Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Last week of 2021 Giveaway

Free Steam Games:

Oxenfree

The Sacred Tears TRUE

Automachef

Gone Home + Original Soundtrack

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat

Devil Daggers

Runestone Keeper

Prison Architect

STRIDER™

DmC: Devil May Cry

Beholder 2

We Were Here Together

Insurgency

Abyss Odyssey

Blackguards 2

Contagion

Contagion

Contagion

Contagion

A Story About My Uncle

Homefront

Saints Row 2

DreadOut

DreadOut: Keepers of The Dark

Stardust Vanguards

No Time To Explain Remastered

Divekick

Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball

Dreamfall Chapters

Shadowrun Returns

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony (not full game)

(GOG Key)  Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten

Let me know what you want and I'll PM you the games. Happy New Year ! :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:
could I have S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat please? I will have them all on Steam this way.

Do you guys think Sony bringing PlayStation games to PC will be a longterm thing? With Sony pretty much abandoning Japan and all those devs moving to Nintendo and PC, I'm considering selling my PS5 while the price is high. If Sony consistently brings their games to PC then selling it would be a no-brainer, even if I have to wait awhile to play them

Do you guys think Sony bringing PlayStation games to PC will be a longterm thing?
Probably. I saw an article where the CEO said that fewer than 30% of PC gamers owned a PS4 and only 8% own a PS5. So Sony is seeing PC as an open market for their games with very little cannibalism of their existing base, presumably because most PC gamers will just never buy a Playstation regardless of the exclusives. Their biggest shit like Spider-Man will probably remain exclusive but a lot of it will continue to trickle over after a substantial delay to keep PS ownership still attractive.

Hard to say, probably depends on the success of the releases already planned.  I personally haven't considered ps5 since there's no exclusive game I've really wanted to play.  I overpayed for a 3070 instead.  No ragrets.

Halfway through the ME Legendary trilogy right now.  I missed the $10 price mistakes but those brought the secondhand price down enough for me to buy at $15.   I forgot how much I love these games.  Though all the original bugs are still present along with several new ones.

well game pass success help show Sony their more than one way make $$$, am sure they wanted to be like nintendo consistent  high price games and low tech consoles, easy money but they pushed to be a higher end system to try get a bigger  market and set a standard of lowering prices overtime  which i did appreciate.

the issues is they lack direction and don't have the stay power mario does , it why their pushing remakes and sequels to 2-3 franchise so hard and not focusing on new IP as much. think their biggest fear is PC will just pirate thier games so thier right back to no market for cost spent  porting a game, so they wait and release old games on pc they gave away  on console, since their nothing left to take away sells and they feel it worth the cost then.

the long and short of it is yes, one day they will push more into pc. might even be more successful and go the way of sega and just make games ( doubt it ) but the world full of strange things. i just want live long enough for nintendo to be a real console again with current tech vs old tech they profit from day one maybe even lower their first party prices...

Do you guys think Sony bringing PlayStation games to PC will be a longterm thing? With Sony pretty much abandoning Japan and all those devs moving to Nintendo and PC, I'm considering selling my PS5 while the price is high. If Sony consistently brings their games to PC then selling it would be a no-brainer, even if I have to wait awhile to play them
There will be more Sony games coming to the PC and they are looking to expand their IP into other entertainment media as well. Sony has not abandoned Japan yet, they just reorganized Japan Studio into Team Asobi. Game development requires a lot of more resources than before so I guess it would made sense to merge them.

It would be a no brainer to get rid of the PS5 and just go PC if you don't mind the wait, but the only issue I see is that some games might not run as well because of the way how it is ported.
well game pass success help show Sony their more than one way make $$$, am sure they wanted to be like nintendo consistent high price games and low tech consoles, easy money but they pushed to be a higher end system to try get a bigger market and set a standard of lowering prices overtime which i did appreciate.
They missed their target subscriber growth rate by a lot, almost 50% and they said Game Pass has not been profitable yet. So it is still too early to tell if it is a success. Eventually Game Pass is expected to turn a profit so I am enjoying the benefits now before the price hike.

Sony bought-out Nixxes, which Square Enix has been using for years to do a lot of their great technical PC ports for say Deus Ex games, Hitman games, Tomb Raider games, etc etc.

So, yes - Sony's serious about PC porting, since they bought one of the best PC porting companies out there.

Plus there's the Nvidia leak, which predicted God of War 2018 well before it got officially announced.  So if the rest of the Sony games on that leak were true we could be seeing games like Demons Souls, Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Gran Turismo 7 and Ratch & Clank in the future.

No. It will mostly be older Sony games.

Sony funds first party game development in order to sell consoles and get players into their own ecosystem. PC gamers rarely spend 'new game' money anyways.

Sony bought-out Nixxes, which Square Enix has been using for years to do a lot of their great technical PC ports for say Deus Ex games, Hitman games, Tomb Raider games, etc etc.

So, yes - Sony's serious about PC porting, since they bought one of the best PC porting companies out there.
And this is the exact reason why I decided not to buy the latest generation of consoles. Sony and MS are both eventually going to release most, if not all of their greatest games on steam, so why bother.

And this is the exact reason why I decided not to buy the latest generation of consoles. Sony and MS are both eventually going to release most, if not all of their greatest games on steam, so why bother.
Yeah, I expect most of their important AAA games that cost them fortunes to develop & market will wind-up everywhere, especially when they need to get $ and refresh the SKU; and/or refresh the game by doing Complete Editions, Remasters and/or Collection Bundles.

PC gamers rarely spend 'new game' money anyways.
I don't think that's true. WE don't spend "new game money" but I know a number of people on other boards/groups who regularly say "I saw this game and it looked good so I bought it on Steam" where "game" is some $60 title not on sale. No waiting for 75% off or even seeing if it's cheaper via some other store, just go to Steam and give Gabe sixty bucks. I don't think we're representative of the greater PC gaming community.

Even right now, in the midst of the Steam sale, the top seller is a game that's not even on sale ("Ready or Not"). Granted, it's a $40 game not a $60 game but the point remains. Number 3 is Forza 5 at a whopping six bucks off. And that's a title available on Game Pass.

If a game is worth it and not too expensive I'll pay near full price if I'll play it at that moment. PC gamers don't generally blindly pre-order though although, some games pre-orders are nice, but we're not 100% sure if the port is good or such. PC gamers wont pay as much for very old stuff though and that is the truth with how many bundle sites there are out there along with sales on many storefronts.

Tomorrow = "Mystery Game" could be Salt and Sanctuary, according to the leaks list.
hfRLzj2.png

I don't know, I think we need a more unambiguous clue.

Shit I bought (or received) for Steam over Christmas:

Mass Effect Legendary Edition - This is an indie game; you've probably never heard of it

Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst - $2 on Steam, why not.  I'll probably only play 10% of it so $2 hits it just right

Half-Life: Alyx - Supposedly one of the best VR games out there and my one splurge purchase this sale

Townscaper - Low stress city “painter” versus management sim that everyone else was buying so why shouldn't I

Deep Sky Derelicts - Turn-based roguelike about looting/salvaging alien ships. Card based combat. Comicbook style art. Looks fun!  Then it was in that bundle but whatever.

Foregone - Metroidvania style platformer with gear system and other bits. Reviews compared it a lot to Dead Cells.  I never played Dead Cells but that just means I won't spend this game bitching about how it's not Dead Cells.

No Plan B - Puzzle/tactics game about setting up a SWAT team’s movement and tactics through an event to get everyone out alive. This will fall under “Games I like but really suck at”, I can feel it.

Dog Sled Saga - Sled team racing and management sim. Got this for free from a random game Fanatical coupon.

EMMA: the Story - Short visual novel (with realistic scenes vs anime) about meeting some guy while waiting on a train to meet Emma. I actually got this because I needed another 50¢ to use my $5 off $20 Fanatical coupon but it looks like it’ll be worth a couple quarters.

Valkyria Chronicles - Older game with a blend of 1930’s setting, semi-anime aesthetics and future tech. Been on my wishlist forever but never bothered to pull the trigger.  Was also part of the $5 off coupon (bought with the Oculus VR bundle)

Sea of Solitude - Stylish “experience” game about a woman facing her loneliness via a trip through a flooded city and its inhabitants.

Sally Face, Episode One: Strange Neighbors - Unsettling adventure story about a boy with a prosthetic face.

Shape of the World - Artsy first-person trek through a colorful indie fantasy world. Was "free" in the XP credit pack from GMG but is well rated and short to play so looks neat.

99Vidas - Retro-style beat 'em up. Like the above, was in GMG XP Pack

Absolute Drift - Top-down racing/puzzle game about drifting your car into the goal. Was free from GOG not too long ago but was in the same package as the last couple of games so now I own it on Steam.

Deep Rock Galactic - 4-man dwarf squads fighting/blasting their way through caves to the goal. To be honest, I used to think this was some Dwarf Fortress inspired thing (probably based on the art and lack of reading).

Trashyard - No doubt terrible game we’ll play so we can laugh at how bad it is. I bought a bunch of 50¢ copies to inflict on friends. 4 person PvP with lots of Unity assets and a farting policeman.

Home Sweet Home: Survive - Another probably bad 4vs1 asymmetric game with a monster in a house trying to eat you. Or you trying to eat the people.

Gauntlet - Updated version of the classic. A few friends bought 4-packs and I wound up with a copy. Syntax needs food badly

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 The Shadow of New Despair - Solo or Co-Op team shooter stopping space bugs and knock-off Godzilla from destroying earth.

Horror Fish Simulator - You’re a zombie who is stuck alone and needs to fish to survive. That’s the game: a fishing sim except you’re a zombie.  Amazing.

CLT - Erotic tarot reading game/experience about the female orgasm.  Nothing I add to that will explain it better.

Death On A Street Corner: Overdose Simulator - Just what it says on the tin. Live out the final minutes of a dude dying on a street corner. Merry Christmas!

Lawnmower Game: Space Fight - Race your riding lawnmower through SPACE!

Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar - Y'all remember this one? Once upon a time, some guy spent years and years making a dungeon crawling game and saying it would be the best ever. He finally released it for $40 and said he’d put it on a 10% sale for one week only and then vowed to never put it on sale again. He said his game was a labor of love, not some cheap commercial product and he didn’t want any casuals playing it; the $40 was a gatekeeping exercise for TruGamers only. Anyway, it was 99¢ on sale.

Seed of the Dead - The absolute best combination zombie FPS shooter and anime sex game currently on the market.

CHANGE: A Homeless Survival Experience - Homeless survival roguelike that probably wants to teach me important lessons and probably won’t.

inb4 "stuff I bought" [empty list] lol

Has anyone bought from Indiegala and had their order disappear? I ordered a few games with no issues, but I tried twice to buy Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition. Both times I wasn't charged, didn't receive a confirmation email, and the order doesn't appear in my order history

I can just buy the game elsewhere but I want to make sure I won't be charged by Indiegala later for two keys

I picked up and hugged the closest animal to me, a larger-than-average, red Boston terrier. She farted so loudly that the rest of the dogs promptly lost their shit and didn't stop barking for a solid 5 minutes.
My dog farts and she thinks nothing of it. I fart and she can't get away from me fast enough.

Pretty happy with my Winter haul so far:

AC: Valhalla - Stadia - $5

RDR2 - Epic/Rockstar - $10

Roguebook - Epic - $6

Post Void - Humble Gamemaker bundle - $1

Puzzle Chronicles - GMG - Free

Still trying to decide if I want to do Humble Choice for $6 and I'll probably pick up 5 games in the Build your Party bundle from Fanatical.

I  went through my purchase history and it looks like the last time I bought more than 2 games from Steam in the Winter sale was in 2011. Great job at a full decade of mediocre sales Steam.

I'm probably gonna pick up the PC version of MHW finally, and I'm debating the Fanatical deckbuilding bundle. Also somebody recommend a Lego game for someone whose only exposure so far is the PSP/Mobile version of Lego Harry Potter and who thought that was boring as fuck in spite of liking Harry Potter.

Two extra Steam codes for Yuletide Legends: Who Framed Santa Claus. It has Steam cards!

?F9G4-7GQ62-APVP5
?RJM0-L35JK-W3EX2

? = The largest one-digit number

Pumped BMX Pro - MDIGD-XB6EY-QK?RQ

--# Before 3--

Iron Fisticle - ?H7J0-MI8C8-2JI4W

--# After 3--

Ascension To The Throne - LQCEL-KGBFK-MVJV?

--# After 2--

How are you getting RDR2 for $10 when it is $30 on epic?

Pretty happy with my Winter haul so far:

AC: Valhalla - Stadia - $5

RDR2 - Epic/Rockstar - $10

Roguebook - Epic - $6

Post Void - Humble Gamemaker bundle - $1

Puzzle Chronicles - GMG - Free

Still trying to decide if I want to do Humble Choice for $6 and I'll probably pick up 5 games in the Build your Party bundle from Fanatical.

I went through my purchase history and it looks like the last time I bought more than 2 games from Steam in the Winter sale was in 2011. Great job at a full decade of mediocre sales Steam.

How are you getting RDR2 for $10 when it is $30 on epic?
Actually, it's $20 if you buy it straight-up b/c there's a $10 coupon, provided you grav that.

That's what I did, before others found a way to get it even cheaper.

Buy RDO cheap on Epic $5 (after using $10 coupon on Epic); and then buy RDR Story Mode for $5 (at discount b/c you own RDO).

More here on that - https://slickdeals.net/f/15515932-red-dead-redemption-2-pc-digital-download-9-80-after-10-epic-games-coupon?src=catpagev2

Who knows. [shrug]

I guess they might be a Special Ed for Madden 1st to celebrate the legend and then drop the name/license? Who knows. [shrug]

There's already been rumors of EA likely doing like Konami did w/ PES, possibly next year dropping the FIFA name b/c using that licenses like that can be pricey as heck. They just don't wanna pay for it anymore.

It wouldn't surprise me if EA at some point drops Madden name out of respect for family (unless everybody's cool w/ the Madden name being still used); don't wanna pay for the Madden name (I have no clue what kind of money Madden was getting for usage of his well-known name, brand, and license); both; and/or anything else you can think of.

Regardless, RIP to the legendary coach & announcer. This news is all kinds of "bleh." :(

EDIT - Since we're on Madden and licensing talk, I also wonder what kind of $ EA has to pay NFL itself and the NFLPA to use those licenses.

That's what I did, before others found a way to get it even cheaper.

Buy RDO cheap on Epic $5 (after using $10 coupon on Epic); and then buy RDR Story Mode for $5 (at discount b/c you own RDO).

More here on that - https://slickdeals.net/f/15515932-red-dead-redemption-2-pc-digital-download-9-80-after-10-epic-games-coupon?src=catpagev2
That's the current cheap way. I think people who got it cheaper were people who got in on the $1 RDO glitch back when it launched on Epic. So, if you can travel through time, that's a way to save four dollars.

I just started using steam, apparently I been had an account for years and didn't even know it. Apparently I have free games oddworld amd fallout which I dont remember. Now I'm regretting not getting other free games while they were free. Then again I dont even have a gaming PC just a basic laptop that runs mobile game. I just wanna play that bloody spell

Epic Store - Freebies:

Today = Salt & Sanctuary

Tomorrow = Mystery Games?? Leaks think it's Tomb Raider Reboot Trilogy.
So epic store been giving out free games this entire time. Is it safe to login with psn or should I use steam. Is there benefits for certain logins like psn the game will be able to play on ps for free?
Edit: Nevermind stupid ? but what's the point of linking the accounts

So epic store been giving out free games this entire time. Is it safe to login with psn or should I use steam. Is there benefits for certain logins like psn the game will be able to play on ps for free?
The only benefit I've seen to using login info from another service on egs is linking egs to ubi launcher (so that you can avoid using epic client).

Other than that, sharing/linking info from other accounts just seems like it would be an increased security hazard.

bread's done
Back