Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
$3.99 buffet at Cicis pizza, Monday - Wednesday, during the month of March. Must present coupon on mobile device w/ code 23055.

https://cicis.com/EWD/

6xADuvF.png
I didn't know Feces Pizza was still around.

Microcenter.

Anyone just need a Internet laptop PC and never been a Customer at Microcenter before?

NOTE - this is not a gaming laptop.

Check this out, fill it out, and send it to your modern phone.

HP Laptop = $200 w/ coupon from above

-> Laptop =  HP 15-ef1082nr 15.6" Laptop Computer Silver

-> Specs  = AMD Ryzen 3 3250U 2.6GHz Processor; 8GB DDR4-2400 RAM; 256GB Solid State Drive; AMD Radeon Graphics (integrated).

They did the same thing w/ a coupon 2 weeks ago or so w/ a 16gb RAM and a 3050 Ti laptop for $600. Hopefully, they keep doing stuff like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I lived without a Microcenter for so long, and then one popped up a mile from my house. It was awesome.

Then I moved 600 miles away and there isn't a Microcenter anywhere near me and I am sad.

But, I did get a wife and kids, so that balances the equation.

Right?

Man, I lived without a Microcenter for so long, and then one popped up a mile from my house. It was awesome.

Then I moved 600 miles away and there isn't a Microcenter anywhere near me and I am sad.

Right?

A356jiI.gif

Right?

If only Microcenter added another one mile from your house. I wish mine was a mile from my house - but, when I need to go there going into Boston and then to Storrow Drive & its traffic often sucks to try to get to Cambridge.

I think last night was likely my last dip into Elden Ring.  It wasn't the difficulty, it was just that the difficulty didn't feel worth it for whatever laid beyond.  I was fighting some named dude and predictably getting my butt kicked but getting closer when I just had that "Why?" moment.  I wasn't going to cheer when I finally beat him and I didn't feel like beating him meant much to the in-game world at large and I didn't even assume he would drop anything I want (yay, a melee weapon for my pseudo-wizard).  The only real reason to keep at it was if I found the combat mechanics themselves to be enjoyable.  The feeling I had wasn't rage or frustration, just "I could probably be better spending my time on something else".

I could go on about minor details that Souls Fans would likely sneer at ("This isn't a game about that, man...") but that brings me back around to the game being pinned entirely to the combat.  And if the combat isn't doing it for you, you likely won't find many other reasons to keep playing.

This isn't to say it's a bad game.  It's not.  It's well made, looks good, handles well, etc.  If you're in love with the Souls thing, I'm sure this game is solid gold.  I can tell that there's a quality game in there.  I'm saying that, for people who never got into the Souls-combat thing but thought this more expansive world might offer a rewarding reason to dip in, it probably won't.

Meanwhile I'm nearing 40 hours into Elden Ring and I'm not sure if I'll bother playing any other game ever again.

At this point FromSoft easily has all of my Top 5 all-time faves. I clearly like their style, but I still hesitate to recommend them to certain friends. I know it's not going to click for everyone. But they sure do work for me, and what I love about them goes well beyond combat. The exploration, the meticulous level design, the complete lack of hand-holding (this is huge), the deceptively complex lore, the character building and true role-playing, and most of all, of course, the fashion!

6abIdYI.jpg

I think last night was likely my last dip into Elden Ring. It wasn't the difficulty, it was just that the difficulty didn't feel worth it for whatever laid beyond. I was fighting some named dude and predictably getting my butt kicked but getting closer when I just had that "Why?" moment. I wasn't going to cheer when I finally beat him and I didn't feel like beating him meant much to the in-game world at large and I didn't even assume he would drop anything I want (yay, a melee weapon for my pseudo-wizard). The only real reason to keep at it was if I found the combat mechanics themselves to be enjoyable. The feeling I had wasn't rage or frustration, just "I could probably be better spending my time on something else".

I could go on about minor details that Souls Fans would likely sneer at ("This isn't a game about that, man...") but that brings me back around to the game being pinned entirely to the combat. And if the combat isn't doing it for you, you likely won't find many other reasons to keep playing.

This isn't to say it's a bad game. It's not. It's well made, looks good, handles well, etc. If you're in love with the Souls thing, I'm sure this game is solid gold. I can tell that there's a quality game in there. I'm saying that, for people who never got into the Souls-combat thing but thought this more expansive world might offer a rewarding reason to dip in, it probably won't.
If the difficulty of certain fights is getting to you, you could cheese it and grind a few levels by the bridge with the dragon on the eastern side of the world map. That area is perfect for leveling … which might break the game, but works for me.

With Souls games or games like ELEX where it’s ridiculously hard at the start to the point where it isn’t fun, I find that gaming the game to power up makes it more fun for me. I’m still getting my ass kicked in Elden Ring, but I’m slowly leveling up using that area to the point where the tide is turning.

Fought a ghost skeleton in a boat last night in the middle of a cemetery … so the game continues to surprise me …

Fought a ghost skeleton in a boat last night in the middle of a cemetery … so the game continues to surprise me …
Hey, I think I fought the same guy the night before last! Unless there's multiple boat-ghosts drifting about.

I do appreciate that there's fast travel points near all the boss locations so you can wave off a fight and come back when you're so inclined. I don't know if grinding is the answer since it's less "frustrated at the fights" and more "indifferent to whatever is after the fight" so whether it's an hour spent getting beat down by Swordface the Swordinator or an hour spent murdering trash mobs to prepare for Swordface the Swordinator, it's still an hour spent on something that I'm not finding especially compelling. But I also don't have plans on what to play next so who knows, maybe it'll fill time before I find the next game.

I think my favorite moment from the game was with the giant pot:

When you find the walking pot dude stuck in the ground and help him and he talks about going to some distant land to participate in a tournament. It was about the only time I felt that the world existed for anything other than myself. 95% of the other NPCs are are basically "Hey, you must be Player One, lemme give you my schtick to guide you along"
but this guy was "Hey, glad to meet you and thanks but I got my own shit going on that isn't about you being Tarnished and rings and which boss you should get murdered by next"

Meanwhile I'm nearing 40 hours into Elden Ring and I'm not sure if I'll bother playing any other game ever again.

At this point FromSoft easily has all of my Top 5 all-time faves. I clearly like their style, but I still hesitate to recommend them to certain friends. I know it's not going to click for everyone. But they sure do work for me, and what I love about them goes well beyond combat. The exploration, the meticulous level design, the complete lack of hand-holding (this is huge), the deceptively complex lore, the character building and true role-playing, and most of all, of course, the fashion!

6abIdYI.jpg
Yep, three of my top five are souls games and if Elden Ring doesn't lose Steam(ah ha ha) it's going to wind up there too. It's everything I've always enjoyed so much about these kinds of games but with all the QoL and exploration the other games lacked.

5600x for $179 at microcenter with this promo.  downside: the offer is on facebook and account is required.  I keep a phony account around with no actual personal info and that worked fine.  It can also be a $250 b2 stepping 5800x.

6abIdYI.jpg
It's okay friend. Just give me all of your thoughts and dreams.

Augur-of-Ebrietas.gif

Right?

Depends, is she driving the 600 miles to pick up your stuff from Microcenter?

6abIdYI.jpg
It's big and it's bland,
full of tension and fear.
They do it over there
but we don't do it here.

Fashion! Turn to the left
Fashion! Turn to the right
Ooo! Fashion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0ZMVEBjcvs

(Gotta make Bowie references where you can.)

5600x for $179 at microcenter with this promo. downside: the offer is on facebook and account is required. I keep a phony account around with no actual personal info and that worked fine. It can also be a $250 b2 stepping 5800x.
I broke down and picked up the 12core. Its down to $450. $600 or less for the 16core.

Also the next Hitman game should be a new series based on Passenger 57.

Valve releases the Steam Deck, Epic makes Bandcamp an exclusive.

I broke down and picked up the 12core. Its down to $450. $600 or less for the 16core.
5900x? Yeah seems good for the same price at which the 5800x launched. Who knows if the silly msrp tags return for the -3D am4 cpus.

Personally I decided to get my foot in the door on socket 1700 and bought a 12400. The z690 itx board I bought was expensive (250) but I have a feeling ddr4 boards like that might not be in production for very long.

5900x? Yeah seems good for the same price at which the 5800x launched. Who knows if the silly msrp tags return for the -3D am4 cpus.

Personally I decided to get my foot in the door on socket 1700 and bought a 12400. The z690 itx board I bought was expensive (250) but I have a feeling ddr4 boards like that might not be in production for very long.
A fair assumption on the mobo given Intel's past and the new stuff coming out later this year. The new 5800X3D is rumored to be due this month, price guessed at $399 but I wouldn't be surprised if they hit $450 msrp if AMD thinks they can get away with it due to demand/supply.

Deck arrives today. What cheaper/smallish monitor do you guys suggest? Plan on jimmy riggin the deck to be my main gaming PC.
Out of curiosity, how long between you being informed that you need to pay for it to receiving it in hand? Mine is supposed to ship this month and I haven’t received any communication thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6abIdYI.jpg
I'm about 55 hours in and can say it's the greatest game they've ever made. I hold Bloodborne in the absolute highest regard, but Elden Ring manages to top it in every conceivable way. I prefer the Lovecraftian themes and enemies in Bloodborne a lot more than typical fantasy settings, but can forgive all that for crafting the most robust game world I've ever traversed. I damn near cried when I first hopped on Torrent and looked over the ridge to the sea because it reminded me of the first time I did the same on the PS2 in Shadow of the Colossus.

I really don't want to make any more over the top claims, but it's a game that's perpetually rewarding for just about anyone. I wouldn't say it's free of handholding, though. If anything this might be the easiest game to pick up and play because of the world map + fast travel, the ash summons, the guiding lights, the refilling of flasks for mob wipes, stakes of marika respawns, no real penalty for dying outside of rune loss, very VERY generous i-frames for rolls and general QOL stuff. Don't get me wrong, the difficult portions are still a pain in the ass (looking at you, Crucible Knight) but it's about as welcoming as Souls games get.

My only real complaints with the game are the obvious technical shortcomings of the PC port. I have pretty beefy PC specs and still get those nasty stutters if I'm near mountains and sometimes my game will randomly freeze when being summoned for multiplayer. Have to end task to get it to close. Doesn't happen very often, but it's still a shitty thing to deal with.

VUHApXn.jpg

So many bundles and discounts... and not a thing I either don't have or am interested in playing.

First time in some time where there's nothing I want to pick up.  Might go FakeyBro Elden Ring, then, but want to wait for more patches.

Out of curiosity, how long between you being informed that you need to pay for it to receiving it in hand? Mine is supposed to ship this month and I haven’t received any communication thus far.
Mine's arriving tomorrow after fedex delay. Paid on fri 6 days ago. So overall looks like 5-7 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The next day but it did not move until that Monday. (Shipped on Friday)

I would say the PC gaming market has been a huge disaster for quite a while, with the price of graphics cards being chief among them.
Based on what? How is the PC gaming market a huge disaster? Sales have been great, haven't they? I don't know that hardware shortage has had much of an impact on software sales. Certainly not disastrously so.

Keep in mind that the context of the whole discussion was how Microsoft has been rather shifty and unreliable in the PC sales arena, and that Steam has proven to be a much more trustworthy and reliable PC games marketplace.

Some more impressions of Steam Fest Games E-N. I'm still going through ones I installed that are available. The highlight of this group is Kusan : City of Wolves, which seems like a cool Hotline Miami type game. It looked cool, played well, and was extremely challenging without being unfair. Lucy Dreaming also was a competent adventure game with excellent graphics and pretty good voice acting. Overall there were some other decent games, but some of the worst games also appear in this list.

Eastern Exorcist - 10 minutes completed demo. This one is a pretty cool looking side scrolling slashing game with stamina and all. It looks really nice and the sound and music are solid too. The voice acting is alright too. The game controls alright enough with the Series X controller. It feels a little floaty mainly for jumping, but not too bad. I liked it, but it felt a little bit of style over substance. 7/10

HROT - 10 minutes. This one is an old school boomer shooter as they call them now. The graphics are simple but alright. Movement and shooting feel floaty and weird. The music is OK enough to set the mood, as are the sounds just alright. I kept running out of ammo on normal and died a few times. Nothing amazing, but would get bundled. 5.5/10

Kingdom Shell - 37 minutes. This one is 2D Metroidvania game about a guy who’s a half devil and is needed to help when someone breaks some shells. It controlled pretty well, looked pretty good, and the music was alright. The sounds weren’t as good with muffled sounding coin pickups and somewhat weak sounding hits on enemies. It felt just good, but nothing amazing. I would get bundled. 6/10

Kuroi Tsubasa - 14 minutes completed demo. This one is a visual novel about a vassal looking for someone with positivity on the earth. It ends up finding an office worker who is a bad situation, but keeps her head up. They end up possessing a bat plushie of hers and it helps her figure out her dream and all. This one had pretty good graphics and a decent enough soundtrack. I wish there were voices. I liked it enough to keep an eye out and would get it bundled or discounted. 7/10

Kujlevka - 36 minutes. This one is an adventure game that’s kind of strange about a guy who is shot and disabled by a sniper. Stuff happens and an alien ship crashes into his house. You attempt to establish contact and figure out things while others come and do things and you interact with them. It is in Russian and had a weird translation at times. The voices seemed good. The graphics were unique and OK. The music and sounds were just OK. I didn’t like this one as much, as the story seemed confusing and I wasn’t sure of much here. 5/10

Kusan : City of Wolves - 57 minutes completed demo. This one is top down shooter/brawler reminiscent of Hotline Miami. It also has pretty cool graphics where you play a previous soldier cat guy I believe who is now doing missions for clients. These usually involve going into places and punching/shooting/throwing knives to kill them all and move on. This can be hard and I felt it handled better with keyboard and mouse over the Xbox Series X controller. The music was good and the sound effects were as well. The story was shown in comic book panels. The only part I disliked was a boss, of which it took me maybe 20 times to beat. Its one hit kills so it can be annoying. Otherwise I thought this was a good game and would get it discounted or bundled. 8/10

Long and Hard... Summer! - 56 minutes completed demo. This one is I think an RPGMaker simulator game where you play a student who failed his exams. For the next month or more you need to raise stats, date girls, do tasks and find love and hopefully not fail. This one was 18+ and looked decent. I wish there was fast travel. The music was pretty good. I was having fun and the story seemed alright. I’m glad there is a fast button for the repetitive stat grinding scenes. I would pick this up on sale or bundled. 7.5/10

Lost In Fantaland - 38 minutes. This one is similar to Final Fantasy Tactics except you get cards like a deck builder and it’s a rogue lite game and the graphics are very similar (almost plagiarism for characters) where you navigate a map Slay the Spire style except you can visit all nodes in whatever order (not a fan). Overall this seems pretty fun and has some light movement manipulation similar to Into the Breach. I think the graphics could get them noticed by S-E. Also the music was generic, but OK. Everything controlled from the mouse OK. I would get it cheaper or bundled. 7/10

Lucy Dreaming - 44 minutes demo completed. This one is a similar adventure game to like a Day of the Tentacle. The voice acting is very British and not bad once you get used to it. The graphics are solid and the puzzles seemed logical enough, although I needed a hint for the last part. Overall it’s solid, has decent music, and the graphics were excellent. It feels very high quality. Would probably get on sale or bundled. 8/10

Lunark - 18 minutes completed demo. This one is a 2D platformer in vein of games like Out of This World and Flashback. It controls extremely clunkily just like them. Somehow it looks a lot worse than them, with pixel graphics, but they look blurry and chunky and just hard to distinguish. Honestly I almost stopped playing on graphics alone. The controls work OK once you get used to them but shielding, shooting and moving never felt good for fights. It made it worse in a boss fight near the end of the demo. Honestly it was OK, and maybe the story would get good, but it just didn’t feel too great. 5.5/10

the machine that BREATHES - 34 minutes completed demo. This one was a kind of survival somewhat clunky 2D action adventure game that kind of plays like a Metal Gear NES or so. It is kind of weird and the lack of inventory space sucks, but the story seemed interesting, the graphics alright and the music/sound quite good. It seemed to be a quality game and well worth playing after a sale or bundled. 7/10

Magic of Spring - 8 minutes. This one is kind of a go around the map deck builder of sorts where you conjure cards. The translation with the dialogue is extremely stilted. I wouldn’t mind it that much, but the gameplay just feels slow and lame. You challenge obelisks and you can play one of an attacking creature and can have a support one as well. You have 4 commands to draw different cards, build energy, and some others. I couldn’t get far with what was done and could only win one fight. Not a fan at all. 4/10

Mechanibot - 21 minutes completed demo. This one feels like a tower defense, except you can move stuff around. You play a Mechanibot who gets little towers and can move them and repair them and such. Between levels you upgrade up to 5 of these towers, and goes through waves of enemies. It’s pretty neat, but a little boring. The graphics and music are great. I beat the demo after a somewhat tough last boss, but I could see the appeal in it. 7/10

MINDHACK - 14 minutes completed demo. This one is a unique looking visual novel about a doctor who doesn’t say much, and his flowers and he mindhacks bugs away to make their minds flowers. You see the doctor’s gloved white hands as he makes gestures and there is some dialogue as well. The hacking game is worst of all where it’s just typing phrases to finish the hack. This one just felt weird, and I didn’t really like any of the characters. It could lead to something alright though. The graphics were cool at least, and the music seemed aight. 6/10

Mr. Sleepy Man - 11 minutes. This one is a 3D platformer with somewhat weird looking graphics and characters starring a guy who is sleepy and goes around. It has some gliding like BoTW, but just doesn’t feel too precise. The voice work was decent and the music was OK. I just didn’t like the gameplay and gliding felt off for sure. 5/10

MURICA - 12 minutes. This one is a 2D platforming Metroidvania game. This one had a confusing story about dying and being reborn a clone or something. The game controlled pretty badly with the Series X controller. I felt the platforming wasn’t that clean, as well as the fighting and shooting. The game was generally silent other than sound effects. I didn’t like this one at all. 4/10

Nadir - 8 minutes. This one is a deck building game where you play a sin I guess and fight stuff from hell. It plays out where there are red and blue cards. The enemy intents are shown as blue and red. Using a card flips the intent to the other side making it where you try to set up the best intent for your current cards and skills. I got confused and I just didn’t like this very much. I played a few battles but it felt weird and repetitive already. The art style was cool, but nothing else clicked for me. 5/10

Nine Noir Lives - 29 minutes completed demo. This one is an adventure game similar to Lucasarts games where you play a cat who is a detective. It has good graphics and excellent voice acting. The moving around and interacting with stuff wasn’t as clean, but it was doable. There seemed to be some possible decent crime solving in this one. The music was classic Noir detective music. Overall would pick up on sale or bundled 7/10

Ninja Issen - 12 minutes. This one is a 2D platformer similar to a Ninja Gaiden game. The graphics were pretty good pixelly type. The sounds were alright and the music was pretty good. The controls with the Series X controller were a bit floaty and weird for combat. I didn’t like the combat very much. It all felt clunky and especially felt horrible in the boss fight I quit on. The jumping even feels weird at times where I felt I couldn’t jump high enough correctly to hit enemies. The story presented as comic book panes was alright. I didn’t like this one much, although it had potential. 5/10

Also a great day to start climbing toward Ascension 20 again (oled nsw for scale).

[attachment=36733:sdeck.jpg]

How easy is it to press the B button? Because every time I see this thing I am consistently struck by how awkwardly placed the face buttons look.
My initial impressions are that the sticks / buttons are slightly more comfortable than I expected. Though I'm not a small guy (6'2") and the sticks are about as far of a reach as my thumbs will go without unnaturally reaching. B button is pretty natural. I'm just constantly hitting it mistakenly to confirm since my brain is used to handheld > nintendo > right button to confirm.

I've launched two games so far - both officially unsupported. I was pleased to see Trails in the Sky FC play fine so far. Chrono Trigger (the recent-ish SE release) runs but stutters hard and is unplayable.

Pretty sure I'm putting win10 on this thing sooner than later.

Awesome @ the Steam Deck.

Okay, I have to ask; can it run Crysis? ;)
Zero desire to try to install Origin to find out. I do use Origin to play Mass Effect games. But those are strictly done with kbm & ultrawide at the desktop.

(That was an overly-literal, direct answer to a joke question. How does it feel, MysterD?)

bread's done
Back