Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Stop stealing my winning crap from contests luck, you jerk. Literally the only things I've ever won from this sort of thing are a hotwheels car and a plastic hat.

Hope everyone is safe and warm. We didn't get much snow here, it was actually so cold we didn't get much here, but I got to drive in it coming home ftom work the other day. I've been heating the garage so we don't have frozen water pipes but hopefully won't have to do that after tomorrow... We should be up closer to normal winter cold.

But, yeah, real cold so cold that two of my cats who don't like each other agreed to not be bastards to each other and slept with me for the shared warmth. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
HL2 might be as close as an FPS can get to being timeless. Excellent pacing and storytelling. Terrific atmosphere. And it's remarkable how good the Source engine looks 20 years later. I wouldn't worry at all about playing it after Black Mesa.
Gotcha, thanks. I’m excited to finally play these games and other pc stuff I missed over the years.

I was ready to buy the Metro bundle on Steam and then find out that Epic is giving away Metro something tomorrow. Hopefully it's the trilogy.

Wow, is there any franchise that has been milked more than Final Fantasy? 37 titles? Yikes!

Won't lie, the pixel remasters look pretty awesome... Now, if I could only remember which one was FF2.

Also was poking around and found a 5% off code (that seems to be account linked), a 3% off code, and a couple of preorder codes for games at 22% off and not the zero or 15% off in the store normally. (I mention it because I'm sort of surprised I found it.)

Guardian of the Galaxy seems to be a new low, $17.85 (Before the above code.)

Wow, is there any franchise that has been milked more than Final Fantasy? 37 titles? Yikes!

Won't lie, the pixel remasters look pretty awesome... Now, if I could only remember which one was FF2.

Also was poking around and found a 5% off code (that seems to be account linked), a 3% off code, and a couple of preorder codes for games at 22% off and not the zero or 15% off in the store normally. (I mention it because I'm sort of surprised I found it.)

If you mean American SNES FF2, that was actually FF4.

I actually Snagged World of FF and FF 3 (3D Remake) off of this deal.

I own FF6 pixel remaster from when it went on sale a bit ago. I wonder how well FF1-5 have aged, although I used to play the FF4 randomizer often a year or two ago. I'm sure that's fine and the FF5 job system makes up for that pretty weak story. FF3 I believe has a better job system in the remaster where less grinding is needed, and I frankly just didn't like FF1-2 many years ago when I played on the PSX (just kind of boring to me at the time). If they all came up to $5ish each I would think about them, but I'm not sure. FF6 is one of my favorite FF games although I haven't really played the MMO ones or FFXV after a few hours.

FF1 holds up today about as well as it has since 1990, which is to say it’s an entirely competent, but super basic, plotless RPG that gets some extra bonus points for historical value and FF trappings.

FF2 is hard to get into, but to be fair, it was hard to get into when it first came out. The odd “leveling” mechanics, basic plot and characters, and lack of anything all that memorable about it makes it the least appealing Final Fantasy barring personal problems with plots or characters in later entries.

I’ve only played the 3D remake of FF3, and I understand balancing and changing jobs is a bit different in the original and Pixel versions, but I had a ton of fun with it last year. Granted, I’m a weirdo who loves the job system, and some of the oddities of FF3 make creating odd builds unusually fulfilling for an RPG of its age (let alone a JRPG), but I think the gameplay is very accessible to anyone willing to look up how the mechanics work and likes planning out party builds.

FF4 is the first really plot-centric game in the franchise, and it shows. Not to say the story is bad, but it does feel kinda immature compared to some of the later entries. Probably not compared to X, though.

FF5, I would say, holds up very well. It has a fun plot, engaging likeable characters, and easily one of the best refinements of the job system to date, making it both a fun reasonably short play, and one of the deepest games in the series mechanically if you want to get into it. It might be the only game in the series I would unreservedly recommend to nearly anyone interested in getting into FF.

FYI, Darktide is now on other game key stores like Fanatical. Down to $34 now with various discount codes. Humble is still at $40.
A wash since I wanted deluxe that ends up being about the same price via bundle discount. I ended up buying it because there's a cash shop item I did want and even though they removed the timers, it's still a limited time offer and no clue when it would be back. Wouldn't have cared but the deluxe pack gives you free credits so might as well. Already got my Zealot back up to 30 in record time now that I know what missions to push.

As for validation on the purchase, I have zero troubles getting a group for any given mission whereas Game Pass servers I'd be playing with a full group of bots for 50% of my runs. Less crashes to boot, so yeah: never falling for anything MP on Game Pass PC again.

Thinking about getting Neon White to play on my new Steam Deck, but with my backlog and rumors of it coming to Xbox Game Pass I’ll probably hold off. Unless any of you feel strongly enough about it to convince me otherwise??

FF1 holds up today about as well as it has since 1990, which is to say it’s an entirely competent, but super basic, plotless RPG that gets some extra bonus points for historical value and FF trappings.

FF2 is hard to get into, but to be fair, it was hard to get into when it first came out. The odd “leveling” mechanics, basic plot and characters, and lack of anything all that memorable about it makes it the least appealing Final Fantasy barring personal problems with plots or characters in later entries.

I’ve only played the 3D remake of FF3, and I understand balancing and changing jobs is a bit different in the original and Pixel versions, but I had a ton of fun with it last year. Granted, I’m a weirdo who loves the job system, and some of the oddities of FF3 make creating odd builds unusually fulfilling for an RPG of its age (let alone a JRPG), but I think the gameplay is very accessible to anyone willing to look up how the mechanics work and likes planning out party builds.

FF4 is the first really plot-centric game in the franchise, and it shows. Not to say the story is bad, but it does feel kinda immature compared to some of the later entries. Probably not compared to X, though.

FF5, I would say, holds up very well. It has a fun plot, engaging likeable characters, and easily one of the best refinements of the job system to date, making it both a fun reasonably short play, and one of the deepest games in the series mechanically if you want to get into it. It might be the only game in the series I would unreservedly recommend to nearly anyone interested in getting into FF.
FF3 NES suffers from the same issues of FF1 and 2. The plot is very, very flat, since the characters are very generic and the Job System is the main thing. FF3DS adds a lot of needed character and characterization, but that version is *HARD* due to some of the technical limitations that were apparently in place.

Absolute Drift
XJHZ4-NPGDV-8LQG3

Aeronautica Imperialis: Flight Command
DLHQC-Y0DVN-GCI66

Aporia: Beyond The Valley
K0PAQ-XBLJX-XJG8F

Big Crown Showdown
DELL5-2Z3FX-RN0LB

City Climber
W6PDY-7LK2D-3CLDR

Crazy Machines 3
TE8F4-5LV03-7MYM0

Cryofall
JRV3A-578V5-AC29Z

Delta: Rings of Saturn
EPIGK-G0JTT-ZCMMG

Demolish & Build 2018
KTNL7-ABQEG-E79GR

Deponia
0BWAA-R8IN0-BZBPK

Desolate
C2P5C-J7GT3-3FI4F

First Class Trouble
TJRE2-LCQY8-0A58H

Fury Unleashed
50B6M-6FXKB-53H48

Geneshift
WMH44-BR2GJ-8RJDB

Maiden & Spell
PNVRQ-7AJ97-J6YJ2

Mech Mechanic Sim
5BP3E-XJAI3-369TZ

Men of War: Assault Squad 2
JBY7V-JFAG5-FMIGM

Moon Hunters
G0TMR-A22YX-MPV4K

Seals of the Bygone
M0ZV7-B9ZIQ-JPGJW

Merry Christmas, fellow cheapasses 🤙

That's the old GoW, got that for $20 many years ago and still havent played it. Should be $9 else where.
That's GoW 2018, which is technically the 8th GoW game.

GoW: Saga Collection ain't been ported to PC.

I'd love to see that get a PC port one day, with 5 of the old GoW games.

GoW: Ragnarok is PS5 exclusive for...whatever Sony decides on that one. [shrug]

Epic Store - Freebies:

Today's Supposed Freebie = Death Stranding: Director's Cut.

Today's Freebie = Death Stranding (original edition).

Tomorrow's Freebie = Mystery Game??

EDIT = 11:26am EST:

- Can't even sign in right now. Site must be getting hammered w/ traffic, with people claiming the freebie and/or trying to download it.

EDIT = 12:19pm EST:

- Death Stranding: DC now has been made $23.99 and is not showing up as Free. WTH??!?!?

EDIT 3 - Death Stranding (original) has been made free.

Yup, won't let me checkout.

According to the internet, the next game will be "F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch" based on the wrapper hint.

Epic Store - Freebies:

Today's Freebie = Death Stranding: Director's Cut.

Tomorrow's Freebie = Mystery Game??

EDIT = 11:26am EST:
- Can't even sign in right now. Site must be getting hammered w/ traffic, with people claiming the freebie and/or trying to download it.
It's no longer free. Maybe they took it down to try to fix the problems the site is having. I kept trying to get it but it'd log me out of my account every time

The base game is now free. I guess the DC being free was a mistake. Still a shitty thing to do on Christmas lol, should've just honored the mistake. Either way the site is still glitched and I can't claim the base version

I was able to claim the regular version just now through epic's launcher.  A bit of a bummer it's not the Director's Cut.

The base game is now free. I guess the DC being free was a mistake. Still a shitty thing to do on Christmas lol, should've just honored the mistake. Either way the site is still glitched and I can't claim the base version
Can't be honoring pricing mistakes when you owe a $500 million fine.

I was able to get the base game just fine. If you search for the DC you can upgrade to it from the base game for $5.99. It honestly just looks like a few cosmetic items and some art. I think I'm okay without it, personally.

I claimed the free regular version of Death Stranding and seeing 2 add-ons in my Library.  I didn't pay for the add ons, so maybe it is the director's cut??.

I was able to get the base game just fine. If you search for the DC you can upgrade to it from the base game for $5.99. It honestly just looks like a few cosmetic items and some art. I think I'm okay without it, personally.
DC also has new motorcycle races, gun-based combat missions, catapult for launching packages, jet-pack, and other stuff.

So one of the most divisive games of the past few years is given away on Christmas, and then taken away, by the Epic store. Can't help but think that's very fitting

I managed to get the Director's Cut and it looks like they are honoring it for folks who redeemed before the switch. Maybe I'll finally try to understand what the hell this game is about.

So one of the most divisive games of the past few years is given away on Christmas, and then taken away, by the Epic store. Can't help but think that's very fitting
Did they take it away though? I redeemed both and both seem to still be in my library. I do not have the Epic launcher installed so I cannot see if the DC still plays or not. Everything else says it is still in my library.

bread's done
Back