Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
That's probably due to all of the MMO shooter overload in the past decade since the first NV. The market is saturated with perpetual updates to MMORPG-esque games like Fortnite, PUBG, Apex Legends, Destiny, and The Division, with each bringing their own innovations to the formula. It's very hard for story-driven games to compete with that, especially in this genre, one that people primarily play to pwn some n00bs.

I can't think of any recent CRPG that's really lived up to the hype from the last several years. I doubt a New Vegas 2 will either.

Not saying none have been enjoyable. I like Wasteland 3 and CP2077. But not with the "OMG this will be the landmark gaming moment forever" fervor that people expected from them.
@Syntax

I loved Wasteland 3 - but yeah, I don't know if it really compares to even say Fallout 2. Namely Wasteland 3 is always going to have that "I played this type of game before" type of thing attached to it. Even if it looks more modern and has way better graphics than something from the old days - it's still going to lack that fresh-ness.

Same happened w/ TOW - yeah, I loved it, but it just didn't live up to New Vegas.

Could also happen for me with CP 2077 - where it might be great, but...again, Deus Ex type of games have been done before as FPS/RPG hybrids, so CP 2077 could lack some of that freshness that I felt w/ Deus Ex 1.

EDIT:

I just saw the new trailer for a Atomic Heart with RTX. Man, that games looks gorgeous - but it looks like Bioshock; Singularity; Prey 2017; and STALKER all had a baby.

Atomic Heart RTX Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IBCqjtdZpE

Last edited by a moderator:
The Medium.

PC System Requirements for The Medium (game) are up for Bloober's upcoming horror/walking sim/adventure:

medium-reqs.jpg
Ok but what specs are required to run at Medium?

Ok but what specs are required to run at Medium?
See the chart again.

To run The Medium (game) at "Medium Preset" - you need to meet "Recommend (No RT)" column or "RT Minimum" column.

And that's for 1080p.

Of course, that's from the dev's themselves - so, until it's out into the wild, then we'll know how true (or not true) those specifications and requirements actually really are.

I'd guess for me at 1080p w/ new PC (with a RTX 3070) - I'd probably be at "RT Recommended" column.

Thought Atomic Heart was a 3D sequel to Atom RPG at first glance ...

Speaking of Fallout, I’ve watched a couple trailers for the new Fallout New Vegas: The Frontier fan project that just came out ... looks cool and I’ll probably check it out, but all of the fan made content they’ve added just doesn’t look “Fallout-ish” to me. The designs of the new armor, enemies, etc remind me a lot more of a cross between Stalker and Metro. That’s not a bad thing, but Fallout has a really distinct style and wit to it. Maybe I just really want Bethesda to acknowledge the anniversaries of 3 and NV in a meaningful way ... plus remakes and iOS ports of 1 & 2 would be nice too ...

all of the fan made content they’ve added just doesn’t look “Fallout-ish” to me. The designs of the new armor, enemies, etc remind me a lot more of a cross between Stalker and Metro. That’s not a bad thing, but Fallout has a really distinct style and wit to it.
I can see that. I'm a big fan (which is sort of weird) of the Soviet Bleak aesthetic but that's not Fallout. Take away the retro-future-50s-punk style and it's not really Fallout any longer but just some other post-apocalypse RPG shooter.

To be honest, I’m only semi-optimistic ... The Outer Worlds was pretty bad in retrospect. It was just boring ... didn’t have the charm of Fallout and felt dated compared to modern games.

I think I’ve stopped believing in consistently good gamer developers ... BioWare, Obsidian, CD Projekt Red, Bungie ... just a few of the studios that have made amazing games and then also made really bad games.
When I was much younger, I thought that publishers mattered. I then came to believe that developers mattered. I've since realized that it's really a small handful of individuals within those developers that actually matter. If/when they leave, the logo on the box doesn't matter.

Hitman 3 reviews are popping up everywhere.

Metacritic - https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/hitman-3?ref=hp

And they're really good, for the most part.

9 each from Gamespot, IGN, Destructoid, and GameInformer (scored out of 10).

Polygon loves it not only for its usual Hitman gameplay, but now also its story.

Kotaku also pointing out in its review how good the story is for a Hitman game, saying the game made them care about that more than the actual Hitman type of stuff.
Should I play Hitman 1 & 2 first?

I liked the references to Myth earlier in the thread. Always kinda blew my mind that Bungie made this completely amazing reinvention of the RTS genre and then went on to make a game that ruined the FPS genre for ~15 years. Pretty sad that so much of the industry tried to copy Halo and nobody tried copying Myth. 

With all this Myth talk - is this game series even on GOG or Steam these days?

EDIT:

Sadly, don't look like it's on either platform.

Huniepop 2 officially releases on February 8th.

https://twitter.com/HunieKyu/status/1351979744594599941

Only posting about this because people were talking about the new Leisure Suit Larry a little while ago...

It popped up in my discovery queue... looks like it was highly inspired by LSL.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1525050/Jerry_Wanker_and_the_Quest_to_get_Laid/
Excuse me while I talk about myself for a little while.

So, I was primarily a console gamer until I finally got my shit together and built a PC in 2016, but the one exception to this was during Xmas of 1986 when my mom bought our first (and only until 10 years later) computer in the form of the Apple IIGS. I was six years old at the time and I remember actually being scared of it. That fear eventually evolved into love once I discovered that it could play Leisure Suit Larry. What a game. We had about a dozen floppies for that pile of junk but LSL was by far the one I played the most, despite the fact that I usually had to try at least three of four times to pass the child-lock "quiz" thing you had to pass in order to start the game (http://www.classicgaming.cc/pc/leisure-suit-larry/age-quiz). I've made a lot of great memories over the years while playing videogames, but none quite compare to the first time I had sex with a prostitute and forgot to wear a condom and died in LSL (again, when I was six). Anyway, that Wanker game looks fine but the art style should be a lot seedier and grimier to capture the original Larry feel.

On a side note, I can't remember the last time I paid full price for a game and I'm not sure if I've ever bought anything in early access, but I'm dangerously close to pulling the trigger on Everspace 2 right now.

during Xmas of 1986 when my mom bought our first (and only until 10 years later) computer in the form of the Apple IIGS. I was six years old at the time and I remember actually being scared of it.
I’m sorry, I know this is a generation gap thing, but I literally can’t imagine a six year old being scared of a computer.

I’m sorry, I know this is a generation gap thing, but I literally can’t imagine a six year old being scared of a computer.
I could picture a computer entering the household with stern warnings from the parents that it is very very expensive and not to be touched or else you'll break it and it's very very expensive.

I can't imagine being scared of a computer either, but kids are afraid of things sometimes that are pretty irrational. I know on mine I was always trying to tweak DOS things to get games running well, especially ones that were very unstable.

Excuse me while I talk about myself for a little while.

So, I was primarily a console gamer until I finally got my shit together and built a PC in 2016, but the one exception to this was during Xmas of 1986 when my mom bought our first (and only until 10 years later) computer in the form of the Apple IIGS. I was six years old at the time and I remember actually being scared of it. That fear eventually evolved into love once I discovered that it could play Leisure Suit Larry. What a game. We had about a dozen floppies for that pile of junk but LSL was by far the one I played the most, despite the fact that I usually had to try at least three of four times to pass the child-lock "quiz" thing you had to pass in order to start the game (http://www.classicgaming.cc/pc/leisure-suit-larry/age-quiz). I've made a lot of great memories over the years while playing videogames, but none quite compare to the first time I had sex with a prostitute and forgot to wear a condom and died in LSL (again, when I was six). Anyway, that Wanker game looks fine but the art style should be a lot seedier and grimier to capture the original Larry feel.

On a side note, I can't remember the last time I paid full price for a game and I'm not sure if I've ever bought anything in early access, but I'm dangerously close to pulling the trigger on Everspace 2 right now.
Everspace 1 is one of my favorite games on Xbox One and the sequel is suppose to be even better. Even though it is early access, it is already better than most fully released games. I don't know if they are going to charge $59.99 for the full release next year but they could.

Looking for Huniepop 2 preorder deals because I will be very lonely come valentines day (unless the new administration does what Trumpcat didn't and gets us state mandated gfs before then...)

Getting my second vaccine dose tomorrow. Place your bets on the outcome:

• Tebowism
  • MysterDism
  • TrumpCatism
  • safe and healthy immune response to protect me from the most serious aspects of COVID-19

Getting my second vaccine dose tomorrow. Place your bets on the outcome:

• Tebowism
  • MysterDism
  • TrumpCatism
  • safe and healthy immune response to protect me from the most serious aspects of COVID-19
Good luck. People I know who took the Pfizer vaccine ended up getting really sick after the 2nd dose. Be prepared.

bread's done
Back