Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Facebook ad
Thank you for your sacrifice.

Bought The Forgotten City on Epic Store for $9.99 after the “sign up for our email” $10 off coupon. You can all thank me when it inevitably appears in the next Humble Bundle monthly.

Great game btw, worth full price imo (played it on Xbox and got 2 out of 4 of the endings).
Thank you, as well. Also, please preorder Elden Ring at MSRP so there can be some price glitch the rest of us capitalize on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gloomhaven is coming out of early access tomorrow.  Going from $25 to $35.  Reviewing very well, if you're into that sort of D&D style boardgame RPG. 

I will definitely be picking it up off Humble.

Thank you, as well. Also, please preorder Elden Ring at MSRP so there can be some price glitch the rest of us capitalize on.
Too late on that too, locked it in at Target for $43.18 on PS5 … but if it makes you feel better, I’m 99% certain I’ll be wasting money on any overpriced CEs for the game, thereby negating any of my savings 😎

Ghostrunner (GOG)

XD**BE6FDC09E2493E (** = Seattle Sonic legend Horace Grant's jersey number)

Star Wars Squadrons (Origin)

7BEW-QC5K-T5DB-***T-4BKE (*** = Mortal Kombat fighter with bionic arms)

Great news (on God of War 2018 to PC).

So, when are the original God of War Trilogy of games coming to PC?

I wonder if it will have psn trophies?
Since Square allowed Epic Online Services on TR 2013, Rise, and Shadow on those Steam-versions - nothing would surprise me at this point.

You joke and all, but I really wouldn't put it past any of these AAA companies; not in these days and all.

Especially when you have games on Steam with Xbox for PC, Rockstar Launcher, EA Origin, and other additional 3rd party client-apps also allowed on there - so that these companies do a straight port and not have to re-work stuff for Steamworks' suite of stuff.

So Starfield has a new trailer … one of the developer talks a lot and they show like 3 renderings from development. I’m a huge fan of Bethesda games … but …

I get this weird feeling like … the Outer Worlds already did this, but with more tongue in cheek fun (even though that game was so so) … and Mass Effect just looks so much cooler than Starfield’s designs so far. It’s like they chose to make a space game with a semi-real world lens … and it just looks kind of meh so far.

No doubt in my mind I’ll buy it … but not sure I’m actually excited for it at this point. I’d much rather see the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls game because their “worlds” strike me as infinitely more interesting. Granted, we’ve seen next to nothing of Starfield, so I’m not saying this is my final take on it.

I bought something from GamersGate in 2021.

GamersGate. :whee:

It was the Strange Brigade Season Pass. $3.93, 11% discount code ISTHEREANYDEAL takes it to ~3.50. Or down to 4.00 CAD, which is ~3.25 USD. (I didn't go poking around for the best regional price, I just happened to load the page while I was still on a virtual vacation in bearlandia.)

It was the Strange Brigade Season Pass. $3.93, 11% discount code ISTHEREANYDEAL takes it to ~3.50. Or down to 4.00 CAD, which is ~3.25 USD. (I didn't go poking around for the best regional price, I just happened to load the page while I was still on a virtual vacation in bearlandia.)
Great game … may need to snag the season pass.

You fool...

Code: FROMUS2U gives 12% off and that 1 extra percent makes ALL the difference!!!

ALL THE DIFFERENCE
5df7e90acf01b4a1a3ef171863a03246.gif

EDIT:

Also, these might make good alternate storage resources for the Steam deck, assuming (though it's hardly a stretch) that the USB-C port can be used for hard drives as well as charging.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-extreme-portable-1tb-external-usb-c-nvme-portable-solid-state-drive/6427550.p?ref=8575135&loc=ded44ee831eb11ecb426a66a415f3ee70INT&acampID=ded44ee831eb11ecb426a66a415f3ee70INT&skuId=6427550

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-passport-1tb-external-usb-type-c-portable-solid-state-drive-blue/6428007.p?skuId=6428007

So Starfield has a new trailer … one of the developer talks a lot and they show like 3 renderings from development. I’m a huge fan of Bethesda games … but …

I get this weird feeling like … the Outer Worlds already did this, but with more tongue in cheek fun (even though that game was so so) … and Mass Effect just looks so much cooler than Starfield’s designs so far. It’s like they chose to make a space game with a semi-real world lens … and it just looks kind of meh so far.

No doubt in my mind I’ll buy it … but not sure I’m actually excited for it at this point. I’d much rather see the next Fallout or Elder Scrolls game because their “worlds” strike me as infinitely more interesting. Granted, we’ve seen next to nothing of Starfield, so I’m not saying this is my final take on it.
I don't see how they can make a quality space game with that crappy engine they keep recycling.

Why aren't they physical though? They should come in physical with no DRM.

Why hasn't the Bubble Bobble trilogy come to PC yet?
EGS is a digital store. No physical stuff w/ that store period.

About Bubble Bobble - no clue, go ask Taito and/or Romstar.

And yes, I know you're trying to be funny and take shots at MysterD....but, MysterD will always (be) MysterD. [shrug]

I booted MMX up late last night. Signed online onto UPLAY/UbiSoftConnect and Chapter 1 was working...for now. [shrug]

I think I've been more into Call of Cthulhu (2018) and especially Yakuza Kiwami of late. I'll stick w/ those.

In news to make everyone's favorite toaster twitch Forza Horizon 5 is 103 GB at release.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/forza-horizon-5-preload-available-now-file-size-revealed-and-its-huge/1100-6497288/
toadkingstudios-angry-toaster-noises.gif

Sheesh, I wonder if it'll hit 200GB after some DLC's and expansions, falling into RDR2 and recent COD turf.

EDIT:

Also in the "game-size to eat up some SSD/HDD space" news...

...Guardians of the Galaxy game has been cut down from originally 150GB required to now a smaller 80GB.

Doesn’t look bad … also doesn’t look like $60 of value. Maybe on Switch where it has the novelty of portability, but on PC or console it seems like the same thing could have been achieved adding mod support.

but on PC or console it seems like the same thing could have been achieved adding mod support.
Yea modders did already, i.e.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keMprAdNifM

but r*/t2 issued takedowns to all the mods last month in prep for this, even though the modders already did it better

Doesn’t look bad … also doesn’t look like $60 of value. Maybe on Switch where it has the novelty of portability, but on PC or console it seems like the same thing could have been achieved adding mod support.
Exactly. Wouldn't pay more than $30 retail which means not until it's $10 on sale! Also, some of the GTA3 and VC character models look more cartoonish.

Kind of updating older thoughts on 2 games I had more positive thoughts about but have turned out more negative. First of all Rogue Lords, which is a rogue lite game about taking 3 monsters and finishing the map to get artifacts and eventually take out Van Helsing. I was pretty positive and I think even gave it an 8/10. I was like I'm up for the challenge and was able to do decently at first using everything and also Devil pacts which are risk reward but very necessary. I've gotten to a chapter where no matter my team I struggle hard with some enemies. The healing ones are the worst, as are the ones who put very harsh debuffs. You pretty much need to run vampire abilities (healing turns into damage) and silence if you have it (rare). The damage becomes insane and your team pretty much needs a tank and suffers without one. The difficulty and losing about 10 or so times on the current chapter are getting to me. I only reached the end boss one time and it was so hard. The extreme difficulty with the squishy feeling of even massively upgraded monsters in stats has me downgrading this one to a 6.5/10. I do feel the unfairness even with a very synergistic team, and you're likely to lose. It badly needs a balancing patch making some monsters better and the enemies a little bit more fair damage/healing wise.

Speaking of unfair I've been playing a lot of Critadel lately. I think I gave it a fair 7/10 before. It looks and sounds great,  but the difficulty and wonky dodging should bring it down way more. So many bosses feel like bullet hell avoiding simulators. With your wonky and somewhat too far moving dodge you take damage way too fast. Everything becomes a bullet sponge and you need synergies in weapons which are never explained. This means the more you have a certain type like rifles or normal damage you get bonuses which can be checked in the menu. You should aim for these and I never knew about them before. I lost even having a strong gun with likely 5 extra damage per hit. It becomes way too hard and it wants to be Mega Man so badly. I think it also needs a balancing patch. I reached the end boss and I think that may be my moral victory. I've lost way too many times and I feel it has a lot of potential, but just has flaws. Note to developers that bullet hell in platformers isn't fun unless the controls are so good for dodging and all. Another 6.5/10.

Picked up Inscryption last week with my Humble Choice discount. I had played the demo and it was getting a lot of hype so I couldn't resist. 

The deck-building gameplay is pretty fun and some of the other gameplay elements are a nice distraction. I got lucky last night and beat the 4th boss on my first try. 

The main second part of the game plays like a game that I loved and was always sad that people didn't really copy, the 90s Microprose Magic the Gathering game. It's basically an rpg where your'e going around slowly building up your card collection. I'm not a fan of the art of the second part after loving the art in the first part, but it was a nice surprise to see this type of gamplay.

Getting some Mass Effect vibes from Guardians of the Galaxy. Have it coming from GameFly later this week, but psyched to pick it up during Black Friday on PC or console, depending on sales.

Back 4 Blood.

I'm back on Xbox for PC Game Pass for a month, since it's on sale for a $1 to sub right now, even if you've subscribed before. I played this for about an hour or so. Have some thoughts, so I'm gonna share.

It's more Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, basically, in a nutshell. Yes, there's some new twists w/ the cards (to boost certain stats, skills, buffs for certain stuff, whatever); finding money in the game-world; buying equipment at safe areas b/t missions; and whatnot. You can run with other players or bots; up to you. The game's a lot of fun and the combat's really good, if you're into what L4D 1 & 2 brought to the table. The missions feel like they might bring more variety than L4D1 and 2's formula, as it's more than the usual just get to the end of the level thing the old L4D 1 & 2 has going on. For example, there's even a level w/ an on-going boss that keeps coming out, here and there, after you advance a bit through the level. Combat's smooth, visceral, a joy to play, and all of that stuff. The game runs really well, maxed-out on my system (loaded with a 10700KF; 8gb RTX 3070; 16 GB RAM; W10 x64) at 1080p60fps no problem. 

My biggest problems with this game is honestly...the progression and always-online factor. Since you can solo this w/ bots, even if they ain't the brightest of bulbs here for AI/bots, I feel that there's no reason that this is always online. Yes, given what I just said, I believe that we should be able to play this all alone and offline. Also, the lack of progression also makes this worse, as I should note that when you select a hero - yeah, you can see that 4 heroes are locked, once you start the game - so, you can get a total of 8 players to choose from, to partake in your squad of 4. Heck, I'd be happier if they gave you separate saves for online progression and offline progression, like even Diablo 2 did back in the day - but they did not go that route.

So, yeah; there's some thoughts on it, so far. I'm sure I'll check it out some more while I'm on Game Pass for a month or so - but it is fun and it is good, so far. It's just...it's a royal shame that there's a lot of nonsense like the always-online factor and no progression when soloing over here.

Back 4 Blood.

I'm back on Xbox for PC Game Pass for a month, since it's on sale for a $1 to sub right now, even if you've subscribed before. I played this for about an hour or so. Have some thoughts, so I'm gonna share.

It's more Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, basically, in a nutshell. Yes, there's some new twists w/ the cards (to boost certain stats, skills, buffs for certain stuff, whatever); finding money in the game-world; buying equipment at safe areas b/t missions; and whatnot. You can run with other players or bots; up to you. The game's a lot of fun and the combat's really good, if you're into what L4D 1 & 2 brought to the table. The missions feel like they might bring more variety than L4D1 and 2's formula, as it's more than the usual just get to the end of the level thing the old L4D 1 & 2 has going on. For example, there's even a level w/ an on-going boss that keeps coming out, here and there, after you advance a bit through the level. Combat's smooth, visceral, a joy to play, and all of that stuff. The game runs really well, maxed-out on my system (loaded with a 10700KF; 8gb RTX 3070; 16 GB RAM; W10 x64) at 1080p60fps no problem.

My biggest problems with this game is honestly...the progression and always-online factor. Since you can solo this w/ bots, even if they ain't the brightest of bulbs here for AI/bots, I feel that there's no reason that this is always online. Yes, given what I just said, I believe that we should be able to play this all alone and offline. Also, the lack of progression also makes this worse, as I should note that when you select a hero - yeah, you can see that 4 heroes are locked, once you start the game - so, you can get a total of 8 players to choose from, to partake in your squad of 4. Heck, I'd be happier if they gave you separate saves for online progression and offline progression, like even Diablo 2 did back in the day - but they did not go that route.

So, yeah; there's some thoughts on it, so far. I'm sure I'll check it out some more while I'm on Game Pass for a month or so - but it is fun and it is good, so far. It's just...it's a royal shame that there's a lot of nonsense like the always-online factor and no progression when soloing over here.
what kind of pr0n stash are you hiding that you are worried about being always-online? answer truthfully

also do you want to trade pics?

what kind of pr0n stash are you hiding that you are worried about being always-online? answer truthfully

also do you want to trade pics?
its mysterd, he's always preparing his backlog for the inevitable apocalypse when he will be riding his generator bike to play diablo 1 from gog

its mysterd, he's always preparing his backlog for the inevitable apocalypse when he will be riding his generator bike to play diablo 1 from gog
Of course with all these companies running servers around the clock for all these online games, MysterD may actually have the right idea.

For a change.

My copy of Diablo 1 from GOG works fine offline unlike Back 4 Blood.

Might & Magic X - yes, a fully single-player game - finally works again, since UbiSoft fixed the damn thing and its issues w/ the servers (that they pulled).

My copy of Darkspore - yeah, that don't work. EA will be EA and pull servers, never pulling the always-online parts of the game and not re-working it to work offline.

EDIT:

Of course with all these companies running servers around the clock for all these online games, MysterD may actually have the right idea.

For a change.
And it's not like some of these companies buy enough servers to handle all the players in their queues and players all on the servers, as D2R has shown us and D3 PC on launch showed us.

bread's done
Back