Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anything good in the Fanatical New Years sale?
I got the Yakauza Like a Dragon Legendary Edition for $30 after a 5% off coupon, which I think is a historical low. And there's a King of Fighters pack for like $13. Some of the bundles are a good value if you're interested in any of the games. Other than that, just a lot of stuff near or matching previous lows

Reposting this from the Fanatical thread:

About the gifts you get in the Lunar New Year sale for spending $10+, you can get coupons for store credit (usually 50 cents). Usually these coupons have a minimum $2 spend, but this time they don't. You can even spend them on stuff that's cheaper than 50 cents

I just used my three 50 cent credits for two games that were 50 cents exactly, and one that was 49 cents, no issues. You can sort the games by price and features on the store and even filter the games by which ones have Steam cards, to sell em on the Steam marketplace and get even more $$$

And of course you can get multiple New Years gifts. So if you're gonna buy stuff over $10, split them up into purchases each just over $10 total so you can maximize the amount of gifts you get
50cent.gif

I mean my main point was that those credit vouchers aren't useless like they used to be, since they had a minimum spend and now they don't. If you made a purchase more than $10, it was always more efficient to use those 5% off coupons they give out like candy. Now the credit vouchers actuslly have a use. So you can take your stale gif and shove it up your ass

They offered $1 credits during a couple of sales in the second half of last year.  Those didn't have a minimum for me either.  I used them for free $0.99 dlc items.  

I mean my main point was that those credit vouchers aren't useless like they used to be, since they had a minimum spend and now they don't. If you made a purchase more than $10, it was always more efficient to use those 5% off coupons they give out like candy. Now the credit vouchers actuslly have a use. So you can take your stale gif and shove it up your ass
Buying $10 worth of games to get a coupon worth 50 cents doesn't appeal to everyone, Kyle.

29497660.gif

Buying $10 worth of games to get a coupon worth 50 cents doesn't appeal to everyone, Kyle.
Obviously the point is if you're buying something there ALREADY during the sale, then don't ignore the vouchers if you get one, since there's no minimum spend for them this time. NOT to spend $10 to get 50 cents back. I'm sorry this is is so hard for you to understand

Speaking of Fanatical discounts, I went back to the well for another TW: Warhammer 2 DLC since I had a $1 off coupon, thus $3 total.  I got a second coupon code for making TW: Warhammer 3 25% off. 

Message me if you want it.  Will edit this post if its gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want bloody spells, the bundle version at a cheaper then $44 like $25 at least. Anyone think a normal laptop none gaming laptop can play that.

Obviously the point is if you're buying something there ALREADY during the sale, then don't ignore the vouchers if you get one, since there's no minimum spend for them this time. NOT to spend $10 to get 50 cents back. I'm sorry this is is so hard for you to understand
What's your problem? Nobody asked for you to even crosspost here from the Fanatical thread, you fucking cunt. Stop acting like people owe you a debt of gratitude for posting some deal you think you found, but was actually already known about.

You're acting like a bitch because people replied to your useless Fanatical cross-post with a gif instead of telling you how amazing you are. Get off your computer and go Naruto run outside, you whiny bitch.

Hoping our northern eastcoast CAGs are staying warm and safe.
Trying to stay warm. Still got power, which to me is key - for the fridge (food, drinks, etc); and computer (for gaming & Internet). I'm good, for now, thanks. Hope all's well w/ you too, bro.

Gonna be "fun" (sarcasm there) w/ the shoveling and snow-blowing. Meh. Though, I certainly can use the work-out.

We all look forward to your thorough review of those 50 cent games you bought.

Toaster is the one user that does in depth stuff like that. Nitros is the only other one I can think of. But they mostly do visual novel related games.

Oh and I think heyitsfranklin wrote a bunch of ichio ones back during the free stuff and such.

VN talk and Toaster Reviews?

Did some for some Vampire: The Masquerade VN's recently.

Oh, I did post a review for VTM: Coteries of NY and wrote one recently for Shadows of NY:

Coterieshttps://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/1096410/

Shadows - https://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/1279630/

My Steam Review Page is over here - https://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/

And I put up a lot Non-Steam game reviews over here in my Steam Group - https://steamcommunity.com/groups/TGAEC/discussions

GreenManGaming:

Quake 1: Enhanced Edition -> Steam key = $2.29

Includes:

- Old Quake 1 Version from Steam & the new Quake 1: Enhanced Edition (w/ more content).

- Some official & fan-favorite mods via Bethesda.Net in-game connection

(go sign-up for it, if you ain't a Beth.Net member).

- Some mods include Quake 64 version.

- Includes the old official expansions: “The Scourge of Armagon” & “Dissolution of Eternity.”

- Two MachineGames' expansions: “Dimension of the Past” & the new (Quake EE exclusive) “Dimension of the Machine.”

- Enhanced MP features & crossplay b/t PC and console versions (Enhanced Edition features)

Well, the wife was out of town and I had nothing better to do so I actually did get my old PC working again.... its missing parts, and it's parts are hanging out of the case but I was able to get my Forza Horizon 5 weekly/monthly stuff done and the last POE challenge I needed for the league that closes today/tomorrow.

You know the shit I should have done before fucking around with a new video card... Glad I was able to overcome my stupidity.

Isn't that EA?
Nope.

Bungie invented Halo and Destiny. Microsoft owns Halo franchise now.

Microsoft set-up 343 Studios to make Halo games mostly, these days.

Bungie was once Indie for a while (Myth series days). Then they were once Microsoft-owned (Xbox era), but later bought their independence. Then they hooked-up w/ Activision and that wound-up in a brutal divorce...and Bungie kept Destiny IP/franchise. Then, Bungie went solo w/ Destiny 2 expansions for a while, after Activision wasn't thrilled w/ Destiny 2 and Bungie themselves.

Looks like Sony got them now.

Sheesh.

The poster edit his comment. He asked about Anthem.

Bungie story is pretty wild too about the ownership and shipping hands through out the year. Definitely sheesh.

I don't like these sorts of buyouts, but at least in the case of Blizzard and Bungie, they largely stopped making the types of games that made me fans of the companies, so they can't really get much worse.

Is it weird that imo Destiny, Anthem and Halo are all mediocre games in 2022. All three franchises had huge potential for next gen and every one has been disappointing.

Is it weird that imo Destiny, Anthem and Halo are all mediocre games in 2022. All three franchises had huge potential for next gen and every one has been disappointing.
I dunno - but some games after say 2-3 games and/or by a few expansions, they lose what made them special anyways. Likely needs major revamping by then, especially if they keep banking content and new games out very quickly.

Weren't most of the best games from Bungie w/ Halo were....basically all of the Bungie-made ones?

About Destiny - sure I liked Destiny 2, but....I don't know if I really needs more of that, after Destiny 2.

About Anthem - eh, maybe if it wasn't done by BioWare. This ain't the typical BioWare title, TBH. BioWare games need the RPG elements - and it looked like Anthem wasn't really going to even have that. And well, there's also the fact that most of the good core & great employees at BioWare ain't even there anymore.

So... any bets on who's going to buy Big Fish Games?*

Actually I just checked and their parent company is Aristocrat Leisure, an Australian manufacturer of gambling machines. That... actually makes quite a bit of sense.

*I predict Yanni Cappuccino will buy BFG and make dungeon slave Motoki the new company mascot.

Ironically Anthem had the most promise and was the most fun to actually play. The flying mechanic was great and exploration could have been amazing. Sadly I’ll never know because EA killed it before it could be revamped into something amazing.

Destiny should have been amazing, but the first game was a convoluted mess with a hard to follow story. The sequel was better but went F2P will all kinds of dlc crap and the same wtf is going on story. And it completely lacked the multiplayer exploration and gathering that hooks me in modern games. Running from place to place killing hordes of mindless enemies was clearly inspired by Halo, but it just felt repetitive and empty with boring enemy designs.

And Halo has been bad since Bungie left … Infinite still gets so much wrong about what made the initial Halo awesome. It’s a shell of the former game, trying desperately to emulate the magic but feeling cold and empty. Maybe DLC will help … but I doubt it.

I would much rather play something closer to an rpg with Anthem-like mechanics, a strong story and survival/gathering gameplay than any of those three series.

Sadly that game doesn’t exist (even though Destiny trailers showed awesome exploration) so I’ll just keep playing 7 Days to Die … which is amazing btw if you haven’t given it a try lately.

Sony says they're going to be acquiring more stuff.

PlayStation boss Jim Ryan says we should expect more studio acquisitions in the future, in the wake of today's news that Sony is buying Destiny developer Bungie for $3.6 billion. GamesIndustry.biz's Christopher Dring tweeted that Ryan said, "we should expect more" when it comes to further PlayStation acquisitions.

[...]

"I've been on record talking about increasing the size of the PlayStation community, and expanding beyond our historic console heartland. This can take many forms," Ryan said. "We are starting to go multiplatform, you've seen that. We have an aggressive roadmap with live services. And the opportunity to work with, and particularly learn from, the brilliant and talented people from Bungie... that is going to considerably accelerate the journey we find ourselves on."

Idk if Sony "threatening" to buy more studios is the right move. They way overpaid for Bungie and it's still a drop in the bucket compared to what MS just paid for their acquisitions

Like MS could go for the jugular and buy both Take Two and EA for less than what they spent on Activision. And I don't think Sony could afford either of them

Either way, reading Jim Ryan again acknowledge Sony "starting to go multiplatform" is a great sight

Idk if Sony "threatening" to buy more studios is the right move. They way overpaid for Bungie and it's still a drop in the bucket compared to what MS just paid for their acquisitions

Like MS could go for the jugular and buy both Take Two and EA for less than what they spent on Activision. And I don't think Sony could afford either of them

Either way, reading Jim Ryan again acknowledge Sony "starting to go multiplatform" is a great sight
Lol I wouldn't say threatening, Phil said the same thing. While ms buying bundle just for the game. Sony been buying the ones that'll help beyond just games. Buying budgie for games and to improve live services games or whatever that was said.

Lol I wouldn't say threatening, Phil said the same thing. While ms buying bundle just for the game. Sony been buying the ones that'll help beyond just games. Buying budgie for games and to improve live services games or whatever that was said.
I'm not sure how true that is. $3.6 billion is an awfully expensive "lesson" on how to do microtransactions and/or copy game pass within their means

And buying Bungie for "games"? More like "game" since they haven't made anything besides Destiny since the Xbox 360 Halo days

More big acquisition news: I have acquired two egg and cheese muffin sandwiches. Sources say they were delicious.

My assumption is that buying more studios means a Sony Game Pass equivalent is on the near horizon.
There's been talk of that for the last couple months. Project Spartacus. Rumors of old PS games popping up via the cloud.

If Bungie still owns these - they might also own Oni, Marathon and Myth franchises.
Also, it's being reported that Bungie also is working on a new IP too.
Unless there’s been some unannounced repurchase in the past few years, Bungie does not own Myth. I was a huge Myth fan when they lost the rights, I looked into it when it happened.

I think Oni is under Take Two, as well. Not sure whether Bungie retained Marathon or any of its other old IPs after the Microsoft acquisition.

bread's done
Back