Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Thanks, Inmate.

I've had both Division 1 and 2 backlogged on UbiSoft Connect forever. I really should get to that, at some point...provided Ubi keeps the servers open and provided UbiSoft stays even in business.

Looks like UbiSoft's needs a hit, as BG&E2 is still in development and Skull & Bones is going to get delayed again, and they just cancelled 3 more games too. Cancelled 7 games in total, in the last 6 months.

Yong on this.

https://youtu.be/PJsv9u1odEE

There's a lot of talk about the game crashing at random and that it's been an issue for 2 years. I played the hell out of this game and don't remember this being an issue... but I guess my heyday with this game might have been more than two years ago.

The game is on life support with patches and updates all but nonexistent.
My guess is that there are still DX12 issues with Nvidia cards. That is what I've heard from people for years, especially with Div2. Div1 was rock solid for me on win7, dx11 AMD system for 2-3 years that I played it off and on. It ran Div2 just fine as well. I haven't played much on my Nvidia system with DX12 yet.

Hmmm, can Division 1 and 2 be ran with Vulkan? Does either or both of the games support it?

EDIT - I have Div1 and 2. Never finished Div1; and never even booted Div 2. Yeah...I'm so lazy, I know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Inmate.

I've had both Division 1 and 2 backlogged on UbiSoft Connect forever. I really should get to that, at some point...provided Ubi keeps the servers open and provided UbiSoft stays even in business.

Looks like UbiSoft's needs a hit, as BG&E2 is still in development and Skull & Bones is going to get delayed again, and they just cancelled 3 more games too. Cancelled 7 games in total, in the last 6 months.

Yong on this.
https://youtu.be/PJsv9u1odEE
Well I’m glad there have been SOME negative consequences for publishers that push underdeveloped iterative crap out the door year after year, even if I wish it would have happened to EA or Activision first.

But who would want everything UbiSoft does? Wouldn't Ubi be better off selling its properties piece-meal, similar to like what THQ did a long time ago?

They have so many different IP's and games w/ so much alike open-world formula, they probably could scatter these games and IP's across different companies. 

Who would benefit most and NEEDS an IP in a certain space/genre b/c they lack that kind of game?

Who needs most....Assassin's Creed? (open world action/adventure/platformer/stealth/RPG)

Who needs a Prince of Persia? (action/adventure/platformer)

Far Cry series? (open world FPS)

Rayman? (platformer)

Beyond Good and Evil? (action/adventure/Zelda-lite game)

Splinter Cell? (action/stealth)

Tom Clancy's stuff? Rainbow Six? Ghost Recon? The Division? Etc etc?

Skull & Bones? (does anyone even want this MMO/open-world/action-adventure pirate game?)

Watch Dogs? (Open-world GTA-like w/ hacking elements)

Driver series? (open-world racer or open-world GTA-like)

Etc etc?

I mean, i dunno, that’s why no one is biting lol. Microsoft is bogged down in the Activision deal, Sony already has a bunch of IPs that do the open-world Ubisoft checklist thing better than Ubisoff games do, and Nintendo couldn’t afford them even if they wanted them, which they definitely don’t. Maybe someone like Epic or Tencent want their slimy tendrils on that Ubi carcass?

It would be nice for someone to take a stab at another Rayman game tho. Legends and Origins were the best 2D platformers that I’ve played outside of Nintendo games.

Man, I get that Ubisoft is the devil to a sizeable portion of the gaming community, but they damn-well better not go belly-up until I finish playing their damn games.

I played very few of their games from the mid-2000's until recently. What kickstarted the spelunking of my Ubi backlog was their constant shutdowns of game services. So I've finished most of the Assassin's Creed games in order and am just finishing up Origins -- which is easily my favorite so far. If I lose access to the remaining games in the series I will seriously consider boycotting French... whatever it is they make.

FarCry 3-5 are coming next. I hope I make it.

Blame UbiSoft for doing UPLAY client-app junk as DRM & treating games as rentals, like most of this industry has done. If Ubi goes belly-up, perfect way to show the pitfalls of DRM causing problems for owners of single-player games....after they go the way of the dodo.

EDIT - I do wonder how many games will go the way of the dodo, if something like Steam goes away ever....where a lot of PC gamers do have big backlogs. Not gonna be pretty, if that day ever comes. It's why DRM like required client-app's, Denuvo, server-side crap, and other crap just shouldn't stick on games forever; especially single-player stuff.

I’ve been messing around a lot with old games since hacking my PSP a couple years ago and my 3DS about a month ago, and it’s given me a real appreciation for game preservation. It’s kinda sad that the only real reason we have so much old media still preserved is thanks to pirates.

I’ve been messing around a lot with old games since hacking my PSP a couple years ago and my 3DS about a month ago, and it’s given me a real appreciation for game preservation. It’s kinda sad that the only real reason we have so much old media still preserved is thanks to pirates.
Y'arr.

Hmmm, can Division 1 and 2 be ran with Vulkan? Does either or both of the games support it?

EDIT - I have Div1 and 2. Never finished Div1; and never even booted Div 2. Yeah...I'm so lazy, I know.
EDIT: I misread. You're looking for vulkan info but I read this as proton. Sorry.

On the deck it looks like division 1 is "gold" while division 2 is borked per

https://www.protondb.com/search?q=The%20division

My guess is that there are still DX12 issues with Nvidia cards. That is what I've heard from people for years, especially with Div2. Div1 was rock solid for me on win7, dx11 AMD system for 2-3 years that I played it off and on. It ran Div2 just fine as well. I haven't played much on my Nvidia system with DX12 yet.
Yeah, that all sounds very familiar... Though if it was something as simple as running it in dx11 I don't think the anger that I've seen in a bunch of threads or it never being offered as a solution makes me wonder if its something else. I do remember running the game in DX11...

I bought The Division 2 for $9 because why not lol.
Its a good game I enjoyed the hell out of both of them... I spent a bunch of time playing with friends and randoms but I've done all the story missions on both games by myself.

Blame UbiSoft for doing UPLAY client-app junk as DRM & treating games as rentals, like most of this industry has done. If Ubi goes belly-up, perfect way to show the pitfalls of DRM causing problems for owners of single-player games....after they go the way of the dodo.

EDIT - I do wonder how many games will go the way of the dodo, if something like Steam goes away ever....where a lot of PC gamers do have big backlogs. Not gonna be pretty, if that day ever comes. It's why DRM like required client-app's, Denuvo, server-side crap, and other crap just shouldn't stick on games forever; especially single-player stuff.
I don't think Ubisoft is in mortal danger... I just don't think they'll make their sales quota and they'll have angry shareholders. We could be seeing the end of their exclusive deal with Epic. I'm guessing they realized that having no new games on Steam meant that far too many people just never saw their new releases.

As for Steam going under... Outside of a world calamity, at which point we all have bigger issues than not being able to access our video games, I don't see steam ever going away... Even if somehow Valve failed I think someone would buy Steam, maybe rebrand it, and keep it going,

Edit: I guess Ghost Recon: Breakpoint will be the next Ubisoft title to appear on Steam?

i'm a filthy ban boy. lost ark banned me because...man, i feel so dirty. mommy, please make it go away...
That's got to be a mistake and I got to imagine it will be fixed sometime next week. It's bad business and, well, I guess it could open Amazon up for libel suits. Has they're ever been a class action libel suit? lol

Supposedly there is a new game mode ("Descent") and story season planned for this spring. Who knows though; this is the outfit that keeps holding Halloween cosmetic events over Christmas because they're not ready in time.
I know they've been "robbed" of personal twice now. One for an Avatar game and more recently a Star Wars game.

Supposedly they are hiring a lighting developer for Div 2 so I guess they're still doing something with it.  The listing said that ray tracing experience is a plus so, of course, some see that as "Div 2 is getting ray tracing" but it could just be helpful when some other group steals Div's new lighting developer.

So I finished Guardians of the Galaxy.  Took 19.3 hours but I'm sure someone not looking for parts for upgrades or new costumes could cut a lot of time off that.  Story was really good and quite funny.  The voice actors really put in some amazing performances.  Even the guy playing Star Lord, whom I called out earlier was solid though his Star Lord had a slight whine that I never could completely get over.

The combat...  I honestly thought it was a mess, it worked well enough but if the NPCs (Rocket, Groot, Drax, and Gamora) didn't need as much babysitting as they currently do I think the game would be more fun.  Though one of the big hang ups I had was that it was extremely hard to track certain enemies.  They looked too much like other various and/or picking them out of the crowd when you trying to use an NPC ability was a guesstimate at best.

Towards the late part of the game I kept having Gamora saying the same voice lines over and over.  It wasn't in a loop and it only happened when those enemies where around so I don't think it was glitched.  I didn't like the quick time events...  (The timing just seemed off, like it was constantly a half a second slow or something?)  Also, way too often I got stuck in or on the environment.  (That was the most tedious thing and, truth be told, I was ready for the game to end an hour or so before it did.)

I know it sounds like I'm crapping on the game a lot, and I guess in a way that I am, but its hard to lists a lot of the positive when its story related.  I'm not one for spoilers, even minor spoilers, so I guess I'll just say I hope they make a squeal and fix a few of the games hang ups. I would certainly give it a try. (Though likely not on day 1.)

Guardians game was awesome. Had a blast with it and the soundtrack & RT ruled.

Just...don't expect same quality of writing, if they (Eidos Montreal) ever do a sequel. Mary DeMarle (of Deus Ex: HR & Guardians game) left the company and went to BioWare & became their Lead Narrative Writer...likely for the next Mass Effect game.

I want to get Chained Echoes for the SD, but I just can't pay full price. I have GP for my series X but I want to own the game. Am I crazy? 

it a good game has flaws thu that get annoying, everyone has a price point there willing pay and it can vary by game pay what you think it worth. I wait for sales for some games and buy day one other games and don't think twice, so do what works for you.

Forspoken's PC requirements.

Sources:

- Eurogamer 

- Twitter Link

- Dexerto.

Forspoken PC requirements

Minimum settings

• OS: Windows 10 64-bit (After November 2019 Update) or Windows 11 64-bit
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (3.7GHz or better) / Intel Core i7-3770 (3.7GHz or better)
  • Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
  • Memory: 16GB
  • Display resolution: 720p 30fps
  • HDD/SSD space: HDD 150GB or more
Recommended settings

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (3.7 GHz or better)/ Intel® Core™ i7-8700K (3.7GHz or better)
  • Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB VRAM
  • Memory: 24GB
  • Display Resolution: 1440p 30fps
  • HDD/SSD space: SSD 150GB or more
Ultra settings 

• CPU: AMD Ryzen™5 5800X (3.8 GHz or better) Intel Core™ i7-12700
  • Video Card: AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 16GB / NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 4080 16 GB VRAM
  • Memory: 32GB
  • Display Resolution: 2160p 60fps
  • HDD/SSD: NVMe SSD 150GB or more

For anyone that has a stadia controller.. they added bluetooth support in an update today. Not bad since if you got the controller directly from Google it ended up being free after they refunded everyone due to Stadia's impending shutdown.

I've tested it on Steam (after enabling generic controller support) and it works the same way it would wired. One major issue is it doesn't appear to have rumble support on steam, but everything else works ok. Decent alternative for a wireless controller if you don't already have an Xbox/Playstation/8bitdo controller.

EDIT: Rumble works wired but not via bluetooth. Hopefully it gets fixed cuz it's a decent controller

Just noticed The House of the Dead remake is on sale for $10 if you get the bundle with Panzer Dragoon remake. Definitely my price to give it a go. Love the originals. Wish I had a modern day light gun set up to play this with but hoping it should be fun with mouse too

welp, no longer a bad boi, they removed the ban. i thought about reinstalling and "hate" play, but then i realized i don't care anymore. but... fuck that game.

AbsoluteChiefDolphin-size_restricted.gif

NVC3XB.gif

bread's done
Back