Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
From what I have read, the game does work... but it does push the system pretty hard when configured for a locked 30FPS experience.

I may hold off on that as I really have a ton of backlog games to go through.
It's been the only game I've played on my deck (and occasionally on PC) for the last month. If you're trying to reduce the backlog, rdr2 is NOT going to help.

I use the Rockstar Launcher version, FYI.

Modest buying for the Winter sale, but probably due to more excessive buying during Autumn sale times.

• Quantum Protocol
  • Madshot
  • Summum Aeterna
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris (via Fanatical)
  • I See Red (via Fanatical)
  • Atomicrops DLC for partner
  • The Forest for partner
The Forest won't get played for quite a while, but it seemed plenty cheap enough to knock off the wishlist, and partner has been happily banking hours in Atomicrops again with new things to see, next to PlateUp from the JingleJam for a whole farm to table experience :)  They're also working on Nioh 2, which they scored in a giveaway, so they are full up on things to do.

I'm most curious about Quantum Protocol of my recent buys.  It's a quite different kind of game than I've been playing lately (I like physical card games but never liked deckbuilders, so that coming into video gaming hasn't been much of a draw), and something I've been circling around wondering about picking up for a couple years now, until a specific Steam review basically pushed me over the edge.  It also requires actually dedicated play instead of just dipping in and out randomly like I do on most of my games.  As I understand, the whole normal game is basically tutorial and mechanics training before you get to play it as a more open roguelite after it "ends".  So I'll need to keep at it and learn how to play and hopefully get through the various challenges to unlock the real game before I accidentally take too long of a break and find I forgot too much to play properly...  Then to see if it sticks long-term, how much enjoyment I get playing, and whether it leads to any reevaluation of these strange card-based video games or is just a minor novelty.  I've enjoyed the first couple hours, but either way I'll shake my $10 out of it :)

Imagine putting Denuvo on a four dollar game that originally came out over 12 years ago. Only Ubisoft
Ridiculous.

Updated my post.

Looks like it's the same price on UbiSoft Connect too, for those who want less client-app crap involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Playstation Store:

Anthem

Steam:

Outlaws

Stray (won via giveaway on the Alienware site)

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC

Ended up passing on Red Dead Redemption 2, put it on the Wishlist though.
RDR2 on PC is a work of art if you've got good specs. It's the closest thing to photo realism I've seen in a video game. Pair that with a good set of headphones and it's the most immersive piece of entertainment I've experienced.

I really need to play thru RDR2 storyline. I've got maybe 200 hours in the online game. Fun as hell game most of the time.

Steam Winter haul:

FFVII Remake - Picked up Crisis core and beat it, almost 100% achievements figured I should follow it up with this

Grandia II (Used Steambucks from bi yearly card farm, made about 15 steam dollars total)

Epic:
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5
Kingdom Hearts 3

I regret this purchase I thought they would play on my Steamdeck but after trying it seems there's a ton of hoops/issues. I dont think these will ever come to Steam so I caved and got them here. I also want Strangers in Paradise Final Fantasy Origin. I am disappoint

Yeah went overboard like always, feels nice not buying anything doing the holiday sales. Nevermind I did bought a $2 game but took 2hr to beat so it doesn't count to y'all not gonna play those games.

Steam Winter haul:

FFVII Remake - Picked up Crisis core and beat it, almost 100% achievements figured I should follow it up with this
Grandia II (Used Steambucks from bi yearly card farm, made about 15 steam dollars total)

Epic:
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5
Kingdom Hearts 3

I regret this purchase I thought they would play on my Steamdeck but after trying it seems there's a ton of hoops/issues. I dont think these will ever come to Steam so I caved and got them here. I also want Strangers in Paradise Final Fantasy Origin. I am disappoint
Kingdom Hearts will come to steam, there's too much money to be made. No way would Square Enix make KH a permanent epic exclusive, it's too popular of a series. I can see the contract lasting maybe 2 years though

Kingdom Hearts will come to steam, there's too much money to be made. No way would Square Enix make KH a permanent epic exclusive, it's too popular of a series. I can see the contract lasting maybe 2 years though
And then Square-Enix will put them on sale for 25-30% off at launch and act like they're giving Steam users an incredible deal.

You gave me hope, since Ive been trying to play them using Steam Deck (Heroic Launcher) it said I have 0 playtime played, so I refunded them. The collection released on EGS on March 30th 21 so Ill wait out 3 months and hope for a Steam release. (And hope SE doesnt release them at Full Price).

Main reason I caved was EGS Winter Sale +25% off coupon so it came to $50 for both games

Yeah Kingdom Hearts will come eventually. Same with Stranger of Paradise, it's just a matter of when. If they were permanent exclusives, you better believe Epic would be advertising that to persuade people who are otherwise just waiting for the Steam release. They already came crawling back to Steam very shortly after their handful of exclusives totally bombed on Epic, so they know where their bread is buttered

Also, Square Enix really machine-gunned out a ton of games on Steam in late 2022. So even if the exclusivity was only for a year, I'm sure they're just waiting to release them during a quieter time so they can get the spotlight, like FF7R did

Epic:

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5
Kingdom Hearts 3

Curious: Hmmm, did you try this w/ Heroic over on the Steam Deck?

Yeah Kingdom Hearts will come eventually. Same with Stranger of Paradise, it's just a matter of when. If they were permanent exclusives, you better believe Epic would be advertising that to persuade people who are otherwise just waiting for the Steam release. They already came crawling back to Steam very shortly after their handful of exclusives totally bombed on Epic, so they know where their bread is buttered

Also, Square Enix really machine-gunned out a ton of games on Steam in late 2022. So even if the exclusivity was only for a year, I'm sure they're just waiting to release them during a quieter time so they can get the spotlight, like FF7R did
I think what Square and others are doing is taking the Epic money for it exclusive to there for a bit and release it there as Early Access on Epic. Just basically...get the PC version out in the wild.

Release in whatever state there, b/c they can elect if they want user-reviews or not on Epic Store. Don't opt in to user-reviews on Epic, until it's in a good state on Epic.

This way, it don't trip-up users and user-reviews on Epic - or especially Steam if it's a "bad port" at launch - as Steam allows for user-reviews for any game launched there. Fix the game up on Epic, as they (dev's and pub's) go along - bam, release it 6 months to a year later or more on Steam (whenever exclusive-ness is up) and it'll have "Positive" to great reviews from users from the jump.

Yeah, good question. I haven't had any issues with games via Heroic.

Just started playing Horizon Chase Turbo via Heroic and it worked perfectly.

One thing that was funny though. If I launched it via Heroic, I couldn't get all of the buttons to work, but when I had Heroic create a link to be able to launch it directly from the Steam Deck interface, all of the buttons worked. Very odd, but I'm glad it works better when launching via Steam Deck.

Yeah, good question. I haven't had any issues with games via Heroic.

Just started playing Horizon Chase Turbo via Heroic and it worked perfectly.

One thing that was funny though. If I launched it via Heroic, I couldn't get all of the buttons to work, but when I had Heroic create a link to be able to launch it directly from the Steam Deck interface, all of the buttons worked. Very odd, but I'm glad it works better when launching via Steam Deck.
Granted, this is from 9 months ago or so - might be worth looking at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyWgdeHaccs

So my Steam sale/related sales holiday haul...

Steam:
  • Ruined King: A League of Legends Story
  • Witcher 3: Complete Edition

Fanatical:
  • Persona 4 Golden
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade (my XP discount made it worth getting for a couple dollars more here rather than Epic)

Ubisoft
  • Immortals Fenyx Rising Gold Edition
  • Starlink Battle for Atlas Deluxe
Epic

• All the freebies

Yeah the issue with KH1/2 is A) the launcher will just loop unless you direct it to the games EXE, so to switch games you would need to point Heroic to the correct Exe each time. And B) issue is the FMV's are coded in DX11 and the actual game in DX12 (from what i gather), Proton/Wine/Lutris cant handle Engine changes mid game I guess, so the work around is to rename the EPIC folder in file system which forces the games to not play the FMV/Prerendered Cutscenes, the game will just skip them automatically.

I believe KH3 is easier to get running but still has issues.

I looked up a few videos and guides:
https://github.com/FlaareZero/Kingdom_Hearts_Collection_Linux/blob/main/how_to.md
https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/tir5y1/kingdom_hearts_iii_wont_boot_through_steam/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH7ogB9mhuE

But at the end of the day its just a headache I didnt feel like dealing with lol.

Ive gotten a few items installed/working from Heroic launcher on the Steam Deck, KH just seems to be a special case.

Yeah the issue with KH1/2 is A) the launcher will just loop unless you direct it to the games EXE, so to switch games you would need to point Heroic to the correct Exe each time. And B) issue is the FMV's are coded in DX11 and the actual game in DX12 (from what i gather), Proton/Wine/Lutris cant handle Engine changes mid game I guess, so the work around is to rename the EPIC folder in file system which forces the games to not play the FMV/Prerendered Cutscenes, the game will just skip them automatically.
Not a big heroic user but you can make game entries for all those exe's within steam; just make sure to give them all the same STEAM_COMPAT_DATA_PATH (command customization) so they all share the same install location.

This is how you can set up most 3rd party launcher games to work on their own steam icon entries without installing the launcher again and again for each individual game from that launcher.

I guess i should post my full haul

Contra Anniversary Collection (Green Man Gaming)

Castlevania Anniversary Collection (Green Man Gaming)

Guardians of the Galaxy (Green Man Gaming)

Horizon (Newegg)

Super Lucky Tales + New Super Lucky Tales (Steam)

Haul: 

Steam Deck

The Angler

Elden Rings

Unexplored 2 (came as a freebie key)

Skyrim Anniversary (because I need to make sure every device I own has an up to date copy of Skyrim... which I've still never beaten)

Grabbed for my new steam deck:

Dragon Star Varnir
The Vagrant
Valfaris/Slain combo
Darkwood
And yesterday I grabbed Demon Gaze Extra which just popped up on sale

Grabbed for my new steam deck:

Dragon Star Varnir
The Vagrant
Valfaris/Slain combo
Darkwood
And yesterday I grabbed Demon Gaze Extra which just popped up on sale
I'm super tempted on DGE; got any feedback or any of the rest of you rabble rousers have some input?

I'm super tempted on DGE; got any feedback or any of the rest of you rabble rousers have some input?
Extra also is getting a NA physical release - I'm going that route. You may be aware, but dungeon crawlers are a very niche and grindy subgenre. I like them from time to time but for some reason tend to stall out and not finish them. Handheld is definitely the best way to play them though.

I haven't played Demon Gaze Extra, but I played the original on the Vita. It's a very nice looking entry level dungeon crawler that is beatable relatively quickly if you have some experience. You build up a generic group of classes (like most dungeon crawlers) and get crawling through different elemental zones (if I remember correctly). The story is a little better than usual for these type of games, the graphics have some nice anime style portraits and it does get a bit challenging as the game goes on. I'm sure the PC version is alright. I think Extra contains one other more time consuming class that uses consumables. I haven't played in a while, but I got the one for Switch I can give my thoughts on the specific version. Hopefully this helps, but it's very beginner friendly.

I bought Darktide at full price. Nothing else I wanted heh. And now 80 hours in I'm playing in the waiting lobby for Monster Hunter Rise on Game Pass. RIP.

Apropos of nothing: I'm only through the first two locations of Hitman 3 but I'm *this* close to calling the modern-day Hitman games my favorite video game trilogy ever. Would push slightly past Dark Souls. I mean my goodness, even a bad Hitman map is just wonderful to explore.

Apropos of nothing: I'm only through the first two locations of Hitman 3 but I'm *this* close to calling the modern-day Hitman games my favorite video game trilogy ever. Would push slightly past Dark Souls. I mean my goodness, even a bad Hitman map is just wonderful to explore.
Wait, there's bad maps in a Hitman game? Blasphemy!

Awesome Games Done Quick 2023 is going on currently until the end of Saturday. These runners are amazing, the cause is great for trying to beat Cancer and there is a lot of incentives you can win for donating certain amounts.

I also have to shout out Yeetee for their limited time shirts and other merchandise donating $5 from every shirt sale. Fangamer also have an AGDQ section where they're donating a part of the sales to charity as well.

If you've never bought from Yeetee their shirts are nice and pretty soft, have great designs, and also very comfortable. Also the women's sizes fit my sister very well who is a small. I usually get her the Kirby shirts as presents, and their happens to be one. I buy them too. Love the little puff ball.

Most of the runners stream their runs all the time, so it's no longer unique to see this stuff. The live and in person shenanigans, cringe as they can be sometimes, are what makes the event interesting.

Looks like Forspoken on Steam will ship w/ Denuvo.
Played the PS5 demo and there's a lot going on. It's like they looked at every open world game mechanic and crammed them in their. It was too much in terms a demo, IMO.

Very, very pretty, though.

I think I'll grab a $20 copy for the PS5 come Black Friday, but don't think I need it since I'm trucking through Elden Ring.

So my paternity leave has ended and I'm back to work now which is great because it means I can sit around and play games all day again. I managed to get through most of the AAA stuff I wanted to play during my leave and I've been catching up on smaller titles I picked up in the Steam sale or on Gamepass. Here is what I've been playing and some brief impressions:

Prodeus: good

The Last Campfire: good

Huntdown: good

Islanders: good

Dusk: good

Nova Drift: good

Citizen Sleeper: good

And that's about it!

Looks like Division 2 just launched on Steam finally:
-> https://store.steampowered.com/app/2221490/Tom_Clancys_The_Division_2/

PC System requirements for Hogwarts Legacy is up too:
-> Min & Recommended - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmSQ7fJXkAoJ73S?format=jpg&name=large
-> Ultra Specs & 4K Ultra Specs - https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmSQ81-XwAQ152_?format=jpg&name=large
There's a lot of talk about the game crashing at random and that it's been an issue for 2 years. I played the hell out of this game and don't remember this being an issue... but I guess my heyday with this game might have been more than two years ago.

The game is on life support with patches and updates all but nonexistent.

bread's done
Back