Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I thought I told you to stop hacking my webcam.
Was it you who said that? I thought it was Wa1terSobchak's mom.

Remember the value -> 1 penny = 1 Metro Last Light.
Exactly! A penny can be worth a fortune in the CAG lifestyle, or at least worth one Metro Last Light.

Remember that time that the price of Fallout 4 on Amazon kept dropping a few cents each day, and everyone was holding out just to save a few more MLLs?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly! A penny can be worth a fortune in the CAG lifestyle, or at least worth one Metro Last Light.

Remember that time that the price of Fallout 4 on Amazon kept dropping a few cents each day, and everyone was holding out just to save a few more MLLs?
YES! And it was more than FO4 we did that with, too. Man, those were the good old days.

Next Fest started on steam.  One hour in and I have 51 demos downloaded.  Love these, it's like an all you can eat indie buffet.

Not like we all don't have significantly more full indie games backlogged, but hey, it's fun...

Fanatical Build Your Own Fantasy bundle ending soon

Musta slipped through the cracks, this is the first time I'd seen it. Some pretty cool games and DLC here at dirt cheap prices if you pick 10 for $4.99

Picked up:

Talisman: Origins

Fictorum

3000th Duel

Vambrace: Cold Soul

Blood Bowl 2 - Official Expansion DLC

Hero of the Kingdom II
Skautfold: Usurper + Shrouded in Sanity 
Skautfold: Moonless Knight + Into the Fray
Healer's Quest
Hero of the Kingdom: The Lost Tales 1

Still kinda sucks though, as I've gotten multiple games/bundles for over 90% off over the years. But I doubt the difference between 94% off and 90% off would ever sway me to not buy something
I don't know why I even buy games on Steam, discounted or not. I never play them. I just play a few online games all year and have a bunch of cheap junk in my backlog that I'll never touch.

I could have sworn W10 already made you have an account. I had to create one for my parents when I bought them a new prebuilt, and I don't think I would have done it if I could have easily avoided it
The way to get around that in win10 is still to make sure you have no network cable plugged in or wifi turned on. No internet connection at all and then at the bottom it will let you create a local account or you have to click on skip/setup later and create a local account.

Win11 just keeps getting worse and worse. MS has been pushing the MS account nonsense since win8 in 2012.

Bethesda is retiring their own Bethesda Launcher & moving all their stuff to Steam.

Notes:

- Migrating of your Bethesda Accounts & your games that you own from there will roll over to Steam.

- Roll over begins in April & all of the migration process is free.

- Saves should migrate over, but some might have to be copied over there manually to the proper location.

- You'll still need your Bethesda Account b/c many games still will use it and/or require it.

- Disabling of old Bethesda Launcher begins in May.

- Those Bethesda Launcher games-versions should likely will NOT work in the Launcher, if you keep those files and want to use them.

- MysterD's Side note: Some of the DRM-FREE games might work w/out Launcher, like say Morrowind.

- Any in-game currencies (Atoms, Crowns, etc) that you have $ from Bethesda Launcher will be moved directly over to Steam also.

- Fallout 76 is a special case & has their own FAQ on their migration process over to Steam w/ more details.

- Games that have Friends from Bethesda Launcher, those Friends Lists will be merged to Steam...

- ...which includes Fallout 76, DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, RAGE 2 & DEATHLOOP.

- The Elder Scrolls Online MMO is the only thing NOT affected by this migration process; it still has its own launcher.

Hopefully Activision does the same with their launcher when the MS purchase goes through. I wouldn't mind playing some of the newer CoDs on PC, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to get them on a new launcher

Hopefully Activision does the same with their launcher when the MS purchase goes through. I wouldn't mind playing some of the newer CoDs on PC, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to get them on a new launcher
Monkey’s paw: Activision shuts down its own launcher under Microsoft, but instead of bringing their games to Steam, Microsoft brings back GFWL and makes them exclusive.

Does this mean the free copy we got of Rage 2 from Epic will also migrate to steam? I'm guessing that used the Bethesda launcher but I never installed it so I can't confirm. I think that's the only game I have that might use the launcher, everything else I've bought on steam

Does this mean the free copy we got of Rage 2 from Epic will also migrate to steam? I'm guessing that used the Bethesda launcher but I never installed it so I can't confirm. I think that's the only game I have that might use the launcher, everything else I've bought on steam
Doesn't look like it.

Q: May I migrate my account to another PC service instead of Steam?

A: No. We are only able to support transferring account information from the Bethesda.net launcher to Steam.

Doesn't look like it.
I was asking if Epic uses the Bethesda launcher, similar to how it uses Uplay. If it doesn't then it won't migrate.

For example, I bought The Crew 2 Gold edition from Epic and it activated on Uplay. Wondering if Rage 2 does the same thing but with Bethesda launcher

Tech question - is it a bad idea to mix and match RAM sizes in a PC even if they are the same brand? And does the using same brand even matter?

My R1 Alienware Alpha I3 has a Kingston 4 GB RAM installed from the factory. The Alpha has two RAM slots. So I'm wondering if I should buy another Kingston 4 GB to install alongside it (I found a compatible one on Amazon), remove the installed 4 GB and replace it with an 8 GB instead, or if I should buy an 8 GB instead of a 4 GB and install it alongside the already installed 4 GB.

Most of the Steam games that I want to play are older ones, but they recommend 8 GB RAM for performance. But my Google search seems to suggest that installing an 8 GB RAM alongside a 4 GB RAM in a PC might impact performance.

And yes, I already know an I3 Alpha is a low-end machine at this point, but since I already own it, I'd like to enjoy it. Thanks.
I actually just upgraded my Alienware alpha r1 from 4gb -> 2x8gb sticks. It’s a cool little machine, I was using it to play Batman Arkham asylum in 3D on my 3dtv.

I was asking if Epic uses the Bethesda launcher, similar to how it uses Uplay. If it doesn't then it won't migrate.

For example, I bought The Crew 2 Gold edition from Epic and it activated on Uplay. Wondering if Rage 2 does the same thing but with Bethesda launcher
According to PC Gaming Wiki - Epic version only uses Epic launcher:

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/RAGE_2

It's also DRM-FREE on Epic, using the "Epic_Portal" command line (to bypass the Epic Launcher).

Is there a game-key in Epic version somewhere? If there is - I'd try and stick that into Bethesda-Launcher.

Is there a key-less account tieing from Epic w/ an Bethesda Account?

That's where you tie both an Epic account and Bethesda Account together, tie them together to activate it up on Bethesda - like you do w/ Ubi and Epic to get it say onto Ubi.

I never tried checking on Epic Store if there's a key there to activating that key on Bethesda-Launcher or a key-less way to get it onto Bethesda-Launcher, since I already own a Retail copy of Rage 2: Deluxe (in which that retail copy's tied to Bethesda-Launcher).

According to PC Gaming Wiki - Epic version only uses Epic launcher:
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/RAGE_2

It's also DRM-FREE on Epic, using the "Epic_Portal" command line (to bypass the Epic Launcher).

Is there a game-key in Epic version somewhere? If there is - I'd try and stick that into Bethesda-Launcher.

Is there a key-less account tieing from Epic w/ an Bethesda Account?
That's where you tie both an Epic account and Bethesda Account together, tie them together to activate it up on Bethesda - like you do w/ Ubi and Epic to get it say onto Ubi.

I never tried checking on Epic Store if there's a key there to activating that key on Bethesda-Launcher or a key-less way to get it onto Bethesda-Launcher, since I already own a Retail copy of Rage 2: Deluxe (in which that retail copy's tied to Bethesda-Launcher).
Thanks. I haven't seen a key anywhere. Not sure if there's keyless activation but it sounds like it's drm free. This would have been the one time I'd rather have drm lol

36 hrs into Forbidden West... I went for a diversionary stroll to a city known for lights and gambling... this is gunna take me forever.  Every time I think I start to get on track to follow the story I....

36 hrs into Forbidden West... I went for a diversionary stroll to a city known for lights and gambling... this is gunna take me forever. Every time I think I start to get on track to follow the story I....
I just started it, but gotta play Steam Demos this week.

Flat out gorgeous, but wondering if it's really that much better than the last one. In my mind's eye, it's just as pretty as Zero Dawn.

Decided to try out one from the backlog in Warhammer: Chaosbane. I honestly thought it was very average. First of all the graphics are all right enough in a similar looking view to Diablo games. The voice over for the narrator was OK, and also the noises in battle and for the main character (I played a beserker guy). The game was generally pretty repetitive fighting the same stuff mainly for the first few missions I played. You get level ups and it assigns stuff. Not sure there is any skill points here. It's simplified for sure, and makes it so you can just enjoy the action. The equipment screen is clunky and uses a radial wheel to change equipment. Not great, but it works OK. Overall it just felt OK, and I was getting bored quickly. The story is blah blah curse and you need to enact revenge. It's not amazing. The difficulty didn't seem as high either. It plays OK on a Xbox series X controller. I just don't have much to say, mainly cause I've played better. About a 6/10, but it's good if you want some mindless Diablo like action.

Monkey’s paw: Activision shuts down its own launcher under Microsoft, but instead of bringing their games to Steam, Microsoft brings back GFWL and makes them exclusive.
I would be overjoyed if Microsoft brought back GFWL. Then I could access my $0.10 copy of Age of Empires III: Complete Edition again.

Decided to try out one from the backlog in Warhammer: Chaosbane. I honestly thought it was very average. First of all the graphics are all right enough in a similar looking view to Diablo games. The voice over for the narrator was OK, and also the noises in battle and for the main character (I played a beserker guy). The game was generally pretty repetitive fighting the same stuff mainly for the first few missions I played. You get level ups and it assigns stuff. Not sure there is any skill points here. It's simplified for sure, and makes it so you can just enjoy the action. The equipment screen is clunky and uses a radial wheel to change equipment. Not great, but it works OK. Overall it just felt OK, and I was getting bored quickly. The story is blah blah curse and you need to enact revenge. It's not amazing. The difficulty didn't seem as high either. It plays OK on a Xbox series X controller. I just don't have much to say, mainly cause I've played better. About a 6/10, but it's good if you want some mindless Diablo like action.
Yeah I thought it was a Diablo III clone with a Warhammer skin too. Like Diablo 3, the rpg aspects are pretty shallow.

I actually just upgraded my Alienware alpha r1 from 4gb -> 2x8gb sticks. It’s a cool little machine, I was using it to play Batman Arkham asylum in 3D on my 3dtv.
The Alpha is a really neat little PC. The small form factor means that it takes up barely any room in an entertainment center. I love using mine for indie games. And I'm surprised that it didn't take off, but I think it's just that the public wasn't ready for Steam Machines when Steam Machines were a thing.

pouring-out-liquor.gif

220222-mark-lanegan-ONE-TIME-USE-2019-ac-449p-059e42.jpg

Just a note I'm downloading some Steam demos so expect some mini impressions for mainly platformers, rogue likes, visual novels, etc.. Probably just do these until Elden Ring comes out, but I enjoy trying indie developer games. 

I just started it, but gotta play Steam Demos this week.

Flat out gorgeous, but wondering if it's really that much better than the last one. In my mind's eye, it's just as pretty as Zero Dawn.I'
I'm on a PS5.. but I took one shot with the sun rising over the mountains because the first time I saw the dawn flash I was whoa'd, so the next time I had a chance, I grabbed a pic.

So far, the only area that graphically sucks was a certain water level. Without spoiling, there was a LOT of things going on visually and the PS5 decides to go like 5 FPS (super sucky). So I restarted the game, continued from last save, and no other issues.

Story wise I'm only... 30+ hrs in but I'm digging the story. It's nothing too exciting but there were a couple of WHOA moments so far. But I genuinely like the story/background of this world.

I know I'm an old guy, but I just don't get the appeal of Souls games.  

They may be terrific, but they just don't look like anything that I want to play at this point.  An hour long boss battle, with punishing difficulty, is the absolute last thing I want to do after a day of work.  

And now, get off my lawn.  

97 on Metacritic for PS5? Yeah, insane - might be one of the best scored games on Metacritic of all time.

95 for PC.
I know I am going to get and play this game, but I never bought into any of the hype cycle. I have zero "drive" to dive into this game with Next Fest going on, Horizon Forbidden West, and Divinity OS 2.

So I am always wary of "best game ever" reviews, but I am optimistic this may stick the landing.

I started playing The Witch Queen yesterday and it's excellent so far.   The introductory missions are very dynamic, with a wide array of locations and environments.   Which is a much-welcome departure from previous Destiny content releases where you feel like you're running the same mission paths on the same planets ad nauseam.  The new zone called Savathun's "Throne World" has lots of mysteries, hidden objectives, and vertical gameplay that is reminiscent of the secretive nature of The Dreaming City when it first released in Forsaken.  The expansion's tone is top notch so far.  Gun crafting seems like it's well-implemented too.  The game feels really fun to explore again. 

I'm going to start playing Elden Ring on Friday too.  What a month.

I know I'm an old guy, but I just don't get the appeal of Souls games.

They may be terrific, but they just don't look like anything that I want to play at this point. An hour long boss battle, with punishing difficulty, is the absolute last thing I want to do after a day of work.

And now, get off my lawn.
As a fellow not-young-anymore person, I mostly agree? I don't like difficulty for the sake of difficulty. That being said, the Dark Souls series in particular, as well as Bloodborne, have fantastic lore, setting, level and monster design. I haven't found a single souls-like that has interested me as much as the originators of the genre.

Souls games are (among) the best games being made today.  More importantly it's what they stand for, in regards to complete and proper game development.  In this crazy F2P, GAAS, MTX-driven world. 

Looks like Agony Unrated, previously a free +1 for owners of Agony that most got from an old HB, was removed from everyone's libraries.

Update:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/879420/eventcomments/3182360276418064384/?tscn=1645640326

tl;dr - Steam required the apps to be separated. Repurchase Unrated in cheap bundle or wait for devs to get keys from Valve.

Hello guys, as you can see, we've set up several separate bundles for different regions, depending on the minimum price that each region allowed us to get away with. It ranges from 65 to 95% off.

It's worth mentioning that this is a temporary solution and the only one available to us using our tools. We are, however, contacting Steam and GOG as well to ask for a significant number of free keys for Agony UNRATED (for those who are unaware, devs can't generate a big number of keys without giving the platform owner a good reason to do so).
pAb10H3.gif

Indeed. And the cherry on top my be some of us getting our Steam Deck purchase request emails...
I actually don’t mind being in the Q2 group. I mean, sure it would be cool to be in the initial wave … but it will also be nice to watch how things play out, let other people be the QC testers, and have any major bugs in the OS get ironed out before purchase.

Oh and also if something goes terribly wrong … don’t mind waiting a few months (and hopefully lining up with dock availability too).

Bethesda is retiring their own Bethesda Launcher & moving all their stuff to Steam.

Notes:

- Migrating of your Bethesda Accounts & your games that you own from there will roll over to Steam.

- Roll over begins in April & all of the migration process is free.

- Saves should migrate over, but some might have to be copied over there manually to the proper location.

- You'll still need your Bethesda Account b/c many games still will use it and/or require it.

- Disabling of old Bethesda Launcher begins in May.

- Those Bethesda Launcher games-versions should likely will NOT work in the Launcher, if you keep those files and want to use them.

- MysterD's Side note: Some of the DRM-FREE games might work w/out Launcher, like say Morrowind.

- Any in-game currencies (Atoms, Crowns, etc) that you have $ from Bethesda Launcher will be moved directly over to Steam also.

- Fallout 76 is a special case & has their own FAQ on their migration process over to Steam w/ more details.

- Games that have Friends from Bethesda Launcher, those Friends Lists will be merged to Steam...

- ...which includes Fallout 76, DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, RAGE 2 & DEATHLOOP.

- The Elder Scrolls Online MMO is the only thing NOT affected by this migration process; it still has its own launcher.
Another step towards Valve eventually being acquired by MS methinks.

bread's done
Back