Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
If you're curious, here's last year's 15 free games giveaway:

• Shenmue 3
  • Neon Abyss
  • Remnant From The Ashes
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • Loop Hero
  • Second Extinction
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
  • Vampyr
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Enhanced Plus Edition
  • Prey
  • Control
  • Mages of Mystralia
  • Moving Out
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Tomb Raider Trilogy

Yeah this year's Epic giveaway is notably worse so far. They also haven't been doing many noteworthy paid exclusives since those few Square Enix games early in the year (Square has since come back to Steam and focused heavily on Steam in presentations etc). They also just lost Ubisoft exclusivity

Wonder if big daddy Tencent is finally putting a clamp on Epic throwing around all that money for it to amount to absolutely nothing

I accidentally bought RDR2 on Epic recently which led to me finally installing their shit client. So they at least have that going for them.
200w.gif

But RDR2 might be record low at like $15 on Epic. That's not a bad deal.
Acccckkshually I think the record low was $13.50 from those Voidu deals with the 30% off coupon. That's a Rockstar Launcher key. So, if you have $13.50 and a time machine you can save $1.50.

If memory serves, you're no fan of game launcher allegiances, but I'd much rather have Rockstar Launcher keys than Epic for PC reasons (launch direct from rockstar) and steamdeck reasons (epic is three launchers deep for one title: Steam->Epic->Rockstar)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're curious, here's last year's 15 free games giveaway:

• Shenmue 3
  • Neon Abyss
  • Remnant From The Ashes
  • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
  • Loop Hero
  • Second Extinction
  • Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
  • Vampyr
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Enhanced Plus Edition
  • Prey
  • Control
  • Mages of Mystralia
  • Moving Out
  • Salt and Sanctuary
  • Tomb Raider Trilogy
Don't expect anywhere near this quality this year. I think they close to stopping the free games entirely this year, but kept it up albeit with much lower quality starting in January.

Wonder if big daddy Tencent is finally putting a clamp on Epic throwing around all that money for it to amount to absolutely nothing
Did it amount to nothing, though? Do you have anything behind that or just your impression? (Not to devalue your impressions, I'm just curious if you have any stats or anything.)

Did it amount to nothing, though? Do you have anything behind that or just your impression? (Not to devalue your impressions, I'm just curious if you have any stats or anything.)
[attachment=37604:Screenshot_20221218_213828.jpg]

2020 was a year where essentially every game company saw unprecedented success. Despite this, and despite giving away over half a billion(!) more games than the previous year, Epic only earned $20 million more in revenue from the previous year. A paltry 3% increase

By comparison, Steam went from $4.5 billion to $5.8 billion in revenue from 2019 to 2020, which was a 30% increase. This was without having to waste millions on timed exclusivity contracts and garner tons of infamy for their storefront

Since then, Epic has also dropped their paid exclusives output fairly drastically. I believe it was 58 total in 2020, 46 in 2021, 26 in 2022, and 3 announced so far for 2023. Then add in the anecdotal evidence that the free games have been of much lower quality as of late (seriously, I've noticed several are things that I've gotten free from Fanatical giveaways before)

To me, all that says that Epic wasn't able to brute force their way into the market like they planned. And that Tencent is pulling in the reigns on Tim Sweeny's little pet project, since it would be totally hemorrhaging money if not for Fortnite

Acccckkshually I think the record low was $13.50 from those Voidu deals with the 30% off coupon. That's a Rockstar Launcher key. So, if you have $13.50 and a time machine you can save $1.50.
ACK-shully, RDO was once glitched for $1.24 on Humble (or 99¢ with Humble discount). Then there was an offer? glitch? where you could buy the story mode from the RDO in-game store for $4.99 last year. So you just need to have caught both events to have RDR2 for a svelte $6.23

I still haven't played it yet, of course.

ACK-shully, RDO was once glitched for $1.24 on Humble (or 99¢ with Humble discount). Then there was an offer? glitch? where you could buy the story mode from the RDO in-game store for $4.99 last year. So you just need to have caught both events to have RDR2 for a svelte $6.23

I still haven't played it yet, of course.
https://tenor.com/XTgl.gif

yes, and it is GLORIOUS lol
I decided to buy my friend's 256GB Deck for $400. I hope I won't regret it. Any suggestions on necessities? It's going to come with the carrying case, a screen protector and everything else that comes with the standard. I've got a spare 512GB microSD already. I think this plus my Switch will take care of basically all my gaming needs.

I decided to buy my friend's 256GB Deck for $400. I hope I won't regret it. Any suggestions on necessities? It's going to come with the carrying case, a screen protector and everything else that comes with the standard. I've got a spare 512GB microSD already. I think this plus my Switch will take care of basically all my gaming needs.
Maybe a dock if you ever want to connect to a monitor

Maybe a dock if you ever want to connect to a monitor
this, a stand, an xbox or playstation controller, screen protector, microsd card (512gb or 1tb at min), grip case if you want to do handheld play often enough. with the carrying case it came with thats all i need so far.

Chances Darktide goes on sale Thursday? Now that I know Game Pass servers are separate from everyone else, it's no wonder the game felt dead population-wise. Really sucks; beginner's trap but it's super easy to level to 30 in a few days so no huge loss since I'll have to restart and didn't have anything godlike yet.

My guess is it won't go on sale. If it does, I'll refund it and then re buy it. They did not offer a pre order discount so maybe they will offer a small discount.

Edit: No sooner do I post this, I see Humble has Darktide listed for sale now, no discounts offered though. I figured once I bought it last week they'd finally start selling it beyond Steam and MS store.

Exactly why these MP-style games should have offline mode - when nobody's playing. And it's not like DarkTide don't have bots, either - as I have done a few matches on Game Pass w/ them. Similar to what the old L4D games and WWZ did - these games should have offline support, even if those offline characters/levelling is different from online server-side saves; think like Diablo 2.

I am enjoying DarkTide on PC Game Pass - but yeah, it stinks if those servers are split from other versions.

Exactly why these MP-style games should have offline mode - when nobody's playing. And it's not like DarkTide don't have bots, either - as I have done a few matches on Game Pass w/ them. Similar to what the old L4D games and WWZ did - these games should have offline support, even if those offline characters/levelling is different from online server-side saves; think like Diablo 2.

I am enjoying DarkTide on PC Game Pass - but yeah, it stinks if those servers are split from other versions.
They sadly are and I confirmed it yesterday, which halted me from progressing any further knowing that between Game Pass servers and Steam, the latter is definitely going to see way more support long-term. I played Killing Floor close to 1k hours over its lifetime and the only reason it died was because of the (inferior) sequel. Otherwise I'd still pick it up from time to time, but I know once Darktide drops from Game Pass--that's it. Dead game.

Battle.Net Holiday Sale:

Highlights:

Diablo 2: Resurrected = $13.19.

Diablo: Prime Evil Collection:

-> Full Collection (for those who own nothing) = $19.79.

-> Upgrade Pack (for those who own at least one part, but not all of it) = $17.30.

Diablo: Prime Evil Collection includes:

- Diablo 2: Resurrected

- Diablo 3 base-game

- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls expansion pack

- Diablo 3: Rise of Necromancer Pack

- Diablo 3 extra items: Mephisto Pet & Hatred's Grasp Wings

Heh, so if I want just the Necro pack for D3, I get it for $4 if I buy D2 Res.
Yeah, this deal looks geared at D3 & ROS owners like myself.

Sure, I could say buy D2R for $13.19 - but, I just might as well just go Prime Evil to get both D2R & D3 Necro for like the extra $4 and a few cents more.

Battle.Net Holiday Sale:

Highlights:

-> Upgrade Pack (for those who own at least one part, but not all of it) = $17.30.

- Diablo 3 base-game

Won't be playing it for awhile, but I haven't seen Blizzard do 75% off deals, lately, so went for it. Now just wish WC3 would get a discount, even with its issues.

Won't be playing it for awhile, but I haven't seen Blizzard do 75% off deals, lately, so went for it. Now just wish WC3 would get a discount, even with its issues.
I did the same thing. I would love to be able to give WC3 a shot again, but everything I've read about the "upgraded" version sounded really bad.

Yeah from what I've read, they would have to almost give it away for me to be interested in it. All I really wanted from a WC3 remaster was an updated tower defense maps in WC3 settings. Element TD2 does that anyway on Steam so it is kinda moot. Play TD games there or in SC2.

Battle.Net Holiday Sale:

Highlights:

- Diablo 3 base-game
Would these be worth playing in a steam deck over the switch versions? I have both on Switch but not sure if worth the drm hassle for the steam deck improvements.

Reply to Born Free:

No idea, I don't have a Steam Deck and don't have a Switch. D2R runs really nice on my 8gb RTX 3070 desktop PC here. Ain't tried D3 on it - but I'd bet it would run well there too. D3 ran well on my old GTX 970 desktop, so.... [shrug]

You might to look into this part: does Battle.Net even run over on Steam Deck/Linux OS/SteamOS? Maybe someone here can answer this part?

I couldn't pass it up either. I already wanted D2R, as I enjoyed the Beta a while back (No NDA). But, yeah - figured I might as well spend the extra $4 to go Prime Evil, to also get Necro DLC for D3, since I was missing that.

Man, D2R is bringing back the memories. Good times.

Head's up.

All Unreal games are being delisted from GOG on Friday:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/delisting_unreal_games_unreal_tournament_2004_ut_goty_unreal_2_the_awakening_special_edition/page

We’d like to inform you that due to the publisher’s decision, Unreal Tournament 2004 Editor's Choice Edition, Unreal 2: The Awakening Special Edition, Unreal Tournament GOTY, and Unreal Gold will be delisted from our catalog on December 23rd (Friday), 2 PM UTC.

For everyone who purchased any of the games prior to delisting, they will remain in their GOG library.

Reply to Born Free:

No idea, I don't have a Steam Deck and don't have a Switch. D2R runs really nice on my 8gb RTX 3070 desktop PC here. Ain't tried D3 on it - but I'd bet it would run well there too. D3 ran well on my old GTX 970 desktop, so.... [shrug]

You might to look into this part: does Battle.Net even run over on Steam Deck/Linux OS/SteamOS? Maybe someone here can answer this part?
yes it does, I just bought into the upgrade to complete d3 and get d2r since I wanted controller support (and it does look a lot nicer). It is some hoop jumping to do though, just like any other launcher on deck you have to download the installer, add it as a non-steam game and launch it with proton enabled. This lets you install it into it's own proton/windows instance. After thats done then you can replace that non-steam game with the installed launchers executable. After that you can just run the launcher as a non steam game and install whatever you want via it into it's windows instance.

It can still be hit or miss though, some games still wont run, i.e. I really wanted to run riders republic on my deck but just cant get it to even though it did at deck launch. I did install d2r tonight though and it runs fine for me, recognizes the deck as a controller properly and everything and I didnt notice any weirdness. Also since d2r requires internet, or to be run via bnet (there does seem to be some sort of offline mode but I think you still have to log back in every 30 days) there isnt a way afaik to just launch the game by itself without the launcher.

As far as d3, remember there is no native controller support for the pc version and so the same would still apply here. I think there are community made control presets that try to do some proper controller mapping but no clue how well they work.

Is it all worth it over the switch, ehh. If you're looking for ease of use, definitely not. If you want everything in one place and to have it look a bit nicer, maybe. But even then you may still have control issues with d3 unless you want to spend the time to get that right along with everything else

bread's done
Back