pleasant surprises of 2019 and definitely worth the money I paid for it at the time, which was more than $5.

Steam Haul Post!

My purchases:

Gifts I received:

Dust Heaven

Blood Card

Phasmophobia
Don't Knock Twice

Epic Haul Post!

My purchases:

Ghost Recon Breakpoint

Raji

Yaga

Bee Simulator

Shady Part of Me

Cardpocalypse

Surviving the Aftermath

So far I have played:

Dust Heaven - Original RE clone with an updated almost JRPG aesthetic.  Controls way better than the original RE and is good so far though I'm stuck somewhere and I assume it's an obvious thing I missed because I solved a fairly complex puzzle before this.

Blood Card - Card battler where the twist is Death shows up after so many rounds in a battle and deals additional damage on top of the enemies you are trying to defeat.  So far you battle in rounds of 10 and eventually you want to get powerful enough to deal damage to death when it shows up so you can kill death.  Fun game.

Cardpocalypse - Card battler with a story.  You're a new kid at school and you just started playing the new hot card game.  You got around battling kids at school and learning about the game.  Eventually there's like a big story where you'll be there hero to save the school/game.  Really liking this one too.  Like the way they laid the story out to give you motivation to battle.

Yaga - I've barely played this one, but it's an action/adventure game based on the Baba Yaga mythology.  So far it's really good.  They have voice acting for most of the characters and I like the art style alot.  Haven't gotten deep enough to comment on the combat. 

My final haul was:

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom - The Prince's Edition (GMG)

3D Mark (GMG)

Horizon Zero Dawn (CD Keys)

Green Hell (CDK)

Atari Vault (CDK)

Fenyx Immortals Whatever (Ubi)

Breakpoint (EGS)

Bugsnax (EGS)

Ooblets (EGS)

I had bought Ancestors from Epic but refunded it when Humble Monthly came out.

Bugsnax, Ooblets and Atari Vault were for my kid.  He seems to definitely prefer Ooblets to Bugsnax but mostly because Bugsnax expects him to actually time things and show a little reflex proficiency whereas Ooblets lets him just do whatever he feels like doing.

I only played a little bit of Green Hell and haven't decided how I feel about it yet.  So far the controls are sort of finicky and there's a collection of nonsense steps to do mundane things but I haven't had the chance to get used to them yet either.  I have a feeling I won't love it but won't think it's terrible either.

Aside from that, it's been mostly CP2077.  I'm 135+ hours in and still finding new quest lines to do.  I've only found three of the four potential romance options and each of those is a multi-quest story line so there's definitely plenty to do in the game if you enjoy the nuts and bolts of it.

My final haul was:
Uhhhh last month’s hamble choice I guess?

I bought some 3DS games, including some furry ninja game I wouldn’t have paid ten cents for in a Steam bundle that’s actually kinda fun, if forgettable.

Quick question for all y'all!

Does anyone know the file size difference between Read Dead Redemption 2 and RDR2 Online versions on the Xbox One?

I already own the complete game, but for hard drive sake I thought maybe $5 for standalone is worth it, if the space saved is significant.

By the way, TrumpCat, you're still my president, no matter what all these motherfroggers say.

I'm likely not getting anything. Maybe World of Horror. Honestly just likely going to clean up my wish list like usual. Already deleted about 10 games from it.

I'm going through my wishlist and deleting stuff and trying to decide what to buy, also trying to make up my mind about some PSVR stuff for the PSN sale (thank zod the old store page still works... for now).   I like VR enough that I know I want an Index at some point so I am hesitant to buy more games for PSVR if they are also on PC, but I want to get a new video card first and likely will not get either one of those soon, especially since I won't be able to find a freaking 3080 in the first place so I should probably just buy whatever I want on PSVR and forget it. 

So far all I have bought on Steam is: Reignfall and Three Kingdoms: The Last Warlord.  I was actually going to buy a couple of GOG games but I forgot the sale ended this morning.

I'm almost done with a Nightmare playthrough of Fenyx Rising then I need to move the hell on, I have 100 hours in that game now.  lol

I liked it a lot.  It borrows heavily from Zelda: BoTW but I bounced off Zelda really hard and still have not went back to it and this game hooked me.  It is light on story, you have some goofy back and forth between two characters who narrate a lot of stuff, sometimes it is funny.  The game world looks really nice, combat is pretty simple but very satisfying.  If you rush through the story, normal difficulty might be okay, if you explore and collect all of the health and other upgrades that you can find you will likely find the combat starts getting too easy.  But you can adjust the difficulty without starting over if you are finding the challenge isn't right for you and there are a TON of puzzles to solve and items to find if you enjoy that sort of exploration. 

I started on normal, turned it up to hard when I started feeling overpowered against the bosses and after finding all items/solving all puzzles I started a NG+ on Nightmare which you have to beat the game once to unlock.  I like it enough that I am looking forward to the DLC and disappointed that it came out at such a bad time, right after two other Ubi open world games and right before Cyberpunk.  It hasn't sold that well so I doubt it will see a sequel at this rate.

My final haul:

Three Kingdoms: The Last Warlord
Who's Your Daddy
Unity of Command
80 Days
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition
3DMark
Red Dead Online

Quick question for all y'all!

Does anyone know the file size difference between Read Dead Redemption 2 and RDR2 Online versions on the Xbox One?

I already own the complete game, but for hard drive sake I thought maybe $5 for standalone is worth it, if the space saved is significant.

By the way, TrumpCat, you're still my president, no matter what all these motherfroggers say.
I don't know about Xbox, but PC RDO was a 125GB DL so I think you DL and install the entire game no matter what.

Oh oh oh... once again haul post time:

And there you have it... sooooo many games are being given away on Xbox and by Epic.. money saved!  #ultimateCAG #timetobuya$15coffee

Between the two of us and some fairly permissive "gift justification", we actually came away with a sale haul this time around.  My partner was feeling like it was a spending kind of Christmas, and picked out most of it, to push me to playing some things without worrying about the cost.  We've put some time in on most of these, so feeling pretty good about our festivities.

Their "gifts" (plus their choice of convection countertop oven, which actually is a toy they're excited to play with):

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War (everything)

Code Vein (no dlc)

World of Horror

Helldivers (everything)

My "gifts":

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Cavity Busters
Gone Viral

Scourgebringer

Rising Hell

Gravity Ace

Hades

Touhou Endless Dream

Skul: The Hero Slayer

Geometry Arena - we refunded this one and got Touhou Luna Nights instead

(hey, it's not even half that oven -- partner was teasing me while shopping because they were having trouble hitting their target with "your cheap games")

Also added:
Killsquad - would have bought two of these, but it performs weirdly, so we'll sit on it and see if it gets better later
Phantom Breakers

Rampage Knights

Three Kingdoms: The Last Warlord (x2) - thanks for the tip
Creeper World 3

Akane
Kopanito All-Stars Soccer

Anyone know why a game would skip every three seconds?  Killsquad runs smoothly other than a quick freeze-jump every three seconds, which doesn't seem to be affected by graphics quality settings, fullscreen, which screen it's running on,

or even switching to my partner's system (pretty much the same hardware, though).  Not something we see in other games, either.

Lots of Luna Nights around here. I didn't care for it too much, but it was a solid if unspectacular metroidvania. Just felt a little bit too much like busy work. Still worth playing bundled or something like that. Played most of it on Gamepass. 

Crap I bought with Gabenbux:

1bitHeart - $1.57
Car Transport Simulator - $0.69
Country Tales - $0.59
Cybxus Heart - $0.52
Defenders of Tetsoidea - $0.85
Delude - Succubus Prison - $0.57
Diaperquest 2055 - $0.42
Dumb Roguelike-like RPG - $0.42
Existential Kitty Cat RPG - $0.42
Fantasy Girl - $0.46
Fateholder Quest - $0.85
Fateholders of Tetsoidea - $0.42
Forest Plague - $0.21
Geeste - $0.55
Girl and Goblin - $0.94
Girl X Mushrooms(少女X蘑菇) - $1.89
Hentai Match Fantasy Stories - $0.23
HENTAI MATCH FANTASY STORIES - ARTWORK - $0.38
HENTAI MATCH FANTASY STORIES - ARTWORK - 2 - NSFW - $0.38
INDIANA JONES® AND THE EMPEROR'S TOMB™ - $1.66
Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine - $1.66
Iron Heart - $0.16
Kotel Ne Gori: A Friend of Lena Boots - $0.57
Meower's Quest: Jasper's Tale - $0.42
Monster Capture King - $0.85
Mushroom Challenge - $0.63
My Lady - $0.52
Numberline 3 - $0.42
Quirky Crystal RPG - $0.42
Red Comrades 2: For the Great Justice - $0.94
Red Comrades 3: Return of Alaska - $0.94
Red Comrades Save the Galaxy: Reloaded - $0.75
Red Crow Mysteries: Legion - $0.59
Rescue Lucy 2 - $0.42
Roadworks Simulator - $0.43
Safe Climbing - $0.85
Samozbor: Rebellion - $0.52
Samozbor ID:HEAVEN - $0.52
Saturday of Piercing Screams - $0.53
Shadow of the Black Dragon - $0.42
Sidewords - $0.52
Super Jigsaw Puzzle: Anime Reloaded - $0.92
Super Jigsaw Puzzle: Monuments - $0.51
Super Jigsaw Puzzle: Space - $0.51
Super Jigsaw Puzzle Cities - $0.51
Task Force 1942: Surface Naval Action in the South Pacific - $0.74
Tentacle Girl - $0.94
Tetsoidea Eternal - $0.42
The Adventure of Magical Girl - $0.56
The Legendary of Bean - $0.51
Three Kingdoms: The Last Warlord - $1.78
Valley Of The Moon - $0.66
Vengeful Bat Dungeon Crawler - $0.42

Emphasis on crap.

My GF bought me Fate/Extella Link and Ni No Kuni Remastered.

Among Us [I got convinced to play yesterday and it's fun for what it is.]

Phasmaphobia

Earth Defense Force 5

Fall Guys (gifted to me)

DMT (VR visualizer, don't find me, FBI!)

Don't post too much but been checking this thread a lot! Always good to come back to the Stream thread.

Steam Haul - Steam Winter Sale 2020/Early 2021:

Steam:

[Nothing yet.]

GOG:

Won in a Giveaway -> Horizon: Zero Dawn - Complete Edition = $0

Given away by GOG -> Metro: Last Light - Redux = $0

Epic Store:

All of the Epic Free Giveaways = $0

Disco Elysium = $14.86

Humble:

Humble Choice - Jan. 2021 = $12

Fanatical:

Sci-Fi Bundle = $2.46

Dollar Realms Bundle = $1.00

Special Note:

To all those that given me gifts, done giveaways, and/or anything else free: "Thank you!"

bread's done
Back