Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Wasn't Elite Dangerous free once on the Epic Store?

EDIT:

Yup, it was free on Nov. 19th, 2020:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/elite-dangerous/free-games-epic
Given the log in issues the developer Frontier has had with the game in general and with Epic especially I wouldn't get the game on Epic unless you picked it up for free.

Its worth trying out on Steam for $5 or on the summer sale. The new expansion is mostly buggy trash though.

I don't need a special chair to make love to Nothing-'s mom, we just do it on the floor of his bedroom in the basement....
malkovich-malkovich.gif

Persona 4: Golden - Steam/PC.

So, I recently (i.e. last night) purchased this (Persona 4: Golden) for the PC. I have some thoughts on this legendary JRPG that is loved by fans & critics alike, after some say 4.2 hours in total here spent with it, so....let's begin.

A lot of games, they often take care one a certain thing, first and foremost: being a game. Often, games are more so built on game mechanics than actual focusing on storytelling, narrative, and character development. Well, enter Person 4: Golden here, as it definitely makes sure that storytelling, narrative, and character development is extremely important in this game. This game certainly takes its time with all of this stuff - and this is also for the best here, as it's great so far at all of this stuff. If this isn't enough, this game certainly takes its time to often develop all of this & litter the game with lots of details in this regard, too.

Then there's the voice-acting. A lot of the main story stuff is voice-acted here. While there is some stuff that isn't voice-acted here, it's often unimportant stuff period and/or NPC's who aren't main characters that isn't voice-acted, so this isn't a big deal and isn't even a matter at all. Also, what's here that is voice-acted is also great, for the most part.

Oh, and if this all isn't enough - there's plenty of world-building and Lore here, which will also keep the player immersed in the game & its actual world. Since the game is done on a daily schedule and in that matter, you will often be going around to the same places & areas often - you'll get to know the areas & learn the area, which will immerse the player into the place & give the player the feeling that they are also in a place that they can & will call home.

At 1080p on my old laptop (i7 4720HQ; 16 GB RAM; 4GB of GTX 960m; W10 x64), this game runs really well. At 60fps without any hitches & issues here, which is what's expected here as this game isn't really new or anything of that sort, this game runs just fine & flawless. Cranked-up to the max here and rendered at 200%, the game looks fine in the game-world. The character models have their own doll-like look & style, which is fine & nice. P4 (original) came out in 2008 and this Golden version hit the Vita in 2012, so I'm not expecting the moon here in technical graphics quality here - but what's here does look fine & probably is very much cleaned-up since its original release.

That isn't all, either. In conversation when in the game-world, the game has the character's head and its dialogue float-over part of the scene, all in its beautiful hand-drawn-looking style in all of its anime-style glory. If that also isn't enough, this game often has excellent full-blown anime-style sequences and cut-scenes, which also look great and make you feel like you're watching an episode of an anime TV show.

Combat is here is a turn-based affair, similar to that of older Final Fantasy games and even FF13. While I haven't run into a ton of dungeons and combat so far over the 4 hours of so of game-time here, what's here feels very old-school FF. You have a party, but so far...mainly you control your main character and the AI controls any other party members. You have attacks, items you can use, skills, and even Personas (i.e. Summons) that you can use for battles.

Combat here is often stylish in not just its look of combat & flashiness of it, but even in its UI and whatnot too; everything there is stylized and looks great - making even turn-based combat, which might not be everyone's cup of tea, even look like it could become your new cup of tea. Since there's constant bantering from your party members and Teddie (once Teddie watched over you), the game is constantly keeping things going, so that there is not a dead moment even during turn-based combat. Like most RPG's, you do have a weapon shop in town - so you can buy equipment, sell equipment, and the usual RPG stuff over there - so that you can be prepared for combat; and you'll also level-up from battles and from going into dungeons too.

So, here's the game's story so far: some people have been disappearing and some people have been murdered, as your new Guardian father is a detective trying to crack this case. You, as a High-Schooler in the year 2011, are trying to balance both school and solve these disappearances & murders, as you also get roped into this. This premise sounds like it's something right out of a modern "coming of age" high-school movie & noir-style murder-mystery, all thrown into a (somewhat) modern year & world of sorts. If this isn't enough - there's some cards of Fate being thrown around in a Tarot card style, a nightmare world/Shadow World, mirror-images of things, and whatnot - often feeling right out of some David Lynch movie or TV show and/or some horror movies. Of course, then you can throw a JRPG style game with turn-based combat on top of all of this...and you basically have Persona 4: Golden.

But, of course - that's certainly not everything, as I'm only 4 hours in or so; and this game often takes cliches, tropes, and whatnot - and then does something with them, whether expanding on them or doing something else with them. I don't know if this game opens up more & gets more free-form at times, at all, and/or whatever else. I don't know if these first few hours here are mostly tutorial and will stop a lot of the hand-holding and be more free-form. I don't know if there'll be more combat and/or grind, later on in the game...or not. I don't know who the killer is yet and why these people are disappearing - but I pretty much will guarantee you at some point, I want to find out & I'm going to find out all of this, at some point.

So far, this JRPG is great. Need to go play more.

It's one of my favorite games, period. The persona formula has been repeated several times now, but the blend of quality in soundtrack and writing (humor, in particular) make p4g my overall favorite. I wonder how long your next post will be, 100 hours later? :whistle2:k

Last edited by a moderator:
Final Fantasy V and VI - Steam versions.

Current Final Fantasy V & VI Steam-versions are being removed in July, since the Pixel Remasters are coming:

Link - https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-5-6-v-vi-pulled-from-steam-pixel-remaster

Info:

• The current Steam-versions of FF5 and FF6 - which were based off the mobile versions; criticized heavily; & are now listed as "Old Versions" - are getting pulled from Steam on July 27th, 2021.
  • The upcoming pixel-remaster versions of FF5 and FF6 will be likely separate entries & purchases entirely.
  • The pixel remasters of FF5 and FF6 are coming to Steam soon, in later July.

How does P4G on PC compare to the Vita version? If you have access to the Vita, would you still recommend picking it up on PC?
Do you intend on playing it either way?

I've only played the vita version and I thought it was good but taking away 2 of the characters s links that add in removal of their weaknesses was a negative change over the vanilla ps4 version for me.

Persona 4: Golden - Steam/PC.

So, I recently (i.e. last night) purchased this (Persona 4: Golden) for the PC. I have some thoughts on this legendary JRPG that is loved by fans & critics alike, after some say 4.2 hours in total here spent with it, so....let's begin.

A lot of games, they often take care one a certain thing, first and foremost: being a game. Often, games are more so built on game mechanics than actual focusing on storytelling, narrative, and character development. Well, enter Person 4: Golden here, as it definitely makes sure that storytelling, narrative, and character development is extremely important in this game. This game certainly takes its time with all of this stuff - and this is also for the best here, as it's great so far at all of this stuff. If this isn't enough, this game certainly takes its time to often develop all of this & litter the game with lots of details in this regard, too.

Then there's the voice-acting. A lot of the main story stuff is voice-acted here. While there is some stuff that isn't voice-acted here, it's often unimportant stuff period and/or NPC's who aren't main characters that isn't voice-acted, so this isn't a big deal and isn't even a matter at all. Also, what's here that is voice-acted is also great, for the most part.

Oh, and if this all isn't enough - there's plenty of world-building and Lore here, which will also keep the player immersed in the game & its actual world. Since the game is done on a daily schedule and in that matter, you will often be going around to the same places & areas often - you'll get to know the areas & learn the area, which will immerse the player into the place & give the player the feeling that they are also in a place that they can & will call home.

At 1080p on my old laptop (i7 4720HQ; 16 GB RAM; 4GB of GTX 960m; W10 x64), this game runs really well. At 60fps without any hitches & issues here, which is what's expected here as this game isn't really new or anything of that sort, this game runs just fine & flawless. Cranked-up to the max here and rendered at 200%, the game looks fine in the game-world. The character models have their own doll-like look & style, which is fine & nice. P4 (original) came out in 2008 and this Golden version hit the Vita in 2012, so I'm not expecting the moon here in technical graphics quality here - but what's here does look fine & probably is very much cleaned-up since its original release.

Combat is here is a turn-based affair, similar to that of older Final Fantasy games and even FF13. While I haven't run into a ton of dungeons and combat so far over the 4 hours of so of game-time here, what's here feels very old-school FF. You have a party, but so far...mainly you control your main character and the AI controls any other party members. You have attacks, items you can use, skills, and even Personas (i.e. Summons) that you can use for battles.

But, of course - that's certainly not everything, as I'm only 4 hours in or so; and this game often takes cliches, tropes, and whatnot - and then does something with them, whether expanding on them or doing something else with them. I don't know if this game opens up more & gets more free-form at times, at all, and/or whatever else. I don't know if these first few hours here are mostly tutorial and will stop a lot of the hand-holding and be more free-form. I don't know if there'll be more combat and/or grind, later on in the game...or not. I don't know who the killer is yet and why these people are disappearing - but I pretty much will guarantee you at some point, I want to find out & I'm going to find out all of this, at some point.

You can manually control your party members by switching their settings to manual. Will make the game far more enjoyable than leaving it up to the ai which is while functional (unlike persona 3's) but still won't make the best choices like you would and or waste resources. If you ever play persona 3 the psp version has that same feature while vanilla and fes are ai only and their ai especially in vanilla is dumb.

I'm curious since you are playing it. Is the see what choices other players made from the vita version still in? As if they had made that doable that would have been impressive.

It's one of my favorite games, period. The persona formula has been repeated several times now, but the blend of quality in soundtrack and writing (humor, in particular) make p4g my overall favorite. I wonder how long your next post will be, 100 hours later? :whistle2:k
Depends on how they play. If they don't do max s links then that would cut the playthrough time significantly alone. They likely will miss maries stuff without following a guide since it's permanently missable and guide dang it.

You can manually control your party members by switching their settings to manual. Will make the game far more enjoyable than leaving it up to the ai which is while functional (unlike persona 3's) but still won't make the best choices like you would and or waste resources. If you ever play persona 3 the psp version has that same feature while vanilla and fes are ai only and their ai especially in vanilla is dumb.

I'm curious since you are playing it. Is the see what choices other players made from the vita version still in? As if they had made that doable that would have been impressive.
Vox Populi is here on Steam, yes; you can see what other players have decided.

I just entered a dungeon to find Yukikp - but supposedly, there's a SOS button to call other players.

EDIT - Yeah, I can hit X key on Xbox Gamepad and it brings up SOS Menu to deal w/ other players, if I decide to.

Hopefully FFV/6 pixelized are decent. I've seen some new screenshots and they look OK though the UI elements don't look as amazing. Still better than the poop tier FFV/6 that were on Steam. Likely only buying 4-6 and maybe 1-2 (I didn't like what I played of 2 back in FF Origins way back in the day). FF3 I would likely be better just playing the 3D remake. FF6 is still my top FF game although I haven't played all the FFXII games (barely played just the 1st) and FFXIV (just not into MMO RPGs too much anymore).

Final Fantasy V and VI - Steam versions.

Current Final Fantasy V & VI Steam-versions are being removed in July, since the Pixel Remasters are coming:
Link - https://www.ign.com/articles/final-fantasy-5-6-v-vi-pulled-from-steam-pixel-remaster

Info:

• The current Steam-versions of FF5 and FF6 - which were based off the mobile versions; criticized heavily; & are now listed as "Old Versions" - are getting pulled from Steam on July 27th, 2021.
  • The upcoming pixel-remaster versions of FF5 and FF6 will be likely separate entries & purchases entirely.
  • The pixel remasters of FF5 and FF6 are coming to Steam soon, in later July.
Been looking forward to having all of the early games in 2D and not those awful ports of 5 and 6. Just hope they do it right this time. There's a bundle up for pre-order now, I see.

You can manually control your party members by switching their settings to manual. Will make the game far more enjoyable than leaving it up to the ai which is while functional (unlike persona 3's)
P4’s AI was way more braindead than FES’s, though, and had fewer party commands than even the original P3’s. In P3 you could tell everyone to go for knockdowns or to conserve SP depending on their damage types and it would practically win the fight for you—assuming anyone other than MC ever got a turn, since you always go first when you get a successful back attack and can cover every damage type singlehanded. P4 basically forces you to go manual for boss fights.

Here's my thoughts on the whole FF5 and FF6 thing.

I do NOT like when games get removed...especially when there's no issues w/ licenses, IP's, and/or things of the sort. I don't like that Square's pulling these mobile re-works of FF5 and FF6 that they are now calling "Old Versions."

It's as if Square's trying to get rid of these "Old versions" b/c they weren't rated super-high on Steam; and/or b/c they are trying to get people to spent all their $ on the Pixel Remasters only. Probably both reasons, TBH.

There's also mods available for FF6 like say AtmaWeapon that look to customize and fix most people's complaints of FF6. See this Steam guide here - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=591798883

And there's a few things out there to fix the FF5 too, if you want to make it look better. See Steam Guides - https://steamcommunity.com/app/382890/guides/

Also, it seems silly to me - Square wants less money. You'd think they keep up all of these remasters, just to get fans to buy as many versions of whatever game as possible, they'd keep 'em all up.

Heck, even bundle 'em - sell a FF5 Old & Pixel Remaster set; and sell a FF6 Old & Pixel Remaster set.

Since they plan to remove FF5 and FF6 "Old versions" (as they want to call these mobile versions) - well, then I do feel those who buy the FF5 and FF6 "Pixel Remasters" respectively should have entitlements to  the "Old Versions" for whatever game - i.e. buy FF5 Pixel Remaster, you also get the FF5 Old Version for Steam; but FF6 Pixel Remaster and you get the FF6 Old Version also.

Just my 2 cents here.

EDIT:

Also, some of it doesn't look the same in the new so-called Pixel Remaster either. Some might just want these old games, as 1-to-1 Classic re-releases w/ nothing changed at all - and might be better off running these old games on their old NES, SNES, PSX, and/or emulate them. Really seems like here, they just might not make everyone happy.

Been looking forward to having all of the early games in 2D and not those awful ports of 5 and 6. Just hope they do it right this time. There's a bundle up for pre-order now, I see.
Come to think of it, I think this is the first time a 2D version of FF3 has been officially available in English. The only other officially localized version is the 3D-remade PSP version that got ported to everything.

Here's my thoughts on the whole FF5 and FF6 thing.

I do NOT like when games get removed...especially when there's no issues w/ licenses, IP's, and/or things of the sort. I don't like that Square's pulling these mobile re-works of FF5 and FF6 that they are now calling "Old Versions."

It's as if Square's trying to get rid of these "Old versions" b/c they weren't rated super-high on Steam; and/or b/c they are trying to get people to spent all their $ on the Pixel Remasters only. Probably both reasons, TBH.

There's also mods available for FF6 like say AtmaWeapon that look to customize and fix most people's complaints of FF6. See this Steam guide here - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=591798883

And there's a few things out there to fix the FF5 too, if you want to make it look better. See Steam Guides - https://steamcommunity.com/app/382890/guides/

Also, it seems silly to me - Square wants less money. You'd think they keep up all of these remasters, just to get fans to buy as many versions of whatever game as possible, they'd keep 'em all up.

Heck, even bundle 'em - sell a FF5 Old & Pixel Remaster set; and sell a FF6 Old & Pixel Remaster set.

Since they plan to remove FF5 and FF6 "Old versions" (as they want to call these mobile versions) - well, then I do feel those who buy the FF5 and FF6 "Pixel Remasters" respectively should have entitlements to the "Old Versions" for whatever game - i.e. buy FF5 Pixel Remaster, you also get the FF5 Old Version for Steam; but FF6 Pixel Remaster and you get the FF6 Old Version also.

Just my 2 cents here.

EDIT:

Also, some of it doesn't look the same in the new so-called Pixel Remaster either. Some might just want these old games, as 1-to-1 Classic re-releases w/ nothing changed at all - and might be better off running these old games on their old NES, SNES, PSX, and/or emulate them. Really seems like here, they just might not make everyone happy.
Those mobile ports of Final Fantasy aren't even legitimate versions of the games. They can go DIAF for all I care.

It's one of the most egregious fouls a publisher has ever made in regards to a beloved series. It also epitomizes the nose dive in quality for the SquareEnix / Squaresoft brand name during the rise of e-commerce and digital distribution era.

Really seems like here, they just might not make everyone happy.
We’re talking about modern Squenix, they excel at not making everyone happy. To this day, in spite of the myriad of ports, remasters, and remakes, there still isn’t a single version of FF1 through 6 I would call definitive. Every version comes with sufficient unique caveats that there is no single clear superior.

We’re talking about modern Squenix, they excel at not making everyone happy. To this day, in spite of the myriad of ports, remasters, and remakes, there still isn’t a single version of FF1 through 6 I would call definitive. Every version comes with sufficient unique caveats that there is no single clear superior.
This. FFVI is my favorite in the series and remains one of my favorite nostalgia hits. But last I checked, running the snes version is - astoundingly - still the best way to play it.

Come to think of it, I think this is the first time a 2D version of FF3 has been officially available in English. The only other officially localized version is the 3D-remade PSP version that got ported to everything.
I played some of the fan translated Famicom version back in the day, and was glad to have it in some form on DS, but always wanted an official 2d version. Never expected it to happen.

This. FFVI is my favorite in the series and remains one of my favorite nostalgia hits. But last I checked, running the snes version is - astoundingly - still the best way to play it.
Ehhhhhh. I would rank it under the PSX and GBA versions, as the PSX version has less censorship and the GBA version has a better translation. All the SNES version has going for it over the PSX version is lower loading times, which can be mitigated in emulation. I haven’t looked too deep into romhacks, though, so a romhacked SNES version without the censorship and the GBA translation might be best, but in terms of the original English language releases, I’d put the SNES version under everything other than the shitty mobile/PC version.

I would say for FF1, the best two versions are PSX and PSP/mobile. The PSX version is better for purists, as it includes the original difficulty level and the Vancian casting system instead of MP, and personally I think it’s aesthetically superior, featuring a better color balance and superior spritework—though the PSP sprites are the only PSP FF sprites I don’t dislike. The PSP version has more content (including the extra content from the GBA version) and has higher res sprites, but is based on the easy difficulty option that was also included in the PSX version and may be lower res overall due to the PSP’s 272p resolution.

FF4 is super hard to call. The SNES English language version was kinda butchered, the PSX version has oldschool CD load times, the GBA version is buggy, the PSP version missed out on the GBA and DS improvements (and imo has terrible spritework), the DS version is very different and even harder than the original SNES/PSX versions. I would personally gravitate towards the PSX version for purists, except that it’s not that attractive since they didn’t update any artwork for it and as an early SNES title, the original wasn’t much of a looker; and I’d probably recommend the DS version for everyone else except it’s supposed to be pretty hard and the graphics didn’t age well. I guess the PSP version is a decent compromise, but if it misses out on the low points of the other versions, it also misses out on their high points as well. I know there’s a bugfix romhack of the GBA port that manages to fix most of it, so that’d actually be my first recommendation, as other than the bugs its only significant problems are a downgrade in sound (and I think there’s a romhack for that, too) and the low resolution (though the redrawn background artwork is probably the best of all the versions).

About FF4 - how are the 3D Steam-versions of this and The After Years with mods and without?
I don’t know what mods are available, but the version of FFIV on Steam right now is, I believe, a straight port of the DS version, so all the same things apply to it. The After Years is a sequel of sorts that was originally released as downloadable Wiiware. I haven’t heard much good about it, but haven’t played it myself.

About FF4 - how are the 3D Steam-versions of this and The After Years with mods and without?
I played Steam FF4 before controller update. Probably better now, there was one funky way to make spell selections but I got used to it.

Other update information (2020) for Final Fantasy IV on Steam: https://sea.ign.com/final-fantasy-iv/165806/news/here-are-the-biggest-updates-for-final-fantasy-iv-on-steam

Can't believe this is a topic as a huge FFIV fan. My exposure was the PSX and the load times are intend atrocious. DS version is essentially the most complete version of the game...until Steam release that is slightly improved. Check out that article for more details, but it was smooth and no real issues as a player of both versions. Minor gameplay tweaks for things that really only worked on the DS, but it's particularly side content.

Get the Moguri mod for Final Fantasy IX if you haven't already btw.

I played Steam FF4 before controller update. Probably better now, there was one funky way to make spell selections but I got used to it.

Other update information (2020) for Final Fantasy IV on Steam: https://sea.ign.com/final-fantasy-iv/165806/news/here-are-the-biggest-updates-for-final-fantasy-iv-on-steam

Can't believe this is a topic as a huge FFIV fan. My exposure was the PSX and the load times are intend atrocious. DS version is essentially the most complete version of the game...until Steam release that is slightly improved. Check out that article for more details, but it was smooth and no real issues as a player of both versions. Minor gameplay tweaks for things that really only worked on the DS, but it's particularly side content.

Get the Moguri mod for Final Fantasy IX if you haven't already btw.
I made use of the PS2's faster loading option for the PS1 version to help with that a bit, don't exactly remember how bad it was at this point, though. It was nice having cut/censored content restored for the first time, although I had no idea anything was missing when I first played it on the SNES. I remember the FMV sequences being kinda disappointing compared to what was included in Anthology, but not too big of a deal.

Last edited:
Psp version of ff4 has a number of negatives to me. Grindy, nerfed arrows on the girls whereas in the original release I can rely on those to kill enemies, inflict status ailments like charm and petrify, edge they removed a lot of the weapons you can throw.

The difficulty increase is mostly ignorable until the final boss. Couldn't be bothered to grind hours worth of random encounters to level in the final dungeon to meet the recommended level to beat it. As I was about the same level as the original snes version.

The ability to finally change your party is a interesting addition but doesn't come till the end of the game and you'd have to backtrack to do it. the only character that people might swap out is edge. really just a tossup to replace him with one of the twins.

I like the voices somewhat in the FFIV remake too, but that just may be me. I prefer the original, but that remake is aight.

Basically the same concept as when Bethesda announced Fallout 4's season pass would be increasing from $30 to $50.

I will say that current NISA has been doing some things right (such as hiring durante's team for ports).  This is not one of them.  The games aren't even all from the same developer.  Just marketing stupidity.  Hope they learn from the PR blunder they just opted into before it touches something I care about (kiseki games).

The replies to nisa's twitter post are a good time though.  "We totally understand how global conditions, increased tariffs, and disrupted supply chains would justify these msrp increases TO A DIGITAL PRODUCT"

Guess Nisa is just raising prices just because lol

https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/1410738738922205184

https://nisamerica.com/blog/upcoming-changes-pc-games-pricing
I can't understand the logic in this. 90% of this list are games that are lesser known or pretty niche/not popular. The only exception being Ys VIII or Disgaea (although I figure most people would opt for Disgaea 5 or 6 by now). So why raise the prices on games people weren't buying to begin with? I can see people MAYBE buying The Caligula Effect due to the sequel coming out in the next few months but that's about it.

I'm missing Birthdays the Beginnings and the Cladun games so I'll keep an eye on prices for those before the prices switch over I guess, but it's a weird decision.

I guess I should've bought Disgaea 1 and 2 for like $3 each or whatever, when they were that cheap before on Humble Store.

I guess I should've bought Disgaea 1 and 2 for like $3 each or whatever, when they were that cheap before on Humble Store.
iirc the best versions of those are the psp ones. PC versions of disgaea 1 despite the fancy tagline are just ports of the original release from what I understand. Which doesn't include animation skip and other qol stuff or the added content of the various ports it has had.

Some of these changes matches their console prices.

Ys VIII is $60 on Switch and Playstation.

Cladun Returns is $20 on Playstation

Psycho Brave is $30 on so being $20 is still cheaper on PC (Also, why is this $5 on steam?)

Psp version of ff4 has a number of negatives to me. Grindy, nerfed arrows on the girls whereas in the original release I can rely on those to kill enemies, inflict status ailments like charm and petrify, edge they removed a lot of the weapons you can throw.

The difficulty increase is mostly ignorable until the final boss. Couldn't be bothered to grind hours worth of random encounters to level in the final dungeon to meet the recommended level to beat it. As I was about the same level as the original snes version.

The ability to finally change your party is a interesting addition but doesn't come till the end of the game and you'd have to backtrack to do it. the only character that people might swap out is edge. really just a tossup to replace him with one of the twins.
hi! FFIV-obsessed autistic person here. Was wondering, was your previous experience with FFIV the original SNES "easy" version? Just curious, because after the original SNES release as "Final Fantasy 2," I believe all subsequent releases were the actual Japanese games translated, where as our FFII on SNES was the Japanese "easy" version (I guess designed for Americans... but it is similarly rather sparing compared to subsequent versions)

Just wondering

Like someone else said, neat to see FFIV come up. I'm 39 and grew up playing "Final Fantasy II" obsessively. Oddly enough, since then, I have really only played the Game Boy version, although I had meant to play the PSP version (and the DS/PC version which I never liked)... So I'm looking forward to playing through all these pixel remasters.

Also pretty psyched for the Dragon Quest III 2.5D thing whoa. Suppose it would be weird and impossible for them to do all the old DQ and FFs like that. I find it far more palatable than the low-poly attempts or the high-def sprite remaster version thingies.

Thanks for listening to me jabber.

bread's done
Back