Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
RIP Cos, but where was my Jeff Beck beer? RIP Beck the GOAT.
liquid-pour.gif

EKrlfr2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
-> Price before any voucher; check if you got any of those to make it cheaper.
There website is so bad I have no idea if I do or not... I remember discovering and rediscovering my discount code many times while debating the Winter Sales. :(

Marvel's Midnight Sons seems to be tanking pretty bad. It hit a new historic low on gamesbillet. 51%

https://www.gamebillet.com/marvels-midnight-suns-standard-edition-steam-pre-order?affiliate=ggdeals

There's three versions to chose from... Reviews I saw said the gameplay was fun but the stuff in between was rough.

There website is so bad I have no idea if I do or not... I remember discovering and rediscovering my discount code many times while debating the Winter Sales. :(

Marvel's Midnight Sons seems to be tanking pretty bad. It hit a new historic low on gamesbillet. 51%

https://www.gamebillet.com/marvels-midnight-suns-standard-edition-steam-pre-order?affiliate=ggdeals

There's three versions to chose from... Reviews I saw said the gameplay was fun but the stuff in between was rough.
I got it for free and I can't be bothered to play it. XCOM? Cool. Cards? Nah. Honestly, I'll get to it I was looking forward to it but given they're adding characters to the game soon, I'll just wait until it's finished.

I got it for free and I can't be bothered to play it. XCOM? Cool. Cards? Nah. Honestly, I'll get to it I was looking forward to it but given they're adding characters to the game soon, I'll just wait until it's finished.
This is the key. If enough gamers would be patient and not buy day 1 (at least wait for reviews confirming the state of the game) then maybe these companies would get the memo to finish their games before expecting money. There are so many gaming options these days between retro emulation, AAA games from 2-3 years ago that have all DLC available in "Complete/GOTY" editions, and online-only experiences that we have plenty to keep us busy.

This is the key. If enough gamers would be patient and not buy day 1 (at least wait for reviews confirming the state of the game) then maybe these companies would get the memo to finish their games before expecting money. There are so many gaming options these days between retro emulation, AAA games from 2-3 years ago that have all DLC available in "Complete/GOTY" editions, and online-only experiences that we have plenty to keep us busy.
Well like I played the first HZD game before all the stuff released.. 100%'d that thing.. then they expanded.. and I couldn't be bothered to go back, so I'm only tangentially aware of the store of that. Same thing for this new one... I'm likely not going to bother with the expansion. If they want me to play the games as they intend them, they release them that way.

Very VERY rarely do I go back and play again. Skyrim is practically an entirely different game with all the stuff in this anniversary/enhanced or whatever dumb name they called this most recent release.

I will say, I'm loving my Steam Deck though. I really think it's one of my best purchases (once I got a good USB C charger and a long USB cable).

Free Dungeon of the Endless:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1616522042207002624?s=20

You can also get the DLC for free in the same gift area.

Here is my thoughts on Die in the Dungeon Prologue after 18 minutes.

This is an extremely basic die rolling rogue lite game. You roll 5 dice (to start I'm guessing) and place them on a grid. There are attack/defense/heal dies to give those numbers in their respective role. You also have boost dies which boost values on a grid according to their value and also their spacing, so a +5 boost might only boost one spot 5 spaces away. There are events and enemies in each round of this. It was okay looking and sounded okay, but this loop was very boring. Getting and upgrading dice just gave chances to get better pips and it was just kind of not fun. This feels like it will be in some bundle someday. Nothing terrible, but felt very uninspired. 6/10

I can also give thoughts on Steam games I got in the Winter Sale (Indie's Lies, Brotato, and 20 Minutes Until Dawn) in a while, since that is more in depth after a few hours with each.

I will say, I'm loving my Steam Deck though. I really think it's one of my best purchases (once I got a good USB C charger and a long USB cable).
That's the one annoying thing about it, I wish at the very least that they made the cable detachable from the charger. The cable is short as fuck and a cable would be much easier to replace than the entire charger

The official Steam Deck dock is a game changer .. much better than third party options that are a pain to plug-in and play with. Having a small keyboard and mouse with the dock really turns it into a great mini pc on your tv option, And the emulation options have really improved … you can almost get rid of your switch. Can’t wait to see a Steam Deck 2 that bumps the system power and battery life, as those are the two challenges with the current Deck imo.

That's the one annoying thing about it, I wish at the very least that they made the cable detachable from the charger. The cable is short as fuck and a cable would be much easier to replace than the entire charger
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09HBJ1Z96/?th=1

I bought this thing last summer and it has become indispensable for me at home gaming on handhelds or when traveling. It is actually on a lightning deal coincidentally as I looked it up. I originally bought it to charge the Baseus powerbank I use with my SteamDeck but more often I just use the type C cable to charge the Deck directly.

I bought this thing last summer and it has become indispensable for me at home gaming on handhelds or when traveling. It is actually on a lightning deal coincidentally as I looked it up. I originally bought it to charge the Baseus powerbank I use with my SteamDeck but more often I just use the type C cable to charge the Deck directly.
Nice! Extra 20% off coupon as well. Just snagged one for $30 after tax. Be nice to reduce some clutter on the desk, and it will be handy when traveling later this year. Thanks!

This is one of those items where I know I can use it, just need to fiddle with the stuff I have to fit it in. Likely a nightstand solution for me since I have UPS for the PC and Tripplites everywhere else.

I've had some pretty crummy luck this week.  I beat Skyrim's main questline for the first time (/bow) so I had bought Elden Ring at their discount and bought RDR2 at it's lowest discount.  Both have bored me to tears within an hour of each. 

RDR2 feels like a running cutscene where I have to hold A and hope the stupid horses follow the other stupid horses.  Then the stupid game keeps trying to put me Online... look.. I'm anti-social, I don't need some kids reminding me why I dislike people.  

Elden... well its a Souls game, I should have known better but I was immediately inundated with 'try finger put in but' messages.  Blood marks everywhere.  Utter trash.  And everything is samey looking.  

Humble Store:

X Superbox [Steam key] = $4

This includes:

• X: Beyond the Frontier 2.2
  • X: Tension 2.2 (expansion pack for X:BtF)
  • X2: The Threat 2.5 incl. UPLINK
  • X3: Reunion 2.5 incl. “Bala Gi`s Research Missions” 
  • X3: Terran Conflict 3.0 incl. “Balance of Power” (X3TC) 
  • X3: Albion Prelude (DLC for X3TC game)
  • Bonus content with installers for Egosoft and fan made add-ons. 
  • Encyclopedia about the X universe (PDF download)
  • X3 Soundtrack (download)
Side note:

X3: Farnham's Legacy on Steam is free for X3TC & AP owners on Steam (it requires BOTH pieces)...

- ...so go get that too if you buy the X Superbox or own those 2 parts of X3TC and AP already.

I've had some pretty crummy luck this week. I beat Skyrim's main questline for the first time (/bow) so I had bought Elden Ring at their discount and bought RDR2 at it's lowest discount. Both have bored me to tears within an hour of each.
I hear RDR2 first couple of hours are painfully slow... I know people who can't won't restart the game because its so bad.

My bad luck this week had me buying the top tier of a bundle that consisted of one game... Only to discover I already had that game. Honestly, not sure if I would have gotten the bundle knowing that... I looked at reviews, and I could have sworn that I didn't own any of the games. I even went so far as to dig through my steam account to see when I activated the code. (Apr 2022)

Anyhow, stuck with an extra copy of Prehistoric Kingdom. If it looks interesting to you and you think it would make your week better let me know. (Free)

Last week I beat my big game (Guardian of the Galaxy), by big game I mean I cannot listen to a podcast or watch TV, so I need to pick a new game to start... Not sure what it will be. My small game has been Ori and the Blind Forest. Beautiful game, wonderful game, and I really like it but its had two massive difficulty spikes in two areas that just seem to be way out of character for the game. It turns into precise timing, precise platforming, make it just a bit father to see whats going to kill you next only to repeat it time and time again. I'm not a huge fan of trial and error gameplay, I find it frustrating in general, and find its sudden inclusion to be really sucky. This is a game I could see being a game to lure my wife into playing games, I'm sure she isn't the only one... but she could never get through this shit. Anyhow, I'm enjoying it but I'm not sure I would recommend it.

GMG, released a discount code for XP users, Its just 2% but it works with Days Gone for anyone interested in it.

GMG, released a discount code for XP users, Its just 2% but it works with Days Gone for anyone interested in it.
$10.37 before coupons? Yeah, that's a steal.

I like this game so far w/ its storytelling and narrative mostly. Game mechanics are good and all - but I hope it don't get bogged-down at some point into big open-world UbiSoft stuff.

Some missions and side stuff do feel like - takeover X area; defeat X guys; destroy X that; move on.

I really wish I could reset camera behind Deacon though w/ a button click on gamepad or a reset-cam button, since the cam's unlocked.

Regarding gmg purchases - just a heads up that they recently sent me an email with a unique 5% off voucher. Email titled "Make Your Comeback? Extra 5% Off Your Next Game"

I still can't pull the trigger on Days Gone at $9.80. It's probably because I just finished Horizon: FW and I know it's going to be 6-12 months before I can handle another game in similar format due to buildup of the open world apathy debuff.

$10.16 according to PayPal. I think I'm going to start Horizon Zero Dawn as my big game.
For what it's worth, I felt ZD was the better of the two Horizon games. Very much worth $10.

I thought Days Gone was better than Zero Dawn for what that may be worth to you.

edit: I'll care about Forbidden West when it's on Steam.

Could use some expert level help here fellas...

Used to build PCs two decades ago. Five years back I switched to macOS. Recently bought a new gaming PC and super high end monitor.

That  being said, I was itching to play my old DVD games from 15-20 years ago. Bought a DVD external drive and come to find out because of old DRM, it's impossible to play old games on new PCs. Learned the hard way when one of the discs crashed my entire Windows 11 install and I had to do a restore to recover the OS.

First, is there any way to 'convert' old games from ages ago? Do any studios have any offers or programs besides just re-buying decade old games?

Secondly, I was a hardcore FPS from the original call of duty, battlefield, and also some third person games like Freedom Fighters. What are some modern suggestions for newer games to push my new gaming setup?

quote name="Romeo" post="14516953" timestamp="1674422332"] Honestly the easiest solution is to find an older machine running that OS for the game or putting together a build out of old parts from that era. There is the option to try and run the game with the Windows compatibility mode, but that is hit or miss. Another option is to run an emulated version of the OS, and using an iso file of the game mounted on a virtual clone drive. I would suggest looking for specific guides on each game. None of the current developers offer any support( save Valve) or a way to convert the game to a digital copy as far as I know. GOG has a larger library of games that have an updated installer to that helps with running the game on a newer OS.

Could use some expert level help here fellas...

Used to build PCs two decades ago. Five years back I switched to macOS. Recently bought a new gaming PC and super high end monitor.

That being said, I was itching to play my old DVD games from 15-20 years ago. Bought a DVD external drive and come to find out because of old DRM, it's impossible to play old games on new PCs. Learned the hard way when one of the discs crashed my entire Windows 11 install and I had to do a restore to recover the OS.

First, is there any way to 'convert' old games from ages ago? Do any studios have any offers or programs besides just re-buying decade old games?

Secondly, I was a hardcore FPS from the original call of duty, battlefield, and also some third person games like Freedom Fighters. What are some modern suggestions for newer games to push my new gaming setup?
A lot of old games - yeah, they don't activate online unfortunately on services like GOG, Steam, Origin, etc; that shows what companies think of old games...as they'd probably rather you buy inevitable Remake or Remaster for $60-70 instead.

GOG stopped its GOG Reclaim (to reclaim SOME disc-games) & GOG Connect program (to bring some of your Steam games over to GOG) recently and killed them both...unfortunately.

You'd probably need to find a disc-cracks and make sure those cracks ain't got viruses in them; use at your own risk, of course.

And if there's any games that got official patches that removed DRM-checks (like say Beyond Divinity w/ Patch version 1.49) - use those.

And you're probably ASAP going to have to uninstall any crummy DRM drivers like Tages, Securom, SafeDisc, etc. In many cases - when old games are cheap, you might want to re-buy them, to avoid DRM of that sort...which can cause problems w/ newer Windows OS's and newer hardware. Steam and GOG are great places to buyt old games.

About Freedom Fighters - that game's been so cheap on Fanatical and GOG so many times at $1.90 to $3 or so, so might as well re-buy. See ITAD on Freedom Fighters' price history -> https://isthereanydeal.com/game/freedomfighters/info/

If you got Alder Lake, check this out. Here's how you go into BIOS to try to get around problems that it has w/ certain DRM-types on W10 and W11 -> https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-offers-workaround-drm-issues

If you got old-systems - might wanna just play those games on those systems, if you still got them and provided those systems still work and all.

Another idea - depending on how much power & system RAM you got inside and also how much RAM want to allocate virtually, maybe you'd want to use VirtualBox and install old Windows OS on top of W11 that way? Or maybe straight-up dual-boot if possible older Windows OS's onto your system or Linux? Never tried any of those - and I'm lazy, but probably should try these ideas, one day - but there's some ideas.

A lot of old games - yeah, they don't activate online unfortunately on services like GOG, Steam, Origin, etc; that shows what companies think of old games...as they'd probably rather you buy inevitable Remake or Remaster for $60-70 instead.

GOG stopped its GOG Reclaim (to reclaim SOME disc-games) & GOG Connect program (to bring some of your Steam games over to GOG) recently and killed them both...unfortunately.

You'd probably need to find a disc-cracks and make sure those cracks ain't got viruses in them; use at your own risk, of course.

And if there's any games that got official patches that removed DRM-checks (like say Beyond Divinity w/ Patch version 1.49) - use those.

And you're probably ASAP going to have to uninstall any crummy DRM drivers like Tages, Securom, SafeDisc, etc. In many cases - when old games are cheap, you might want to re-buy them, to avoid DRM of that sort...which can cause problems w/ newer Windows OS's and newer hardware. Steam and GOG are great places to buyt old games.

About Freedom Fighters - that game's been so cheap on Fanatical and GOG so many times at $1.90 to $3 or so, so might as well re-buy. See ITAD on Freedom Fighters' price history -> https://isthereanydeal.com/game/freedomfighters/info/

If you got Alder Lake, check this out. Here's how you go into BIOS to try to get around problems that it has w/ certain DRM-types on W10 and W11 -> https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-offers-workaround-drm-issues

If you got old-systems - might wanna just play those games on those systems, if you still got them and provided those systems still work and all.

Another idea - depending on how much power & system RAM you got inside and also how much RAM want to allocate virtually, maybe you'd want to use VirtualBox and install old Windows OS on top of W11 that way? Or maybe straight-up dual-boot if possible older Windows OS's onto your system or Linux? Never tried any of those - and I'm lazy, but probably should try these ideas, one day - but there's some ideas.
Thank you for the details.

Specifically the first disc I installed was Sniper Elite, the original game. As soon as I ran the disc it ran Starlink DRM, which killed my PC and had it in a blue screen boot loop. That's when I found out the hard way old games can kill modern PCs. I then tried Freedom Fighters, and it installed though refused to run.

I own dozens of DVD based games from 10-20 years ago. Every Call of Duty, most Battlefield games. Are ALL of my old DVDs no good today because of DRM? Should I even bother trying or am I chasing a dream?

RDR2 feels like a running cutscene where I have to hold A and hope the stupid horses follow the other stupid horses. Then the stupid game keeps trying to put me Online... look.. I'm anti-social, I don't need some kids reminding me why I dislike people.
The whole first chapter of RDR2 really sucks. It is painfully on rails, dialog heavy, non skippable cutscene garbage.

Get through it as fast as you can and the rest of the game has been amazing. I'm at about 60% through it. I play some on my deck almost every night

Specifically the first disc I installed was Sniper Elite, the original game. As soon as I ran the disc it ran Starlink DRM, which killed my PC and had it in a blue screen boot loop. That's when I found out the hard way old games can kill modern PCs. I then tried Freedom Fighters, and it installed though refused to run.

I own dozens of DVD based games from 10-20 years ago. Every Call of Duty, most Battlefield games. Are ALL of my old DVDs no good today because of DRM? Should I even bother trying or am I chasing a dream?
Some of those older cd keys can be activated on steam and origin.

steam used to have a list can't find it atm just this info: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/0E71-0971-324A-1161#which

Edit: Found an archive of steam page with list of old retail keys that may active on steam

https://web.archive.org/web/20160505042257/https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

Oh, StarForce is brutal. Those drivers always been nasty, which are OS specific...so that is probably one problem. StarForce can cause all kinds of problems - measuring your disc to make sure it's the right size; ruin DVD/BR drives from working b/c of its actual crazy disc-spinning and measuring process; even causing your disc to spin back and forth & shatter it into pieces; and its drivers causing all kinds of issues - so, yeah; it's the pits. One of the worst I've ever seen.

Games protected by StarForce - well, provided those games are on Steam, GOG, etc digitally - it's really best off to re-buy their Non-StarForce versions from a digital store.

You could always install the game from your disc on an old system; get the CD crack & crack the game's EXE (provided a crack exists) after making sure it ain't got viruses; and just copy that exact game-folder onto a new PC...provided the game actually works on newer systems w/out needing it to be set to the Registry (some do need to be installed the classic way and put into Registry, some don't).

EDIT:

B/c of Security concerns, many & a lot of old games protected specifically by Securom and Safedisc will not work on W7 (after a certain KB update - so you might wanna uninstall that updates if you're on W7) and especially Windows Vista, W8, W8.1, W10, and W11. Literally...Microsoft blocked them from working.

Check this out -> https://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-to-play-pc-games-that-require-safedisc-or-securom-drm-on-windows-10-8.1-8-7-and-vista/

Some of those older cd keys can be activated on steam and origin.

steam used to have a list can't find it atm just this info: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/0E71-0971-324A-1161#which

Edit: Found an archive of steam page with list of old retail keys that may active on steam

https://web.archive.org/web/20160505042257/https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601
About Steam-page w/ Retail games that can work: looks like they removed the list.

About Origin - PC Gaming Wiki has a list of old retail-boxed games that can activate-up on Origin:

-> https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Origin-redeemable_games

Started Horizon ZD, story seems like it will be a high point, it at least starts out interesting... Though I encountered a problem.  Even on the most pulled back field of view I get a slight headache and my stomach flops a bit.  I'm hoping its just the prologue camera.  I made it to where the combat tutorial before taking a break but it seems like the camera was different.  Maybe that's just hopeful thinking. (I rarely have this issue.  Enslaved is the only one I can remember.  Well, besides Decent way back in the day.)

So I went and played Ori, actually finished it, would have just stayed with it if I knew I was so close to the end. To those who finished the game also were you as shocked that it ended when it ended?  

As for the game itself, Man, such mixed feelings.  Like I said a liked/loved much of it but those 2 (Well, maybe 3 as there was one at the end that felt a little punishing) difficulty spikes were absolutely insane.  I cannot fathom anyone beating the game on the one left game mode.  Maybe I just like myself too much?

Started Horizon ZD, story seems like it will be a high point, it at least starts out interesting... Though I encountered a problem. Even on the most pulled back field of view I get a slight headache and my stomach flops a bit. I'm hoping its just the prologue camera. I made it to where the combat tutorial before taking a break but it seems like the camera was different. Maybe that's just hopeful thinking. (I rarely have this issue. Enslaved is the only one I can remember. Well, besides Decent way back in the day.)
That (slight headache, stomach flop) sucks....do you ever get it in Assassin's Creed when jump into hale bale?....anyways I hope you can pull through or rights itself because the story is amazing (same with the sequel) and you do actually feel stronger as the game goes along...

Also I thought I was the only one to have played through Enslaved :rofl:

Elden... well its a Souls game, I should have known better but I was immediately inundated with 'try finger put in but' messages. Blood marks everywhere. Utter trash. And everything is samey looking.
I turned off the multiplayer/online stuff from the start and, the one or two times I clicked it on for something, it was awful. The place is so littered with blood splatters, ghosts and meme messages as to make their supposed function pointless and summoning in randos to fight bosses for me seemed to defeat the point of playing. While the terrain and critters changes from place to place, I felt the overall world never shook a feeling of "MMORPG world with you as the one player". Nothing really felt alive or like a functional world, it just felt like it was there for you to grind Soulsbucks on or do a quest for. That said, I did largely enjoy it, at least enough to finish my first play through.

I bought Asterigos: Curse of the Stars over the winter sale and just finished it last night with 55hrs. That's including a lot of side questing but not exhaustively trying to 100% the game (I think it's more like 25hrs if you just blitz the main plot). Action-adventure Souls-Lite with you as some pseudo-Viking chick* exploring some pseudo-Greek city to figure out where your missing dad is. Combat has your parries and roll-dodges, etc but even a chump like me had little trouble with it on Normal difficulty so it's probably not going to scratch a hardcore Souls itch. Graphics are good enough in a Dreamworks sort of way, music was nice but game sounds were sometimes off spatially -- I'd be fighting a guy and it would sound like he was attacking from behind me. The game is WAY into its own lore and story so, if you hate listening to NPCs talk or reading random documents, you'll be hitting Skip a lot. Not really open world; although the maps are connected, you'll mainly be traveling via teleportation hubs. Played smooth, no notable bugs, etc (i7-13700k, RTX 3080Ti, 32GB DDR5)

(*) I had no idea how old I was supposed to be for the entire game. You look like you're 12 and you're half the height of nearly everyone else in the game. And everyone constantly refers to you as "Child" and makes a big deal over how young you are. However, you wind up with two dudes casually flirting with you and one of them has to be around 20ish (another NPC says that if she were 20 again, she'd be hittin' that). And you supposedly trained with one of the dudes flirting with you, saying you started at the same time. Only after I finished, I saw the devs posted a cosplay guide on Steam which stated that she's 18. It does NOT come through at all in the game. Doesn't really matter since this ain't no Bioware title but it was strange.

The whole first chapter of RDR2 really sucks. It is painfully on rails, dialog heavy, non skippable cutscene garbage.

Get through it as fast as you can and the rest of the game has been amazing. I'm at about 60% through it. I play some on my deck almost every night
Any chance you can share your RDR2 settings for SD? I tried it once and it was just so laggy I had to refund it.

bread's done
Back