Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie. I fired up some Destiny 2 last night and it is pretty dang glorious in 4K/HDR at 60+ fps. There aren't a lot of things that can still bring out a sense of childlike joy in the otherwise cold and desolate landscape that is my emotional state of being, but fancy ass graphics are one of those things and the new cards deliver. That said, don't sell a kidney to get one. Unless your kidneys are already shot, of course. In that case go ahead and sell them both.

So my local Microcenter got an RTX 3070 in... priced at $824.99. Aren't these cards suppose to be $499?

I know there's no supply but thats just seems crazy.
Yeah, it's completely fucked. I'm beyond irritated with the RTX situation. I've had to put graphics cards out of my mind entirely.

Not gonna lie. I fired up some Destiny 2 last night and it is pretty dang glorious in 4K/HDR at 60+ fps. There aren't a lot of things that can still bring out a sense of childlike joy in the otherwise cold and desolate landscape that is my emotional state of being, but fancy ass graphics are one of those things and the new cards deliver. That said, don't sell a kidney to get one. Unless your kidneys are already shot, of course. In that case go ahead and sell them both.
All I've been doing is playing Destiny 2 for the last five weeks. It's excellent in 4K60.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa, is that glitch?
Yeah, this is supposed to be the reason for the glitch (in original spanish and then google translate)

El fallo se debe a la rebaja aplicada ya que mientras en Steam y en varias paginas mas el juego tiene aplicado un 50% en la tienda tiene un 75%. El juego base cuesta 14,99€ en la propia tienda de Humble

The failure is due to the discount applied since while on Steam and on several other pages the game has applied a 50% in the store has 75%. The base game costs € 14.99 in Humble's own store

Yeah, this is supposed to be the reason for the glitch (in original spanish and then google translate)

El fallo se debe a la rebaja aplicada ya que mientras en Steam y en varias paginas mas el juego tiene aplicado un 50% en la tienda tiene un 75%. El juego base cuesta 14,99€ en la propia tienda de Humble

The failure is due to the discount applied since while on Steam and on several other pages the game has applied a 50% in the store has 75%. The base game costs € 14.99 in Humble's own store
Nice. Just bought it for like $18ish with tax and activated the key on Steam -- it has all the DLC. Wonder if they'll yank it from my account.

For reference, it wasn't $16.99 with the discount, for whatever reason it got a lesser Choice sub discount but I still paid like sub $19 after tax.

So my local Microcenter got an RTX 3070 in... priced at $824.99. Aren't these cards suppose to be $499?
Pricing on the cards is fucked although only Founders Edition was $499 and you have to expect the partner versions are all going to be $50-$100 over that. But yeah, then you're still just at $600 and the rest is a combination of Trump tariffs that went into effect, increased shipping costs and just good ole fashioned "If these are selling on eBay for $800, what are we leaving money on the table for?" price increases like we saw in 2018 with the crypto-GPU shortages.

Newegg had 3070s in their Shuffle drawing yesterday and those were also $700-$850 depending on the make and model. New normal, I guess.

Does this come w/ every Season Pass and/or Expansions?

Are there more Expanisons/DLC's coming for this game?
All DLC including Season Pass 2. It's the same thing as the Ultimate Edition on Steam. I now have every single DLC in my library.

Does this come w/ every Season Pass and/or Expansions?

Are there more Expanisons/DLC's coming for this game?
It comes with Season Pass 1 and 2 and every other extra currently available it looks like. I activated and the steam dlc list says I own everything. 2nd Half of season pass 2 is due in spring 2021 with the Director's Cut, a gameplay focused add-on that includes additional missions, end-game content, and behind-the-scenes extras!

@Mooby and @Xan

Awesome. Sounds like it screams "must buy" at this price and w/ two Season Passes.

Especially w/ content for Season 2 that isn't even out yet.

Thanks, guys!

EDIT:

Now, if only The Outer Worlds: Complete Long-Named Edition hit $17 (with all DLC's) again on GOG!

Finally have the card I want.  Delivered this morning.  Frustrated by the means to which I had to resort (cyberpower pc).  But happy to have it.

[customspoiler='Photo'][attachment=35331:20210211_122519 - Copy.jpg]
[/customspoiler]

Finally have the card I want. Delivered this morning. Frustrated by the means to which I had to resort (cyberpower pc). But happy to have it.

[customspoiler='Photo']
attachicon.gif
20210211_122519 - Copy.jpg
[/customspoiler]
Which card? 3070? 3080? 3090?

Which card? 3070? 3080? 3090?
It's the EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra. I did a light mod on an evga Powerlink to fit the card and forgot that it's covering the 3070.

Still somewhat stunned that I ordered a blind "whatever we have in stock" 3070 and got the model that was my top choice when i was refreshing at "launch."

For those interested, Star Control Origins was $8 on steam last weekend and ~$9 for the complete edition. I've been tempted on that and the cheap prices for Katamari Reroll but they both are screaming Humble so I wait.

Yay, it's been awhile since I've been able to participate in a price 'glitch' that mattered to me (and I was awake for). 

It's like traveling back to to the good sales of 2012. Now we just need Tony to stop by with an AVG deal. 

All I've been doing it playing Destiny 2 for the last five weeks. It's excellent in 4K60.
The gunplay really is top notch and I did not expect it to look as good as it does on the 3080. I just picked up the Beyond Light expansion and I was blown away as soon as I started the tutorial. by the way what sort of problems have you been having with your GPU?

I finally got all my parts in and got my computer all put together.  I hadn't built a complete pc from the ground up for probably at least 10 years or so but the build went fine.  Only hitch I had was trying to flash the bios to an updated version that was compatible with my cpu so I had to deal with it not posting for a bit.  I have decided I am lazy and kinda suck at cable management, but my case is now smaller and quieter than before.  Also added in some rbg to give it that extra dose of efficiency.

I already had borderlands 3, that price for the ultimate version was about half of what I paid for the deluxe version during the winter sale so that bites, but I was able to get mafia definitive edition for $10 which is a win.

The gunplay really is top notch and I did not expect it to look as good as it does on the 3080. I just picked up the Beyond Light expansion and I was blown away as soon as I started the tutorial. by the way what sort of problems have you been having with your GPU?
mostly that it's non-existent.

Poked around and it seems like Humble is no stranger to pulling keys and refunding for glitches.  They do give a $5 coupon, though!

The sale is probably to help fund the Borderlands movie, because they're not going to see any returns there.
Returns on investment? No. Angry people demanding refunds? Most definitely.

I'm imagining a Mad Max-style movie full of enough poop and your mom jokes to make rcsample cringe.

Nice. Just bought it for like $18ish with tax and activated the key on Steam -- it has all the DLC. Wonder if they'll yank it from my account.

For reference, it wasn't $16.99 with the discount, for whatever reason it got a lesser Choice sub discount but I still paid like sub $19 after tax.
You're no CAG! You could've paid $0.00 and watched someone play it on YouTube!

giphy.gif

Kingdom Hearts series is coming to Epic Store as an Epic Exclusive on March 30th:

https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=219154

Here's what's coming to the Epic Store:

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS FINAL MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
  • KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

• KINGDOM HEARTS Dream Drop Distance HD
  • KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep –A fragmentary passage–
  • KINGDOM HEARTS χ Back Cover (movie)
KINGDOM HEARTS III + Re Mind (DLC)

KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory

KH Series - Epic Store Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtSPwSvzVN8&ab_channel=KINGDOMHEARTS

Kingdom Hearts series is coming to Epic Store as an Epic Exclusive on March 30th:

https://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&boardid=1&threadid=219154

It should also be noted that if you want all of those you're gonna have to fork over $230. LOL

The $30 or so that you can get the whole series for on console is.... possibly worth it.  

Also I wish anyone trying to get a new video card right now the best of luck, sites that have 3070/3080 cards for anything close to retail sell out in like a second.  I tried for a while and decided it was not worth the stress.  Should have tried to get one months ago but wanted to wait until after the holidays, big mistake.

Is it possible to experience magic on the Epic game store? :shock:

It should also be noted that if you want all of those you're gonna have to fork over $230. LOL
Yeah, it's a shame that everyone always has to pay the full listed retail prices for games, and they never decrease from list retail or go on sale or get discounted or bundled or given away. Every game ever sold has always been sold at full retail price.

On a related note, it's too bad that when four old games come out on a new platform, each having tens to hundreds of hours of gameplay that would take weeks to get through one at a time, it's absolutely compulsory to just buy all four of them all at once the minute they come out, and not wait for any decrease in price or sales which, as I mentioned earlier are absolutely not a thing that exists.

Wow, so you're saying that Tom Brady's chances of winning the Super Bowl in any given year out of the past two decades was slightly greater than the current discount of 28% for HuniePop 2: Double Date on Humble Bundle?

What a loco bitch that guy is.
Did this not used to include a Steam key? Could have sworn when I looked at this page a few days ago it included a Steam key. Either I'm going crazy or I guess they ran out.

The $30 or so that you can get the whole series for on console is.... possibly worth it.

Also I wish anyone trying to get a new video card right now the best of luck, sites that have 3070/3080 cards for anything close to retail sell out in like a second. I tried for a while and decided it was not worth the stress. Should have tried to get one months ago but wanted to wait until after the holidays, big mistake.
I haven't done the breakdown math, but are the places selling pre-built systems also 'adjusting' the prices for the high demand video cards or are they close to retail?

Anyone playing Valheim? Worth the hype?
I like the game, but it is rather light on gameplay still. It definitely does its genre right, with character progression being the carrot but I'm still wondering if it feels too familiar by now. Maybe I've just been spoiled by Terraria in being able to transform worlds into pieces of art on the side to keep things feeling fresh between grinding sessions, or the years of balancing that make the meta shine.

I would say the game is definitely going places, but it may just take a few years to get there.

It's the SAME price as Steam... so why?
Not for subscribers. 28% off vs 10% off on Steam. Might have ran out of keys, might have done what another dev did (I forget which game it was) and pull Steam keys from Humble because they thought the choice price being cheaper hurt their sales on Steam by making it harder to be on the bestselling list or something. Who knows. I never have played the first one, I need to at least try it one of these days. The story aspect looks dumb as hell but I have played and enjoyed some truly awful match-3 games so it has to be better than some of those.

bread's done
Back