Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I think it's funny for Epic to do a "mystery game countdown!" just to reveal a game everyone has free already on Epic from the Twitch giveaway.
At least the hidden logos/art in the mystery box seems to be true for predictions of the next freebie.

I pretty much assume that all of the EGS exclusive windows are paid beta tests.
seems-legit.gif

If you own RDO (from the $1 glitch, etc) and launch it, you can select Story mode and it'll send you to the Rockstar Store to buy it for $4.80

Edit: I have it from the Epic glitch, someone else said it showed full price for him?  I dunno YMMV or somethin'

ZCwslUy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a Slickdeals thread about the RDR2 story mode deal if anyone is interested. If you don't already have RDO, it seems like you should be able to buy it from Epic for $5 then get the story mode afterwards for another $5. So $10 saved overall versus buying the standard edition. YMMV, naturally.

I already fakey'ed RDR2 from Steam a while back. Be aware that the first hour or so is pretty structured, but from there it opens up the world completely.

I guess they did it that way to get you invested in the story, but it does throw you off a bit. I remember starting it thinking that it wasn't at all like I thought it would be. 214 hours later I'm still not done with my first playthrough because I found too many entertaining things to do on my own.

That's not to say that the story isn't good, because it is excellent (disclaimer: I do like the genre).

Do any of you guys know if the Blizzard Arcade Collection will be delisted in Feb 2022? Not sure if I'm understanding the page information correctly. Was hoping it would be 50% off on PC before then like on consoles but it's only 20% off the Holiday Sale.

Loop Hero is worth buying. On sale right now on GOG, deeper sale on Humble with choice discount.

That is all...
If you're implying that you want to see the developers supported, don't hold off on claiming it on Epic: Sweeney definitely pays the developers for those giveaways and (although I don't have any insider knowledge) I wouldn't be surprised if they get more money the more people claim the game.

If you're implying that you want to see the developers supported, don't hold off on claiming it on Epic: Sweeney definitely pays the developers for those giveaways and (although I don't have any insider knowledge) I wouldn't be surprised if they get more money the more people claim the game.
I will support the developers when I buy it in a bundle!

Sweeney says a lot of things. His stance changes to what is ever "anit-Valve" or "soup du jour" on Twitter or some such.

Besides that, take my comment for whatever you will.

Sweeney says a lot of things. His stance changes to what is ever "anit-Valve" or "soup du jour" on Twitter or some such.

Besides that, take my comment for whatever you will.
I took it as crazy talk in these here parts. Around here If you don't claim free games and later buy them you get a well deserved "y u no wen free?".

No one want's the shame of that.

No one. :shame:

Those seem like games I would want, thus I would consider them not great for drawing in people to Epic, since I know my tastes are weird.

Prey is great, but I feel like that's been given away and/or dirt cheap so many times before that I think it's odd they'd end on that one.

Had it been Pathfinder II on Christmas, it would also be very noteworthy.

Prey is great, but I feel like that's been given away and/or dirt cheap so many times before that I think it's odd they'd end on that one.
They said the dates were tentative so maybe it's off. I'm guessing that someone is claiming to have datamined the package graphics then figured out the games based on the hints. And maybe presenting them in the order the images were in (or by filename, etc)

Or maybe it's all just a lie.

Pathfinder's really good, similar to a modern-day BG series.

Vampyr's combat's "okay" and has that Eurojank and nowhere as good as Dark Souls' thing, but I love everything else about the game - i.e. voice-acting; writing; dialogue; story; plot; characters; Doctor's Bulletin Board for curing or vampire-turning (i.e. it's a Reverse SoM/SoW system); atmosphere; immersion; setting; etc.

Prey 2017's awesome. Like a modern-day System Shock 2 of sorts.

Also, this is interesting - all of the games listed in this leak are full price right now too and are not on sale during this sale. 

Well, we already knew today would be Second Extinction based on the package hints from yesterday (had the SE logo on it)

Tomorrow looks like Mutant Year Zero based on the crossbow

I think I recall some people mentioning Graphic Audio books positively here before, so figured someone might be interested in the giveaway they’re doing on Fanatical right now, though I have no familiarity with the books in question. There are three of them, Deathlands: Crater Lake, Deathlands: Homeward Bound, and Rogue Angel: The Chosen, along with a 10% off coupon for a “GraphicAudio Novels Bundle.”

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/graphicaudio-novels-giveaway-bundle

I think I recall some people mentioning Graphic Audio books positively here before, so figured someone might be interested in the giveaway they’re doing on Fanatical right now, though I have no familiarity with the books in question. There are three of them, Deathlands: Crater Lake, Deathlands: Homeward Bound, and Rogue Angel: The Chosen, along with a 10% off coupon for a “GraphicAudio Novels Bundle.”

Just how graphic are we talking with these audio books? 🤔

Just how graphic are we talking with these audio books? 🤔
I’ve never listened to one all the way through but I’m given to understand they utilize the highly underused “Gorespray” feature in most modern media playback devices.

Just how graphic are we talking with these audio books?
I used to listen to these Deathlands Graphic Audio books a few years ago when I was working a second job late at night. Listened to about 120 of them, which was all I could get my hands on at the time. They're all 4-5 hours long.

Technically, these are more like audio dramas than audio books. They're still audio books in that there's a narrator, but each character is voiced by someone, and there's music and plenty of sound effects. The effects are usually really great, and there are at least a dozen voice actors in the Deathlands cast.

As far as "graphic" in the explicit context: there's lots of swearing and violence/murder, and at least one sex scene in every story. The setting is in the wake of a nuclear holocaust in an alternate future, and the United States is a lawless wasteland full of criminals and prostitutes. The main character is basically Snake Plissken. Other characters include an Amazonian mutant with living hair, a gun fanatic, a 19th century British philosopher who accidentally traveled through time, and a black female doctor awoken from cryosleep who searches for a cure for nuclear fallout. They take warp portals found in labs around the world in hopes that they find a place to live peacefully.

I liked the series enough where I started buying the book bundles to support the studio. Graphic Audio also does licensed adaptations of DC and Marvel stories, if you're into that.

Here's the preface:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z_x1WbcY40&t=1s

So if any regulars here missed out, I got two one extra ME Legendary keys. Let me know if you're interested and I'll let them go for exactly what I paid for them ($10.61 each).

Both gone.

So if any regulars here missed out, I got two extra ME Legendary keys. Let me know if you're interested and I'll let them go for exactly what I paid for them ($10.61 each).
I kind of, sort of want it. I certainly would have grabbed it if I hadn't been too late. But I suspect that other people probably want it more than I do. So I'll leave it for them.

This is really awesome of you though.

I kind of, sort of want it. I certainly would have grabbed it if I hadn't been too late. But I suspect that other people probably want it more than I do. So I'll leave it for them.

This is really awesome of you though.
Thanks for the kind words. Hell, I barely wanted it myself. Never was a big ME fan (only played the first two and once each) but hey, a deal's a deal.

I can barely bother with cards.  I have about $50 in Steam balance thanks to buying Steam buxx at GameStop through a credit card promo/discount of around 30% off.  I think that was like six months ago.  Still unspent.

bread's done
Back