Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
If you got Not For Broadcast via Humble Choice a few months back and were waiting for the full release before starting it, you're in luck: It left early access today. Even better: The game is well-written, hilarious, and absolutely fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
TL;DW It's an 8GB 1660ti with DLSS and ray tracing
Ray tracing that is mostly pointless and will have market prices between $350 and $500. The RX 6600 is available and around $430-450 these days in USA and a far better card.

Sad state of affairs. From the numbers its not great but tolerable at $250. Anything above $400 is a joke.

It's just crazy how we are getting less for more with everything, including graphics cards.  "xxxx is bad because COVID".  The new and used car markets being one of the biggest examples.  That is ALL due to a giant supply shortage in new cars, and our reliance on China (and Taiwanese chips), from failed 'Just-in-Time' inventory systems.  Which has trickled all the way down to the used car market, making them +37% more expensive and an all-time high, because fewer people are selling their old cars now. 

The rise in beef costs has been a direct byproduct of the record setting profits during 2021 from the four major players in the US beef industry.  They are charging more because they can.  Tyson meats paid a $221 million price fixing settlement from last year while admitting zero wrongdoing. 

It's not easy at all but consumers need to wait all this stuff out and try purchasing (or keeping) other alternatives wherever they can. 

Who would have thought expatriating all of our industrial capacity could have any downsides?

Yeah I want a graphics card too but I'm not willing to spend about $1000 more than its worth. I'll just be patient and play on lower settings for now. Hopefully it will get better.

Ride or die, my "bad price to performance ratio" RTX 2080, at this point.

Also, the consoles kinda kick serious ass for price to performance, as well.

The real kicker will be the Steam Deck.  More so if the dock they build has some fancy, low-latency extra upscaling.  That thing is also going to be one of the best value devices for handheld PC gaming and emulation.   Looking forward to it.

Speaking of emulation, the handheld emulation device has really exploded over the past few years, with a glut of old phone chips being a dime a dozen to acquire.  If you're into that sorta thing, you can pick up a pretty robust little device for under $100 or so.

It's all Biden's fault if we're being completely honest with ourselves.
maxresdefault.jpg

(Mitt's claim to fame is making billions at Bain Capital through outsourcing manufacturing overseas for decades)

Speaking of emulation, the handheld emulation device has really exploded over the past few years, with a glut of old phone chips being a dime a dozen to acquire. If you're into that sorta thing, you can pick up a pretty robust little device for under $100 or so.
I modded my PSP for emulation about a year ago (and will likely be doing the same to my 3DS soon), and while I’ve been kinda sorta tempted by the N64 and Dreamcast emulators some of the higher end dedicated handheld emulation devices have, there’s not a whole lot else those systems can pull off that I can’t do on handhelds I already own. I’d probably need PS2 emulation to get me to go in on something like that, and it doesn’t seem like that’s happening any time soon. The surprising potential for Saturn emulation on the Switch may convince me to wait till the Switch comes down to a price I’m actually willing to pay, though that’s probably not going to be for a few years because of all these chip shenanigans.

THANKS OBAMA.

Ride or die, my "bad price to performance ratio" RTX 2080, at this point.

Also, the consoles kinda kick serious ass for price to performance, as well.

The real kicker will be the Steam Deck. More so if the dock they build has some fancy, low-latency extra upscaling. That thing is also going to be one of the best value devices for handheld PC gaming and emulation. Looking forward to it.

Speaking of emulation, the handheld emulation device has really exploded over the past few years, with a glut of old phone chips being a dime a dozen to acquire. If you're into that sorta thing, you can pick up a pretty robust little device for under $100 or so.
Definitely interested in the steam deck down the road assuming it works well with the stuff I want to play. As I have a number of titles I'd play during my 35-1hr commute to work. Usually I just end up playing a nintendo handheld title or something on the switch. If nothing else I'd play a couple of the solitaire and mahjongs I got from bundles/freebies. But turn based stuff would definitely be doable bare minimum.

Thank God that I needed a new desktop back in November 2021, when I did. Thank God I pulled the trigger when I did.

Yeah, especially even more so since my SC 1060 laptop mobo' died back around...last August, I think it was? I'd be dead in water on new stuff and be further into BacklogVille w/ my i7 950/GTX 970 desktop and my Acer laptop (Haswell i7/960m laptop), if it wasn't for this mess.

No regrets on grabbing that CyberPower custom build loaded w/ a RTX 3070 8gb, when that GPU component inside was $400 - card itself was $100 off the $500 then MSRP during that Black Friday - and w/ so many other parts inside on sale totaling around $600 off, I just jumped, as I had this thing configured below my high-point (i.e. $2000). I'd hate to see what some custom-builders & prefabs might be charging these days, price-gouging and all on these GPU's now - nevermind the GPU-flippers on Ebay or wherever.

I feel for anyone trying to get a GPU now that needs one; this market's screwed-up. Pricing to import to US can't help - I saw Jensen of NVidia a bit ago on Kramer's Mad Money, complaining containers loaded w/ GPU's used to cost around $1k to bring here before COVID, so now it's around $10k to bring a whole container here.

And also miners/scalpers/flippers/retailers/bots ordering tons up ain't helping matters either. The demand don't help either, as I'm sure some 9xx and 10xx owners been holding out for a while, waiting for something like the 3xxx series since many were disappointed w/ round one of RTX on the 2xxx series. And I'm sure this insane demand also causes prices to soar too. I'm sure this stuff ain't cheap for them to make, created, R&D, and all of that stuff either - but let's be real, they (NVidia & AMD) also know the market sucks and are also taking advantage of the complete situation w/ COVID, miners, scalpers, flippers, etc etc; they're, more or less, doing bare minimum here & slapping these cards out there at high prices.

If you can now get one - yeah, even at high prices - it's like winning the PowerBall lottery. 

I mean - really, a xx50 class card is THIS price? And it's still not surpassing the 2060, performance-wise? Yeah, give me a break.

This whole thing stinks for PC gamers flat-out. 

I built a i7-6700k with a GTX 1070 over 5 years ago and it's still playing pretty much everything I need at 1080/60 FPS.  The annoying thing is that I have monitors that can do 1440 with 165Hz support now, so I've been on the lookout for a card for the last 2 years in the hope that I could build a new system to raise the resolution and refresh rates.  

I would love to find something, but I just refuse to pay double MSRP because of that.   

So for now, I just keep clicking the buy now button at Best Buy every week when they pop online, wait 30 minutes, see they're out of stock... then wait another week for the same process again.  

I feel for anyone trying to get a GPU now that needs one; this market's screwed-up. Pricing to import to US can't help - I saw Jensen of NVidia a bit ago on Kramer's Mad Money, complaining containers loaded w/ GPU's used to cost around $1k to bring here before COVID, so now it's around $10k to bring a whole container here.

Considering how many cards fit into a container, what's that, a $2-3 increase per card?

Shuffle has four cards up at $249 then climbing.  Highest is Drunk Asus with a $489 ROG STRIX 3-Fan model because Asus.

I fully expect this to be the new normal.  Without some sort of significant economic event that completely collapses the "alternative asset class" that is crypto (and related blockchain boondoggles), you're going to see increased demand.  Coupled with an overall sour economy driving scalping as being a reliably profitable venture, high aftermarket pricing is just the normal. 

If you have time and patience to trade, what psumani is doing is what it will take.  Have cash on hand and wait several months.  It's how I got my PS5 and I imagine its how you will have to time PC upgrades in the future.  Or be lucky and get in on some waiting list, like EVGA (if they bring it back), and just wait without the constant search.  Likely longer, but more guaranteed.

Without a significant shakeup, the fab supply chain is in tatters and any single event will halt or negate recovery efforts.  From tsunamis in the Pacific, political instabilities between great powers, or even labor strikes in transportation on either end of the logistics network, you're going to have a long, hard road to any semblance of recovery.  Given that natural disasters are more and more likely on a significant scale, I really think you better take care of what you have much more these days.  That goes for more than just PC parts.  Buy durable stuff that lasts a long time, even at a premium.

137029666-tin-foil-hat-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

Epic Game Store.

Freebies:

This Week:

Daemon X Machina

- And 3 DxM DLC's.

(Probably easiest to add the 3 DLC's to your Wishlist & then add them all to Cart in one swoop).

Next Week:

- Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair.

Lunar Sale:

- Lunar Sale is in effect for those wanting to spend $ over @ Epic.

- $10 Coupon is in effect again (for $14.99 and over purchases). :)

- $10 Coupon do NOT repeat in this sale. :'(

disco elysium is six bucks, anyone recommend?

i'm also thinking about biting the bullet on darkest dungeon two, but i'm hoping it comes to steam eventually

disco elysium is six bucks, anyone recommend?
If you love great writing, prose, story, characters, decision-making, and solving a mystery & a half - it's great. An absolute steal for $6.

One of my favorite CRPG's since Planescape: Torment.

Well, my computer is fucked... keep getting a something is important is missing error. Going back to the old video card produces the same error.

I don't think there's any point in troubleshooting more than I have... its all old. RAM is 6 years old, one of the SSD 6 years old, the other 9. Video card is again 6 years old though closee to 7. PSU 8.5 years old and I suspect the CPU/MB is about that age too... I don't have access to my orders at Microcenter.

All the above is an issue no doubt but looking at my power supply, it takes its time spinning up... Like it starts and then stops a few times before spinning up. Wjich is just very disconcerting... and as big as my case is getting in it, and working in it just isn't fun anymore.

Anyhow, that PC I was watching on eBay just had a price reduction to 2K and the previously had interest over 12 or 24 payments but today when I loaded up the cart there's was no interest.

So, yeah. Pre-built for me.

It's a MSI Agies RS for anyone curious.

Thanks for pointing out the Neon Abyss DLC. I missed the previous one free so had to buy it on sale, but not this one! I've looked through 3 storefronts Lunar DLC (Fanatical, GMG, Humble), and they're all similar and kind of stink haha. There are decent prices on older games, but nothing amazing. I'm likely picking up some NISA games (Firefly and Rose whatever) to play on PC and sell my Vita copies. Epic has some of the better things on sale, along with Steam, but I'm not sure I'm loving the prices or one time use coupon.

Also Storybundle has a new gaming book bundle called The Snowed in Game Bundle. Not sure of the quality of these. A bit over 21 days remaining.

$15 for the whole bundle:

The Black Book of Animal Crossing New Horizons: Second Edition
by John Harris

Inside Video Game Creation
by Todd Mitchell

Smoke and Mirrors - The Rise and Fall of a Serial Antipreneur
by Mike James

We Love Atari Games: Part 1
by John Harris

Boss Fight Books: Silent Hill 2
by Mike Drucker

Monsters in the Dark: The Making of X-COM
by David L. Craddock

The Unofficial Guide to Shin Megami Tensei and Persona
by Kurt Kalata

Boss Fight Books: Nightmare Mode
by Gabe Durham and Michael P. Williams

GameDev Stories: Volume 5
by David L. Cradd

And also miners/scalpers/flippers/retailers/bots ordering tons up ain't helping matters either. The demand don't help either, as I'm sure some 9xx and 10xx owners been holding out for a while, waiting for something like the 3xxx series since many were disappointed w/ round one of RTX on the 2xxx series. And I'm sure this insane demand also causes prices to soar too. I'm sure this stuff ain't cheap for them to make, created, R&D, and all of that stuff either - but let's be real, they (NVidia & AMD) also know the market sucks and are also taking advantage of the complete situation w/ COVID, miners, scalpers, flippers, etc etc; they're, more or less, doing bare minimum here & slapping these cards out there at high prices.

If you can now get one - yeah, even at high prices - it's like winning the PowerBall lottery.

I mean - really, a xx50 class card is THIS price? And it's still not surpassing the 2060, performance-wise? Yeah, give me a break.

This whole thing stinks for PC gamers flat-out.
Heh, I'd feel for Jensen over container shipping costs if he wasn't selling most of his gpu's to miners directly, even bypassing the AIB partners. That and releasing new cards with higher MSRP's to sell chips at higher prices and stopping or slowing greatly production of the older cards. Aka releasing a 3070ti, 3080ti and 3090ti. Oh, and the 3080 12GB vs 10GB version.

Free Steam Games:

The Sacred Tears TRUE - Y5QD?-2YZP5-E7YXE

Devil Daggers - ARR?H-VA5MV-GBQRG

Contagion - 0DQ4P-MJTIM-2BX5?

Contagion - 70E7Y-HBMHI-BX?DN

Contagion - 72BJ4-G?CEG-?5BZT

DreadOut - CNBZA-ZRAVF-?0V49

No Time To Explain Remastered - EVKT?-0W?LW-84XQR

Divekick - 589GD-84MMF-?ZJX6

Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball - DZM?E-WMWE2-C8CFH

Automachef - ?52HL-0BM6G-0YE2Q

? = #between 2 and 4

:wave:

Fanatical has a deal where if you buy anything related to the Warhammer: Total War series, you can pre-order the third game for $45.

To both live up to my self-proclaimed title, and my status as a Games Workshop addict, I got a missing DLC I was lacking for the second title and went ahead and grabbed the third game.

I know it'll be busted on release, but it gets me Ogres (I love Ogre Kingdoms) and I know it'll get fixed eventually, but I hereby waive my right to bitch about it. 

For any other Warhammer dorks, you've been officially informed on probably the best deal for the next 6~12 months for the game.

I really should play the one Warhammer Total Battle game that was bundled. I haven't played a Total War game since Shogun, so it's been ages. I always want to get into Warhammer with all these book bundles (likely way since I read relatively quickly and like fantasy), but I got the games that have been bundled as well. I always say if you'll play at or around release just get the games you want even if they may be janky. Better than a game bought at 75% off that will be played 20 years from now (that's a stretch sometimes too haha). 

A big thank you to whoever mentioned Vampire Survivors. The game is orgasmic. It's like a roguelike Pac-man or something. Probably the best $2.99 game on Steam.

Fanatical has a deal where if you buy anything related to the Warhammer: Total War series, you can pre-order the third game for $45.

To both live up to my self-proclaimed title, and my status as a Games Workshop addict, I got a missing DLC I was lacking for the second title and went ahead and grabbed the third game.

I know it'll be busted on release, but it gets me Ogres (I love Ogre Kingdoms) and I know it'll get fixed eventually, but I hereby waive my right to bitch about it.

For any other Warhammer dorks, you've been officially informed on probably the best deal for the next 6~12 months for the game.
Not a bad deal if I didn't already own all the damn dlc packs. Fanatical otherwise has the best pre-order price at 21% that I've seen. FYI, they give you the code to activate right away. Game goes live Feb. 17th.

Total War Warhammer III is probably the first game I've preordered since maybe the 2nd one. 20-25% isnt a bad deal considering if you want to play through the campaign or combined map with several races you'll end up putting a bunch of hours in. Streamers have been pretty positive about the experience so far, its looking pretty good to me.

Lost Ark releases around the same time and is looking pretty intriguing. Going to be a busy month. I think a small group of us are going to start up a guild if anyone wants to casually to try the game out and slowly fumble our way through the end game stuff (its f2p).

I've been meaning to get this for quite a long time but for years the DLC hasn't been available as a standalone purchase on Steam. It'd been discounted on other sites but according to ITAD not < $2 until recently.

After 8 years (games purchased in late 2013 Hamble WB Games Bundle), my F.E.A.R. collection on Steam is complete!

ps7E9L7.gif

Reposting this from the Fanatical thread:

About the gifts you get in the Lunar New Year sale for spending $10+, you can get coupons for store credit (usually 50 cents). Usually these coupons have a minimum $2 spend, but this time they don't. You can even spend them on stuff that's cheaper than 50 cents

I just used my three 50 cent credits for two games that were 50 cents exactly, and one that was 49 cents, no issues. You can sort the games by price and features on the store and even filter the games by which ones have Steam cards, to sell em on the Steam marketplace and get even more $$$

And of course you can get multiple New Years gifts. So if you're gonna buy stuff over $10, split them up into purchases each just over $10 total so you can maximize the amount of gifts you get

bread's done
Back