Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Speaking of Game Pass, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty comes out this week and it's gonna be free to play on Game Pass.  The demo is up on Steam and Windows Store, and when you complete it you unlock an item (or items) that carry over into the main game.

It's a Team Ninja game and it feels kinda like Nioh, so I've been having fun with it.  Still trying to figure out a few things in regards to the system/mechanics, but the demo's been enjoyable for the most part.  I'll probably play through the game on Game Pass when it launches, then pick up the complete version on Steam after all the DLC has come out and it's at a decent price range.

I should mention that some people (myself included) have had some performance issues with the demo on PC.  One of the suggestions I saw Nvidia users make was going into the Nvidia control panel and manually forcing the framerate to lock at 59/60FPS.  Once I did that the game seemed to run fine for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Add me to the list of folks who bounced off Atomic Heart. I played a few hours on GamePass and for me that was more than enough. It's a weird experience. It felt like half the people on the dev team wanted to make a great game, while the other half was determined to make the game completely insufferable. The latter half won out in the end.

I never heard of Atomic Heart, so I did a gogoles... first thing shows up was "The Ukraine government is calling "for all users worldwide to avoid this game.""  Good enough for me.

Well, I ended up returning that RX 6700 to Best Buy. Card was less stable than my 1060, and frankly I didn't see enough improvement to warrant the system freezes, and inability to stream consistently in Chrome. I'll keep an eye out for a 3060ti, I guess.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition (Next-Gen Remaster) announced for PS5, PC, and XSS/XSX:

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/E2dnCAurJcQ

Sources:

-> https://www.ign.com/articles/the-outer-worlds-spacers-choice-edition-announced-for-ps5-xbox-series-xs-and-pc

Notes:

-> Spacer's Choice Edition (SCE) is a Next-Gen Remaster.

-> Release day is March 7th, 2023 for PS5, PC, and XSS/XSX:

-> On PC: this is going to Steam, Epic, and GOG.

-> SCR includes "higher resolution graphics, a dynamic weather system, overhauled lighting & environments, improved performance & load times, enhanced details on characters, an increased level cap, and much more."

-> Space's Choice Edition is a $10 upgrade for owners of The Outer Worlds (original) digitally.

-> Otherwise, SCE is $59.99 for non-owners of the original game.

If TOW base-game owners get the upgrade for $10, that's cool. Those ones are basically just paying for the new DLC's/Expansion Pass (that they are missing) and the Remaster altogether.

If Complete Edition owners (with all DLC's) have to pay $10, that's crap - b/c they're only paying for the Remaster and ain't gettin' any missing DLC's with this...since they already own all of the DLC's already. Those owners should get a better discount than base-game owners.

I swear some games just get a pass depending how desperate people are for anything decent to play at that time. TOW was a hollow experience for me that eventually got uninstalled. None of the characters were charming and despite having entire planets to visit, was ridiculously claustrophobic in design. The only reason I even finished the first planet was the potential for interesting combat builds. Turns out, even that got boring. By contrast I picked up Skyrim again during the 10th anniversary and put 100 hours into it easily.

Obsidian just doesn't have the same magic as their former masters.

Outer Worlds is a pass for me too since there's no new content. The game started really strong, but once you get off the first world, the budget restraints really start showing. Pavarti and the vicar had good storylines, but the rest were pretty weak. 

If TOW base-game owners get the upgrade for $10, that's cool. Those ones are basically just paying for the new DLC's/Expansion Pass (that they are missing) and the Remaster altogether.

If Complete Edition owners (with all DLC's) have to pay $10, that's crap - b/c they're only paying for the Remaster and ain't gettin' any missing DLC's with this...since they already own all of the DLC's already. Those owners should get a better discount than base-game owners.
As someone who really liked the game and it's DLCs, there's no way I would play it again or buy an upgrade. I know it was Obsidian's goal to pare down the overall scope, but what that did was kill any replay value. If you haven't played the DLCs, it's worth dipping back into it. But if you have played all the DLCs like I have, really the only thing that would get me to play it is a new substantial DLC, otherwise I'll just wait for the sequel.

Any regulars here want a VRV gift card?  I think it's basically the same as Crunchyroll, or you use VRV to upgrade Crunchyroll account. 

I was using VRV for shudder a few years ago, then a couple years ago I bought a gift card for VRV and found out shudder wasn't on there anymore.

I know I didn't redeem it, but no guarantee that it'll work, since it's old.

Reply saying you want it if you're a regular and I'll DM it.

Gone.

Any regulars here want a VRV gift card? I think it's basically the same as Crunchyroll, or you use VRV to upgrade Crunchyroll account.

I was using VRV for shudder a few years ago, then a couple years ago I bought a gift card for VRV and found out shudder wasn't on there anymore.

I know I didn't redeem it, but no guarantee that it'll work, since it's old.

Reply saying you want it if you're a regular and I'll DM it.
I'll take it if it can be used to upgrade Crunchyroll. Thanks!

As someone who really liked the game and it's DLCs, there's no way I would play it again or buy an upgrade. I know it was Obsidian's goal to pare down the overall scope, but what that did was kill any replay value. If you haven't played the DLCs, it's worth dipping back into it. But if you have played all the DLCs like I have, really the only thing that would get me to play it is a new substantial DLC, otherwise I'll just wait for the sequel.
I got pretty burned out on the whole experience going through the base game and DLCs all in one swoop. I don't think I would have had the mental stamina to come back for the DLCs if I didn't buy them before starting the game though.

I didn't want to end up in a Dragon Age Inquisition position where I beat the base game 8 years ago but bought the DLCs later and forgot the story so can't get back into the DLCs.

I didn't want to end up in a Dragon Age Inquisition position where I beat the base game 8 years ago but bought the DLCs later and forgot the story so can't get back into the DLCs.
Man, I feel this.

Heck, sometimes I can't even pick up a game in the middle after I've left it for a while because I can't remember what's going on.

I picked up Deep Rock Galactic on it's 5th year sale.  I'm amused by it.  I can see getting bored with it as well so we'll see if it lasts.  If I make 50-100 hrs it'd be worth it.

I picked up Deep Rock Galactic on it's 5th year sale. I'm amused by it. I can see getting bored with it as well so we'll see if it lasts. If I make 50-100 hrs it'd be worth it.
It's a lot of fun for an indie budget game. Great concept. I pretty much only played single player for got around a hundred or so hours before I set it aside. They routinely update it with 'seasons' and the ability to hunt/grind for cosmetics.

It's a lot of fun for an indie budget game. Great concept. I pretty much only played single player for got around a hundred or so hours before I set it aside. They routinely update it with 'seasons' and the ability to hunt/grind for cosmetics.
Oh I wasn't sure how singleplayer would go. I guess I picked it up in one of the bundles but haven't tried it yet, despite it seeming to be wildly popular. I guess that encourages me to give it a shot solo.

Oh I wasn't sure how singleplayer would go. I guess I picked it up in one of the bundles but haven't tried it yet, despite it seeming to be wildly popular. I guess that encourages me to give it a shot solo.
You get a robot buddy to help you in single player.

You missed out if you only played single player. You've got to rock and stone with others.

You missed out if you only played single player. You've got to rock and stone with others.
Definitely a game that is geared towards a party using the various class abilities but I still enjoyed it solo. The whole spice miner concept thing was really well done.

liquid-pour.gif

d8d970f31ad5dd491d24a2207b9c3d61888af148.gif

One of my favorite SP shooters. I'd love if they did a refresh of the FEAR trilogy akin to the RE games. Shooter/Horror is a genre that doesn't get enough love.

Although somewhat dated now it's still very enjoyable with smooth gameplay.  My only criticism is gets a bit same-y after awhile as there isn't a ton of enemy variety.  Still... for a buck?  Worth it for sure!

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition is out.

For the $10 upgrade - you need to own TOW base-game and BOTH expansions.

Also, looks like Virtous did the port (for Spacer's Choice Edition). They also did the HZD PC port that was a mess...and Sony had to have both Guerilla and Nixxes fix it.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition is out.

For the $10 upgrade - you need to own TOW base-game and BOTH expansions.

Also, looks like Virtous did the port. They also did the HZD port that was a mess...and Sony had to have both Guerilla and Nixxes fix it.
Yikes, those are some bad user reviews on Steam. Hope it gets fixed, would like to eventually try it at a steep discount.

Does it replace the old version? Maybe the old version, 3 years old version as it were will be even cheaper in the future.

Game looks boring as hell tbh. Fallout at least had the charming satire and at-one-point unique retrofuturism, and Elder Scrolls had a huge well of fantasy tropes to pull from. Starfield instead looks like a deeply generic space marine game with decent production values. A hard sci-fi game that has the Expanse vibes would be cool yeah, but this isn’t it. This thing was carefully crafted to appeal to as many people as possible. They should’ve made Elder Scrolls 6 instead.

But Bethesda really isn't great at satire and comedy; it shows in F3 and F4. Bethesda's Fallouts lacks a lot of the humor which made F1,2,NV so great.

That satire & humor - especially the really dark, twisted, and weird humor - is what Black Isle and Old-school Obsidian (when Avellone was there, at both places) really excelled at.

Regardless, I still like ES series, Bethesda's Fallouts (except 76), and whatnot - so I'll eventually give Starfield a shot. 

bread's done
Back