Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Wow, that game must have bombed really hard. It came out like 6 months ago and they're already giving it away for free on Epic? LOL
AFAIK it didn't bomb.. on console. No one buys shit on epic though so I guess it was inevitable that it'd end up free on there, I'm surprised it happened so quickly though

It was always a mistake for it to be an epic exclusive. Also, it being free on epic will increase the amount of cheaters quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evil dead was pretty fun but I played on Xbox. Fell off after a bit cus I had no friends with the game and it just didnt do much for me playing with randos, but hoping since it's cross play some friends will grab it for free and we can give it a go again

Just a heads up for anyone who might be interested in an RX 6000-series GPU: There's a new Raise The Game offer that just went live a couple days ago. Anything RX 6600 or higher includes:

- The Callisto Protocol (December 2nd)

- Dead Island 2 (some time between February 3rd 2023 and the heat death of the universe)

Wow, I think this is two weeks in a row I forgot to get Epic freebies. I think Shadow Tactics is a repeat and I think I have like 4 copies of that game from 4 different sources since last year at least.

Evil Dead should be good though. I've been wanting to try it. Reviews were mixed after a month or so. If it had been on Steam I might have given it a try at say $30. Same with that Ghostbusters game.

So, probably not the right thread, but I figure, PC gaming, Steam thread...

I am awaiting the arrival of a an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X. My plan is to flash the BIOS on my B350 to the current beta version, which should support it.

My only concern is, once I go that route, there's no going back, and if something doesn't work, I'm dead in the water with my Ryzen 5 1600 CPU and a board it will no longer work on.

That all being said...I was looking at grabbing a B550 board, and was curious if you all had recommendations?

Not really a recommendation per se, but I'm on Gigabyte B550M Aorus Pro 1.0 (also with a 5600X) and it's serviceable. Nothing fancy, met my requirements and does the job intended. I've had a few Asrock boards and unless you have minimal budget/needs or get one of their "higher end" boards, I'd opt for another brand. I was wanting to go MSI with something like a Mortar, but alas, I'm cheap frugal.

I actually have an ASRock B350M right now, and it's been fine for the past 5 yrs or so....of course, now I see a deal on a Dell XPS that's an upgrade across the board....buuut I don't think I can justify that much more $$ :D

Finally after about 7 years upgraded my system with an old dell optiplex 790 for cheap.  Took out my old radeon 580x, LG bluray and PS, upgraded memory to 16GB for $30, and grabbed an i7-2400 off ebay for $20, installed windows 11 and installed steam, runs deathloop great, really surprised how fast this thing is for how old it is.

I am awaiting the arrival of a an AMD Ryzen 5 5600X. My plan is to flash the BIOS on my B350 to the current beta version, which should support it.

My only concern is, once I go that route, there's no going back, and if something doesn't work, I'm dead in the water with my Ryzen 5 1600 CPU and a board it will no longer work on.

That all being said...I was looking at grabbing a B550 board, and was curious if you all had recommendations?
The Asus Tuf boards are pretty good. Though I only have experience with the B450 model as I wanted support for the older 1st/2nd gen Ryzens. As far as I know, all the b550 boards only support 3rd gen and 4th (5000 series) cpus.

So I'm looking to upgrade my current CPU/motherboard and I'm not sure the route I want to take.  I live close enough to a Microcenter so I'll probably end up getting my stuff from them. 

I'm currently running on an i7-6700k from 2017.  I'm trying to keep it to around the $300-350 range if possible and I'm trying to find the best cost to performance ratio.  Microcenter is currently running an i7-11700K + ASUS Z590-PLUS TUF motherboard combo for $250, which strikes me as a fantastic deal.  But I'm not sure if I want to go the Intel route again, so the other option I'm looking at is either a Ryzen 5 5600/5600X or a Ryzen 7 5700X plus a decent priced motherboard.  If I go the AMD route I'm leaning towards the 5600/5600X because it sounds like it's about the same as the 5700X when it comes to gaming.

Just curious if anyone has had experience with either of these sets of CPUs and can offer advice on what would be better overall?  Or if I should consider something else for my price range.  Video card is a non-issue since I got a 3070Ti earlier this year so I'm set for a while on that.

Not sure how much this helps and all.

I can only speak for the i7 10700KF desktop CPU and AMD R5 5600H mobile CPU in my laptop specifically. They're both fine and do their job real well.

Granted, I didn't go the building a PC route and all, so it was all already done for me - 10700KF desktop (with also RTX 3070 8gb VRAM card, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, W10) was custom-built by CyberPower when the whole pandemic crap went on and 8gb RTX 3070's were very new and hard to find; and my laptop is a Gigabyte A1 (with R5 5600H, 6gb RTX 3060m, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, W11) - but I don't know, hard to go wrong w/ modern CPU's that are i5's or better or R5 or better from either Intel or AMD.

Granted, I think the Intel 11700KF or AMD 5600/5700's will be a lot better and newer than the now aging i7 6700k.

EDIT:

Plus, your awesome 3070 Ti is gonna probably rock w/ either of the i7 or R7's you're looking at. [shrug]

The 5700x is a good deal around $200 these days but not much more than that for the AMD side of things. 5600 is a good option for mostly gaming, can't really go wrong price/perf wise when those chips are down to $130 or less. That MC intel deal is very good though. Either $150 for the mobo and $100 for cpu or vice/versa. The mobo alone goes for $143 at the lowest. Figure a 5600 based system would go with $100 mobo plus cpu for maybe $220 if going by current pcpartpicker price lists. So $250 isn't shabby for the i7 with more cores/threads.

The more I think about it, the Intel build is probably the best price/perf unless Microcenter has a better AMD deal.

The one thing I'll add is that the 11700K is going to generate significantly higher power draw and heat output than something like a 5600.  Not saying it's a bad deal - just have a cooling solution in mind (none will come with the cpu).  While am4 cpu's are really low right now, boards are higher than they've been in the past.  That $250 MC combo is going to be your best $ to performance ratio for new components as long as you don't mind buying into a discontinued socket. Bonus fun for overclocking potential, which the TUF board can handle.

I posted a while back about getting $25 Microcenter vouchers (no minimum, excludes clearance/OB) when you submit details of a build.  I've been doing this a few days before I make any Microcenter trip.  You can get a new one every 30 days. They do apply to combos, taking the $25 off the cpu while the board gets the combo discount.  MC also emailed out free $10 vouchers to (possibly targeted) existing accounts (sent 11/8, expires 11/25).

xAI9JMv.gif

kevin-conroy-batman_PiwO00Y.jpg

Voidu 30% off is back even if you used it last time. Just be warned that it looks like the whole site is on sale but it is actually a one time use code that it automatically applied to the order so if you're planning to buy multiple games do it in a single transaction

Voidu 30% off is back even if you used it last time. Just be warned that it looks like the whole site is on sale but it is actually a one time use code that it automatically applied to the order so if you're planning to buy multiple games do it in a single transaction
Thank you! I applied the points I got from my recent 30% off order of Elden Ring and Winter's Expansion and walked away with Resident Evil 4 for $39.97.

I'm not a fan of interest free loans, but that money isn't earning 50% in the next four months in Biden's economy.

Just built a new PC with:

MSI B550 tomahawk max wifi 180

ryzen 5 5600x 180

32GB ddr4 3600 cl16 RAM 120

3080 asus tuf 10gb 400

wd 1tb 4x4 nvme 100

750w psu 70

corsair 220rgb mid size case 85

really happy with it. Got the ram and 3080 secondary market. Both very good deals.

Just built a new PC with:

MSI B550 tomahawk max wifi 180

ryzen 5 5600x 180

32GB ddr4 3600 cl16 RAM 120

3080 asus tuf 10gb 400

wd 1tb 4x4 nvme 100

750w psu 70

corsair 220rgb mid size case 85

really happy with it. Got the ram and 3080 secondary market. Both very good deals.
I am currently looking at the MSI MAG B550 Tomohawk and the MSI B550-A Pro. I need to compare them to my current board (the ASRock B350M) to make sure that they at least have the same options (and hopefully more) so I could just do a swap in.

**Edit** Just did a stare and compare. Both of the above motherboards look too detract nothing, and add all the things.

I have my old case, from my PC I built in 2006/7. I could strip that out, and start building a new computer.... :D

I want to buy a steamdeck and upgrade it to 1tb. Any recommendations for the storage upgrade?
I know this doesnt help your actual question, but I absolutely LOVE my steamdeck. I got the 64gb version and threw in a 512gb SD card. So far I have not had an issue. I have Brotato, DMC 5, Fallout NV, Horizon Zero Dawn, Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes, Shadow of Mordor, No Man's Sky, Rimworld, Ryse Son of Rome, Snow Runner and Vampire Survivors installed and still have half of my 512 remaining. The shader cache does seem to eat up the internal a bit. Of the 46.5 available on the internal SSD, I have 11.2 gbs left, with no games installed on the internal SSD. Anywho, like I said, I know it doesnt help, but.. Yay Steamdeck!

So the Steam version of Hitman 3 actually comes down to $17.22 for me after an extra XP Gold discount. Getting tempting. Worth checking your Gold Offers page if you're eligible for some better discounts on other games.

Witcher 3 - Next-Gen Updater.

From Twitter.

Notes:

- Free Next-Gen update for W3 coming on Dec. 14th.

- For all you PC Gamers: if you got mods, saves, etc....might wanna back-up your current W3 game-folder somewhere else safely.

- The above's a back-up folder you might need...just in case new patch might break saves, mods, etc.

Does this version of RDR2 play on steam deck?
No clue, don't own a Steam Deck.

If you're willing to experiment, some ideas.

Not sure if Epic's own service works out the box for Steam Deck - though you might want to try something like Heroic...which is an open-source platform to run GOG and Epic stuff on.

Not sure also if Rockstar Launcher runs well or even at all on Steam Deck either, as most of those guys (Origin, Epic Launcher, Rockstar Launcher, UPlay, etc) really ain't properly supporting Steam Deck/Steam OS/Linux anyways.

See this on Heroic:

https://youtu.be/a04q-wkueIo

Heroic is over here - https://heroicgameslauncher.com/

I'd recommend Heroic on any platform - yes, even Windows - since GOG and Epic Launcher can take so long to boot and/or connect to their servers anyways & their graphical interfaces are slow anyways. Heroic's pretty snappy here, unlike GOG or Heroic.

Anyone here tried running Epic Launcher, Rockstar Launcher games, and/or Heroic on the Deck?

No clue, don't own a Steam Deck.

If you're willing to experiment, some ideas.

Not sure if Epic's own service works out the box for Steam Deck - though you might want to try something like Heroic...which is an open-source platform to run GOG and Epic stuff on.

Not sure also if Rockstar Launcher runs well or even at all on Steam Deck either, as most of those guys (Origin, Epic Launcher, Rockstar Launcher, UPlay, etc) really ain't properly supporting Steam Deck/Steam OS/Linux anyways.

See this on Heroic:

https://youtu.be/a04q-wkueIo

Heroic is over here - https://heroicgameslauncher.com/

I'd recommend Heroic on any platform - yes, even Windows - since GOG and Epic Launcher can take so long to boot and/or connect to their servers anyways & their graphical interfaces are slow anyways. Heroic's pretty snappy here, unlike GOG or Heroic.

Anyone here tried running Epic Launcher, Rockstar Launcher games, and/or Heroic on the Deck?
Heroic has been problem free for me on SD

any cheap games ($5 or less) y'all recommend from the GMG sale?
The Last Campfire is $3.60 if you have XP Gold. Close to an historical low. Admittedly I haven't played it yet but it's on my wishlist and looks good. Has a Steam demo if you wanna try it out first. Moon Hunters is a buck and change and is pretty good too. And then I mentioned XCOM 2 which is $2.50-ish.

Worth adding that more games will get added over the course of the sale. Capcom, Square Enix and Sony specifically don't go live until next Tuesday.

bread's done
Back