Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
A common tip about self-tapping screws into plastic... When reassembling, turn the screw CCW until you feel it drop down. That'll be the screw seating itself in the existing threads. Then you can tighten it down without (or maybe just with less) risk of cross threading.
Yep, exactly! I remembered to do this when I went from 64->256 but on reassembly the second time with 256->1tb, I forgot and by the time I remembered I had already helpfully had all the screws partially in and had only tightened one. Whoops.

At least I finally found a good use for the goofy JSAux grip case. It keeps my deck halves nice and tight :/

Oh, and don't over tighten.

Cancelled my preorder for Callisto Protocol when I read about death animations being locked behind the season pass. Glad my spider sense paid off on this one 😜

Cancelled my preorder for Callisto Protocol when I read about death animations being locked behind the season pass. Glad my spider sense paid off on this one
Apparently there was a review embargo as well. I watched a couple of streams of it last night and even streamers with beefy gpu's and cpus it was stuttering here and there.

Even the new Marvel Midnight Suns game has some slowdowns in the combat mode. That game looks good in the combat part but the story mode is pretty bad with corny dialog even for a comic book game.

"The Callisto Protocol is disastrously poor [on PC] at launch" Digital Foundry @ @22:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psetdjz01mI

Midnight Sons being poor technically is both sad, but expected with how Firaxis releases their games.  I want it now, but will wait for a sale and some patches.  Seems like my kind of game, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was surprised how much ACG hated Midnight Suns, given some of the other positive reviews. I understand his gripes but it seems like an interesting game once it goes on sale.

Meanwhile I had some time to kill between finishing Ragnarok (which was pretty good) and awaiting this new game that sounds like a complicated butt problem so I’ve been catching up on GamePass stuff and Pentiment is turning out to be a pretty amazing game. As it stands I’d put it in my top 3 games of the year along with Elden Ring and Vampire Survivors. What a year…

Meanwhile I had some time to kill between finishing Ragnarok (which was pretty good) and awaiting this new game that sounds like a complicated butt problem so I’ve been catching up on GamePass stuff and Pentiment is turning out to be a pretty amazing game. As it stands I’d put it in my top 3 games of the year along with Elden Ring and Vampire Survivors. What a year…
For me Vampire Survivors is the GOTY. It is purely based on the fact that it single handedly created a whole new type of game and many games are now coming out copying it.

"Have they tried turning VSync off and on again?"
That won't solve Shader Compilation stutter problems.

Every time a game has a new special shader effect on PC, it's gonna stutter. This stuff needs to be cached ahead of time, basically...and since dev's don't know exactly what you're running for a GPU - unlike say a PS5 or XSX, which have a fixed-box and dev's know what GPU that system's always running b/c they're all the same - you'll always be hit w/ this problem on PC; the game figures that crap out as it goes along on PC.

Games really should pre-cache this stuff ahead of time - but nope, they often don't....b/c it'll likely take a while to do so on the pre-caching.

This has been a problem on PC on some other UE4 games, such as Deathloop and Ghostwire.

I was disappointed seeing the Callisto review scores this morning but after putting a few hours into it I have to say that I think a lot of the scores were generous. Like really generous. I have absolutely nothing good to say about the game and I'm not even playing the unplayable PC version.

I was disappointed seeing the Callisto review scores this morning but after putting a few hours into it I have to say that I think a lot of the scores were generous. Like really generous. I have absolutely nothing good to say about the game and I'm not even playing the unplayable PC version.
Without getting granularly specific and spoilery can you elaborate? I'm glad I held off on a day 1 buy but it's one that still interests me and I feel like I might enjoy it? Is it just too action heavy and not survival horrory enough? That's kinda the vibe I've been getting from what I've seen

Without getting granularly specific and spoilery can you elaborate? I'm glad I held off on a day 1 buy but it's one that still interests me and I feel like I might enjoy it? Is it just too action heavy and not survival horrory enough? That's kinda the vibe I've been getting from what I've seen
Without spoiling anything it is just a dull, derivative, clunky, and poorly designed pile of rubbish.

Despite having the worst title of any game I can think of in the history of gaming I have been cautiously optimistic about "The Callisto Protocol".

I will never feel optimistic about anything ever again.
Here's some to cheer you up!

TOTO Drake Two-Piece Elongated 1.6 GPF Universal Height TORNADO FLUSH Toilet with CEFIONTECT, Cotton White - CST776CSFG#01 https://a.co/d/1HIle3a

at Amazon for 30% off?

Since we talking about toilets... I got one of those ones that can flush a bucket of golf balls or like 60 chicken nuggets.  So nice.  Only time I ever had a clog was when flushing a pooper scooper full of partially frozen dog poop.

Since we talking about toilets... I got one of those ones that can flush a bucket of golf balls or like 60 chicken nuggets. So nice. Only time I ever had a clog was when flushing a pooper scooper full of partially frozen dog poop.
This raises so many questions that I don't want to know the answers to.

I got my Retroid Pocket 3+ in today.  It's pretty snazzy and look forward to working through the PSP backlog on this little guy.  Perfect screen for full speed 3x resolution emulation!  It's bright AF, too.

I own several North Bayou mounts and they are excellent for their price. They do have some wobble, but typically only when mounted to a wobbly desk with a larger monitor. There is zero chance I would ever buy an Ergo with the NB price/performance.

I own several North Bayou mounts and they are excellent for their price. They do have some wobble, but typically only when mounted to a wobbly desk with a larger monitor. There is zero chance I would ever buy an Ergo with the NB price/performance.
Sure. I 100% understand where you're coming from. I upgraded to a single amazonbasics Ergo when they were on sale, previously using a North Bayou for my big TV/Monitor but it couldn't handle the weight. This isn't that much more than a NB dual and honestly I wouldn't have believed there would be Any justification for paying the extra amount until I opened the box and set it up.

Forget everything I said before about Callisto. It's a 10/10.

lp1tmdd.jpg

The best gift you give yourself this holiday season is a bidet add-on as there is no simpler pleasure than having the ability to scrape the barnacles off the hull, leaving you feeling fresh and clean.

Guaranteed to be less poopy than Callisto Protocol!

A Plague Tale: Requiem is great so far, BTW.

I know, it ain't cheap to buy - but I've been playing it in PC Game Pass (since I had a free month looming, from buying my 3070 desktop a while ago...so I had to use the voucher before it died). Some 24 hours in or so.

The best gift you give yourself this holiday season is a bidet add-on as there is no simpler pleasure than having the ability to scrape the barnacles off the hull, leaving you feeling fresh and clean.
Adding a bidet attachment to the toilet is like adding an SSD to a PC booting off disk: cheap, easy and the difference makes you wonder why you didn't do it far earlier.

Bought Horizon ZD for $16.49. I'm moving away from consoles so I'll start picking up the Sony ports as they drop under $20 on PC.
I'm not PS fan and all, since I am a PC Gamer since '95...

...but IIRC, Horizon ZD was given away for Free in one of those Playstation Store giveaway some time ago.

EDIT:

Yup, thought so:

https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/gaming/horizon-zero-dawn-is-now-free-for-ps4-and-ps5-owners-as-part-of-sonys-play-at-home-initiative-7281730/#:~:text=Sony%20and%20Guerrilla%20Games'%20Horizon,Play%20at%20Home%202021%20platform.

I'm not PS fan and all, since I am a PC Gamer since '95...
...but IIRC, Horizon ZD was given away for Free in one of those Playstation Store giveaway some time ago.

EDIT:
Yup, thought so:
https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/gaming/horizon-zero-dawn-is-now-free-for-ps4-and-ps5-owners-as-part-of-sonys-play-at-home-initiative-7281730/#:~:text=Sony%20and%20Guerrilla%20Games'%20Horizon,Play%20at%20Home%202021%20platform.
Yeah most of the Sony ports have been dirt cheap (or free) on Playstation which is why I haven't bought any on PC yet (I own a PS5). I might end up double dipping for Sackboy when it gets cheap enough though to play with friends. For some stupid reason Sackboy doesn't even support remote play lol.. and of course it doesn't have crossplay.

Vampire Survivors and Jedi Fallen Order were the ones I noticed and was thinking of buying, but I think some others are too.
Vampire Survivors was $4.29 and is now $3.99

Every bit helps, but the game is well worth even MSRP of $5 imo. I'll be grabbing the $1.99 DLC for sure immediately.

Vampire Survivors was $4.29 and is now $3.99

Every bit helps, but the game is well worth even MSRP of $5 imo. I'll be grabbing the $1.99 DLC for sure immediately.
I played it for the first time yesterday. I see the appeal.

While a game is available on GamePass, I tend to be extra cheap unless I know I really want to play it on the deck without booting the windows side.

Wildcat Gun Machine looks like a game I'd play for a bit and then try to beat and fail and throw it to the abyss. So it's perfect for a free game.

bread's done
Back