Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Pretty good joke that I wouldn't have posted in here except for the recent discussion.

UOU8SqG.jpg

...But this is a gaming topic. What 40 different gaming services do you want that are comparable to Game Pass?
Playstation Plus

Uplay+

EA All Access

Big Fish Bowl o' Fun

Ren'Py Bookshelf

Artifex Mundi Attic of Grandma Games

Capsule's Stuff We Bought Back

Paradox Nothin' But DLC Biblioteque

WB Batman Bag

itch.io Fun Roulette

GameBillet Legitimacy Ticket

RPG Maker Jamboree

I was going to jump in earlier, but I wasn't trying to start an argument with you. But you'd be surprised how much money some of us make with our video game investments. Things like this were purchased for $299 just a year and half ago. I have multiple games listed for $200+ currently. You simply have to know what to buy and be willing to part with some things.

We're not all Gamestop bums jumping through hoops for $3 at a time. Buying certain editions are absolutely an investment as long as you know what to buy. Such as Zelda collector's editions. We collect physical for a reason. Plus I only buy the stuff I really like.

Collecting isn't for you; that's fine. But you seem quite intolerant of it and don't really seem to understand why so many people do it. It can fund an entire year of new games, and even pay for new consoles or hardware.
Say less bro, I got you

https://www.indeed.com

Playstation Plus

Uplay+

EA All Access

Big Fish Bowl o' Fun

Ren'Py Bookshelf

Artifex Mundi Attic of Grandma Games

Capsule's Stuff We Bought Back

Paradox Nothin' But DLC Biblioteque

WB Batman Bag

itch.io Fun Roulette

GameBillet Legitimacy Ticket

RPG Maker Jamboree

Humble Choice already forgotten, as well.

Dark times.

Part of that is supply chain related
Because Sony gave up on Japan this gen and hardly sent them any consoles. Hence, Nintendo owns Japan now

Even Dragon Quest XI got a Switch port, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next one releases first on a Nintendo system

And I'm getting a Steam deck but it will have zero impact on Switch sales

To get back on topic...

Yes, I would like a little bread/sauce/cheese with my pepperonis... just a little tho...I'm on a diet.

Q7zXr8N.png

To get back on topic...

Yes, I would like a little bread/sauce/cheese with my pepperonis... just a little tho...I'm on a diet.

Q7zXr8N.png
Extra-Extra Pepperoni, hold the crust?

Who's going to figure out how to make a pizza crust out of a giant pepperoni?

Last edited by a moderator:
CoD on game pass will be a game changer. And you better believe they will be exclusive to Xbox and PC now - MS didn't drop $70 billion to make games for its biggest competitor

With MS now owning the west and Nintendo owning Japan, it seems like Sony is getting squeezed out. Square-Enix might play ball for timed exclusives, but not complete exclusivity. And Atlus still loves Sony for some reason even though they shunned Japan, but even they're starting to put games on more platforms
Atlus has been putting stuff on nintendo platforms longer than they have sony ones. And originally from what I understand they started out on pc. persona seems to stick to sony systems though while main line smt is mostly nintendo these days. Etrian like persona q 1 & 2 and strikers aside of course.

No, it's more an approach on how games would be developed and designed if subscription services would become the normal. We already know that the rise of subs, to include streaming, has impacted both video and music development, thus games would be no different.

Games that can be easily consumed within a subscription window would likely die off unless there's sustained proof that they can make more money being on a sub platform than standalone. Non-subsidized, to be clear, as "free money" goes away when market share dominance is reached.

Larger titles will either build to create gameloops that last longer than the sub window (thus forcing a purchase convert), create subscription limited versions (see Godfall on PSN+ this month), or vastly increase monetization schemes further (NFTs, ahoy!).

So if you're thinking it just from your pocket book stand point, yea, I guess it can be a good deal. For now. But in the long run, big picture, it's not great to absolutely awful.

These companies never do anything that's a "good deal" to you and I. They are legally required to hold the interest of shareholders as the highest regard, and the require continuous growth. Forever. They wouldn't be making and pushing subs if there wasn't some way to extract more gaming dollars from either more people (which has saturation limits) or more from people who do game (which has less limits).

So, no, I don't think CAGs should be for subs. Short sighted completely.
Not entirely. The biggest money maker is just from the subs system themselves. Large amounts of people fall into the set it and forget it subscription system traps. Its how gyms make the majority of their money. Until it swells to their heads like gamestop and sonys did they'll keep them feature filled and moderately priced just because they make more money the more subs they can get. If they push people away by removing features like ps+ larger free sets of games and cross buy titles, or gamestops 5$ reward working on eshop and such currency then it will only negatively impact them. The only thing they might be able to get away with is a minor price increase.

Even moreso if they then offer discounted months/trials on top of the price jump.

Because Sony gave up on Japan this gen and hardly sent them any consoles. Hence, Nintendo owns Japan now

Even Dragon Quest XI got a Switch port, so I wouldn't be surprised if the next one releases first on a Nintendo system

And I'm getting a Steam deck but it will have zero impact on Switch sales
You must not be familar with the dq series too much otherwise you'd notice it's mostly stuck to nintendo platforms in the past. dq 9 ds, dq10 mmo wiiu only iirc, dq11 was multiplat with 3ds and ps4 but they didn't localize the 3ds version for whatever reasons. then they ported 4 5 6 to the ds, 7 8 to the 3ds, 1-3 got switch ports semi recently.

All the more confusing is that they did the switch port of 11 then ported it to the ps4 as well and delisted the original version.

Honestly the entire thing was just a mess. Had they localized them both they would have gotten double the money from me as I was originally gonna get both versions.

I was going to jump in earlier, but I wasn't trying to start an argument with you. But you'd be surprised how much money some of us make with our video game investments. Things like this were purchased for $299 just a year and half ago. I have multiple games listed for $200+ currently.
I have no idea how you made the jump from "Spotify is neat" to "Let me brag about my high priced stuff" but... ok? They're still going to make fancy Xbox variants and resin statuettes even if media subscriptions ruin the entire world.

Collecting isn't for you; that's fine. But you seem quite intolerant of it and don't really seem to understand why so many people do it.
I assume they do it for the same reason people collect sports stuff or ceramic figurines or luxury handbags or small stuffed animals or comic books: some intersection between "I like this stuff" and "I think this stuff has and/or will increase in value". I don't really give a shit what you collect. And I really have no idea why you took a comment about Spotify (or Game Pass) and spun it into some weird stealthbrag "I pay for all my games with high value collectible flips" thing.

I have no idea how you made the jump from "Spotify is neat" to "Let me brag about my high priced stuff" but... ok? They're still going to make fancy Xbox variants and resin statuettes even if media subscriptions ruin the entire world.

I assume they do it for the same reason people collect sports stuff or ceramic figurines or luxury handbags or small stuffed animals or comic books: some intersection between "I like this stuff" and "I think this stuff has and/or will increase in value". I don't really give a shit what you collect. And I really have no idea why you took a comment about Spotify (or Game Pass) and spun it into some weird stealthbrag "I pay for all my games with high value collectible flips" thing.
You've made numerous comments, here and in the past, about the frivolity of buying physical games.

I responded once.

You've made numerous comments, here and in the past, about the frivolity of buying physical games.

I responded once.
This was obviously more memorable to you than it was to me but whatever. Doesn't really explain why you jumped into an exchange about streaming subs to talk about how much your video game collection is worth but I'm glad you finally got it out and can let the healing begin.

Surely you're not suggesting that people not use Game Pass because it might one day disrupt your own ability to flip PS5 limited-edition steelcases? Because that's the only tenuous connection I can make of all this.

This was obviously more memorable to you than it was to me but whatever. Doesn't really explain why you jumped into an exchange about streaming subs to talk about how much your video game collection is worth but I'm glad you finally got it out and can let the healing begin.

Surely you're not suggesting that people not use Game Pass because it might one day disrupt your own ability to flip PS5 limited-edition steelcases? Because that's the only tenuous connection I can make of all this.
see previous post.

let's move on, shall we?

You seem to having a conversation with yourself, so sure. Next time you need to show off your fat gaming gains, you can just do that. Don't need to pin it to some unrelated post.

I remember when I used to post here people would call me a troll and report me to mods to try to force me to leave. I hope everyone can see how sad this place has become since I've moved on to better things. You guys were the trolls all along. If anyone else is tired of this toxic community, come join me at the PCGamer forums.

When two adults want to squabble over their opinions about ravioli, I just scroll and stop for the pizza shots.

It's different when a user here gives people constant grief over their decision to say, pay $699.99 msrp for a rtx 3080. Man those comments haven't aged well.

If you haven't tried it, Secret Aardvark sauce is pretty bomb on pizza. Frank's was the easy go to, but Aardvark kicks it up a notch with a different and stronger flavor with more heat.

When two adults want to squabble over their opinions about ravioli, I just scroll and stop for the pizza shots.
It's different when a user here gives people constant grief over their decision to say, pay $699.99 msrp for a rtx 3080. Man those comments haven't aged well.
I mean that $700 GPU is now $1500, so I was right. You play nice with greedy corporations and they only take more and more. It's you guys fault I had to buy an Alienware and I hate you all for that.

I mean that $700 GPU is now $1500, so I was right. You play nice with greedy corporations and they only take more and more. It's you guys fault I had to buy an Alienware and I hate you all for that.
If you don't mind me asking - what are the specs on your Alienware rig?

If you don't mind me asking - what are the specs on your Alienware rig?
Initially it was:

5600x
6800XT
8GB RAM
1 TB HDD
1000W PSU

Upgraded that to:

5600x
6800XT
32GB RAM
1 TB Gen 3 NVME
1 TB SSD
5TB HDD
1000W PSU

Just recently moved it all to a new case and have:

5600x
6800XT
32GB RAM
1TB Gen 4 NVME
1TB Gen 3 NVME
1TB SSD
10TB Total of HDD
850W PSU

The cooling was terrible in Alienware case. Dropped temps by 20-30 degrees with the case swap.

To think, if the sheeple hadn't been so eager to suck on big GPU's greedy teat, I would have been happy just upgrading my GPU.

5600x
6800XT
32GB RAM

1TB Gen 4 NVME
1TB Gen 3 NVME
1TB SSD
10TB Total of HDD
850W PSU

The cooling was terrible in Alienware case. Dropped temps by 20-30 degrees with the case swap.

To think, if the sheeple hadn't been so eager to suck on big GPU's greedy teat, I would have been happy just upgrading my GPU.
Oh, yeah - that's some boss-like stuff right there w/ 6800XT, 32GB RAM, nice amount of SSD space, and tons of HDD space. That's what I'm talking about!

EDIT - Oh, may I ask what case you moved it to? That's great, that you killed so many degrees on the swap.

Atlus has been putting stuff on nintendo platforms longer than they have sony ones. And originally from what I understand they started out on pc. persona seems to stick to sony systems though while main line smt is mostly nintendo these days. Etrian like persona q 1 & 2 and strikers aside of course.
You must not be familar with the dq series too much otherwise you'd notice it's mostly stuck to nintendo platforms in the past. dq 9 ds, dq10 mmo wiiu only iirc, dq11 was multiplat with 3ds and ps4 but they didn't localize the 3ds version for whatever reasons. then they ported 4 5 6 to the ds, 7 8 to the 3ds, 1-3 got switch ports semi recently.
All the more confusing is that they did the switch port of 11 then ported it to the ps4 as well and delisted the original version.

Honestly the entire thing was just a mess. Had they localized them both they would have gotten double the money from me as I was originally gonna get both versions.
I don't know why you triple posted to quote me information from the 80s and 90s but whatever. Of course I know DQ1 through 6 and all the MegaTen games came out on the Famicom and Super Famicom, but those were before Sony even made consoles and are hardly relevant today

With Atlus I was referring to Persona, which has always been Sony besides some spinoffs and the random P4G Steam port. With DQ I was referring to the fact that even a more graphically-intense game like DQ11 gets a definitive Switch port, and since DQ is all Japan, they're gonna follow the money that's there (Nintendo). Most Japanese kids don't even know what a PlayStation is

I don't know why you triple posted to quote me information from the 80s and 90s but whatever. Of course I know DQ1 through 6 and all the MegaTen games came out on the Famicom and Super Famicom, but those were before Sony even made consoles and are hardly relevant today

With Atlus I was referring to Persona, which has always been Sony besides some spinoffs and the random P4G Steam port. With DQ I was referring to the fact that even a more graphically-intense game like DQ11 gets a definitive Switch port, and since DQ is all Japan, they're gonna follow the money that's there (Nintendo). Most Japanese kids don't even know what a PlayStation is
Dragon Quest on Nintendo ain't nothing new. The original DS even had the major DQ game exclusive to it and many remakes and spinoffs. There's been more DQ games on Nintendo systems over the past few generations than Sony. I can understand if you're only familiar with the past generation of gaming and don't know the whole history of the series.

I remember when I used to post here people would call me a troll and report me to mods to try to force me to leave. I hope everyone can see how sad this place has become since I've moved on to better things. You guys were the trolls all along. If anyone else is tired of this toxic community, come join me at the PCGamer forums.
Who is this now?

Who are you?
You're right, I never introduced myself. My name is Fred. I'm a bailbondsman from southern California. I was wondering who he was because he came in here insulting the forum and then leaving and telling us to read PC Gamer magazine or whatever, which I didn't realize still existed. Just curious if he's an important person in this thread or whatever. But nice to meet you.

You're right, I never introduced myself. My name is Fred. I'm a bailbondsman from southern California. I was wondering who he was because he came in here insulting the forum and then leaving and telling us to read PC Gamer magazine or whatever, which I didn't realize still existed. Just curious if he's an important person in this thread or whatever. But nice to meet you.
Na, you're obviously a formerly banned member.

I was wondering who he was because he came in here insulting the forum and then leaving and telling us to read PC Gamer magazine or whatever, which I didn't realize still existed.
CGW is the magazine that you want to read. I still remember the demo disk that had Warlords Battlecry on it. I sunk so many hours into that one map and two races.

Initially it was:

5600x
6800XT
8GB RAM
1 TB HDD
1000W PSU

Upgraded that to:

5600x
6800XT
32GB RAM
1 TB Gen 3 NVME
1 TB SSD
5TB HDD
1000W PSU

5600x
6800XT
32GB RAM
1TB Gen 4 NVME
1TB Gen 3 NVME
1TB SSD
10TB Total of HDD
850W PSU

You won’t post your time spy

bread's done
Back