Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Question about green man gaming. I ordered FF7 CC yesterday but still shows awaiting key. I assume the game released at midnight; does anyone know generally how long it takes for the game to be available? have a work trip tomorrow and wanted to have this on my SD by then if possible. TY
Steam games typically don't release at midnight, they release around 12-1 PM EST. Some extremely popular games let you preload early but I kinda doubt that was the case with FF7 CC. So if you don't have the key by now you'll probably get it on release or really close to release (so around 12). GMG is pretty good at preorder key delivery so I wouldn't worry about it

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about green man gaming. I ordered FF7 CC yesterday but still shows awaiting key. I assume the game released at midnight; does anyone know generally how long it takes for the game to be available? have a work trip tomorrow and wanted to have this on my SD by then if possible. TY
Pretty sure GMG receive their codes directly from the publisher of the game, instead of directly from Valve. So even though it's a Steam key, they're waiting on the publisher to provide the key.

The 3 preorders I've done with them all arrived at different times: Destiny-WitchQueen was available about 4 days prior to release, Guardians of the Galaxy was 2 days prior, Gotham Knights was the day of release

Marvel's Midnight Suns - Steam-version.

Disabling 2K Launcher insanely improves performance & ends a lot of stuttering problems in this game on PC:
-> https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/no-seriously-you-should-disable-the-2k-launcher-for-marvels-midnight-suns

"To be precise, here are my benchmark recordings from the tutorial mission. I was running Marvel’s Midnight Suns on my personal PC, with its Core i9-10900K, RTX 3090 and 32GB of DDR4, at 2560x1440 with the Epic quality preset and all ray tracing options switched on. First, the initial, stuttery run with the 2K Launcher enabled by default:
  • Average framerate: 90fps
  • Minimum framerate: 46fps
  • Maximum framerate: 111fps
  • 1% low framerate: 20fps
  • 0.1% low framerate: 4fps
Now here’s how it ran with the 2K Launcher disabled. Note the massive average FPS boost, with higher minimums across the board:
  • Average framerate: 146fps
  • Minimum framerate: 66fps
  • Maximum framerate: 190fps
  • 1% low framerate: 69fps
  • 0.1% low framerate: 18fps
All that, with significant less jittering during superpowered card fights and even on menus? You’d need an emptier head than one of Hayden’s MCU Funko Pops to turn that down. And while forcing the 2K Launcher to sod off isn’t as easy as checking a box, it’s not difficult either. Although, as far as I can tell, it only works for Steam. I've tried some similar tinkering with Marvel's Midnight Suns on the Epic Games Launcher as well, sadly to no avail."

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection was announced today and is coming to Steam on April 13, 2023. It has a store page up now for wishlisting

Hopefully a Mega Man Legends collection is next 🤞🏻

Marvel's Midnight Suns - Steam-version.

Disabling 2K Launcher insanely improves performance & ends a lot of stuttering problems in this game on PC:
-> https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/no-seriously-you-should-disable-the-2k-launcher-for-marvels-midnight-suns

"To be precise, here are my benchmark recordings from the tutorial mission. I was running Marvel’s Midnight Suns on my personal PC, with its Core i9-10900K, RTX 3090 and 32GB of DDR4, at 2560x1440 with the Epic quality preset and all ray tracing options switched on. First, the initial, stuttery run with the 2K Launcher enabled by default:
  • Average framerate: 90fps
  • Minimum framerate: 46fps
  • Maximum framerate: 111fps
  • 1% low framerate: 20fps
  • 0.1% low framerate: 4fps
Now here’s how it ran with the 2K Launcher disabled. Note the massive average FPS boost, with higher minimums across the board:
  • Average framerate: 146fps
  • Minimum framerate: 66fps
  • Maximum framerate: 190fps
  • 1% low framerate: 69fps
  • 0.1% low framerate: 18fps
All that, with significant less jittering during superpowered card fights and even on menus? You’d need an emptier head than one of Hayden’s MCU Funko Pops to turn that down. And while forcing the 2K Launcher to sod off isn’t as easy as checking a box, it’s not difficult either. Although, as far as I can tell, it only works for Steam. I've tried some similar tinkering with Marvel's Midnight Suns on the Epic Games Launcher as well, sadly to no avail."
Apparently its been a thing for many of their games that they forced onto that launcher, especially xcom2.

Pretty sure GMG receive their codes directly from the publisher of the game, instead of directly from Valve. So even though it's a Steam key, they're waiting on the publisher to provide the key.

The 3 preorders I've done with them all arrived at different times: Destiny-WitchQueen was available about 4 days prior to release, Guardians of the Galaxy was 2 days prior, Gotham Knights was the day of release
My preordee of Way of the Hunter was day of release.

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection was announced today and is coming to Steam on April 13, 2023. It has a store page up now for wishlisting

Hopefully a Mega Man Legends collection is next
[Looks at min. GPU requirement]

And this old-school looker of a game requires 6gb VRAM version of the GTX 1060 or 8gb VRAM RX 480?

They must be porting this for and to only newer hardware.

EDIT - Also looks like it carries Denuvo too.

Witcher 3 Next-Gen Patch Update's out.

On GOG, looks like it straight-up replaced the GOTY Edition w/ now the new Complete Edition.

Old version (before GOTY) still is there.

Hope you guys backed-up your older versions and move them away from Steam or GOG's folder to recognize them.

Performance is a mess for many; especially w/ RT On.

And some sex scenes are either broken or have been removed.

EDIT:

Didn't take long for GameSpot to pick up on the broken PC-version - https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3s-big-new-gen-update-is-broken-causing-crashes-and-performance-issues/1100-6510024/

Forbes too - https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/12/14/the-witcher-3-remastered-performance-is-cyberpunk-launch-level-bad-on-pc-right-now/?sh=57dc720c52b0

EDIT 2:

Metrics tools like MSI Afterburner and FRAPS won't work on the new version. Can't see framerates. It stutters quite a bit on my RTX 3070; frametime issues galore - yeah, this is a mess.

Hopefully a Mega Man Legends collection is next
If the do Megan Man Legends they better not forget Misadventures of Tron Bonne.

Bonne.

Witcher 3 Next-Gen Patch Update's out.

On GOG, looks like it straight-up replaced the GOTY Edition w/ now the new Complete Edition.

Old version (before GOTY) still is there.

Hope you guys backed-up your older versions and move them away from Steam or GOG's folder to recognize them.

Performance is a mess for many; especially w/ RT On.

And some sex scenes are either broken or have been removed.

EDIT:

Didn't take long for GameSpot to pick up on the broken PC-version - https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-3s-big-new-gen-update-is-broken-causing-crashes-and-performance-issues/1100-6510024/

Forbes too - https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/12/14/the-witcher-3-remastered-performance-is-cyberpunk-launch-level-bad-on-pc-right-now/?sh=57dc720c52b0

EDIT 2:

Metrics tools like MSI Afterburner and FRAPS won't work on the new version. Can't see framerates. It stutters quite a bit on my RTX 3070; frametime issues galore - yeah, this is a mess.
Bah, I knew I should have backed up the installers. I think I might have the old installers (either non goty or goty) from a couple of years ago on an older machine but my current machine had whatever they installed via the gog launcher.

Edit: As of 12/14/22, I can confirm that you get a 404 error when trying to download the GOTY edition (1.32) from the website or via the gog launcher.

Epic is pulling an EA and UbiSoft and pulling some of its online servers for some games.

-> https://kotaku.com/epic-turning-off-service-unreal-gold-rock-band-steam-1849894078

"The full list of affected games is as follows:

• 1000 Tiny Claws
  • Dance Central 1
  • Dance Central 2
  • Dance Central 3 (Epic notes that Dance Central VR online multiplayer “will remain available”)
  • Green Day: Rock Band
  • Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess
  • Rock Band 1
  • Rock Band 2
  • Rock Band 3 (Epic notes that Rock Band 4 online multiplayer “will remain available”)
  • The Beatles: Rock Band
  • Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
  • Unreal Gold
  • Unreal II: The Awakening
  • Unreal Tournament 2003
  • Unreal Tournament 2004
  • Unreal Tournament 3 (Epic notes that it has “plans to bring back online features via Epic Online Services in the future.”)
  • Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition"

Epic is pulling an EA and UbiSoft and pulling some of its online servers for some games.

-> https://kotaku.com/epic-turning-off-service-unreal-gold-rock-band-steam-1849894078

• 1000 Tiny Claws
  • Dance Central 1
  • Dance Central 2
  • Dance Central 3 (Epic notes that Dance Central VR online multiplayer “will remain available”)
  • Rock Band 1
  • Rock Band 2
  • Rock Band 3 (Epic notes that Rock Band 4 online multiplayer “will remain available”)
  • Unreal Gold
  • Unreal Tournament 2003
  • Unreal Tournament 2004
  • Unreal Tournament 3 (Epic notes that it has “plans to bring back online features via Epic Online Services in the future.”)
Valve: Half Life multiplayer? Sure play it all you like.

id: here, how about a remastered Quake in 2021?

Epic: can't afford a new toaster to serve the classics.

Epic Store - Freebies...for the 13-15 Days of Freebies:

Today's Freebie:

- Bloons TD 6

Tomorrow's Freebie:

- Mystery Game???

Epic Store - Holiday Sale:

- 25% off coupons on games $14.99+ are in effect.

- Sale ends January 5th, 2022.

Some deals from Holiday Sale:

Looks like these might have their lowest price-deals yet (priced before tax):

- Days Gone * = $12.36

- The Forgotten City * = $11.24

- Chernobylite = $11.24

- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2 Re-Master = $12

- Immortals: Fenyx Rising -> Standard (base-game only) = $11.25 / Gold (with all DLC's) = $18.74

- God of War (2018) = $22.99

- AC Valhalla: Complete (with all DLC's and expansions) = $36.75

- Asterisk symbol of * = this game can be run DRM-FREE from the Executable, according to PC Gaming Wiki.

For those not into Store-front politics & only care about price.

Immortals: Fenyx Rising is on sale on Epic w/ 25% off coupon.

If Ubi is still doing in like other games of theirs over there on Epic - you probably can just link your Epic account via Epic Launcher to Uplay; and then float over to Uplay to use that to download & install, once you do the linking.

Immortals: FR, after coupon and before tax at Epic:

- Standard = $11.25

- Gold (with all DLC's) = $18.74

It's also cheaper than Steam over at Fanatical (not sure if any discounts can be applied on top or not) for those that don't mind Ubi but don't want the Epic hassle.

Actually, Immortals FR Gold is cheaper on Uplay at $15 after HOLIDAY22 coupon.

[Side Note - HOLIDAY22 works on most titles over $20 to get another $10 off on UPLAY.]

Costed me around $16 USD after tax on Uplay Store for Immortals FR Gold.

Don't have to deal w/ Epic & Ubi gets the $ directly. That works for me.

Just finished Portal RTX. Even with a 3080ti the game ran like garbage at default settings but after making a few changes in the alt+x menu I got it running smoothly. It looks nice and it was just a lot of fun to go back and replay Portal. As per usual, RTX effects aren't really worth the performance costs.

In other news, I finished Dying Light 2 and I'm still surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It was worth the $20 I paid for it. If you play it I highly recommend putting your skill points into parkour upgrades and siding with the faction that also grants traversal bonuses. I would not have enjoyed the game nearly as much if traversing the city wasn't so satisfying.

Now to see if Ghostwire Tokyo was also worth $20. I played about 30 minutes of it today and while I can already tell that the story is going to be unbearably stupid, at least you can skip the cutscenes. The combat and visuals have some potential and it looks particularly lovely on an ultrawide display.

I liked dying light 2 I hated one of the last parts climbing some big building that took me forever lol. And the last fight was od lol. Gotta get back to it just to do side stuff and see the city more, I rushed thru and only did main missions. Rosario Dawsons character was great n others as well.

-> https://kotaku.com/epic-turning-off-service-unreal-gold-rock-band-steam-1849894078

• 1000 Tiny Claws
  • Dance Central 1
  • Dance Central 2
  • Rock Band 1
  • Rock Band 2
  • Rock Band 3 (Epic notes that Rock Band 4 online multiplayer “will remain available”)
  • Unreal Gold
  • Unreal Tournament 2003
  • Unreal Tournament 2004
  • Unreal Tournament 3 (Epic notes that it has “plans to bring back online features via Epic Online Services in the future.”)
Yikes! A Kotaku story about Epic is a match made in hell.

Today's Freebie:

- Bloons TD 6
This is a criminally overlooked TD game. I mean, it's got a big community, but I think lots of other people overlook it because it looks silly.

It's hardcore TD. And there's so much content in the game it's ridiculous. They're still updating it and adding new levels and heroes. There's daily challenges, weekly challenges and game modes, seasonal events. The value is incredible.

It can be a little grindy, but it's more to allow a higher reward ceiling than gatekeeping content. You can buy things in the game, but there's really no need. I've never bought anything with actual cash.

To be honest, this is more because there's no population online to keep matches queued up than them being cheap or cutting costs. Developers should provide ways to use player-hosted LAN modes over the internet.
I'm pretty sure Unreal and Unreal Tournament have community run master servers. Yes, people still play them.

In other news, I finished Dying Light 2 and I'm still surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It was worth the $20 I paid for it. If you play it I highly recommend putting your skill points into parkour upgrades and siding with the faction that also grants traversal bonuses. I would not have enjoyed the game nearly as much if traversing the city wasn't so satisfying.
Related note: Been playing through OG Dying Light recently and having trouble deciding whether or not to stick with it. Reminds me a lot of Sunset Overdrive: It's a game with awful, repetitive quest design that's saved by its fun traversal system. Harran is just too damn fun to explore once you level up your agility a bit. But then there's a whole lot that annoys me and I'm already tiring of the fetch quests which are a basically just a poorly-written means to an end.

Also, I got the Definitive Edition and it feels like some of the blueprints you get are straight up P2W. I mean, from the start you can craft a DLC bow from essentially junk resources that makes clearing out packs from a distance a breeze. Have to force myself not to use it.

I enjoyed Dying Light, but not nearly as much as Dead Island. To me, it felt like it had too much of an open world bloat kind of feel, hard to explain. Dead Island was shorter, still had fetch quests, worse traversal mechanics, but it just resonated with me more. Maybe it was because the player character, had character (lookin at you Sam B)? I did enjoy Dying light and it was fun late game with all my character could do, but I stopped short of getting into The Following as I was all full of the game and needed a break. That isn't something I have experienced with the Dead Island games.

Bought & tried out Days Gone from Epic Store yesterday. I'll give it more time at some point, but I spent a little over an hour with it just to check it out.

This game eats RAM for breakfast. Must be the new trend w/ games like out Returnal coming. This game can eat anywhere from 7-16GB RAM, while playing. Got most stuff on High here at 1080p, so it framerates don't jump all over the place. Very High on everything was just putting performance all over the place. So, I'm not sure if it's the game just syncing or something back & forth to 30 and 60 a lot, but it'll here & there jump from 60 to 30 or 30 to 60...just for whatever reason, even if it goes right in the middle for a moment. So, sticking most stuff on High solved that from happening a lot.

Gameplay and mechanics are good. You feel like you can scavenge for anything & everything - find items; craft weapons and items from materials (like bandages, health kits, ammo, etc.); and things of that sort. You have a motorcycle you can ride on, which feels good to ride with the controller - using the old-school USB-based X360 for Windows Controller, to get around w/ the ride. I often use KB/mouse for combat, as that feels very smooth for gunplay; and of course the gunplay & mouse-aiming stuff is good too. You can sneak up on these zombie-like monsters and do stealth kills. You can of course go guns blazing, but it ain't always the best idea...as you can alert mobs of zombies by shooting at stuff or hitting stuff - like cars, which could set off alarms to attract zombie-mobs.

I just hope it doesn't fall into open-world syndrome like other UbiSoft type of games & Horizon: Zero Dawn, since that seems to be the type of game Sony makes now - even though their companies seem to do pretty good on the story stuff. HZD's story and character stuff seemed strong when I played there here & there - and also, this seems to be the case here with Bend's game Days Gone here. Sometimes, I just wish their (Sony's first party) stuff was more focused on the main stuff & less on Open-World stuff everywhere & littering a map with icons & stuff to do everywhere.

More to come, at some point.

I enjoyed Dying Light, but not nearly as much as Dead Island. To me, it felt like it had too much of an open world bloat kind of feel, hard to explain. Dead Island was shorter, still had fetch quests, worse traversal mechanics, but it just resonated with me more. Maybe it was because the player character, had character (lookin at you Sam B)? I did enjoy Dying light and it was fun late game with all my character could do, but I stopped short of getting into The Following as I was all full of the game and needed a break. That isn't something I have experienced with the Dead Island games.
See, that's another thing w/ this big open-world games too: they can be too big, lose focus, and/or throw too many side quests at the player littered all over a huge map. I think games like GTA's, Morrowind & Dead Island back then resonated b/c they were doing new stuff back then and we didn't have a zillion of those of big open-world games back then. We had some - but not tons like we do now. Back then, open-world games felt special - now, it seems like UbiSoft, Sony, WB, Techland, and every other company makes these.

Let's keep in mind, Dead Island started the open-world zombie-smashing First-Person ARPG hybrid thing. Were there other games doing this? Eh, not really - nobody was really combining ARPG, zombies, and open-world elements back then. Maybe Dead Rising, but...I don't think those hit PC yet back then - we didn't see Dead Rising 1 until 2016 on PC. By the time Dying Light 1 and 2 came - yeah, it's gonna be "more of the same". Even if they (Techland) throw cool stuff like Parkour and Night/Day cycles on top here w/ Dying Light - yeah, it's still basically another Dead Island, at its heart. Don't get me wrong, Dying Light's good - but it never hit me like Dead Island did either. Sometimes, it ain't always the perfecting the game factor, it's when game companies try something that feels brand new and fresh.

There's also now that ARPG or RPG is getting tossed on top of everything too. Game genres that often didn't do ARPG or RPG elements - they now have them. After HGL and Borderlands, it was pretty much inevitable. And of course, open-world on everything too. Thank God for linear games like A Plague Tale: Innocence and Requiem existing, these day and age - we need more of these, these days.

And you also hit some keys things w/ Dead Island too. Its location at the beach had way more personality than the urban areas in Dying Light. It was a paradise gone wrong on the beach in Dead Island - meanwhile, already got a ton of games in urban areas already like Dying Light has. You had characters like Sam B, who has personality and were absolutely cool; especially for a lead character back then in Dead Island. DLC's like Ryder White are story and narrative-based - so when Techland wants to focus and tell a good story & develop character, they can. But, it doesn't feel like with Dying Light that Techland's trying that much on story & character b/c they seems to focused on the actual gameplay & co-op stuff.

littering a map with icons & stuff to do everywhere.
This exact part of what you wrote is my issue with 90% of open world games. This why when Breath of the Wild came out, it was amazing. You mark the map of things you see, nothing pre-marked. I hope the upcoming Bethesda open world games, especially the new Elder's Scroll game allows for this. I hate nothing more then opening up my map within the first 15 minutes of gameplay and I see 200 markers.

Saints Row IV problems from New Re-Elected Update.

Looks like Saints Row IV: Re-Elected's forced-update has broken saves, mods & other stuff:
-> https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/saints-row-ivs-forced-re-elected-upgrade-has-broken-players-saves-and-added-bugs

Notes:
-> New free update for SR4 is out, called SR4: Re-Elected.
-> SR4: Re-Elected includes with it all Expansions & DLC's, as a free update & "upgrade."
-> This update has broken saves, mods & whatnot for gamers who just actually received the update.
-> Old versions of the game have been de-listed & removed from purchasing on Steam & GOG also.
-> There is a "Legacy Edition" (old version) in the branches on Steam & GOG for SR4 Re-Elected Package.
-> ...But that "Legacy Edition" version is actually pulling the wrong version on Steam currently.
-> Deep Silver is looking into all of these problems w/ the new & old versions.
-> Dev's & pub's really should just open NEW Entries for new massive Updates/Remasters for these classic games.

This exact part of what you wrote is my issue with 90% of open world games. This why when Breath of the Wild came out, it was amazing. You mark the map of things you see, nothing pre-marked. I hope the upcoming Bethesda open world games, especially the new Elder's Scroll game allows for this. I hate nothing more then opening up my map within the first 15 minutes of gameplay and I see 200 markers.
I think the other problem is there should be a way to filter out the different icons and check/uncheck the ones you want to see/not see, similar to what CP 2077 does.

Or even filter it out so it shows NO icons on the map, if you want.

Related note: Been playing through OG Dying Light recently and having trouble deciding whether or not to stick with it. Reminds me a lot of Sunset Overdrive: It's a game with awful, repetitive quest design that's saved by its fun traversal system. Harran is just too damn fun to explore once you level up your agility a bit. But then there's a whole lot that annoys me and I'm already tiring of the fetch quests which are a basically just a poorly-written means to an end.

Also, I got the Definitive Edition and it feels like some of the blueprints you get are straight up P2W. I mean, from the start you can craft a DLC bow from essentially junk resources that makes clearing out packs from a distance a breeze. Have to force myself not to use it.
I couldn't get through the first Dying Light. I agree with Neuro5i5 that the original Dead Island was better--less bloaty and more fun on a moment-to-moment basis, and I simply enjoyed being in Dead Island's setting more. It was fun running around in Dying Light but I never really felt absorbed into the game. I felt Dying Light 2 was an improvement in terms of creating a more interesting environment and making the melee combat feel more satisfying. It kept drawing me back long enough to actually finish the game.

I loved Dead Island too but I think a lot of that is because it was the right game at the right time. A relatively fresh idea before I had personally reached peak open-world fatigue. If I played it today for the first time or even its upcoming sequel, I doubt I'd stick with it. But at the time, I loved it enough to play through it twice, and solo to boot.

Also, I'm done with Dying Light. After what had to have been the dozenth straight "Go to X to get/do something > Oops, sorry loser, it's not here > Go to Y back in the opposite direction to get/do something" quest, I've had enough.

Hmm, I don't remember if I have the definitive edition but a DLC bow that is P2W would be about the only thing to get me to play that game again. So many mechanics in the game that annoyed me. I only played it as long as I did because I was in co-op with a friend. I remember the tutorial took way too long and was required to do co-op.

For anyone looking for a fun open world game with very little bloat that gets straight to the point I highly recommend Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. It's a bit old but it still holds up incredibly well. Personally I can't get into any of the Ubi-style open world games.

Presently feeling the open-world apathy kicking in toward the end of Horizon Forbidden West.  Fun to look at and explore.  Looking forward to owning the PC version with the dlc down the road.

I've been really surprised to see how much H:FW takes it's structure from Mass Effect (specifically ME2).  I got some ME feels in H:ZD but they really go after it in FW.  It's more than borrowing a previously successful idea like they did with botw's paraglider.  H:FW overtly pays homage to Mass Effect.

I loved Dead Island too but I think a lot of that is because it was the right game at the right time. A relatively fresh idea before I had personally reached peak open-world fatigue. If I played it today for the first time or even its upcoming sequel, I doubt I'd stick with it. But at the time, I loved it enough to play through it twice, and solo to boot.
I actually just replayed through both Dead Island games recently and they were still fun for me. Showing their age? Sure. But, still fun. The change in settings through the various acts kept things from getting samey. My biggest gripe with both games is the lack of build diversity within each character. Playing as each character is fun as each has different strengths, but each character's skill trees lack variety.

Just mentioning Story Bundle has another game book bundle The Chill Game Book Bundle.

$5 Minimum

The Guide to Retro Indie Games Vol. 1
by Kurt Kalata

Alien Amusements
by John Harris

Quest for the Dragon Star
by Kristopher Landis

$20 minimum

GameDev Stories: Volume 8
by David L. Craddock

Critical Path
by Dan Amrich

Scare Tactics
by Nathaniel Hohl

GameDev Stories Collection: Volume 1
by David L. Craddock

The Guide to Retro Indie Games Vol. 2
by Kurt Kalata

Project Dolphin
by Travis Nicholas

Video Game Maps NES and Famicom
by Brian Riggsbee

I generally like these bundles for the HG101 books, although I think they used to cost like $15 for the full set, so this is bit more expensive. The HG101 books are likely OK, but a little outdated, and I generally prefer their more classic game books that don't change very often. Lots of filler too like Quest for the Dragon Star and Video Game Maps NES and Famicom (this could be cool though). I'm not 100% sure I'm getting this.

I'm pretty sure Unreal and Unreal Tournament have community run master servers. Yes, people still play them.
Yep, I play on Quake 3: Team Arena servers. There are sites like Gametracker.com to find them. People play on these and they are of varying quality and population. But the dedicated servers on paid storefronts like Epic are often empty even for games where community servers are popular. Probably because everyone playing on community servers has pirated the game.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/659861/maingear-vector-pro-2-156-gaming-laptop-computer-black

Good deal on a gaming laptop if you have a microcenter nearby. Only downsides are is it's microcenters in house brand and there's no gsync.. but the refresh rate is so high so I don't know how much that matters.

There's also a 3080ti version for $400 more

https://www.microcenter.com/product/659860/maingear-vector-pro-2-156-gaming-laptop-computer-black

EDIT: There's also Ryzen versions for the same price if anyone cares. I've noticed some people say the thermals suck (and throttle) on the Intel ones but not sure about the Ryzen. So thermals probably aren't so great

bread's done
Back