Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I grabbed a few games during the Steam Halloween sale because I wanted them. I figured they'd likely be on par with whatever they're going for during the fall sale.

-The Room Three and Four: these are crazy good puzzle games. I hesitate to call them puzzle games because they're more like Myst, except good.

-FAR Lone Sails: post-apocalyptic, atmospheric side-scroller. It popped up on my activity feed and looks really good. Score one for Steam's social features.

-Super Dungeon Tactics: cheap tactics game with good feedback. I like these. Probably.

Most of my purchases on the Steam Halloween Sale were DLC. 

I grabbed the DLC Complete the bundle for X-COM 2, as I hadn't picked up War of the Chosen yet. 

I also ended up picking up We Happy Few and it's DLC, as only the base game is on Game Pass, and "Lightbearer" sounds like it's the most fun the game has to offer.  I'll pay a few extra dollars before starting to sink my time into the game if I know I'm going to get the best experience. 

Finally, I grabbed God Eater 3 as I did enjoy the previous two when I'd picked them up on a sale a few years back. 

GMG has a wheel of mystery thing for silver and gold members.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/halloween/wheel-of-mystery/

I got 18% off coupon, which I'm not gonna use, so...

701JBT-ME4LXS-9LSIX6
Heh, that wheel design is illegal in most countries. You're not allowed to misrepresent the odds of winning in any kind of sweepstakes or giveaway, and that wheel implies that each result on the wheel is equally likely (which it's clearly not: pretty clearly skewed toward the 18% off code).

Heh, that wheel design is illegal in most countries. You're not allowed to misrepresent the odds of winning in any kind of sweepstakes or giveaway, and that wheel implies that each result on the wheel is equally likely (which it's clearly not: pretty clearly skewed toward the 18% off code).
I got Worms

"Halloween Mystery Game"

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ascent - 1st Impressions.

Originally Written Date = 10-30-2021:

I'm a little over 5 hours into this game (The Ascent), as I'm back on Xbox for PC Game Pass for about a month or so. I do have some thoughts about this drop-dead gorgeous-looking cyberpunk-set twin-stick shooter/ARPG hybrid here, so let me dive a bit into this one.

In this game, you play a slave that is owned by a company called The Ascent Group - yes, just like pretty much almost everybody else in this metropolis, pretty much. The Ascent Group shuts down, so you're trying to find out why they shut down & what to do about it, as it also seems like there are gangs, crews, groups, etc. seems to be vying for power to possibly take over the city, since The Ascent Group disappeared.

This game is loaded w/ terms (yes, you should read the Codex), characters, personalities, really good voice-acting, immersion, and whatnot. So, you'll definitely want to follow the Codex, story, plot, characters, and characters here...even though it might be hard to sympathize or really feel for any of those crews you do jobs here, as they all seem...not morally sound; at least so far, anyways.

This game is just one drop-dead gorgeous cyberpunk-themed game, oozing with graphics quality and personality. This setting and its NPC's - especially ones you interact with and get into close-up with to talk to - all look fantastic. The game-world and the way it uses often fixed-camera, just to show-off its epic scale and size, often in its 3rd-person isometric camera viewpoint, is phenomenal. Running at 1080p with framerates ranging in the 40fps to 120fps+ range, maxed-out with RT (Ray-Tracing) turned on, this game just looks stellar.

This game...is just not easy. Keep in mind, I was soloing this, so I'm not sure how this is when doing co-op. Even on Normal, while playing solo - you are going to need to smartly use your weapons, skills, and abilities; equip the right weapons & armor (as some might be better for certain situations and fights); smartly level-up; etc etc - especially to fight mini-bosses and bosses. You are going to even need to strategize even in combat, as there even is a key to shoot higher & over walls, since you can also use those as cover and get behind them. Expect to die and respawn somewhere nearby a lot, as enemies and shootouts aren't easy. Even on Easy all by myself, I was having a tough time w/ some sections (especially when there's lots of enemies on-screen) and pretty much any Boss that I ran into. Again, I'm not sure if this game is easier say in co-op mode, since I often do prefer going solo and since I haven't tried co-op mode yet.

Also, this game isn't entirely like Diablo either. Don't expect tons of different weapons and items, dropping w/ say each kill of an enemy. Weapons, armor, and equipment here feel much more limited, even though you can upgrade them. Just...don't expect the amount of looter elements that you'd see in a Diablo ARPG, as The Ascent is more of a twin-stick shooter than a looter-ARPG. Though, it really does feel like every upgrade, every weapon, and every armor you get is different and does really matter, which you can run into. This feels...a lot more tightly contained, purposely.

On a side note: I really do wish there was officially a way to zoom the camera in and out on my own. I do wish there were optional different say 1st-person views or behind-the-shoulder 3rd person views to also switch b/t, just see how this all looks up close and personal at certain times, to see this game and its graphics in all of its glory - but sadly, those options aren't here.

Back to the main stuff now: now, onto combat. Combat zings, as different weapons have different feels, weights, and power to them; especially with your gamepad. Gamepad feels best here for me, in some ways, as. the controller feels like I can really move my character around easiest in all kinds of directions, even if the right analog stick isn't the greatest things to utilize for aiming; mice are just better at that kind of stuff, as the mouse does feel better for aiming. When playing with keyboard & mouse, the mouse feels great for aiming & shooting purposes - but trying to move around, often when things are angled, you often feel like you're constantly holding two cursors keys a lot (or if you use WSAD, you'd likely be holding two of those keys constantly) just to move in one desirable direction, so that isn't ideal either. Also, the old-school Xbox for Windows gamepad still feels best for movement here, for when utilizing the movement w/ the upper-left analog stick for character movement and also feeling the rumbling of the rumble-pad here on this gamepad.

Quests so far feel of the Diablo-sort or MMO-sort here often, no matter if they're say a main quest or side quest. So far, it's often going to an area and collecting numerous items; killing numerous enemies; and/or doing a few things in that area. Hopefully the story, characters, narrative, and everything else in that regard here stays really interesting; the game doesn't get too long for its own good; and/or this quest-style doesn't get that repetitive as I get further along to keep the game fresh & interesting - as the last 2 things could also possibly hurt the game, if nothing of those needles move and/or change here.

Regardless, after 5 hours or so here, it's so far pretty good and I hope it can keep me going and interested. So far, it's quite good. And hopefully, it stays that way and doesn't lose its steam.

More to come, once I play and experience more of this gorgeous cyberpunk-set twin-stick shooter/ARPG.

New Amazon Prime Gaming titles are up:

Dragon Age Inquisition (Origin)

Control: Ultimate Edition (GOG)

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Epic - Direct link, no key)

If you don't have Amazon Prime, I'd expect the first two games to be under a buck on the shady key sites soon enough, just like Ghostrunner and Star Wars: Squadrons were.

Wack, I also got the 18% off a GMG game from the GMG wheel thing, if anyone wants it’s GBF4DA-Q0LZJH-689V0T

Ah the Ascent is not so good. Plays terribly solo too. I gave a review back when it released. Think I settled on a 6/10 for it. Quite gorgeous though.

Finally finished Deathloop. It should be a wait for 75% off sale. It's solid enough I'd give it about an 8/10 on its best day, but it goes more towards a 7.5/10 with so, so, so, so, so much repetition in levels, wasting time and just kind of leads to a meh ending. I only played Dishonored before this, but it's obvious they used a lot of I'm assume Dishonored 2 in making this. Still a good enough game with great graphics, good voice acting, pretty good controls (smooth on my XBOX Series X controller and not so good with mouse and keyboard), and repetition out the wazoo. A rogue lite that was highly overrated likely because it was such a dry time for games coming out. Places have it I think 33% off, but I think waiting is good. I'm just glad I'm done with it after 26.2 hours. All I have to say is goodbye visionaries and yeah I'm not so good at these type of games so it likely took me longer than most. I didn't find every gun or whatever, but I was done with it.

Sort of want to buy the old Tomb Raider games but unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a bundle of them on Steam.  They're $1 each during the current Tomb Raider sale but the only bundle is one that crams the older games in with all the crappy DLC from the modern ones.

Anyone recall if Fanatical ever did a Classic Tomb Raider game bundle?

Fake edit:  Looks like Fanatical is copying the current Steam sale but no bundle being offered.

Sort of want to buy the old Tomb Raider games but unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a bundle of them on Steam. They're $1 each during the current Tomb Raider sale but the only bundle is one that crams the older games in with all the crappy DLC from the modern ones.

Anyone recall if Fanatical ever did a Classic Tomb Raider game bundle?

Fake edit: Looks like Fanatical is copying the current Steam sale but no bundle being offered.
The only TR Collection that I knew of is this one, which includes pretty much everything:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/13831/Tomb_Raider_Collection/

Checked my Steam account. I did buy a bunch of the old ones in 2013 (it was probably that TR Collection bundle, before they kept seemingly adding newer ones that come out to it), which got me TR 1,2,3,4,5 & Angel of Darkness for $3.72.

Don't recall Fanatical doing a big TR Collection Bundle though.

The only TR Collection that I knew of is this one, which includes pretty much everything:

Checked my Steam account. I did buy a bunch of the old ones in 2013 (it was probably that TR Collection bundle, before they kept seemingly adding newer ones that come out to it), which got me TR 1,2,3,4,5 & Angel of Darkness for $3.72.
I'm with you. I remember an old bundle that I bought the orginals in.

Great price at $3.72. Sadly it looks like there is no longer an option to get it.
Which TR's are you looking for in particular?

I know most here want these on Steam, but some of the older ones are cheaper on GOG and are bundled together.

On GOG - TR 1+2+3 Bundle = $2

On GOG - TR: Last Rev & Chronicles (TR4 & 5) Bundle = $1.39

Rest look the same price-wise on GOG (i.e. Angel of Darkness, TR:L, TR:A, TR:U), though.

TR 2013 is cheaper on Steam ($2.24) [without DLC's], as GOG only sells TR 2013 GOTY Edition (with DLC's - even though there's no MP support there).

Don't recall Fanatical doing a big TR Collection Bundle though.
The TR Collection bundle is quite funny. I have the Definitive Edition of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but it still wants to sell me the Definitive Edition upgrade along with two other addons of Shadow of the Tomb Raider that are just subsets of the Definitive edition.

Steam is always funny about those bundles.

Which TR's are you looking for in particular?

I know most here want these on Steam, but some of the older ones are cheaper on GOG and are bundled together.

On GOG - TR 1+2+3 Bundle = $2

On GOG - TR: Last Rev & Chronicles (TR4 & 5) Bundle = $1.39

Rest look the same price-wise on GOG (i.e. Angel of Darkness, TR:L, TR:A, TR:U), though.

TR 2013 is cheaper on Steam ($2.24) [without DLC's], as GOG only sells TR 2013 GOTY Edition (with DLC's - even though there's no MP support there).
I had actually never played any of them back in 't3h day' except maybe once or twice at a friend's house so was interested in a cheap-ish pack of all the older ones. Those GOG prices are solid, though.

I had actually never played any of them back in 't3h day' except maybe once or twice at a friend's house so was interested in a cheap-ish pack of all the older ones. Those GOG prices are solid, though.
Me neither. I've had every TR since Legend, until that TR Sale on Steam happened in 2013. That's when I picked up all of the ancient TR's.

I still have all of those Core TR's backlogged - TR 1,2,3,4,5, and AoD.

Don't start playing Unpacking on GamePass if you're responsible for cooking your child's dinner within the next hour because they will go hungry.

Too late, I've been unpacking boxes full of old crap I need to sort for the last two days.

Old crap and dust. Mostly dust.
Never waste time doing something in real life when you could be wasting time doing it in a videogame.

Also an Unpacking update: luckily the game only took a few hours to beat so I was a eventually able to spare a few moments to open a bag of peanuts for my boy.

Finished Inscryption a couple nights ago. I really liked it although the story didn't really come together for me. I was listening to a podcast and one of the people on there said everybody should play this game even if they don't like card games. I wouldn't go that far. There are some great moments in this game that I'd love everybody to experience, but most of the time you are just playing a card combat game. Also, I love card combat, but I would get a little frustrated with it in this game. Everything in the game is pretty good, but I think I would get a little impatient in wanting to see what's coming next in the game. Being a card game, luck is a significant factor so you do end up losing and having to start over a decent amount.

There are a couple really great mind fuck type moments in the game and you should probably avoid learning too much about the game in case you want to play it some day. If it's on Game Pass or something some day, I think it's worth everybody checking it out just to see if it's something you could get into.

I was a little disappointed there's no New Game+ although after it ends there is a menu that lets you go to all the major parts of the game. The game is meta enough that they could do some really fun stuff with a New Game+. They did leave the story open enough that there could be a sequel, but the ending is also good enough that it doesn't need a sequel.

Never waste time doing something in real life when you could be wasting time doing it in a videogame.

Also an Unpacking update: luckily the game only took a few hours to beat so I was a eventually able to spare a few moments to open a bag of peanuts for my boy.
Surprise twist: He is allergic to peanuts

This is why House Flipper being in the Humble bundle is going to set me on edge.
I should be redoing flooring, paint and redecorating my actual home, not a virtual one.

Played Unpacking on Game Pass for only 5 minutes. I enjoyed the chill vibes and cool music and see what comes out of the boxes, but it's so boring. If I really didn't want to do anything I would just watch some slice of life anime and turn off my brain. The graphics were aight. It's just unpacking boxes and putting stuff in places. After you're done it glows an angry red if it didn't like where you put some stuff, so you place it where you think they want it. Not for me at all. Not even rating it.

Played Unpacking on Game Pass for only 5 minutes. I enjoyed the chill vibes and cool music and see what comes out of the boxes, but it's so boring. If I really didn't want to do anything I would just watch some slice of life anime and turn off my brain. The graphics were aight. It's just unpacking boxes and putting stuff in places. After you're done it glows an angry red if it didn't like where you put some stuff, so you place it where you think they want it. Not for me at all. Not even rating it.
You gonna sit on the crapper and take that BreadNiblets??? He's calling your favorite game boring... And by extention ergo deus ex machina tutti fruiti, he's calling you boring....

I replayed a bit of Duke Nukem Forever as I watching some Just Bad Games on Youtube and I remembered playing it back when Amazon bundled it and feeling it wasn't that bad. It was bad when I played it. I looked over how bad the graphics were and just how bad the gameplay was. I was maybe 1/3 through the game and just played a few missions and was not having it. The 2 gun gameplay sucked, the going for ammo in boss fights sucked, the one liners were just OK, and frankly it deserves it's reputation as a bad game. It doesn't control well either especially for platforming or driving. I don't want to waste anymore time on this either. It was about an hour played there though I had a few hours before that from my save. 5.5/10 for being playable but just being somewhat boring and repetitive.

The 2 gun limitation was probably the worst part.  It also tried way too hard to be edgy and offensive to the point of being cringe-worthy.  Ignoring that, it's still only a mediocre FPS.

Usually I can remember how a game ended up in my account. Whether I bought it directly through Steam or from another store, whether it was part of a bundle. Sometimes I can even recall the specific bundle site. But I have no damn idea how Duke Nukem Forever ended up there. According to Steam, I activated a key in January of 2012. I doubt it was from a bundle; The game bombed hard, but this was only ~7 months after release and bundles at the time were typically reserved for indie titles. More confusingly, why is it listed as a Mac Retail copy? Did I buy it from MacGameStore? I never would have knowingly exchanged legal tender for a copy. Was it a price error? Did I somehow steal it?

Usually I can remember how a game ended up in my account. Whether I bought it directly through Steam or from another store, whether it was part of a bundle. Sometimes I can even recall the specific bundle site. But I have no damn idea how Duke Nukem Forever ended up there. According to Steam, I activated a key in January of 2012. I doubt it was from a bundle; The game bombed hard, but this was only ~7 months after release and bundles at the time were typically reserved for indie titles. More confusingly, why is it listed as a Mac Retail copy? Did I buy it from MacGameStore? I never would have knowingly exchanged legal tender for a copy. Was it a price error? Did I somehow steal it?
I *know* that I bought it for $10 from Impulse, a long time ago in 2011. It came w/ a Steam key.

EDIT:

EDITED the above, I checked. Not sure if it was still owned by Stardock or if GameStop had already bought them out yet. [shrug]

Checking my redemptions, I got it like most people... in the dollar tier of a Humble Bundle in 2016

The bigger question I have is if I ever actually installed and played the copy of Battleborn that I got in that same bundle.

Maybe you got it from Amazon? I remember in 2012 and 2013 there were a lot of Steam game deals on Amazon at the time. I think I even got my copy of DNF from around that time (I believe it came in a bundle with like 2-3 other games).

Maybe you got it from Amazon? I remember in 2012 and 2013 there were a lot of Steam game deals on Amazon at the time. I think I even got my copy of DNF from around that time (I believe it came in a bundle with like 2-3 other games).
fRBjStH.png

Mystery solved. Paid for using promotional codes only, confirming my suspicion that I'd never spend actual money on DNF.

bread's done
Back