Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So, I have an old 3TB SATA drive (about 6 years old) dying in my primary gaming PC right now.  I already have an NVMe drive and SSD in the PC in the system that handle most things, but there are some older games on there (along with photos and such) that don't really need the faster speed.  I was looking at replacing it with a WD Black drive, but was curious as to if anyone had any thoughts.  

Thanks in advance.  

Gabe enjoying his Steam Deck.

4qfbxuwvgpw91.png

I've gone from HDD to SATA SSD to now NVMe for my storage. Everyone that advised me is correct in that HDD to SATA SSD is a noticeable drop in load times and then less perceivable to NVMe. So, with that said, if you don't have load time or texture streaming type issues in games with your current HDD, then you you may not notice the performance gain. However, you might want to check out Best Buy for any Geek Squad certified refurbished SSDs. Most of those drives, as I understand it, are what they use for transferring data on customers computers that they have for repair, so they have very little usage, but are significantly discounted. I have bought several 970 EVO Plus (500GB to 2TB) and a couple QVO (860 and 870) and all had less than 300GB written with only a few hours (under 12) total runtime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still use WD Blacks for general storage, like videos. For even pictures, I prefer SSD. I recently bought a 1TB NVMe drive and a 4 TB WD Black (to replace a 2 TB WD Black), so I still use both.

So depends on what's on your 3TB.

I still use WD Blacks for general storage, like videos. For even pictures, I prefer SSD. I recently bought a 1TB NVMe drive and a 4 TB WD Black (to replace a 2 TB WD Black), so I still use both.

So depends on what's on your 3TB.
Yeah, I pretty much just need general storage at this point. Since I have uncapped internet, I don't mind downloading a game when I want to play it.

I think I'll look at a bigger WD Black, but keep my eyes open for another NVMe at some point.

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

It's a VN with a JRPG attached; it's a slow burn and meant to be a marathon, not a sprint. If you try to binge it, it'll cause you to bounce off. Putting in a few hours or so every few days like watching an anime series makes it more enjoyable.

I actually played each character arc as a "season" and put it down for a bit due to life between each one and still found it pretty enjoyable.
Though if you don't do s links that cuts down the play time significantly.

The first dungeon is also obscenely long. I started to get burnout from that alone.

WD Black drives are probably still the best of consumer hard drives. Seagate Firecude drives would be in second, first in price/value usually.

Does No Mans Sky or Witcher 3 go on sale often?

Recently got Witcher 3 on switch but prolly gonna trade it up eventually and get the pc version cause I’m getting a deck

Typically lowest I've seen No Man's Sky (from non grey market vendors) is 50% off.  Well past time for it to hit at least 70% off or so.

Witcher 3 GOTY (GOG) is 11 dollars on cdkeys. If you want the Steam version youll probably need to wait til a seasonal sale

No mans Sky (Steam) is 15.19 also

Ive never had an issue from their site and bought a lot of games

SeedyKeys is literally the definition of a gray market seller, though?
No clue but they post direct messages in CAG main forums. (Lately its only been for PSN cards). Ive used them for years on pre-orders and other games and never had my keys revoked/issues. I assume they buy keys when they get bundled with stuff. Thats how I got my Witcher 3 key for GOG it was bundled with my 970. But were here for deals and those are probably the cheapest prices outside seasonal sales

I would stick with verified key vendors rather than the gray market sites, especially for a game like The Witcher 3 which goes on sale all the time. You're not even saving much (if anything) on a gray market site vs a legit vendor for that game anyway

Typically lowest I've seen No Man's Sky (from non grey market vendors) is 50% off. Well past time for it to hit at least 70% off or so.
Problem is: Hello Games keeps adding free content to try to get the game to everything they originally promised; and gamers keep buying it at decent pricing.

So, that price ain't gonna drop much b/c of the value factor and gamers keep buying it.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1589664265366999041?t=1TYZJtgvmIqI9LAhJLw9yQ&s=19

Thoughts on the LG monitor compare to the Dell 2721DGF? Pretty sure the Dell will get even cheaper in a few weeks. Thinking about dual monitors setup.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1589664265366999041?t=1TYZJtgvmIqI9LAhJLw9yQ&s=19

Thoughts on the LG monitor compare to the Dell 2721DGF? Pretty sure the Dell will get even cheaper in a few weeks. Thinking about dual monitors setup.
May want to just invest in one of those mega-wide monitors; 49" I think. My wife has one and now swears she can't go back. For gaming it creates a fish-eye lens and for productivity, she just has multiple custom windows open all over rather than needing different screens.

It looks decent and LG are good. 32'' is also very big for dual monitor setups IMHO (about 27'' each is my ideal). I use an ultra wide myself 34'' LG myself, but I'm sure this will be fine. Refresh looks solid enough. 

The dell model you mention is much superior. The LG is probably a lower quality VA panel and lacks gsync.

For me, the diminishing returns on a gaming experience start around 100fps and reach an indistinguishable level after 120. So I never target hardware beyond that point. But I'm also playing arpg's and not competitive fps games on energy drinks.

You know, in a just world, that would probably be one the more unsettling things one could possibly be confronted with. 

But tomorrow is election day, so no, the next 24+ hours are probably going to be a continuous march of sadness and disappointment. 

This is a totally non-partisan statement.  I'm disappointed in everyone and everything right now. 
Go vote. Just so the world doesn't suck as much as it does right now. It doesn't matter what you vote for.
It doesn't matter if I agree with you, or if I'd spend the rest of my life rallying against the very thing you're going to vote for.   
Take part in the process.  Make the process work.  Continue to prove that Democracy is the worst system of governance except for all of the other ones. 

1c512c0a-2a47-4336-b671-cbb854287968.2a874400d830608f86b5b6f71b41e090.jpeg

For those with the official steam deck dock, do you leave the deck connected to the dock when not in use? I notice it drops battery when it’s not charging and ends up always charging back up throughout the day and night to get back to 100% would this somehow damage the battery if I don’t play for a few days/weeks?

Certain TV/monitors models are made just for Black Friday and are cheaper because the components are cheaper. I woukd invest in something else as a monitor could easily be the one thing you upgrade the least on a conputer.

You would think certain key word combinations would set off a red flag, like Hitler & Sex.

I can also say that I never thought until that moment I would ever put those words in the same sentence.

Wait for the sequel, Sex with Terrorists

You would think certain key word combinations would set off a red flag, like Hitler & Sex.

I can also say that I never thought until that moment I would ever put those words in the same sentence.

Wait for the sequel, Sex with Terrorists
Did I miss fun?

EDIT:

Oh... somehow I didn't see the last few posts on the previous page for me.

I always vote third parties specifically so my voice doesn’t matter.
Thanks to obscenely gerrymandered House districts that entrenches incumbents of both political parties, the electoral college that makes voting for president meaningless in all but a dozen or so states, a Senate that grants representation to plots of land instead of population, a primary system that is almost completely dominated by the most off putting, extreme activist weirdos that in no way represent the values or goals of a normal American… your voice doesn’t matter much less than the average Team Blue or Team Red voter. But I suppose this was just a sarcastic jab at people who snub the duopoly anyway.

Thanks to obscenely gerrymandered House districts that entrenches incumbents of both political parties, the electoral college that makes voting for president meaningless in all but a dozen or so states, a Senate that grants representation to plots of land instead of population, a primary system that is almost completely dominated by the most off putting, extreme activist weirdos that in no way represent the values or goals of a normal American… your voice doesn’t matter much less the average Team Blue or Team Red voter. But I suppose this was just a sarcastic jab at people who snub the duopoly anyway.
It was a sarcastic jab at myself, since I always vote third party whenever the option is available. Doesn’t even matter if I don’t agree with the candidate.

You can vote for Steam, Epic (or Itch.io if you're living dangerously).

I always vote third parties specifically so my voice doesn’t matter.
While it doesn't immediately matter, it shows that you're willing to vote (among all others that did) and that you're fed up with the binary two party system we're all stuck with. No one likes this - Congress approval rating confirms this. - I voted 3rd party in 2020 presidential election for the very reason.

Ranked Choice voting, ya'll! - Someone, get onto making that a Steam game we could add to a bundle.

bread's done
Back