Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Maybe you weren't as poor as you think. Legos have always been insanely expensive, but are by far the least expensive now that they've ever been.

We had just a handful of pirate sets we'd be lucky to get on Christmas. One year all my brothers shared a single pirate ship, and considered it the nicest thing we'd got for Christmas.

It retailed for $110 in the 80's. That's $250 in today's money. The most comparable pirates product today is bigger, with more pieces (and no, not just smaller pieces: more value by every metric), and retails for $100 in today's money.

The classic creative buckets, with 790 pieces, retail for $60 and are usually around $40 on Amazon. You can go up to 1500 pieces for just $74 retail. Legos are less expensive than ever.
He may be talking about the resale market. Many older, out of print lego sets are very expensive to buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdRLNUGmFC8
I was aware of all of the insane detail Valve put into the L4D series from listening to the developer commentary in-game. And I knew Turtle Rock (especially after Evolve) wasn't in possession of some magic game development talisman, but rather stumbled upon a good basis for a game. But that video really did a great job of hammering home the difference between the average game developer and one that understands how to make great games.

I ended up just picking up Demon's Tilt as I've had it on my wishlist for a while now.

I'm sure it'll now end up in a bundle, but it's not on Gamepass.

If I get a couple hours of nostalgia out of it (I played Devil's Crush and Alien Crush on PC Engine/Turbographics 16), I'll be happy with the purchase.
It actually was on Game Pass back on release but left after a year. Didn't play much but I enjoyed it. Such a good aesthetic. Completely forgot it was on GP back when I got my monitor so I regret not trying it out in TATE mode.

He may be talking about the resale market. Many older, out of print lego sets are very expensive to buy.
Yeah, I don't think that's what he's talking about.

"What's up with these baseball cards, back in my day you could go into the corner store and buy the mickey mantle rookie card with a pack of gum for a nickle. How could kids ever afford gum these days if it costs $5.2 million?"

Last edited by a moderator:
cross posted in the humble thread:

if anyone wants any of the trash fine quality products that have been sitting in my keys for any number of years let me know.

Battle Islands Commanders - E3 Exclusive Crate
Call of Duty®: WWII - Call of Duty Endowment Bravery Pack
Call of Duty®: WWII - Call of Duty Endowment Fear Not Pack
Evergarden
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition
HAWKEN – Prosk Starter Bundle
Hacknet
I'm not a Monster
Kingdom: New Lands
Life Is Strange™ - Episode 1
Metrico+
Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
Outward - Soundtrack
Oxenfree
Purrfect Date - Visual Novel/Dating Simulator
Riders of Icarus E3 Heroic Ranger's Fury Pack
Rock of Ages 2 – Classic Pack
SNOW Pro Pack
Shoppe Keep
Snake Pass
Splasher
Super Rude Bear Resurrection
The Corporate Machine
The Political Machine 2016
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers

The King's Castle in 1985 cost $43 for 664 pcs.  That's $122 in 2021 dollars.

Lego Hogsmeade Village (Harry Potter) costs $80 on Amazon right now for 851 pcs

The 427 pc Galaxy Commander Set was also $43 in 1985 so, again $122 in adjusted dollars.  Guess you weren't exactly paying per piece.

That and some more lazy browsing leads me to believe that Legos are less expensive these days.  But this has nothing much to do with what someone's parents were making those days.  For one thing, housing costs, education and medical were much lower so you could be significantly poorer in raw adjusted income and still have more money to put towards Christmas.  Also, people tended to throw away or garage sale more stuff then as opposed to people being convinced that their storage box of Legos is a retirement fund so someone could collect a bunch of random mixed Legos for cheap/free.

(Also, I'm basing this off sets I remember from way back when.  If you're some dirty Millennial kid, go find your own Sears Wishbook archives)

gAYjtn3.png

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

N1YHwIw.png

Legos are absolutely more affordable now than they were in the 90s when you take inflation into account.   The only outliers now are all of the $199-$299+ premiums sets and collections, ones that often have royalty fees associated with their costs. 

One thing is for certain though, Legos are absolutely thriving during this booming 'stay-at-home' economy.  Lego has really upped the quality of their merchandising, their associated brand name crossovers, premium lines, and the general appeal of their products.  They remodeled about half the Target stores in my area two years ago to feature Legos more prominently with boutique style shopping displays.  The sell-through is impressive. 

Good deal on Bravely Default II

also Cheapfox, Soy Link, and some of those loosers in that hoard feelings discord group are online bullies, harassers, liars, and pretty evil IMO.

Funny I used to play cards with an asshole that called himself Jesus too.

I will be starting a real discord for gamers and artists eventually.

Hope you will join MysterD.

if anyone wants any of the trash fine quality products that have been sitting in my keys for any number of years let me know.
Could I get UAYEB? Also, I might as well ask for Puss, since now might be the only time I have even a remote chance of getting it.

I was aware of all of the insane detail Valve put into the L4D series from listening to the developer commentary in-game. And I knew Turtle Rock (especially after Evolve) wasn't in possession of some magic game development talisman, but rather stumbled upon a good basis for a game. But that video really did a great job of hammering home the difference between the average game developer and one that understands how to make great games.
Yeah, I thought I was being overly harsh when I played the beta and then final version of Back 4 Blood and found it to be severely disappointing … but that video shows that I’m not entirely crazy and it really was a huge step back. That’s a shame because L4D was one of the best multiplayer game experiences I think I’ve ever had.

Yeah, I thought I was being overly harsh when I played the beta and then final version of Back 4 Blood and found it to be severely disappointing … but that video shows that I’m not entirely crazy and it really was a huge step back. That’s a shame because L4D was one of the best multiplayer game experiences I think I’ve ever had.
Yeah, I tried B4B and after a hour I went and bought L4D2 again.

Action Henk
BATTLESLOTHS
Bastion Steam Key
Chasm
Cursed Castilla (Maldita Castilla EX)
DreadOut Soundtrack & Manga DLC
Else Heart.Break()
Endless Space - Collection
Evergarden
Fallen Enchantress
Flat Kingdom Paper's Cut Edition
Fluffy Horde
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online - First Connection Crate
GoNNER - Press Jump To Die Edition
Goodbye Deponia

Gotham City Impostors Free to Play: Professional Impostor Kit
Gyromancer
Hacknet
I'm not a Monster
JYDGE
Kathy Rain
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Metrico+
Mr. Shifty
N++ (NPLUSPLUS)
Nongünz
Outward - Soundtrack
Oxenfree
Oxenfree
Puss!
Q.U.B.E. 2
Rollers of the Realm
SNOW Pro Pack
Saints Row 2
Shoppe Keep
Slime-san
Snake Pass
Sniper Elite
Sonic Adventure 2
SpellForce 3 Beta Access
Splasher
The Corporate Machine
The Darkness II
The Final Station
The Walking Dead
Tumblestone
UAYEB
Windward
Wuppo
The Darkness II, Fluffy Horde, The Final Station.
That would be my final haul. PLZ!

Legos have always been expensive but it was easier to find Lego sets and other toys on sale at places like Sears or Wal-Mart and sticking them back for Christmas in the 80s than it is these days too.  There were not hordes of resellers and online forums causing sale/clearance items to be grabbed up instantly.  My parents were always big on keeping boxes stuff came in so when I finally decided to sell my Star Wars stuff I had boxes for most of the larger toys and almost all of them had stickers on the boxes where they had been marked down.  I remember having a conversation with my mother at one point about how she used to have to watch year-round for toys and have them stored until bdays/xmas.   

I'll get back to the requests tomorrow but anyone that posted here or pm'd I think there haven't been any repeats so it's working out nicely

Here's some bundle fodder keys. Posted them elsewhere first so unsure of which ones are still usable but have at it. 

LOVE 2: kuso Z3VPR-AZA95-MIGM3

Verlet Swing J9NBX-HELG2-F99VK

Automachef 7R9TX-LGXI3-6NQZK

Levelhead MPDZC-2Q6L2-X3TI0

Hob QD2WA-T69C3-5J4WM

Mindustry 6KVBT-KD60Z-6P5AC

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition LHRB2-J6MY6-TZ8VK

King's Bounty: Warriors of the North 6YGX0-BJ4CW-0T0E7

Transport INC KT57B-KZEWL-8DBBC

Good deal on Bravely Default II

also Cheapfox, Soy Link, and some of those loosers in that hoard feelings discord group are online bullies, harassers, liars, and pretty evil IMO.

Funny I used to play cards with an asshole that called himself Jesus too.

I will be starting a real discord for gamers and artists eventually.

Hope you will join MysterD.
I briefly glanced at the discord to see what was up with this. I'm... not sure?

Windward, DreadOut DLC, Bastion, and Fallen Enchantress if still available. Thanks in advance!

Action Henk
BATTLESLOTHS
Bastion Steam Key
Chasm
Cursed Castilla (Maldita Castilla EX)
DreadOut Soundtrack & Manga DLC
Else Heart.Break()
Endless Space - Collection
Evergarden
Fallen Enchantress
Flat Kingdom Paper's Cut Edition
Fluffy Horde
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex First Assault Online - First Connection Crate
GoNNER - Press Jump To Die Edition
Goodbye Deponia
Gotham City Impostors Free to Play: Professional Impostor Kit
Gyromancer
Hacknet
I'm not a Monster
JYDGE
Kathy Rain
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Metrico+
Mr. Shifty
N++ (NPLUSPLUS)
Nongünz
Outward - Soundtrack
Oxenfree
Oxenfree
Puss!
Q.U.B.E. 2
Rollers of the Realm
SNOW Pro Pack
Saints Row 2
Shoppe Keep
Slime-san
Snake Pass
Sniper Elite
Sonic Adventure 2
SpellForce 3 Beta Access
Splasher
The Corporate Machine
The Darkness II
The Final Station
The Walking Dead
Tumblestone
UAYEB
Windward
Wuppo

Here's some bundle fodder keys. Posted them elsewhere first so unsure of which ones are still usable but have at it.

LOVE 2: kuso Z3VPR-AZA95-MIGM3

Verlet Swing J9NBX-HELG2-F99VK

Automachef 7R9TX-LGXI3-6NQZK

Levelhead MPDZC-2Q6L2-X3TI0

Hob QD2WA-T69C3-5J4WM

Mindustry 6KVBT-KD60Z-6P5AC

Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition LHRB2-J6MY6-TZ8VK

King's Bounty: Warriors of the North 6YGX0-BJ4CW-0T0E7

Transport INC KT57B-KZEWL-8DBBC
I used Automachef. King's Bounty was used. Thanks!

-snip-
N++ and Nongunz, if either still available. Thanks :3

-Edit- Thank you kindly, my good CAG ^^

I've updated my original list and think i got all the requests out.  if i missed yours PM me.  still plenty up for grabs...better in your backlog than my key library!

I don't even care much about the China stuff. All Epic has to do is stop buying exclusives and I'll happily make an account, as I'm sure plenty of others will. Until then they can go fuck themselves

I don't even care much about the China stuff. All Epic has to do is stop buying exclusives and I'll happily make an account, as I'm sure plenty of others will. Until then they can go fuck themselves
Sooo … you hate them for something that Microsoft and Sony have been doing for years? 🤔

Sooo … you hate them for something that Microsoft and Sony have been doing for years?
Even if you took that as a 1:1 example... so what? There's room for more than one company to do the same shitty things. This is a PC oriented thread though so people talk about the PC oriented examples. And, in the PC space, Microsoft has been releasing stuff on Steam rather than making it exclusive through their game store and Sony has been releasing their previous console exclusives. Not really a great argument.

I don't blame dev's and pub's for taking whatever Fortnite-like moneybags that Uncle Tim Sweeney Moneybags wants to toss at them. Game development, publishing and marketing ain't cheap & all.

So, if something like FF7 Remake Intergrade is going to released in an Early Access style to PC and released in a poor PC port, only for it to get released on Steam and GOG some one year later in a patched-up and pristine state (b/c a user-reviews, so they have to get the game fixed-up before it hits on Steam) - then cool; it'll be best to buy cheap and/or buy later...likely when it hits Steam.

Same w/ Incomplete Ed's. If a game's going to put on Epic for a year or so and have its DLC's/expansions sold there, only for a Complete Edition to wind-up on Steam & GOG say quite a bit later - then "cool"; Think MechWarrior 5 and Control. I don't wanna always do the expansion/DLC chasing game. 

Both of them release their games on Steam though...?

Unless you're talking about consoles, in which case, I think you got the wrong thread
Think about how long Halo wasn’t on Steam. Microsoft and Sony have only recently started releasing their modern titles on Steam. They have a good 15-20 year leg up on Epic, so I don’t fault a company for buying exclusives for their platform. You can still play them on any PC, just download the friggin client.

Imagine if Google had any decent Stadia exclusives … might have actually succeeded. Instead it’s dying a slow and pointless death.

Imagine if Google had any decent Stadia exclusives … might have actually succeeded. Instead it’s dying a slow and pointless death.
I can't imagine anyone saying this in a serious manner... Stadia's biggest issue was the tech and nothing was going to save it from that.

Oh, and it did have some exclusive games...

Sony completely funds first party studios and lets them operate autonomously.
Likewise with examples like Halo. No one is saying that Epic needs to put Fortnite on Steam (or Portal on Epic), it's the buying out rights on games not under their development that people object to. But comparisons to consoles are innately flawed anyway because Steam doesn't equal Xbox, PC equals Xbox. They're hardware platforms. Steam and Epic and Origin and MS Game store, etc are stores/clients. A console equivalent would be something like Sony selling exclusive distribution rights for its Spider-Man games to Gamestop to hold a monopoly on versus them being competitively sold through Gamestop, Amazon, Target and a bunch of other places.

Reposting the leftovers - it's a free for all!!!  Take this junk before it rots in my account forever!!!

Hacknet
I'm not a Monster
SNOW Pro Pack
Shoppe Keep

I can't imagine anyone saying this in a serious manner... Stadia's biggest issue was the tech and nothing was going to save it from that.

Oh, and it did have some exclusive games...
Streaming tech will probably be the future … they were just too early and didn’t have any GOOD exclusives …

bread's done
Back