Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
An account named Blade II sent this to me and like 5 other people in a message:

"GizmoGC is right about you pieces of shit. If any of you actually had a real job (no, flipping games from one GS to another to make a whole $20 in store credit as "profit" for the entire day doesn't count) and moved out of your parent's basement then you'd understand where he's coming from. But no, none of you idiots will even fill out an application for Burger King because you're too lazy and won't ever get a real job. I took a nap during my lunch break today and made another $100. If you weren't such idiots and didn't spend your entire time "flipping" G2L to make an entire $5 profit then maybe you could do that, too. But no, you're too stupid to understand this. I can understand why Kyle thinks that making 50 cents each for every $10 shovelware game is a good profit now. You're all lazy, unemployed motherfuckers."

Poor guy :(

Based on the reviews I've seen for the Steam Deck, my enthusiasm has been tempered a great deal.

Hope the early adopters here have fun with the platform, but I'll be waiting for versions 2 or 3 before I consider making the leap.
If you work from home and already have a gaming PC why was it on your radar? Just curious.

So far what I’m seeing about the Steam Deck is about what I expected. It’s a well made piece of hardware with software that’s going to be a work in progress. I’m kind of split between being a guy who enjoys tinkering, hacking and tweaking and just wanting the damn thing to work. I assumed this would be in the first category and when I am ready to deal with that, I’ll reach for the Deck. Otherwise, I’ll keep my Switch.

My only issue is I am having regrets about going in on the base model. I really didn’t think the storage situation through. I wish I could upgrade without being dumped in back of the queue but I’m in the Q2 line so I have some time to think about it.

If you work from home and already have a gaming PC why was it on your radar? Just curious.
For me, it was something to use like the switch. Steam streaming hasn't been a great experience if I want to play a PC game somewhere else in my home rather than my office, so this was something I was considering to scratch that itch.

I'm happy that others here will have a chance to try it out and see how much they'll enjoy it for their situation though. I'll be curious to hear their viewpoints on it also.

Oh dear god no. That would be the worst. Valve is the anti-Microsoft. Gabe runs Valve/Steam like his own personal playground and experimental lab. It's an unconventional way of doing business, but being "right" so many times has allowed them the freedom to do it. As a result of their quality-first and gamer-first mantra, they're pretty good stewards of PC gaming. Meaning: you don't get the feeling that they're going to pull the rug out from underneath you the way Microsoft has done to gamers time and time again.

Valve needs to go to another visionary-type, if that exists. Corporate structure would cause it to implode.
I think you're under the misconception that MS buys companies to convert them; not the case. They've been extremely hands off, letting companies continue business as usual; just having new reports. With Phil in charge, he's steering the ship well and has my confidence at least.

The two hour or less battery life on AAA titles is a bit concerning. I’m still debating whether I should buy a Steam Deck or put that money towards something like the new 2022 Zephyrus or a similar compact gaming laptop. I like the concept of a Steam Deck- like portable PC, but the use case is kind of weird for me. I don’t need a portable at home and if I were taking something out to like a coffee shop or something, the laptop makes way more sense and has more options beyond gaming. So I’m glad I can wait til April to decide … but part of me is jealous bc the reviews do look pretty cool.

I think one key thing is that if playing locally by streaming, you can get up to 6 hours of battery life.

The Switch doesn't last very long on its more intensive games, either.  Or at least us with the OG models.

As a few reviews have pointed out, there are means and methods to get the battery life up during even demanding games.  Another known tech reviewer got over 8 hours on his (not the most demanding stuff, obviously).

Use cases will vary, but I know gaming on laptops usually sees minimal battery life. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Elden Ring performance:

In all instances Motion Blur and Depth of Field were set of Off due to personal preference but those rarely impact FPS much anyway.

i7-9700K @ 5GHz, RTX 3080Ti, 32GB DDR4 -- Played at 1440p, max settings.  Smooth as silk, constant 60fps and no stutters or hitches noticed.  This is my main system so most of my play time has been on this one.  The rest were more benchmarking/performance runs than extended game play.

i5-11400, RTX 3050, 16GB DDR4 -- Played at 1080p, high settings.  No complaints; 59-60fps while running around, riding my horse or fighting/casting. 

i5-4590, RX 580 8GB, 12GB DDR3 -- Played at 1080p, mostly high settings (grass to Medium).  FPS varied from 35-50 but usually around 40.  Some hitches when entering new expansive areas for the first time.  Felt playable although I was mainly running around and ganking guards, not trying to do boss fights.  Was fairly impressed given that the stated minimum CPU was an i5-8600 (which also assumes DDR4).  Locking this to 30fps would give a fully playable console-like experience.

Really, for all the complaints I've heard about performance, I'm not feeling it. 

i5-11400 system in action!

AMsd6vc.jpg

4rhNpfU.jpg

UNJqb8T.jpg

Digital Foundry just published the tech breakdown of Elden Ring and says stutters are persistent across all hardware.

So I would watch their video and see if you recreate their instances; they, too, use the most powerful to least and can recreate stutters consistently.

I think it's a case of whether or not people notice them.  To me, that would be annoying AF.

I've spent 15 hours in Elden Ring and I've had about 3 instances where I've been distracted by stutters. I genuinely can't overstate how much I am enjoying the game.

Blade the kinda guy that either takes his ban and never comes back or comes back under a fully different identity. That ain't Blade.
I don’t know what’s happening with these false accounts or why he hasn’t been around since January, but Blade’s actual account still isn’t banned, just for the record.

I think you're under the misconception that MS buys companies to convert them; not the case. They've been extremely hands off, letting companies continue business as usual; just having new reports. With Phil in charge, he's steering the ship well and has my confidence at least.
I think you're under the misconception that MS has handled the PC videogames market well. It's been one disaster after another.

You're just talking about some of the newer game developer acquisitions.

An account named Blade II sent this to me and like 5 other people in a message:

"GizmoGC is right about you pieces of shit. If any of you actually had a real job (no, flipping games from one GS to another to make a whole $20 in store credit as "profit" for the entire day doesn't count) and moved out of your parent's basement then you'd understand where he's coming from. But no, none of you idiots will even fill out an application for Burger King because you're too lazy and won't ever get a real job. I took a nap during my lunch break today and made another $100. If you weren't such idiots and didn't spend your entire time "flipping" G2L to make an entire $5 profit then maybe you could do that, too. But no, you're too stupid to understand this. I can understand why Kyle thinks that making 50 cents each for every $10 shovelware game is a good profit now. You're all lazy, unemployed motherfuckers."

Poor guy :(
He sent me a different one. I posted it in the "hidden" gamestop thread.

Enjoying Elden Ring so far … definitely not an easy game, feels harder than Bloodborne and Dark Souls, but that may also be because it’s easier to wander into areas you aren’t ready for.

I think I figured out why a game like Elden Ring is so enjoyable compared to something like Cyberpunk. Elden Ring has so many little details and secrets, the world also has a consistency to it. Cyberpunk might be fun, but the details are messy or poorly implemented … some NPCs can’t be interacted with, some even pop in or disappear from a few feet away. Elden Ring is a fully realized game and it allows you to get lost in it because of that.

Heh, I've was about to post almost the exact opposite feeling so now I'm stuck saying "Counterpoint!" like we need to fight about it (we don't and not my intent).  The weekend I've spent playing Elden Ring, I haven't been able to shake the feeling of "This is one of those MMORPG zones/regions that you go to in order to mindlessly grind xp".  Mute, mindlessly hostile stuff in predictable locations and paths to pull and chew up until you're ready for the boss and next spot.  All in the well-worn "Sorta wild land littered with ruins of a Lost Age" setting.  It's pretty and has some neat designs but everything feels in service of the game combat mechanics and very game-y and I never stopped feeling like I was just here to have challenging fights versus being in an independent "other world".  I'm probably going to bounce off of it soon and less because of the difficulty but because there's nothing to make the difficulty worthwhile and hooking me into wondering what's over the next hill aside from more stuff to fight. 

For people who love the combat for the combat's sake, I have no doubt that it's great.  And it's not a bad setting, so it is a visually nifty place to have fights.  I don't get much of an endorphin rush out of "It took me twenty tries to kill this dude" so I needed something more to hook me and Elden Ring just isn't doing the job.

More provocative stuff:

As long as Cyberpunk was brought up -- even in Cyberpunk, while obviously a game with a lot of questionable decisions, glitches etc, Night City gave the impression of a place where people were doing their own shit and I wasn't much more to most of them than "That jerk who shoved me today on the sidewalk"; that if I wasn't around, it was a place that would still keep ticking along in its own fashion.  The Lands Between (Between Lands?  Whatever) feels like everything exists solely for the benefit of giving me something to punch until xp falls out and, if I wasn't there, they may as well just not exist. I never stopped feeling like I was just playing a video game.  This doesn't mean CP was "better" since I think Elden Ring does a better job at its core task of roll-stabbing big monsters until you get squished than CP necessarily did at its core job but CP definitely managed to immerse me more

Hello good people!

I have a problem.  I just replaced my CPU air cooler with an NZXT Kraken x63.  Everything is mounted properly and wires connected to the right slots on the MB.  The SATA cable is connected to the proper connection extending from the PSU.  When I turned on my PC, it never fully came on - it will come on for a second and turn off.  This loop is repeated until I turn off the PSU power.  I'm at my wits end trying to figure out why this is happening.  Here is a link to my build via pc part picker:  https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2Build/saved/#view=GpfPJx

I appreciate any feedback or assistance in advanced.  

Obvious first question: what happens when you put the air cooler back on? In other words, are we sure that this is an AIO issue?

If it does the same with the air cooler, start by reseating the RAM which might have gotten bumped during installation.  Heck, try that before switching coolers.

Yeah sounds like an essential component is missing or seated poorly and the board is going through the same error cycle.  I would take ram, cpu, gpu out then reseat them.  Also make sure you have power connected to your 3080.  And ensure you have your psu connected to the motherboard in two places (both the 24-pin atx cable and 4/8-pin cable to the cpu.)

Also some boards hang on a whiny boot error if you have the cpu fan header empty (even if you have a header for pump occupied).

Hello good people!

I have a problem. I just replaced my CPU air cooler with an NZXT Kraken x63. Everything is mounted properly and wires connected to the right slots on the MB. The SATA cable is connected to the proper connection extending from the PSU. When I turned on my PC, it never fully came on - it will come on for a second and turn off. This loop is repeated until I turn off the PSU power. I'm at my wits end trying to figure out why this is happening. Here is a link to my build via pc part picker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/2Build/saved/#view=GpfPJx

I appreciate any feedback or assistance in advanced.
Sorry, dumb question, I know, but I worked in IT for a little while so I just want to make absolutely sure.

You’re CERTAIN that what you have hooked up in your computer is an air cooler? It’s definitely NOT a turnip?

Got through 61 demos this week. 

Standouts, in no order but what I played:

• The Last Oricu - Premium Eurojank
  • Winter Survival - You know what this is, and it seems like a solid one those
  • The Unliving - Necromancer Pikmin, but half baked right now, sadly
  • Demeo - The business model sucks (splitting the VR and non-VR games), but the novelty is great for what it is
  • Tinykin - Top 3 of the show, for me; killer artstyle, fun to play, platformer/Pikmin style game
  • The Iron Oath - Its more Battle Brothers style RPG
  • Ignited Steel - FTL cross Into the Breach; needs a lot more developer love, though
  • Eastern Exorcist - Rad AF is what my notes say; I like the cat lady character much more, was fun action
  • Souldiers - Shit name, amazing metroidvania style game. Top 3
  • Jack Move - Absolute banger soundtrack and a unique take on the JRPG genre, IMO.
  • Live by the Sword: Tactics:  Just skates by as I have a soft spot for SRPGs
  • Zor: Pilgrimage of the Slorfs: May be good, unique sort of Slay the Spire meets tactical RPG gameplay that's popping up a lot
  • Zombie Rollerz: Pinball RPG, it's legit, IMO
  • Symphony of War: The Nephalim Saga: Do you like Ogre Battle?  'Cause this is more Ogre Battle.  fuck yea. Top 3
  • The Wandering Village:  Seems like a well put together city builder with a unique hook
  • Lost in Fantaland: Very cute table top RPG meets card game meets board game style gameplay
  • Salamander County Public Television: I played the Banana/Orange game for an hour
  • Ghostlore: Great ARPG, just needs more QOL and time to bake
  • Dome Romantik:  Defender meets Dig Dug, but with RPG elements.  I like this one a lot
  • Blacken Slash: Lofi SRPG with "loot" elements, probably a lot of depth here that I barely scratched
  • Hero's Hour:  Forgot I was playing a demo I played for so long; its indie HOMM style gameplay
  • HROT: Didja want another Doom clone?  'Cause you got one.  Rad.
  • Arthurian Legend: Didja want another Witchaven clone?  'Cause you got one.  Has performance issues, though.
  • Spiritlink Tactics: Slides onto to the list for aforementioned tactical RPG love
  • Small Saga: It's modern day Red Wall mouse RPG
  • Legendary Hoplite:  A bit too hard right now, but this is an interesting hero/tower defense game with loot
  • IXION:  Space Frostpunk,... Spacepunk?  It's great.
My unfiltered brain dump:

The LAst Oricru - ALL HAIL LORD BUFUS!!! Better than it has any right to be. --WL
Batora: The Lost Haven - Solid title, front runner for certain -- WL
Winter Survival: Seems like a solid one of those, but horror bits make me unhappy... -- WL
Nobody The Turnaround: Not my thing
Gatewalkers: Is this runescape...? Load times are bad
Grim Ember: Rough student-level game, nope.
Trails of Ayash: JANK, but the bad kind
Winter Ember: Isometric Thief, has potential
Skeleton Crew: Cute, but not my thing
The Unliving: So much potential :( -- WL
Demeo: Maybe, remains on wishlist, cute game, but worrisome business model? -- WL
Builders of Egypt: Seems like a good one of those
Tinykin - Pikmin meets platformer; GREAT -- WL
Pandemic Train - No,.... no.
Crimson Tactics - Not up to par for an SRPG; everything feels a bit tedious/fiddly
Tower Princess - Nothing to write home about, too saccrin
Hell Pie - It's just too weird, even for me
Little Orpheus - Great presentation and concept, just not fun to play
Guilt The Deathless - I like where this roguelike, soulslike game is going -- WL
The Iron Oath: I like where this is going, Battle Brothers style -- WL
Trash Panda: Not really a game, chill music, though
Ignited Steel: FTL meets Into the Breach -- WL
World Turtles: Civ type game, not interested right now
Eastern Exorcist: Rad AF -- WL
Curse of Eternity: An 3rd person ARPG that just is, not great
Moon Corp. Tower Defense Demo: Soft locked first time...
Crystal Plague: ARPG that feels like a student game
Oaken: Just didn't jive, too much going on
Kriegsfront Battlescaper: Tech demo, toy - not a game
Splatter Demo: Psychodelic score based FPS
Writers Block: Roguelike structure meets wordgame... wordgames are meh
Souldiers: Unforetunate name, awesome game. -- WL
Jack Move: Great music, awesome style, JRPG that I would play -- WL
Live by the Sword: Tactics: It can stay on my WL for now -- WL
Zor: Pilgrimage of the Slorfs: Need roguelike tactical card game -- WL'
Zombie Rollerz: Great RPG Pinball -- WL
Symphony of War: The Nephalim Saga -- AWESOME -- WL
The Wandering Village: Approachable, fun -- WL
Lost in Fantaland: Tactial RPG, Board Game, Card Game -- WL
Salamander County Public Televsision: Loved the first mini game a lot --WL
Ghostlore: Great ARPG, just need QOL updates -- WL
Stones Keeper: I can tell it's too tedious
Automon: Nah
Fishing Paradiso: Just okay, cute
WeeRPG: Just okay, cute
Dome Romantik: Awesome, great stuff! -- WL
Blacken Slash: Lofi ARPG, with likely some depth -- WL
Hero's Hour: Forgot I was playing a demo -- WL
Buggos: More like uggos
HROT: Fun Doom clone -- WL
Arthurian Legends -- Doom/Hexen Clone -- WL
Plague Lords: -- Not the turn based RPG I am looking for
Spirit Link Tactics: Servicable SRPG -- WL
Mars Tactics: Better off playing XCOM
COGEN: Sowrd of Rewind: More puzzle/action than metroidvania? Pass
Spirited Thief: A let down, too rought around the edges
Mago: Doesn't launch
Small Saga: I like it, fun mouse RPG -- WL
Legendary Hoplite: Interesting, but kinda hard -- WL
Chambers of Devious Design: Tetramino(?) puzzle conflict style game, no thanks
IXION: Yup, that's Frostpunk in space... let's do this! -- WL

My PS5 Elden Ring got delayed or something. UPS is on my poop list right now for sure. Since I still don't have it I tried out more Steam Next Fest demos G-J. There were some gems here for sure. TLDR I felt Hell Pie, Islets and Jack Eye were the best of the list. Hell Pie was a neat grotesque 3D platformer collectathon. Islets was a neat and beautiful Metroidvania game. Jack Eye was a cool cyberpunk JRPG inspired game. All I would get cheaper on release or bundled eventually. Hopefully everyone is enjoying these. This is the third set of games. I intend to finish up the demos I have through the fest.

Golfie - 11 minutes. It’s a deck building 3D golf game. You drag and drop cards to add power/different hits/draw & discard cards and some powers you can activate in the shot. It’s a fun mini golf type game that is pretty tough, but can be a lot of fun. The music is pretty alright albeit a little repetitive. The graphics were simple, but alright as well. 6/10

GUILT: The Deathless - 23 minutes. This one is somewhat of a Souls like inspired game. It controls OK and has a stamina meter though the hits don’t feel anywhere near as good as souls game. The music is pretty repetitive and I liked the voices. Graphics are pretty simple but had some character. Overall it’s an alright game that would be fun enough bundled. 6/10

Hazel Sky - 26 minutes completed demo. This one is kind of like an Uncharted where you play a to be engineer and adventure and do stuff. This might be the last generation of said engineers. The graphics are actually pretty nice. I like the music quite a bit with guitar strums and all. The movement with the Series X controller is a little clunky, but it’s alright. I hate how you have to hold onto the triggers to keep holding onto items. A put down prompt would be better. Overall worth looking at and would get bundled or cheap. 6.5/10

Hell Pie - 32 minutes completed demo. This one is a 3D platformer taking place in a place where there is a lot of poop, violence and fighting off more poop where the poops kill off poop eating blob fish looking guys. This one took a bit to get used to the controls on the Series X controller especially for swinging, but it started clicking after a bit. This reminds me of Conker’s Bad Fur Day, except a lot grosser looking. The main character is a little devil guy swinging around a naked cherub guy on a chain as a weapon and traversal tool. The music was great, and it had a lot of pootential (heh). Would get discounted or bundled. 7.5/10

Hellslave - 18 minutes completed demo. This one is a dungeon crawling click around the world traversing to locations doing quests from one point to another. In dungeons you get a quite hard to decipher looking map where you right click to get little circles of attention that can be items/fights/etc. The animation for a chest opening felt a bit too long too. This one had OK comic style art. The music was fine for the most part. I didn’t like the gameplay in this one too much. The story maybe could be interesting, but what was hear was pretty cut and dry. Just felt a bit too bland. 5.5/10

Hikikomori life - 11 minutes. This one takes place in one room and is a hikimori simulator. You play some guy living in an apartment and want to play games and make money. Things happen and you take care of them, as well as your well being. It didn’t have much music (if at all) and the sounds were sparse. The graphics looked OK, but nothing amazing. Overall I just found it a bit boring. 5/10

How to Say Goodbye – 8 minutes. This one is a narrative puzzle game with a somewhat storybook art style. You play as a guy who just died and he hopes to see his brother who also died years ago. You have this sliding puzzle kind of treadmill things to get the guy to certain places to open doors. There are some puzzles along the way and you get to see the narrative of this guy after death. I just didn’t really enjoy the gameplay much, although the story seemed interesting enough. 6/10

The Hungry One – 9 minutes completed demo. This one is a horror narrative adventure game I guess about an AI in a system. In the demo you have a simulation with a person and keeping them alive and learning things. Once some story happens the demo ends. It seems mysterious and could be interesting, but it’s not really my style. The music was creepy and the graphics looked like an old adventure game. 5.5/10

Horny Warp - 11 minutes completed demo. This one is a very simple hentai game where you play some loser who dropped out of college and gets summoned to another world to be their savior. This involves meeting girls, playing mini games for items and then using items for upgrades to get more scenes with the girls and unlock more of them. The art was nice and the sound was OK. It was just a generic hentai game, and would be one I only get bundled. 5/10

If Fusion Were That Easy - 24 minutes completed demo. This one was a 2.5D adventure old school game. I’m not a huge fan of the graphics and felt they were more fuzzy and pixelated than should be. The music/sound was barely there. The whole demo is spent repairing a nuclear reactor thing. It may be alright, but it felt a tiny bit clunky (getting to inventory and out wasn’t as clean as it should be), and just OK overall. I would just get it bundled. 5.5/10

Ignited Steel: Mech Tactics - 13 minutes. This is a mech rogue like game where you play on a tactics board like Into the Breach. The story is something like AI or something takes over stuff so only odd person manned mechs work. It feels like a turn based strategy game with mechs. It feels clunky, but plays enough OK. The graphics are kind of cool, but also kind of ugly at times. Overall I was getting bored, but it seemed solid enough. 6/10

Intergalactic Pawn Shop - 9 minutes completed demo. This one has you run an intergalactic pawn shop and people come in and you check stuff and offer them money or refuse. Probably has some story elements as well. Graphics were pretty OK albeit very simple for the animations. The music was OK albeit a bit repetitive. Overall it seemed interesting, but likely only for a high sale or bundled. 6/10

The Iron Oath - 18 minutes. This one is a turn based strategy game kind of like a Final Fantasy tactics. The UI got in my a lot this one. This one seemed OK where you go along a map and get in fights and such. The graphics are OK, but a little bit murky. The music is standard fantasy stuff. Overall I felt it would be a decent enough bundled game, but I wasn’t too crazy for this. 6/10

Islets - 26 minutes completed demo. This one is a 2D platformer Metroidvania type game where a rat is trying to be an adventure after the land breaks into pieces. Another more famous person he knows blows up his air ship and he falls to the island starting his adventure. The controls are pretty decent for the keyboard because I couldn’t get my Series X controller to work. It would work wonderfully I’m guessing. The music is very calming and nice. The sound is pretty good and has some oomph to it for the attacks. The graphics are great. Very clean and almost Hollow Knight looking. The game was fun and was one I wish I owned. Worth buying cheaper on release and bundled. 8/10

Jack Move - 13 minutes completed demo. This one is a really cool cyberpunk JRPG style game. The graphics were pretty nice and reminded me of a nicer looking SNES game. The music was cool as were the sound effects. The story seemed pretty neat so far. The battle system reminded me a little of Grandia, except everything doesn’t just keep moving. It was straightforward but cool. This one I want for sure and will try to get cheaper on release or bundled. 8.5/10

Yeah sounds like an essential component is missing or seated poorly and the board is going through the same error cycle. I would take ram, cpu, gpu out then reseat them. Also make sure you have power connected to your 3080. And ensure you have your psu connected to the motherboard in two places (both the 24-pin atx cable and 4/8-pin cable to the cpu.)

Also some boards hang on a whiny boot error if you have the cpu fan header empty (even if you have a header for pump occupied).
Yeah, that was my first guess. Mobo is unhappy about a missing fan header maybe. Go through and reseat everything one by one, triple check cable connections. Make sure the sata cable (I assume power to pump) is plugged into the psu etc. etc..

On Steam demos, the Iron Oath was pretty good. Buggy a bit, but it has potential as a pixel Darkest Dungeon mixed with Xcom like turn tactics.

That new remake of Pharoah was okay. I had bugs in that one too that blocked me from completing the first mission. Its pretty faithful to the original though the art style of the citizens is a little too modern emoji animation style.

I played a couple of demos and there were a lot I was interested in but the time-limited thing just makes me feel they are something I have to get through and I ended up just ignoring them.  Demos should be around all the time not for like a week every once in a while.  

I'm wondering if the supposed loud fan on the steam deck is gonna be enough to kill the fun. My preorder won't be till Q2, so hopefully some peeps on here who get it early can let us know ;)

I played a couple of demos and there were a lot I was interested in but the time-limited thing just makes me feel they are something I have to get through and I ended up just ignoring them. Demos should be around all the time not for like a week every once in a while.
On one hand, I agree, but on the other, it is one period of time a curated list of demos can be pushed up into everyone's face for better views. Many of the hotter niche titles got their debut due to these demo days.

I just set aside all my games for the week and play demos. I do not set time limits, just keep playing if I'm enjoying it. It's a good metric for quality, IMO.

I do keep some games on my list if they are an interest to me but demoed poorly.

I do think the event should span 10~11 days, so that there are two weekends available. More so that nerds like me can crunch through a bunch and give recommendations for other to try.

That new remake of Pharoah was okay. I had bugs in that one too that blocked me from completing the first mission. Its pretty faithful to the original though the art style of the citizens is a little too modern emoji animation style.
I thought the same, gave it a run through on some missions and yea it plays like the old ones, but that art style, oof. It just feels so thrown together with that look they gave it

I'm wondering if the supposed loud fan on the steam deck is gonna be enough to kill the fun. My preorder won't be till Q2, so hopefully some peeps on here who get it early can let us know ;)
Its seems to be very dependent on what you're doing. On GB's stream they had a pretty loud fan, but at that moment they were downloading a ton of games and playing elden ring and other intensive ones all at the same time. Once they stopped all the downloading the fan went back down to normal levels, so I dont think its much of an issue normally, just that people had a lot of things going on in the background that hit it

There is absolutely no excuse for a game releasing in 2022 to be totally gimped like what From has done with Elden Ring on PC. The PC port is truly atrocious. No ultrawide support (in fact it appears it was intentionally removed, with multiple people saying it works, then soon after is replaced by black bars), FOV messed up, no porting over of Playstation button icons, poor performance, fps capped at 60. This was pure and simple lazy developing with the aim of making as much money as possible, while screwing over people who paid $60 expecting a competent product. Inexcusable, and 0/10.

"Ubisoft needs to innovate", but when it's "Souls" game, then "Innovation is overrated, it's okay that it has worst controls of all time, it's okay it has 2014 graphics, it's okay that...". Finest hypocrisy i have ever seen. I agree, Far Cry 6 is extremely outdated, but so is Elden Ring. Same animations, worse controls than any Ubisoft game. If Fromsoft doesn't innovate and gets 97 on Metacritic, why do you think Ubisoft would even care to innovate at this point? Even if they try, these Hypocrites still sht on them and praise this unfinished trash (Elden Ring) as next generation of open world games. Gaming is dying and believe it or not, it's not thanks to Ubisoft. It's dying thanks to games like Elden Ring and Cyberpunk 2077. Both overhyped, both underdelivered.

I thought we'd get a Blade Trinity, but nope.  Oh well.  Do Demolition Man next so we can make stupid comments about Taco Bell pizzas.

There is absolutely no excuse for a game releasing in 2022 to be totally gimped like what From has done with Elden Ring on PC. The PC port is truly atrocious. No ultrawide support (in fact it appears it was intentionally removed, with multiple people saying it works, then soon after is replaced by black bars), FOV messed up, no porting over of Playstation button icons, poor performance, fps capped at 60. This was pure and simple lazy developing with the aim of making as much money as possible, while screwing over people who paid $60 expecting a competent product. Inexcusable, and 0/10. "Ubisoft needs to innovate", but when it's "Souls" game, then "Innovation is overrated, it's okay that it has worst controls of all time, it's okay it has 2014 graphics, it's okay that...". Finest hypocrisy i have ever seen. I agree, Far Cry 6 is extremely outdated, but so is Elden Ring. Same animations, worse controls than any Ubisoft game. If Fromsoft doesn't innovate and gets 97 on Metacritic, why do you think Ubisoft would even care to innovate at this point? Even if they try, these Hypocrites still sht on them and praise this unfinished trash (Elden Ring) as next generation of open world games. Gaming is dying and believe it or not, it's not thanks to Ubisoft. It's dying thanks to games like Elden Ring and Cyberpunk 2077. Both overhyped, both underdelivered.
Try finger, but hole.

Obvious first question: what happens when you put the air cooler back on? In other words, are we sure that this is an AIO issue?

If it does the same with the air cooler, start by reseating the RAM which might have gotten bumped during installation. Heck, try that before switching coolers.

Yeah sounds like an essential component is missing or seated poorly and the board is going through the same error cycle. I would take ram, cpu, gpu out then reseat them. Also make sure you have power connected to your 3080. And ensure you have your psu connected to the motherboard in two places (both the 24-pin atx cable and 4/8-pin cable to the cpu.)

Yeah, that was my first guess. Mobo is unhappy about a missing fan header maybe. Go through and reseat everything one by one, triple check cable connections. Make sure the sata cable (I assume power to pump) is plugged into the psu etc. etc..

On Steam demos, the Iron Oath was pretty good. Buggy a bit, but it has potential as a pixel Darkest Dungeon mixed with Xcom like turn tactics.

UPDATE:

Thanks for all the help! I reinstalled the air cooler and still the same problem. I ended up taking the motherboard battery out for a second and plugged it back in. That seemed to do the trick however it wouldn't boot -the DRAM light on the MSI EZ Debug would come one and then switch quickly to the CPU light and quickly back to the DRAM light. I pulled out one of the DRAM sticks and it booted to bios and to Windows. I suppose one of the sticks is faulty which is strange because why would it go bad after switching to a liquid cooler?

Glad you're up and running. There's a lot of stuff that could have happened. My best guess is that one or more pins in the cpu socket got bent or damaged in some way, and now your board will only run a single channel of ram. I've repaired pins before but it's a headache. You could try placing the stick you removed to the 2nd slot of the same channel. If they both work in the same channel, that's more of less confirmation of my conjecture. Of course, if you can replace the module with another and it works in dual channel - then I'm wrong and just replace the bad stick. Or warranty it since many ram manufacturers provide lifetime warranties on their products.

I tried the other DRAM in the working slot and it's good.  You are right - I took it apart again to check the CPU socket and some of the pins appear missing.

Ok i would just roll with both modules in single channel (the hit on performance is tiny). Hopefully no other functions of your board are affected. But be on the lookout for any kind of instability because its very possible with damage to the socket. Any make sure there arent any broken pins loose in the socket to potentially short pins - that could cause major problems.

Glad you got up and running but that's strange that you'd have damaged pins while changing the cooler unless you took the CPU out of the socket for some reason.  The lid and clasp should have kept it in place and protected.  Not saying it didn't happen, I'm just surprised that it did.

bread's done
Back