Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
EovDamd.gif

My circuit boards were out for a day, due to the storm here (Nor'Easter 2021). Power went out around 5:30am yesterday (10/27), but now I'm back in biz as it went up on 4:27am or so today (10/28). 

God, it's so good to be back w/ Internet and power.

Maybe I can play Back 4 Blood on PC Game Pass again today. At least yesterday for a bit, I could play NWN: EE on my laptop for a short time....since it doesn't need Internet to run, unlike Back 4 Blood. ;)

I'm glad you survived. I assume it didn't get too cold. Honestly, after that shit in Dallas last year I'm a bit tempted to get one of those natural gas generators you see advertised late night on TV.
Naw, it wasn't that bad, cold-wise and all. It wasn't good, but...it was still tolerable. Last time we had a major outage like this was probably about 10 years ago or so?

And that was way worse, as it was out for numerous days, in that 10 year ago outage.

EDIT:

We also got lucky w/ it only being one day here in this 2021 storm, as all of the food in the fridge survived. Thank God.

EDIT 2:

Before crap hit the fan yesterday, I did also check out The Ascent on the day before that...so, some impressions of that should be coming soon, when I write & type 'em up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Deathloop gotten any of its patches (or denuvo removed) yet? Now that it's on sale I'm tempted to pick it up, but if it still runs that garbage I'll keep waiting

Always wonder where to post about Gamepass for PC since it's not steam but not XBOX per se. Just wanted to recommend people try out Age of Empires 4 as it is available now on Gamepass for PC. I am more of an old school RTS guy (haven't messed with the total war stuff too much) and it seems like a nice modern take on the old system.

I hope there will be an easy way to transfer my saved games from microsoft to steam once I eventually buy it on steam.

My Gamepass backlog is huge haha. Anyone wanting to play a lot of games especially newer ones should jump on it. I had it discounted for a few months and it's been pretty good.

The new Playstation PC label sounds promising. Seems all but assured that all new PS5 games will end up on PC eventually, and with any luck they'll port some older stuff too. I would love to see the Resistance series on PC but who knows if Sony will think it's worth the effort to get PS3 games running on PC.

Meanwhile I still can't play more than 15 minutes of Far Cry 6 without feeling like I'd rather be dead. At the same time, I've been spending at least an hour every day playing Cozy Grove, a game about finding shit for ghost bears so they can tell you how pathetic their lives were before they died. Bottom line: I'd rather be a pathetic ghost bear than play Fer Cry 6.

Always wonder where to post about Gamepass for PC since it's not steam but not XBOX per se. Just wanted to recommend people try out Age of Empires 4 as it is available now on Gamepass for PC. I am more of an old school RTS guy (haven't messed with the total war stuff too much) and it seems like a nice modern take on the old system.

I hope there will be an easy way to transfer my saved games from microsoft to steam once I eventually buy it on steam.
I'd say to post it here.

Steam+ Thread (emphsis on the + part or "plus" part) was smartly & purposely built by Neuro5i5 to list a ton of banter and stuff about games on Steam plus other places - since a lot of other threads never got constantly bumped (Gamersgate thread; Amazon DVG once Josh derailed it; etc etc), but only the Steam thread got bumped & a lot of posts; often about games on other PC stores.

Fanatical, Humble, GOG, IndieGala Threads each also have a respective life of their own still - so, those still stick around; and a lot of their deals and chatter about deals for that wind-up in those respective threads.

I'm planning to talk more about other games on Game Pass in here - such as The Ascent (played a bit); Forgotten City (installed, but ain't got to it); and Greedfall (installed, but ain't got to it).

EDIT:

The new Playstation PC label sounds promising. Seems all but assured that all new PS games will end up on PC eventually, and with any luck they'll port some older stuff too. I would love to see the Resistance series on PC but who knows if Sony will think it's worth the effort to get PS3 games running on PC.
That'd be cool.

I'd also like to see The Order: 1886 and Killzone series come here.

Just wanted to recommend people try out Age of Empires 4 as it is available now on Gamepass for PC.
Didn't realize this had released, thanks. Wololo.

In reality, since I expect that it's never going to leave game pass, it's in que behind all the other games that I think will leave the service.

Follow the dev, add new game to wishlist, do a google forms survey, and get a free key for dev's earlier game (Last Resort Island, Zombie Solitaire 2 Chapter 1, Fantasy Quest Solitaire or The Forgotten Land).

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/820910/view/3079892748590987383

Not sure if they check ( or even can check based on the info they have) to make sure you do the stuff they ask.

EDIT:

Games are either Solitaire or Match 3.

Is there a way to do this? I haven't researched, but I do have a game or two I started on the MS service and then purchased on Steam. I've wondered if it was possible, but I'd just started over.

I'd check the Steam Forums for Age of Empires 4 on that.

This isn't always the case that saves will basically work b/t different versions...b/t say Steam-version and Microsoft's Xbox for PC version.

Sometimes versions can be different b/t Steam and Windows Store causing saves to flat-out not work (i.e. Night Call & Wolfenstein: Young Blood - tried all kinds of stuff, did not work); and/or any sort of encryption or weirdness for saves/file save naming/save-file locations can be tough to get around but still can be done if you look around hard enough & try hard enough (i.e. Metro Exodus original version - see here).

EDIT:

Nothing would surprise me w/ Microsoft, w/ them trying to make sure versions are different just to get you into being on their Xbox for PC App and staying there on Game Pass to keep your saves going; and/or try to get you to buying their version b/c you bought it on Game Pass and you're looking to drop Game Pass b/c you still need your saves working.

Even NIER Automata on Xbox for PC (Become as God Edition - new version) and Steam (original PC version) are two totally different versions entirely.

Overcooked! All You Can Eat is $3.99 on Steam if you own Overcooked 1 or 2 on Steam. Pretty good deal to get all the content.

Amazon Prime's doing 3 big games again next month; wonder how long they'll keep this up. It is nice they're giving away the Ultimate edition of Control since the free version from Epic and the version in Humble Choice were the standard. PS+ also gave away the ultimate version, so I already had all 3 of these. 

November Prime Gaming free games announced:
-Control Ultimate Edition
-Dragon Age Inquisition
-Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Brakes Are For Losers
-Demon Hunter 2: New Chapter
-Liberated
-Puzzle Agent 2
-Rogue Heroes
-Secret Files: Sam Peters

BTW does anyone have any recommendations if there are any good ones for a good escape room game with puzzles or such? I think I know of Da Vinci's whatever (I got one bundled) and The Room games. Just trying to get some Halloween themed games now. Probably will finally play Costume Quest after many years after it got bundled.

Would the Myst series count as "Escape Room" games?

Most of the Myst Collection in the Complete-A-Bundle on Steam (this bundle does not include Myst 2021 Remake) is showing at 80% at $12.34, as I already own RealMyst: Masterpiece on Steam.

I think I got RealMyst: Masterpiece from an old WinGameStore/MacGameStore Bundle, way back (in 2017).

Looks like the Myst Collection: Complete-A-Bundle is around $15.93 on Steam, if you own say no Myst stuff on Steam.

Don't think that fits the horror theme though. [shrug]

Overcooked! All You Can Eat is $3.99 on Steam if you own Overcooked 1 or 2 on Steam. Pretty good deal to get all the content.

Amazon Prime's doing 3 big games again next month; wonder how long they'll keep this up. It is nice they're giving away the Ultimate edition of Control since the free version from Epic and the version in Humble Choice were the standard. PS+ also gave away the ultimate version, so I already had all 3 of these.

-Dragon Age Inquisition
-Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Brakes Are For Losers
-Liberated
-Puzzle Agent 2
-Rogue Heroes
Amazon’s page on Prime gaming is a bit confusing. Do you get this stuff with a normal Prime account, or is it a different tier of subscription or something?

-Dragon Age Inquisition
-Rise of the Tomb Raider
-Brakes Are For Losers
-Liberated
-Puzzle Agent 2
-Rogue Heroes
There's also a free code for Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition. It only includes the base game and none of the DLC, though you would still be eligible to receive three episodes of Icebrood Saga (most recent DLC) by logging in through the end of the year.

I'll happily take any codes for GW2 Heroic Edition that people won't use.

Skyrim: Anniversary Edition.

Overview of the new content/quests; new features; new modes; & new stuff coming to Skyrim: Anniversary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kQjFqkeOTQ

Details of what's new -> https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/anniversary-edition-oblivion-morrowind:
- Skyrim: Anniversary comes loaded with all content from The Creation Club
- The Ghosts of the Tribunal add-on adds over a dozen new bits of gear inspired by Morrowind. 
- The Cause is a new quest line featuring the Mythic Dawn, which you may remember as the evil cult....
- ...Bent on opening the gates to Mehrunes Dagon’s realm in Oblivion; here they’re doing much the same.
- This quest line has “brand-new enemies, locations, and weapons”...
- ...And will let you summon a daedric horse to ride around in hellish style.
- If you don’t want to upgrade to Anniversary, both The Cause & The Ghosts of the Tribunal will be available separately. 
- An update in November will prevent all the Creation Club add-ons from initializing on startup...
- ...which means you’re no longer going to be inundated with quest pop-ups as soon as you start a new game.
- That's so you should be able to get into all this additional stuff a bit more organically.
- A free update to Skyrim Special will add the previously-released Saints & Seducers, Rare Curios, and Survival Mode add-ons...
- ...In addition to the new Fishing content. 
- All that (from the last 2 bullet-points) will naturally be included in Anniversary, too.

Is there a way to do this? I haven't researched, but I do have a game or two I started on the MS service and then purchased on Steam. I've wondered if it was possible, but I'd just started over.

This isn't always the case that saves will basically work b/t different versions...b/t say Steam-version and Microsoft's Xbox for PC version.

Sometimes versions can be different b/t Steam and Windows Store causing saves to flat-out not work (i.e. Night Call & Wolfenstein: Young Blood - tried all kinds of stuff, did not work); and/or any sort of encryption or weirdness for saves/file save naming/save-file locations can be tough to get around but still can be done if you look around hard enough & try hard enough (i.e. Metro Exodus original version - see here).

EDIT:

Nothing would surprise me w/ Microsoft, w/ them trying to make sure versions are different just to get you into being on their Xbox for PC App and staying there on Game Pass to keep your saves going; and/or try to get you to buying their version b/c you bought it on Game Pass and you're looking to drop Game Pass b/c you still need your saves working.

Even NIER Automata on Xbox for PC (Become as God Edition - new version) and Steam (original PC version) are two totally different versions entirely.
Good info. I googled it and found this article: https://www.pcgamesn.com/xbox-game-pass-pc-steam

Not sure if that works for everything but at least there is hope lol

Didn't realize this had released, thanks. Wololo.

In reality, since I expect that it's never going to leave game pass, it's in que behind all the other games that I think will leave the service.
This is my biggest conundrum as well. I just recently got back into the Microsoft gaming universe after buying the Series X last year with All-Access for 2 years to GamePass Ultimate. So far I am finding it hard to keep up with everything releasing day 1. I am taking the long-view approach that the non-Microsoft games will always be there to play down the line when my Gamepass subscription expires and I can buy them for cheaper on my PS5 or on Steam. I know the Microsoft first party stuff will not leave Gamepass so I am safe to start those games knowing that I can finish them before the deadline when my Gamepass expires.

Skyrim: Anniversary Edition.

Overview of the new content/quests; new features; new modes; & new stuff coming to Skyrim: Anniversary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kQjFqkeOTQ

Details of what's new -> https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/anniversary-edition-oblivion-morrowind:
- Skyrim: Anniversary comes loaded with all content from The Creation Club
- The Ghosts of the Tribunal add-on adds over a dozen new bits of gear inspired by Morrowind.
- The Cause is a new quest line featuring the Mythic Dawn, which you may remember as the evil cult....
- ...Bent on opening the gates to Mehrunes Dagon’s realm in Oblivion; here they’re doing much the same.
- This quest line has “brand-new enemies, locations, and weapons”...
- ...And will let you summon a daedric horse to ride around in hellish style.
- If you don’t want to upgrade to Anniversary, both The Cause & The Ghosts of the Tribunal will be available separately.
- An update in November will prevent all the Creation Club add-ons from initializing on startup...
- ...which means you’re no longer going to be inundated with quest pop-ups as soon as you start a new game.
- That's so you should be able to get into all this additional stuff a bit more organically.
- A free update to Skyrim Special will add the previously-released Saints & Seducers, Rare Curios, and Survival Mode add-ons...
- ...In addition to the new Fishing content.
- All that (from the last 2 bullet-points) will naturally be included in Anniversary, too.
Skyrim 3!

The Forgotten City (Xbox for PC Game Pass).

I just finished The Forgotten City (2021 Full Stand-Alone Game) a little bit ago today on Xbox for PC Game Pass, so I do have some thoughts on this. Took me around 10 and a half hours to finish this, in my first total playthrough(s). 

Well...surprise, surprise; it's great. Nothing short of it.

This is basically an adventure game with some light elements of both action and RPG elements. It has action elements - if you get a certain item, which you can upgrade, by the way - and also use it as a weapon. Also, there are RPG elements, as this game has some decision-making stuff; and you do have an Inventory and Quest-Log. Its narrative, storytelling, writing, dialogue, and voice-acting is actually great. Character development is also excellent, as not only will the game-world immerse you, but the characters that you meet & befriend numerous times will also get you immersed into this world. Not only is this game steeped with lots of character, but also Lore & Mythology.

Though, not all of the character models and their animations are spectacular here, as some lip-syncing seems off, some facial animations seem off, and some movement animations do seem stiff and/or off. The rest of the game-world with its vistas, scenes, and look - yeah, all that stuff looks really good. Though, let's also keep this in mind: this game here is coming from a small team of 4 here...and what they did for such a small team, especially when so many AAA studios are big armies making games here - yes, this is still all quite astonishing. 

Maxed-out at Epic settings here at 1080p on my rig (i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; RTX 3070; W10 x64) - this game was consistently running and booming at 150-200fps. Since it wasn't even necessary to run it at that kind of framerates, since it ain't an action-packed game, I went and locked it down to 60fps....and that was a butter-smooth and solid experience, as it very rarely even dipped below 60fps. Basically, this game runs like a dream...and feels like one too, I might add.

Without giving away too much: you are in the modern world and some how come upon an Ancient Temple of sorts...and suddenly find yourself in a magical land, which looks and feels like a cross b/t Ancient Rome, Ancient Greece, and other Ancient civilizations from when those are highly romanticized. The fate of these all who are inhabiting these lands are in your hands, as you're investigating all of the madness going on in this world...and trying to maybe get yourself out of there. If this isn't enough, there's a rule that if you sin and break their Golden Rule, there could be huge ramifications from doing so. Again, I don't want to spoil too much here, as this game's best probably going into with as little knowledge about it as possible.

There are around 20+ NPC's that you can talk to & interact with; you can make moral choices & decisions; and shape how things go in this game-world, which is feeling like what you're expect out of a morality-based RPG. You can also shape the Fate of these NPC's, in many ways. You also can go around the game-world, find items, use them in some way (and some of these have multiple uses!); and solve some puzzles like old-school adventure games such as Myst, The Longest Journey, & Maniac Mansion; and even modern adventure games like say some of Telltale's games & even Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, and other Quantic Dream games.

And if you have a certain weapon or get another certain weapon later, you can even use it...though you might need to proceed with caution, as it could break The Golden Rule. While we're at it, the combat for those weapons is absolutely fine, but there isn't tons of it...so don't expect this type of game to be combat-heavy; it ain't that type of game.

When it comes down to it - surprise, surprise. It's great. Nothing short of it. This game is nothing short of great. After a great 10 and a 1/2 hours here in this first playthrough(s), I am still stunned here.

If you appreciate games with a lot of re-playability (maybe even in the same playthrough); multiple endings; great storytelling, writing, dialogue, and characters; puzzles and quests with different solutions; atmosphere, immersion, and character; interesting characters; and whatnot - there just couldn't be a better adventure game to pick up here. While all is not perfect here, namely b/c of the graphics quality of animations aren't spectacular - that's insanely minor here. This is the close-to-perfect adventure here for player to just play detective here - in this Ancient Civilization that reminds me of Ancient Rome & Greece - all while trying to escape into this fantastic game-world and trying to escape out of that actual game-world, even if it'll likely keep begging the player to come back to again...and again...and again....and again...and maybe even more than that.

Great adventure game. Don't miss it for the game-world. And don't miss it for the world either.

The Forgotten City (Xbox for PC Game Pass).

I just finished The Forgotten City (2021 Full Stand-Alone Game) a little bit ago today on Xbox for PC Game Pass, so I do have some thoughts on this. Took me around 10 and a half hours to finish this, in my first total playthrough(s).

Well...surprise, surprise; it's great. Nothing short of it.

This is basically an adventure game with some light elements of both action and RPG elements. It has action elements - if you get a certain item, which you can upgrade, by the way - and also use it as a weapon. Also, there are RPG elements, as this game has some decision-making stuff; and you do have an Inventory and Quest-Log. Its narrative, storytelling, writing, dialogue, and voice-acting is actually great. Character development is also excellent, as not only will the game-world immerse you, but the characters that you meet & befriend numerous times will also get you immersed into this world. Not only is this game steeped with lots of character, but also Lore & Mythology.

Though, not all of the character models and their animations are spectacular here, as some lip-syncing seems off, some facial animations seem off, and some movement animations do seem stiff and/or off. The rest of the game-world with its vistas, scenes, and look - yeah, all that stuff looks really good. Though, let's also keep this in mind: this game here is coming from a small team of 4 here...and what they did for such a small team, especially when so many AAA studios are big armies making games here - yes, this is still all quite astonishing.

Maxed-out at Epic settings here at 1080p on my rig (i7 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; RTX 3070; W10 x64) - this game was consistently running and booming at 150-200fps. Since it wasn't even necessary to run it at that kind of framerates, since it ain't an action-packed game, I went and locked it down to 60fps....and that was a butter-smooth and solid experience, as it very rarely even dipped below 60fps. Basically, this game runs like a dream...and feels like one too, I might add.

Without giving away too much: you are in the modern world and some how come upon an Ancient Temple of sorts...and suddenly find yourself in a magical land, which looks and feels like a cross b/t Ancient Rome, Ancient Greece, and other Ancient civilizations from when those are highly romanticized. The fate of these all who are inhabiting these lands are in your hands, as you're investigating all of the madness going on in this world...and trying to maybe get yourself out of there. If this isn't enough, there's a rule that if you sin and break their Golden Rule, there could be huge ramifications from doing so. Again, I don't want to spoil too much here, as this game's best probably going into with as little knowledge about it as possible.

There are around 20+ NPC's that you can talk to & interact with; you can make moral choices & decisions; and shape how things go in this game-world, which is feeling like what you're expect out of a morality-based RPG. You can also shape the Fate of these NPC's, in many ways. You also can go around the game-world, find items, use them in some way (and some of these have multiple uses!); and solve some puzzles like old-school adventure games such as Myst, The Longest Journey, & Maniac Mansion; and even modern adventure games like say some of Telltale's games & even Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, and other Quantic Dream games.

And if you have a certain weapon or get another certain weapon later, you can even use it...though you might need to proceed with caution, as it could break The Golden Rule. While we're at it, the combat for those weapons is absolutely fine, but there isn't tons of it...so don't expect this type of game to be combat-heavy; it ain't that type of game.

When it comes down to it - surprise, surprise. It's great. Nothing short of it. This game is nothing short of great. After a great 10 and a 1/2 hours here in this first playthrough(s), I am still stunned here.

If you appreciate games with a lot of re-playability (maybe even in the same playthrough); multiple endings; great storytelling, writing, dialogue, and characters; puzzles and quests with different solutions; atmosphere, immersion, and character; interesting characters; and whatnot - there just couldn't be a better adventure game to pick up here. While all is not perfect here, namely b/c of the graphics quality of animations aren't spectacular - that's insanely minor here. This is the close-to-perfect adventure here for player to just play detective here - in this Ancient Civilization that reminds me of Ancient Rome & Greece - all while trying to escape into this fantastic game-world and trying to escape out of that actual game-world, even if it'll likely keep begging the player to come back to again...and again...and again....and again...and maybe even more than that.

Great adventure game. Don't miss it for the game-world. And don't miss it for the world either.
Only good when played with a gun 😜 jk

EDIT:

The issue there was that the Xbox version of Nier: Automata came out out long after the exclusivity period on the PS4, and had a lot of improvements to the original. The PC version on Steam was derived from the PS4 version. Microsoft asked them to produce a version for PC on par with the version for Xbox One X. Presumably Microsoft offered some incentive for this but since the code base exists it should eventually be applied to the Steam game.

I also played The Forgotten City. Not good enough for me to put down 850 words on it, but damn good nonetheless, even if

the entire museum scene at the end of Ending 4 was super cheesy and I actually kinda hated it.

I also played The Forgotten City. Not good enough for me to put down 850 words on it, but damn good nonetheless, even if

the entire museum scene at the end of Ending 4 was super cheesy and I actually kinda hated it.
I received Ending #2.

Did you stop after getting Ending 2? Because you can go back and get the other three on the same save file without having to start over. There's some significant stuff left to discover.
Yep, I did (stop). Good to know that it won't take an entire playthrough to get the rest of 'em.

bread's done
Back