Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Did they take it away though? I redeemed both and both seem to still be in my library. I do not have the Epic launcher installed so I cannot see if the DC still plays or not. Everything else says it is still in my library.
I haven't been able to claim the original for hours and I'm not the only one. Guess everyone else pays the price for Epic accidentally giving away the DC edition to a few people

I managed to get the Director's Cut and it looks like they are honoring it for folks who redeemed before the switch. Maybe I'll finally try to understand what the hell this game is about.
Granted, I haven't finished it so can't speak entirely for it on both a story/plot level & also a deeper-meaning level...but, here's my thoughts on it, from a few hours in.

It's about people rebuilding the world and Internet after the destruction of society for the most part & reconnecting with each other. Hence how you, as players, when online, basically are online in a connected world and can help each other out...since you can leave bridges, ladders, packages, quests, and stuff for other players - whether purposely or not - and the other players can finish the job you didn't finish; or you can finish their job; and/or make the game easier for each other. It's a commentary on civilization...and how we destroyed it and that we need to rebuild it.

Basically, Kojima's predicting our future here.

And it's also dealing w/ two worlds; namely b/t the dead & living and them connecting w/ each other. The Dead that are stuck in this world often seems hostile here and try to pull you into their realm and (somewhat) invisible world, so you (as Sam Porter Bridges) could become one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they take it away though? I redeemed both and both seem to still be in my library. I do not have the Epic launcher installed so I cannot see if the DC still plays or not. Everything else says it is still in my library.
It's DRM-FREE on Epic -> https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Death_Stranding:_Director%27s_Cut

I'd say when servers get weak and nobody's slamming the servers - if you grabbed it and got the DC, go download it ASAP...in case they take it away.

Then you also might want to move it FAR away from any game-folders Epic Store notices/recognizes where you got it installed. Create your new shortcut in a new folder somewhere.

Go back it up on a hard drive somewhere else, just in case - if you really want to, too...just in case.

I do this a lot for DRM-Free games and/or games that are getting "free upgrades"...since you never know when a client-server app is gonna trash your game, downgrade it, "upgrade it", ruin your mods b/c new editions breaks mods, wreck your saves, or whatever.

I've learned the hard way from those damn GTA:SA/GTA3/GTA VC updates wrecking stuff on Steam. Thanks God, I got disc versions of the game and/or also modders made downgraders to go back to older versions of the game (with unpulled music, mods that work, etc etc).

What's so divisive about COVID Delivery Man?
Another open-world game which can be repetitive (which is why I hopped off it, a bit ago)...but where you're mostly walking-simulatoring your way around the game-world and trying to balance packages on your body and not drop them. There's a lot of this, in the very earlier hours of the game - which probably don't sound like most games to gamers; and probably is gonna cause gamers to leave it pretty quickly.

Not a ton of action, until you push the main story stuff and run into BT's/The Dead and also others who are trying to rob you. Even then, combat's not super-deep there either - it's just not the focus of the game, mostly. Yeah, most gamers probably want to just fight stuff and want more depth in fights - they probably wanted more action-y MGS type of game here, combat-wise. You'll mostly be running from BT's and punching/shooting other dudes once you finally got enemies coming after you and your packages.

And most gamers probably want narrative-stuff & character-stuff spoon-fed to them & explained, story-wise and plot-wise. This game doesn't entirely do that straight-forward style, TBH. You also have to pick-up on the lingo of BT's (Beached Things) and other stuff, figuring out what it all means too - again, not always straight-forward.

I had to use the installed epic launcher (gross) to claim the vanilla version. Browser never worked at any point for me today.
Do you have Heroic?

That's A LOT better than the Epic Launcher. Yeah, we still need to use Epic Launcher or web browser to hop on Epic Store & website to grab free stuff - but Heroic's much less laggy than Epic's own official junky-launcher. So, most of the time, I just Heroic.

I only use Epic Launcher...when necessary; that thing sucks.

That's a bummer. I probably won't ever install the actual launcher as I've heard nothing but bad things from people who have
When I opened the page it said unavailable. I switched pages then when I went back to the page I was able to get it. Maybe that'll work for you.

DC also has new motorcycle races, gun-based combat missions, catapult for launching packages, jet-pack, and other stuff.
Eh, okay well that landing page wasn't real clear. After browsing a few reviews though, it sounds like some feel the additional stuff is consequential and some don't.

I guess it might be worth $5.99 to upgrade, but that means giving Epic my money, which I am loathe to do.

If the $5.99 was for steam I wouldn't mind too much, but I'm not giving it to epic. I'll just wait until it's in a humble choice bundle and upgrade then (because you know they probably won't give us the DC there either, at least not intentionally lol)

I am unable to find the Death Stranding base game on the Epic website and the Director's cut is not showing up as in my library on the website however if I open the Epic games launcher I see that both the base game and 3 addons are listed in my library. I would recommend people check their library via the launcher and download the game that way if so inclined. 

Didn't someone say Assassin's Creed origins was the next free game
Edit:
Nevermind it rumored to be Wednesday free game. Also someone provided a list of the free games. Apparently I missed at least 60% of the games from the beginning to esclose

Has anyone played Golf Club: Wasteland? I played Golf For Your Life and disliked it. This one is cheap at places and I don't mind quirky sports games.

Also I had 324 demos so curse you beating me on that! Honestly most of my time was rogue-lites (so many card based ones, a dice based one, platforming/action ones, etc....) and visual novels. Sounds about right.

45 Games Played

18 New Games

I am making progress!

Edit: oh that's only games purchased through Steam. fuck

It's worth mentioning you get a badge for viewing your replay.

I didn't originally click it because I don't really care about these silly year in review things, but for 50 gabenXP.  Now that's worth a click.

attachicon.gif
Screenshot_20221218_213828.jpg

2020 was a year where essentially every game company saw unprecedented success. Despite this, and despite giving away over half a billion(!) more games than the previous year, Epic only earned $20 million more in revenue from the previous year. A paltry 3% increase

By comparison, Steam went from $4.5 billion to $5.8 billion in revenue from 2019 to 2020, which was a 30% increase. This was without having to waste millions on timed exclusivity contracts and garner tons of infamy for their storefront

Since then, Epic has also dropped their paid exclusives output fairly drastically. I believe it was 58 total in 2020, 46 in 2021, 26 in 2022, and 3 announced so far for 2023. Then add in the anecdotal evidence that the free games have been of much lower quality as of late (seriously, I've noticed several are things that I've gotten free from Fanatical giveaways before)

To me, all that says that Epic wasn't able to brute force their way into the market like they planned. And that Tencent is pulling in the reigns on Tim Sweeny's little pet project, since it would be totally hemorrhaging money if not for Fortnite
Yeah ... you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, do you?

Only over a week late on that, lol

I'm assuming what you quoted is total Epic revenue and what I quoted is revenue from the store. Because there's no way Epic earned billions from just their storefront in any given year. We're talking about the store, so whatever they make from licensing out the Unreal engine is pretty irrelevant

About Epic:

- Besides all the $ they're tossing on exclusives & freebies...

- Don't forget, they're getting slapped for like $520m by the FTC also for Fortnite and all of its scheming of $-spending (for skins, MTX's, etc) & gambling mechanics aimed at children (13 and under).

EDIT:

More Epic stuff:

This could be interesting, if it's true (take it as is w/ a grain of salt, but it's interesting enough to mention).

- Possibly, the FTC might've been the ones to cause Epic to pull down Unreal's games & a lot of their multiplayer stuff b/c of the investigations of the MTX's and selling stuff to young teens & kids from Fortnite. 

- I'm not sure if Epic elected to pull this stuff; if Epic's bosses (Tencent) forced Epic to do this; or if FTC forced this.

- Supposedly, OldUnreal modders are trying to talk to Epic, to get the game back on stores (like GOG & Steam).

- Makes me wonder if OldUnreal modders have a deal w/ Epic, GOG, or what here.

- Maybe they at least are trying to get single-player only versions of the game up? Or if they'll want to host MP portions? [shrug]

- Yeah, I don't know. [shrug]

Bethesda gives out games like crazy. Quake, Fallout 3/NV/76, Oblivion, Dishonored 2, Wolfenstein TNO, Prey, Doom 64. I feel like I own half of their games and I haven't bought any.

Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Mythic edition is 70% off, $30 for the whole game w/season pass. Steam or GoG. Base edition is still $20 on sale.

Has anyone played Golf Club: Wasteland? I played Golf For Your Life and disliked it. This one is cheap at places and I don't mind quirky sports games.

Also I had 324 demos so curse you beating me on that! Honestly most of my time was rogue-lites (so many card based ones, a dice based one, platforming/action ones, etc....) and visual novels. Sounds about right.
I played through Golf Club Wasteland on the Switch. It is a good casual mini-golf experience. The story is told by the music and radio station that plays while you golf. I am not a huge golf gamer but the music/story is nice. I would get it on sale. This is the type of music to expect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow2tPvLlNhw

The steamdeck that I put my deposit down on with a jan-mar date is actually shipping soon. I just had to confirm my payment last night.
My friend you are in for a treat! The SD has only improved over time. I was telling a hardcore gamer pal of mine that SD is the best value in gaming right now. It pretty much plays 95% of PC games out of the box.

The steamdeck that I put my deposit down on with a jan-mar date is actually shipping soon. I just had to confirm my payment last night.
Congratulations!

My only real frustration with the deck at the moment is that if you enjoy any ubisoft or battlenet games, you're basically on the front lines of a stupid proprietary launcher war, where these dopey companies insist on updating their software and launchers in ways that inadvertently break deck compatibility and making work for the people who write the compatibility layers. It's frustrating to have a game suddenly stop working for a day or two. My recommendation is once you have things working don't take any updates that you can delay until you've read a bit on reddit.

That issue aside, I've used it almost every day or night since I got it.

Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous Mythic edition is 70% off, $30 for the whole game w/season pass. Steam or GoG. Base edition is still $20 on sale.
I can wait a bit still. Still need to finish Pathfinder KM (with all DLC's). About 40 hours in...and only on Chapter 3, LOL. Not even close to done, LOL. I had to get away from it, for a bit - it's too long for playing in a row w/out anything else going on.

The junior detectives over on Reddit think it's gonna be Dishonored Death of the Outsider.
So, Dishonored 2 (GOG Key) on Amazon Prime Gaming and Dishonored: DotO on Epic.

When's Dishonored 1 Definitive hitting somewhere cheap or free?

We've also had Deathloop in Humble Choice; Oblivion on Amazon Prime; Fallout 3 GOTY free on Epic; Fallout NV Ultimate and F76 on Amazon Prime Gaming; and Fallout 1 & 2, FO Tactics, Wolf TNO & Prey 2017: Complete free on Epic.

Is Zenimax/Bethesda just giving all their old stuff way and/or making it dirt-cheap b/c it's all in Xbox console Game Pass/PC Game Pass?

Is Microsoft going to make all Zenimax/Bethesda stuff like Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 5, a future new Doom, future Wolfensteins, future RAGEs, Dishonored/Deathloop stuff, and others Xbox/PC exclusive?

So, Dishonored 2 (GOG Key) on Amazon Prime Gaming and Dishonored: DotO on Epic.

When's Dishonored 1 Definitive hitting somewhere cheap or free?

We've also had Deathloop in Humble Choice; Oblivion on Amazon Prime; Fallout 3 GOTY free on Epic; Fallout NV Ultimate and F76 on Amazon Prime Gaming; and Wolf TNO & Prey 2017: Complete free on Epic.

Is Zenimax/Bethesda just giving all their old stuff way and/or making it dirt-cheap b/c it's all in Xbox console Game Pass/PC Game Pass?

Is Microsoft going to make all Zenimax/Bethesda stuff like Starfield, Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 5, a future new Doom, future Wolfensteins, future RAGEs, Dishonored/Deathloop stuff, and others Xbox/PC exclusive?
I'm scared to buy any Bethesda games at this point. I want Doom Eternal and Skyrim on PC but I know as soon as I buy them they will end up free somewhere.

Getting tempted to try Gotham Knights on my 3060ti since it's in the low 20$ range now... interested, but not 100% sure I'll like the grindy arkham mix

Getting tempted to try Gotham Knights on my 3060ti since it's in the low 20$ range now... interested, but not 100% sure I'll like the grindy arkham mix
Curious: where is Gotham Knights $20?

Man, the way that's going - this could be $10 or in a Humble Choice soon.

I could more easily imagine that as a game bundle with Gotham Knights in the most expensive tier and all the arkham games we all already own in the base tier.
Agreed. Not sure if humble puts big games in their monthlies that are not well received. But I could see it in a random bundle where it is in the highest tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back