Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm not keen on open worlds anymore but I'm still hoping FromSoft will put on a clinic and show the world how to properly design an open world that is dense with meaningful content. I can't wait to play Elden Ring. At the same time I hope it's a one-and-done and Miyazaki goes back to designing proper levels with his next game.

In any case, early 2022 is looking good. Elden Ring and God of War PC are going to keep me on the toilet for a while.

Sniper Elite 3 plus all DLC is the Star Deal on Fanatical at $5.  They say there are 'few keys left' but I doubt that's true.  It's been in a couple of Humble Bundles a few  years ago but hasn't been in any Fanatical bundles... yet.  Still, I'm thinking if they ever do put it in a Fanatical Bundle they might not include the DLC.

Yep. I'm going to be putting up some other codes in the coming days as well and they will all be sports ball players of some sort. Trying to cut down on lurkers.
Thanks for posting the keys!

I can see how this cuts down on bots, which is great, not quite so much lurkers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance is back for purchase on GOG.com.

https://www.gog.com/game/metal_gear_solid_2_substance
It hasn't left GOG....yet.

But it will be leaving tomorrow:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/metal_gear_solid_2_substance_delisting

We’d like to inform you that, upon the publisher's request, METAL GEAR SOLID 2 will be temporarily delisted from our catalog on November 15th, 2021, at 8AM UTC. Apologies for the short notice.

For everyone who purchased the title prior to delisting, it will remain in their GOG library.

I bounced off Forza Horizon 4 pretty quickly, but boy does FH5 have me hooked. Biggest reason is probably the world itself; better variety and just so much more interesting to drive around in compared to FH4. Still a number of annoyances (online races take forever, menu UI is bad) but it's so easy to get lost in the map and just drive around and explore.

I haven't played a Halo game since Halo 2 but I might as well check this out. Curious to see what the peak player count hits on Steam. Only four games have reached 1M+ (PUBG, CSGO, Dota, CP2077), gotta imagine this becomes the 5th.

I'm rockin Halo Infinite mp at 120+ frames on Ultra at 1440p; this is pretty fun.  It's different to play something where enemy players are bullet sponges lol.  No RTX yet tho. 

i-have-no-idea.gif

boy are the new Battlefield reviews disappointing!

I bounced off Forza Horizon 4 pretty quickly, but boy does FH5 have me hooked. Biggest reason is probably the world itself; better variety and just so much more interesting to drive around in compared to FH4. Still a number of annoyances (online races take forever, menu UI is bad) but it's so easy to get lost in the map and just drive around and explore.
I believe I'm enjoying it more than FH4 too... My biggest complaint is the AI in the offroad racing (green) is overtuned and are far too fast even at reasonable low difficulty like highly skilled.

Honestly, they are so fast they have difficulty making the gates/checkpoints.

The Twitter mob has no one but themselves to blame.  They keep buying Acti-Blizz products and giving their money to streamers who are nothing more than outsourced PR machines.

This dovetails nicely into the discussion earlier this week that it's been nearly a decade since Blizzard has done anything relevant and the lion's share of Activision's release schedule is licensed shovelware. 

Are there any PC racers here?  

I have a Logitech G27 wheel that I'm looking to move to a new home.  Send a PM if you're interested.  Pricing will be very flexible as shipping is always a cost for things like that.  

Thanks.  

Epic Store Freebies:

This Week:

- Guild of Dungeoneering

- Never Alone

- Kid A Mnesia Exhibition

Next Week:

- Antstream Arcade: Epic Welcome Pack ($14.99 worth of gems = 1090 gems)

Nvidia is looking at releasing new versions of 2060s with twice the RAM in an effort to get stock on shelves and out of the hands of miners.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gigabyte-names-rtx-2060-12gb

Personally, I feel like scalpers are just as big of a issue as miners so I'm not sure this helps.
2060 isn't a terrible card for lack of options (beats the thousand dollar GTX 1660 systems you're seeing these days) but the 12GB feels pointless aside from marketing. Has anyone really said "Man, what this starter-tier last gen card needs to be great is more memory"? Just make them as they are and sell for less.

And agreed that unless Nvidia has a magic 2060 fountain to pour these out of, they'll just disappear like the rest. Hopefully there'll be enough that new builders can do better than a used 1070 for $500 off FB Marketplace.

Base 2060s and not 2060 Supers even?

I mean, it's an ok compromise if it's sub $300, but it'll probably be MSRP $400 and $600 on the market, and it becomes harder and harder to justify.

It would be super hard to justify a $350-$550 MSRP since that's what a 3060 theoretically costs.

I'd guess it's not a 2060 Super since that would more directly compete with the RTX 3060.

2060 isn't a terrible card for lack of options (beats the thousand dollar GTX 1660 systems you're seeing these days) but the 12GB feels pointless aside from marketing. Has anyone really said "Man, what this starter-tier last gen card needs to be great is more memory"? Just make them as they are and sell for less.

And agreed that unless Nvidia has a magic 2060 fountain to pour these out of, they'll just disappear like the rest. Hopefully there'll be enough that new builders can do better than a used 1070 for $500 off FB Marketplace.
Problem w/ the 1660 cards are both the lack of DLSS and RTX.

Except for the 2060 Super (which basically are using 2070's die and framework for 8GB VRAM allowed), aren't regular 2060's set to be in the layout of either 6GB VRAM or 12GB VRAM config?

Maybe they just opted for 12GB VRAM to make it easier. I mean, some of us here w/ 3070's are blowing that whole 8GB of VRAM buffer zone & wall limit easily, w/ games like Doom Eternal and WD Legion at 1080p even w/ RTX On.

EDIT:

Also about the 12GB VRAM: how many people actually using this to actually create stuff & run stuff in Blender?

I assume that's why they put 12 GB of VRAM.
I guess but that's still the same VRAM as a 3060 has so it'd still be an objectively worse card for the same price.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was $300 on the justification that that MSRP of the 3060 FE is $350, making it cheaper but still not a great deal. But better than buying a used RX 580 for three hundred bucks.

Whatever it goes for, it's selling an underpowered card for obscene amounts of money.  No matter what it costs it will be a very poor value by today's standards. Unless it's < $199 which it obviously won't be.  Stores here are selling RTX 3060's for ~$499 when they have them so what do we think this one will cost?

This is simply card makers taking advantage and profiting off the budget market now.  Selling underpowered cards that are much more cheaply manufactured and cutdown from when they used to be $299 brand new three years ago.  Using leftover TSMC 12nm chips just like the article states.  They only put 12gb of VRAM in there to make things appear like there's some kind of value added, and to justify the price tag.  It's pointless.  In fact you're going to be paying more because of that extra VRAM that is tacked on just in order to raise the price! With no performance gains. Terrible. 

This is what the 2060 KO looked like a couple of years ago, and people are going to shell out 'new console' money for this type of component. Probably ~$399. 

They went with 12GB of ram for marketing, they'd get slammed again for using only 6GB and because the 2060 has a 192bit memory bus. Which means it can have its original 6GB or 12GB of ram. One of the big problems with the original 2060 was its only 6GB of ram for $350 MSRP.

Nvidia could maybe try some jank stuff (see 550ti or gtx 970) to get only 8GB working but its probably not worth the time/effort compared to just putting 12GB on there and looking like heroes to people who only pay attention for 30 seconds of marketing.

I would be very curious to see given all of this extra VRAM, how this New 12GB VRAM RTX 2060 runs something like WD: Legion during its Free Weekend. I doubt it'll run as good as the 3070 power-wise, but performance on Ubi games often suck as they're both unoptimized and demanding AF.

While 6GB is a sweet spot for many games right now - eh, some are demanding when you push stuff. Especially unoptimized UbiSoft stuff...and I'm sure nobody's surprised at that.

I hit the VRAM limit/wall on my 3070 at 8GB VRAM, trying to max it out - and not every setting was maxed-out. IIRC, when I was in the Graphics Menus cranking stuff, I would've needed 10GB VRAM to max-it and it was screaming at me to get back to 8GB VRAM b/c it wouldn't let me go back to the game until I got under the VRAM limit. I had to make decisions on a few things of what to turn on and off.

I was hitting around 40-60fps at 1080p w/ DLSS and RTX On on WD:L. Yeah, the game runs "meh" when you start cranking on RTX.

how this New 12GB VRAM RTX 2060 runs something like WD: Legion during its Free Weekend. I doubt it'll run as good as the 3070 power-wise
I'm going to put my credibility on the line and guess that last generation's bottom tier RTX card isn't going to run as well as this generation's mid-tier card, even with the panacea of an extra 6GB VRAM.

Expecting a 2060 to max out settings on new demanding games isn't realistic anyway. Hell, it wasn't realistic in the 2000-series era. That's why they make 70s and 80s. Even if you can fool the settings menu with extra memory, it still doesn't have the core hardware to make a good job out of it. You're better off ticking down the shadows and foliage from Ultra than assuming more VRAM is going to fix it. There's a reason why the Nvidia cards outperform their same tier AMD counterparts despite generally having less memory.

Saw your restock link in the GPU thread and looked at a few in stock.  So is $1,000 the legitimate MRP for an AMD 6700XT?  That's what a "ships and sold by Amazon" listing has it at, meanwhile, Best Buy seemed to have been selling them for $550?

Will things ever reach a somewhat reasonable point where I can pay $400ish for a mid-tier card and $600 for a high end card or is $1000+ for a GPU the new normal?

Saw your restock link in the GPU thread and looked at a few in stock. So is $1,000 the legitimate MRP for an AMD 6700XT? That's what a "ships and sold by Amazon" listing has it at, meanwhile, Best Buy seemed to have been selling them for $550?

Will things ever reach a somewhat reasonable point where I can pay $400ish for a mid-tier card and $600 for a high end card or is $1000+ for a GPU the new normal?
Prices should decline with China banning all crypto mining. No more legal ghost cities with buildings full of Etherium miners, for example. Surveillance is high there, and they are very punishing for lawbreakers.

I also think the crypto scene will start to shift from valuation on assets within the blockchain to tokenized representations for services provided. Many currencies are being created to act as payment for workloads to be shared amongst computing clusters, and those are inherently CPU-intensive.

GTA Trilogy Definitive:

Rockstar on the GTA Trilogy DE situation:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/393o373751k48k/a-note-from-the-rockstar-games-team-re-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-th?utm_source=facebook_feed&utm_medium=o_social&utm_campaign=gta-trilogy_announcement_update-20211119

Info:

- Update will be coming for this new version of the Trilogy.
- Those who bought GTA: The Trilogy Definitive on PC from Rockstar Store will also be getting the Classic Trilogy versions for free.
- The above deal's good until June 20th, 2022.
- The Original Classic Trilogy will be relisted on the Rockstar Store & Launcher as a Trilogy for purchase.
- No mention on what they'll be doing for console-version GTA Trilogy Definitive users, if they will (or not) get free copies of the GTA Trilogy Classics.

Saw your restock link in the GPU thread and looked at a few in stock. So is $1,000 the legitimate MRP for an AMD 6700XT? That's what a "ships and sold by Amazon" listing has it at, meanwhile, Best Buy seemed to have been selling them for $550?

It's really hard to say.

Not in the foreseeable future no. The goalposts have moved. Crypto has not slowed down. Used cards from a few years ago have only gone up in price.

Since Oct 2020 the most valuable option BY FAR has been to buy a PS5 or XBSX. It's impossible to recommend buying any tier of GPU right now if pricing + value is the main consideration. That's the advice I'd give anyone, and I realize it doesn't help someone that needs a GPU. But things don't look to be improving either. You'd have to pick a pricing tier, stick with it, and be willing to shell out. Or else wait.

It is abundantly clear that the pricing structures of old are gone. AMD had no value answers with their wide array of recent offerings.

The very best value over the previous year would have been scoring one of the Nvidia 3080 Founder's Editions for $699. It averages about $900-$950 from other companies.

They said $499/$699 for the last round of Nvidia cards and look what happened again. Another new series of cards isn't going to get any better.

I haven't paid much attention to the AMD side of things. My local Microcenter regularly has AMD cards listed on their site and, yeah, they're always stupid expensive. Which might be why there's only ever AMD cards listed in stock and never any Nvidia cards.

I know Best Buy has the cheaper Nvidia cards because they're the only NA retail outlet for the Founders Edition card that are still at original MSRP versus the AIB marked up (and marked up again) pricing. I don't know how AMD-branded, non-AIB, Radeon cards are handled.

This latest announcement of a budget 2060 is a perfect example.  That is something that should cost $220 or $240 off the shelf (like the way an old GTX 1050 used to) and be a question of value proposition for the pc builder because it doesn't really offer modern performance.  That's the budget solution.

Now watch what they actually cost. 

It epitomizes the broad predicament of custom PC building right now.  It's an even worse solution to buy something expensively on the low end.

Prices should decline with China banning all crypto mining. No more legal ghost cities with buildings full of Etherium miners, for example. Surveillance is high there, and they are very punishing for lawbreakers.

I also think the crypto scene will start to shift from valuation on assets within the blockchain to tokenized representations for services provided. Many currencies are being created to act as payment for workloads to be shared amongst computing clusters, and those are inherently CPU-intensive.
That's a lot of words to say, "no."

For the previous year it's been:

1) 3080 or bust!

2) buy a new console

3) 3070 for $499 hahahaha good luck with that

4) buy a prebuilt with a 3070 or 3080

When you get through that list and everything still sucks then it's time to wait.  It makes zero sense to be buying old tech / low-end for $400-$600 for a single component. 

Hopefully that will defray the chip production shortage that I'm also reading about. It's not that I don't have the money to buy a GPU at that price, but it is Cheap Ass Gamer, after all! Fortunately my 580 is hanging in there (bought for $200 years ago and currently being sold at $500 on the secondary market) but I'm looking for some hope that I won't have to be pay a hyper-inflated price to eventually replace it. Even worse, that I end up paying $1,000 and then the market somewhat normalizes after-the-fact to $500ish.

We're now talking about timing the market like dealing with speculative commodities versus standard issue products...

Day trading GPU chips instead of blue chips.

bread's done
Back