Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Since someone (TheKBob) mentioned The Evil Within 2 and weird games, I got one to mention.

So, I decided to check out for a bit Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice.

Almost an hour in or so. This is a really draining, strange, and off-the-wall experience, to say the very least. A lot of interesting stuff going on, as there's constant chatter in her head, as she has all kinds of voices in her head....and it's non-stop. The voices are in constantly in her heads...telling her info on puzzles, telling her stories, giving her advice, and reacting to what the player's doing. She also sees rune symbols and other weird stuff and can use that to solve puzzles, open doors, and learn more about history. The game is visually gorgeous & a vicious feast for players' eyes to say the least, especially now w/ new features of RTX On and DLSS On, both that was just added very recently. Combat feels very unique & really good, despite often feeling like they are coming with the combat sequences itself & enemies right out of nowhere, just like the voices that are often in her head. I'm having no problem, running this at 1080p60fps and all maxed-out on my PC...which is loaded with a 10700KF; 16 GB RAM; and 8GB VRAM-based RTX 3070.

More to come, when I play some more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since the GPU market is forked it will be a while before I upgrade to a 1440p 144hz monitor but it's good to see those are now at fairly reasonable prices of around $200-250ish for a 27" version.

Fanatical.

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition -> Steam = $11.99

PoE II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition includes:

- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (base-game)

- DLC Content Packs 1-3

(Beast of Winter DLC; Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC; & The Forgotten Sanctum DLC)

- Defiant Apparal

- Cosmo The Space Pig

- Digital P&P Guide

- Official Soundtrack

- Hi-Res Digital Map

- Digital GuideBook, Volume 2.

Evil Within 2 is at a near all time low at IndieGala for only a few hours ($4.57)

https://www.indiegala.com/store/game/the-evil-within-2/601430
Since someone (TheKBob) mentioned The Evil Within 2 and weird games, I got one to mention. [insert MysterD wall of text here]
5301e899-9086-4ecb-8cf9-965c4c46d7b0_text.gif

So, since my 1060m SC15 laptop has been dead & can't be fixed - unless I buy a new SC15, since it's impossible to find the part, even on after-market - and that'll be pricey...might as well buy a new gaming laptop later, if I even need one - I'm going to need a case/adapter for a m.2 NVME SSD that supports & plugs into a USB adapter (of any sort of USB - USB 3.0, 3.1 or whatever).

Got all my damn Dragon Age 2 DLC saves, ME2 DLC saves, ME3 DLC saves - all of that on that NVME drive. Need/want to get them (they ain't in the Cloud on Origin - older games don't support Cloud). Not sure what other saves I might need off that, as I also used the 1060m laptop for a lot of older titles too; some might not have Cloud-based support. [shrug]

For SSD's, anyone know of or use any good m.2 NVME-to-USB converters?

So, since my 1060m SC15 laptop has been dead & can't be fixed - unless I buy a new SC15, since it's impossible to find the part, even on after-market - and that'll be pricey...might as well buy a new gaming laptop later, if I even need one - I'm going to need a case/adapter for a m.2 NVME SSD that supports & plugs into a USB adapter (of any sort of USB - USB 3.0, 3.1 or whatever).

Got all my damn Dragon Age 2 DLC saves, ME2 DLC saves, ME3 DLC saves - all of that on that NVME drive. Need/want to get them (they ain't in the Cloud on Origin - older games don't support Cloud). Not sure what other saves I might need off that, as I also used the 1060m laptop for a lot of older titles too; some might not have Cloud-based support. [shrug]

For SSD's, anyone know of or use any good m.2 NVME-to-USB converters?
Off the top of my head, not really. Maybe an Anker, Sabrent, or Orico brand one. Below is my go to thread on the subject though. Prepare for tech nerd discussions and no clear easy answer.

https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/stable-nvme-usb-adapter.2572973/?view=date

Fanatical.

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition -> Steam = $11.99

PoE II: Deadfire - Obsidian Edition includes:
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (base-game)
- DLC Content Packs 1-3
(Beast of Winter DLC; Seeker, Slayer, Survivor DLC; & The Forgotten Sanctum DLC)
- Defiant Apparal
- Cosmo The Space Pig
- Digital P&P Guide
- Official Soundtrack
- Hi-Res Digital Map
- Digital GuideBook, Volume 2.
That’s pretty solid . I still haven’t finished pillars of eternity 1 but seeing as how it includes all of the dlc, that’s a very solid bang for the buck

I’m playing fire pro wrestling world, it’s a good game if you like wrestling , got the base game for 6$ and the dox pack for 20. It’s a long game though but good if you like wrestling

Free PC GAMEZ

CONTROL ULTIMATE EDITION PC (GOG)
57PME26CE65E3B9B8D

Steam Games

GUTS AND GLORY
H0EZ9-XIWPH-G4087

SYBERIA 3
G6DBH-NLAFT-DIJQX

This Black Friday has been pretty terrible in general even outside of the video game/computer market.  Only deals I've really taken advantage of so far is ordering food for my mom's cat from Petco.

I played futz with my wishlist (563...) as my game today.  Deleted a bunch of indie stuff that landed with a wet fart and added a few more to be watching with interest.

I guess the one game that slid by me this year is the upcoming XCOM game with Marvel characters called Midnight Suns.  I am sucker for those style of RPGs, so I am excited for that and WH40k: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters. 

Been eyeing TROUBLESHOOTER for a long time, but since I just got Divinty OS2 to play, I'll probably hold off until the winter sale.

This Black Friday has been pretty terrible in general even outside of the video game/computer market. Only deals I've really taken advantage of so far is ordering food for my mom's cat from Petco.
TV's, monitors, CPU's, GPU's, laptop prices, desktop PC prices, HDD, SSD prices - yeah, they all suck. All electronic-prices are crap. Feels like the usual sales, TBH.

Even last year was better than this crap.

This Black Friday has been pretty terrible in general even outside of the video game/computer market. Only deals I've really taken advantage of so far is ordering food for my mom's cat from Petco.
Gamestop was pretty solid to be fair Although I can't believe I'm saying "gamestop" and "solid" in the same sentence

That’s pretty solid . I still haven’t finished pillars of eternity 1 but seeing as how it includes all of the dlc, that’s a very solid bang for the buck

I’m playing fire pro wrestling world, it’s a good game if you like wrestling , got the base game for 6$ and the dox pack for 20. It’s a long game though but good if you like wrestling
I still got PoE1 Complete and PoE2 base backlogged.

I need the PoE2 Season Pass.

FPWW is really good. I need to mess w/ the NJPW DLC's, as I bought those a bit ago when they got discounted. I still need to get the newer Stardom stuff and other stuff - especially since w/ some mods, characters, etc; yeah, you need the newer DLC's too. Ugh.

I still got PoE1 Complete and PoE2 base backlogged.

I need the PoE2 Season Pass.

FPWW is really good. I need to mess w/ the NJPW DLC's, as I bought those a bit ago when they got discounted. I still need to get the newer Stardom stuff and other stuff - especially w/ some mods, characters, etc; yeah, you need the newer DLC's too. Ugh.
The dlcs are on sale right now. The game itself Is pretty addictive.

Off topic, I just realized final fantasy III got a remake and it's on steam(not on sale currently).  that is one of my favorite games of all time, do any of you like the 3d remake?  Is it pretty faithful to the original game?  Kefka was really good in the USA version, the reason why the american version of the game ff3 did so well was the localization(english translation).  In the japanese version, Kefka was a generic bad guy and the game was just considered pretty good.  In the usa, its amazing.  how is the 3d remake?

Off topic, I just realized final fantasy III got a remake and it's on steam(not on sale currently). that is one of my favorite games of all time, do any of you like the 3d remake? Is it pretty faithful to the original game? Kefka was really good in the USA version, the reason why the american version of the game ff3 did so well was the localization(english translation). In the japanese version, Kefka was a generic bad guy and the game was just considered pretty good. In the usa, its amazing. how is the 3d remake?
shelly-3.jpg

I doubt anyone here bought it yet. Those 'pixel remasters' just came out and people here don't really buy new games. They look pretty cool though! And are much more well-received that previous mobile versions. I'm sure some of us will buy the bundle when it's 50% off or >.

Off topic, I just realized final fantasy III got a remake and it's on steam(not on sale currently). that is one of my favorite games of all time, do any of you like the 3d remake? Is it pretty faithful to the original game? Kefka was really good in the USA version, the reason why the american version of the game ff3 did so well was the localization(english translation). In the japanese version, Kefka was a generic bad guy and the game was just considered pretty good. In the usa, its amazing. how is the 3d remake?
The game you're taking about is Final Fantasy VI (was only FFIII for US snes release). It's my favorite also. I think it's the next scheduled release for the Pixel Remaster line. But it sounds like you might be asking about the ported DS version of an altogether different game.

The 3D remake and the Pixel Remaster are both remakes of Final Fantasy III (Japan). Final Fantasy II (Japan), III (Japan), and V got localized long after Final Fantasy IV and VI, so when those two games were initially brought to the US, they were just called Final Fantasy II and III.

That is to say, the game you’re talking about (with Kefka) is Final Fantasy VI, not III. FFIII 3D and Pixel remaster have nothing to do with it. You’re also severely overestimating the changes the original American localization of FFVI made, there were never any significant characterization or plot changes between regions for that game, and the later translations have generally been considered to be largely superior.

FF6 and FF7 are masterpieces. FF9 was pretty good too.
FFIV, V, VI, VII, and IX are good. FFIII is pretty good. FFVIII is a flawed masterpiece. FF Tactics is an unflawed masterpiece.

The rest are mostly curiosities or not worth bothering with.

The 3D remake and the Pixel Remaster are both remakes of Final Fantasy III (Japan). Final Fantasy II (Japan), III (Japan), and V got localized long after Final Fantasy IV and VI, so when those two games were initially brought to the US, they were just called Final Fantasy II and III.

That is to say, the game you’re talking about (with Kefka) is Final Fantasy VI, not III. FFIII 3D and Pixel remaster have nothing to do with it. You’re also severely overestimating the changes the original American localization of FFVI made, there were never any significant characterization or plot changes between regions for that game, and the later translations have generally been considered to be largely superior.

FFIV, V, VI, VII, and IX are good. FFIII is pretty good. FFVIII is a flawed masterpiece. FF Tactics is an unflawed masterpiece.

The rest are mostly curiosities or not worth bothering with.
I wish FF Tactics would get a PC port; never played it.

FF5 was really good too; played that on PSX.

FF8 was good, but disappointing to me. Story and the whole Ultimecia storyline after the amazing reveal after Disc 1; felt like they really dropped the ball, IMHO. Plus, Squall wasn't always likeable and was often quite whiny, to say the least.

So, how are FF4 PSX versions? FF4 3D Remake w/ the DLC?

I wish FF Tactics would get a PC port; never played it.

FF5 was really good too; played that on PSX.

FF8 was good, but disappointing to me. Story and the whole Ultimecia storyline after the amazing reveal after Disc 1; felt like they really dropped the ball, IMHO. Plus, Squall wasn't always likeable and was often quite whiny, to say the least.

So, how are FF4 PSX versions? FF4 3D Remake w/ the DLC?
FF4 SNES (American FFII) was for some reason really dumbed down from the original and was released before SquareSoft had a competent localization team. It’s pretty easily the worst way to play the game today.

FF4 PSX restores the original difficulty and had a much better localization while preserving fan favorite lines from the original translation (most famously, “You spoony bard!”). Unfortunately it also introduces significant load times (though playing on a PS2, PSP, PS3, or emulator should help speed those up a bit). It also features a remastered CD-quality score.

FF4 GBA is probably roughly intermediate in difficulty between the previous two, has had some graphical overhauls that overall make it the best-looking version so far, and features some new bonus dungeons. It is, however, somewhat buggy, the music has been severely downsampled, and the colors have been oversaturated to make up for the dark, unbacklit screen of the original GBA.

FF4 DS (the 3D version on Steam is a fairly direct port of this) is the most radically changed version of the game, featuring more fleshed out dialogue and cutscenes, some minor changes to the plot due to these, and an even steeper difficulty level than the PSX version. Supposedly 3/4 of the original script had been cut from the original SNES Japanese version, and this version tries to work some of the lost material back in while also adding some entirely new events. There are also several mechanical changes, some of which are significant and attempt to add replay value.

FFIV PSP gets rid of all the new elements from both the GBA and DS versions, but adds in the sequel stories originally released on the Wii, an interlude campaign bridging the original and the sequels, updates the score again, and features redrawn backgrounds and sprites at a much higher resolution, though the artstyle they use is somewhat divisive. I personally am not a fan.

I haven’t tried the Pixel Remaster or heard much about it yet, though I think the spritework is slightly worse than the original’s. Backgrounds are definitely an improvement, though.

Personally, I kinda lean slightly towards the PSX version. Most of the extra content that’s been introduced since the original is of fairly questionable quality, and while the spritework and backgrounds are better in the GBA, that version’s oversaturation, lower quality sound, and bugs lose out against the PSX’s slow load times. If you like the look of the PSP version, that’s probably as close to definitive as the game has gotten, but I honestly find it pretty ugly, myself, and it’s also much easier than the Japanese original/PSX version. The DS version is interesting, though a bit of an outlier due to how much it changes.

This is without mentioning the Wonderswan Color or pre-smart-phone Japanese phone versions, as well. FFIV’s been on frigging everything.

Off topic, I just realized final fantasy III got a remake and it's on steam(not on sale currently). that is one of my favorite games of all
I still think Final Fantasy II was the best though I still find it odd that they skipped so many numbers.

shrug

So how was everybody's Thanksgiving and Black Friday?

This is probably a bit of a mild hot take, but I've always found Final Fantasy VII to be overrated. 
Sephiroth is a lame villain and Cloud an incredibly boring protagonist. 
Even it's storyline is just kinda "ok", but hardly super-amazing.  

It's a competent game and the music was fantastic but it all just never seemed to come together to the degree that people swear it does. 

FF7 is overrated.  But its ratings were pretty spot-on back in 1997.  It just happened to be the first really expansive jrpg on Playstation, with those pre-rendered backgrounds, FMV battle sequences, and the extensive materia system that brought a new sense of awe to the genre.  It was pretty big for its time and rightfully so.  The one aspect that never gets enough credit is how sound design often elevates a game's status and makes it into something truly memorable.

Although I can't believe I'm saying "gamestop" and "solid" in the same sentence
I ordered something from the Home Shopping Network today. Mind you, I got there via Google Shopping, not by watching UHF channels with my phone in hand, but that's still not a thing I expected to be saying in late 2021.

I ordered something from the Home Shopping Network today. Mind you, I got there via Google Shopping, not by watching UHF channels with my phone in hand, but that's still not a thing I expected to be saying in late 2021.
First thing I thought of....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt2BI-zn_WQ

FF4 SNES (American FFII) was for some reason really dumbed down from the original and was released before SquareSoft had a competent localization team. It’s pretty easily the worst way to play the game today.

FF4 PSX restores the original difficulty and had a much better localization while preserving fan favorite lines from the original translation (most famously, “You spoony bard!”). Unfortunately it also introduces significant load times (though playing on a PS2, PSP, PS3, or emulator should help speed those up a bit). It also features a remastered CD-quality score.

FF4 GBA is probably roughly intermediate in difficulty between the previous two, has had some graphical overhauls that overall make it the best-looking version so far, and features some new bonus dungeons. It is, however, somewhat buggy, the music has been severely downsampled, and the colors have been oversaturated to make up for the dark, unbacklit screen of the original GBA.

FF4 DS (the 3D version on Steam is a fairly direct port of this) is the most radically changed version of the game, featuring more fleshed out dialogue and cutscenes, some minor changes to the plot due to these, and an even steeper difficulty level than the PSX version. Supposedly 3/4 of the original script had been cut from the original SNES Japanese version, and this version tries to work some of the lost material back in while also adding some entirely new events. There are also several mechanical changes, some of which are significant and attempt to add replay value.

FFIV PSP gets rid of all the new elements from both the GBA and DS versions, but adds in the sequel stories originally released on the Wii, an interlude campaign bridging the original and the sequels, updates the score again, and features redrawn backgrounds and sprites at a much higher resolution, though the artstyle they use is somewhat divisive. I personally am not a fan.

I haven’t tried the Pixel Remaster or heard much about it yet, though I think the spritework is slightly worse than the original’s. Backgrounds are definitely an improvement, though.

Personally, I kinda lean slightly towards the PSX version. Most of the extra content that’s been introduced since the original is of fairly questionable quality, and while the spritework and backgrounds are better in the GBA, that version’s oversaturation, lower quality sound, and bugs lose out against the PSX’s slow load times. If you like the look of the PSP version, that’s probably as close to definitive as the game has gotten, but I honestly find it pretty ugly, myself, and it’s also much easier than the Japanese original/PSX version. The DS version is interesting, though a bit of an outlier due to how much it changes.

This is without mentioning the Wonderswan Color or pre-smart-phone Japanese phone versions, as well. FFIV’s been on frigging everything.
default_001.jpg

How can you call yourself a Final Fantasy fan when you don't even mention the amazing FF Tactics Advance games, or FF Mystic Quest?

RE: FF Tactics, a remaster of that was one of the games that was a part of the GeForce Now leak that so far has been pretty spot on. So something to be hopeful about.

With 20% (real) inflation a year what do you expect? I have friends with relatively new cars they cant even get parts if somethn breaks and used cars are up 50% in EU. I made a fortune with bitcoin but right now it seems safest to invest in things that are still relatively cheap this year like GPUs and Gaming Notebooks because they will cost 100% more next year with new corona scarcity

With 20% (real) inflation a year what do you expect? I have friends with relatively new cars they cant even get parts if somethn breaks and used cars are up 50% in EU. I made a fortune with bitcoin but right now it seems safest to invest in things that are still relatively cheap this year like GPUs and Gaming Notebooks because they will cost 100% more next year with new corona scarcity
Did you just use the term 'invest' in regards to buying a laptop... Ummm....

giphy.gif

I recently discovered a fool-proof investment strategy where I take a dollar and multiply it by itself to end up with two dollars. Won't be long before I'm a rich gamer.

Free Steam Games:

A Story About My Uncle - 6HQXV-D79F2-AQ4V3
Hero of the Kingdom II - MHAQC-EQD06-T2K8L
Overture - EBA7L-0Y2ZG-55MH6
Anodyne - 6FNR8-C8HHH-YAHJE
Eidolon - 46WAJ-KGDCB-5HIPI

Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack - 0XFBB-5EXZR-T9NZ4
Oknytt - AGFCI-3EICG-NWMB4
The Path - FJDJ7-NREY7-H6FD8
One Final Breath - Episode One - EL7VD-M7N5X-AHT4T

Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut - Q8NCN-XJXDW-DEGCM

Decay: The Mare - 6GIGH-HG9MW-RC8NN

Aarklash: Legacy - A9Q82-0IFVF-07RNK
Crusader Kings II - LN9EW-BR7W6-I89QH
Trine 2: Complete Story  - P9KCB-98M2N-CYCWL
Lumino City - H6DPZ-FXN7R-XYYLE

The Archetype - ECEI9-EZWGT-ZJ47M

Lumber Island - That Special Place - EBM6Y-IA85D-WFNHT

Caffeine: Season Pass + Episode One DLC - E890C-ZZMZR-7C7MB

Shutter - DGC2M-GFVIC-YBAQ2

NecroVisioN: Lost Company - 7PCEZ-JW49J-5DAB3

:wave:

So, how does everybody feel about the FF games since FF10?

How's FF10 and 10-2? How's FF12? FF Type-O? Any thoughts on the FF 13 Trilogy? FF15? 

Most of this, I got backlogged...except FF12; don't own that yet.

So, how does everybody feel about the FF games since FF10?

How's FF10 and 10-2? How's FF12? FF Type-O? Any thoughts on the FF 13 Trilogy? FF15?

Most of this, I got backlogged...except FF12; don't own that yet.
FF14 is one of the best MMOs ever. I go back and play it from time to time.

The $50 blu-ray soundtracks they sell on the SquareEnix webstore are simply phenomenal. One disc is like four hours of the game music compositions while some FF graphics slideshow plays. There are about six of them now. The game has some of the best music and art design that I've ever experienced.

FF12 was excellent but that was also circa 2006. It's like an offline MMO with tons of vastness for a single-player game. It has a weird automatic spell and ability system that you customize and prioritize abilities for your AI teammates. You'd probably like it MysterD.

FF10 and FF13, much like FF7, were very much products of their time that showcased the graphical power of their respective console generations. They are very linear, on-the-rails, experiences and are hard to recommend compared to all the other games you have the option to try.

FF10 was very enjoyable and had fun mini game thu some hated the storyline i thought it was well done. after FF10 they tend go down hill, FF10-2 is a side story with female only cast it was interesting battle system but the story was B rated at best, fun if you want more of FF10, passabile otherwise.

FF 11 mmo only, FF12  was fun, very different combat can play idle and set up commands   storyline was weird as you start as a side character to a much bigger plot  and the storyline felt like everything happened around you and you just kinda fell into the story on the side. it had some fun side quest but overall was a C to B+ game.

13 i hated with a passion it was graphics over substance if it got erase tomorrow with no back up of it i would not shed a tear as nothing was lost.  13-2 i enjoyed a lot ironically it tried to go back to old way and thu storyline got oddball it did lot things that made me enjoy playing FF again. FF 13-3 i did not like, it again tried something new and felt more tiring for me to play then enjoy.

FF 14 MMO only, FF 15 again graphics > story  some enjoyed it i did not the bro code storyline was not seller for me thu it did things other enjoyed it broke the storyline into way to many different media,  then release more dlc to tell the story better,

i don't have high hope for FF16 with the way  they been doing things but will see i grew up with FF so it sadden me to trash talk a series i followed since US version of FF 1.

bread's done
Back