Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The problem has always been with every game that uses a gear system...how to make set items unique enough to warrant acquiring them, but not so overly powerful as to require them. 

More Demos, just in time for the last few hours of the Steam Sale:

Green = Good, Yellow = Mid,  Red = Dead

Soda Crisis: Fun run 'n' gun sidescroller with lots of customization. 
Dandy Dungeon: Certified Weird AF from the creator of Million Onion Hotel and Moon
MISTROGUE: Mist and the Living Dungeons: Mystery dungeon action RPG, I want something else like this!
The Necromancer's Tale: Seems really holding together by the stitches
Flowstone Saga: Turns out a Tetris JRPG just makes me want to play Tetris w/o JRPGs
Moons of Darsalon: 2D action Lemmings
MADNESS: Project Nexus: Based on a classic flash game, but with weird ass controls; feels complicated needlessly
Revival: Reconlonization: post-apoc 4X game with a bad demo
Star Viking Forever: Could be a good game, but I dislike the aesthetic and style
Astrea: Six-Sided Oracles: Gorgeous dice mod RPG roguelike; yes, please!
Santo Island Incident: Weird indie FPS puzzle title
Bloodroots: Lumberjack themed Hotline Miami with some absurdist humor, but sloppy controls
The Last Hero of Nostalgaia: Taking the piss out of Dark Souls, but seems like it'll be good
Summum Aeterna: Symphony of the Knight meets Rogue Legacy, its fun
Wigmund: No.
Warm Snow: Chinese Hades; less chatter, more splatter
Crawlyard: Real time autobattler action RPG with pause using cards?  Blech
A Sister's Journey: Celeste, but with guns
Pedestrian: A "hidden gem" 2D puzzle game that it just too tedious for me
The Vale: Essentially an interactive audio book, its an RPG that is intended for literally blind players
Ogu and the Secret Forest: Adorable Zelda-like
ZeroRanger: I'm starting to come around on some shmups...
Graze Counter: ... and I really like how accessible this shmup is!
Timewreck Tales: I think its a legit humorous character based roguelike with "ATB" style turn-based battles (closer to Grandia?)
Esothe: Great look, weak gameplay
GolfTopia: City build but for a golf course...
Balkadia: Old-School Castlevania but I don't want that
Curse Crackers: Charming retro-style modern title, I enjoyed it
Clarent Saga: Busted
Prodigal: Same as Curse Crackers, modern retro-style platformer; it's fun!
Shape Shifter: Formations: Geometry Wars Roguelike
Elemental Adventure: Just shy of being an interested roguelike, but just too bland
Stone Story RPG: The aesthetics carry this for me, I want to try the whole game (seems like an idle RPG)

The ones I bought (aka best of... w/ links):

Other games I bought (w/ links):

Aside, I had an acquaintance that said they'd never buy a Chinese developed and/or published title, simply because their money would go back to the Chinese state.  I thought briefly about it while trying and picking up a few of the titles during the sale.  Anyone else ever heard of doing that?  Seems a bit weird to flag every game from a country like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually if a game is developed in China or Russia, it’s something I avoid. Plenty of games out there that aren’t made in either country. I have played a few Russian games from Gamefly though. I don’t really care if other people play whatever game from literally any country (or if they played a recent game that gave royalty payments to She Who Shall Not Be Named, apparently history’s greatest monster according to the internet), but for me it’s not that much of a hardship to just not play Russian or Chinese games.

Of course these days Saudi Arabia owns stock in companies like Nintendo & Embracer Group, and it doesn’t get much worse than Saudi Arabia. So it really doesn’t matter- buy or don’t buy what you want for whatever reason you want, and don’t feel bad about it.

Also, thanks for letting me know Flowstone Saga exists- it’s going straight on top of my wishlist. RPG/puzzle game hybrids are one of of my favorite subgenres and we just don’t get enough of them.

Usually if a game is developed in China or Russia, it’s something I avoid. Plenty of games out there that aren’t made in either country.
Stuff like Genshin is obvious, but then what about Riot games (wholly owned by Tencent)? Epic Games (40% stake). FromSoft (16.25% stake)?

Stuff like Genshin is obvious, but then what about Riot games (wholly owned by Tencent)? Epic Games (40% stake). FromSoft (16.25% stake)?
I had to look up Riot games tbh but I see I don’t play anything from them. Don’t play FromSoftware games as I hate soulsborne stuff, but I didn’t even realize they were partially Chinese-owned which is a damn shame. As for Epic I guess used to play Fall Guys a lot before Epic bought them out, but I never bought anything after they went ftp. It’s moot now though as they completely ruined Fall Guys and I haven’t played it in months.

It’s kind of easy for me tbh as I basically only play Nintendo games, indies and maybe a few things from Japanese devs and publishers like Square Enix, Atlus/Sega and Capcom here and there. I don’t really buy many games anymore unless they’re indies or pc exclusives that may never get a physical copy that I could eventually rent from gamefly, or if it’s something like mario kart or smash that I would likely play regularly for years. Or if it’s insanely discounted. But something like Atomic Heart for example- I would’ve gladly bought that on sale or something as the Cold War retrofuturist vibe is just so appealing to me, but meh it’s not on my steam wish list and never will be. No great loss.

About BC1+2 and BF1943 for the MP - how about EA hands the tools to the Community and lets them host the MP portions of the games? You know, like the old days for TP/ICP/LAN support? [shrug]
Bad Company was only a PS3/360 release so theirs not much the community can do.

It's a shame I would argue it was one of the best 3rd party games of that era that never made it to PC. Such funny campaign. (And still the battlefield game I spent the most time playing in MP.

NewEgg.

The Outer Worlds: Non Mandatory Corporate Sponsored Edition (2019) -> Steam = $20.99

This includes the original version of TOW with:

- TOW base-game

- TOW: Expansion Pass (with Murder DLC and Peril DLC)

- and the OST.

Extra Notes:

- This is not the new "Remastered" Spacer's Choice of a mess (next-gen edition) version commissioned by Private Division.

- That upgrade is for a limited-time $10 most places to upgrade for those that own TOW base & expansion all together and is the only way to upgrade cheaply.

Some decent prices on Greenmangaming w XP offer for Square Enix games such as Triangle Strategy, Legend of Mana, and NEO The World Ends With You (60% off each). DQ11 definitive and DQ Builders 2 haven't been discounted that much yet, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Only thing I bought from this sale is the Batman Arkham Collection. Haven't played any of them since they first released and I'm impressed by how well they still hold up. 

I had to look up Riot games tbh but I see I don’t play anything from them. Don’t play FromSoftware games as I hate soulsborne stuff, but I didn’t even realize they were partially Chinese-owned which is a damn shame. As for Epic I guess used to play Fall Guys a lot before Epic bought them out, but I never bought anything after they went ftp. It’s moot now though as they completely ruined Fall Guys and I haven’t played it in months.

It’s kind of easy for me tbh as I basically only play Nintendo games, indies and maybe a few things from Japanese devs and publishers like Square Enix, Atlus/Sega and Capcom here and there. I don’t really buy many games anymore unless they’re indies or pc exclusives that may never get a physical copy that I could eventually rent from gamefly, or if it’s something like mario kart or smash that I would likely play regularly for years. Or if it’s insanely discounted. But something like Atomic Heart for example- I would’ve gladly bought that on sale or something as the Cold War retrofuturist vibe is just so appealing to me, but meh it’s not on my steam wish list and never will be. No great loss.
Square announced an “alliance” with Tencent back in 2018 (whatever that means). Tencent also has purchased shares in other Japanese companies like Platinum. Don’t think they’re not getting your money even if you’re mostly playing Japanese games.

Square announced an “alliance” with Tencent back in 2018 (whatever that means). Tencent also has purchased shares in other Japanese companies like Platinum. Don’t think they’re not getting your money even if you’re mostly playing Japanese games.
Good thing I only play their games through Gamefly since they never get discounted enough 😎

I've been playing demos of all the bullet heaven games I can find and a few have been good but Halls of Torment Prelude is my favorite out of the recent ones by a lot.  It is basically the baby of Diablo 1 (very obvious inspiration) and Vampire Survivors.  Play the demo for a bit and you will unlock the archer which at least right now is way better than the warrior/melee guy.  

holy shit these disconnects in the d4 beta are driving me crazy. like i get that it's popular and everyone is trying to play now, but fuck me for trying to play for fifteen minutes. get your shit together blizzard, my blind fanboyism can only go so far.

holy shit these disconnects in the d4 beta are driving me crazy. like i get that it's popular and everyone is trying to play now, but fuck me for trying to play for fifteen minutes. get your shit together blizzard, my blind fanboyism can only go so far.
Been playin all day since I got off work, haven't been disconnected

Only feels glitchy and some rubber banding

Just want to Note

Diablo 4 plays amazing on the Steam deck.  Get close to 60 FPS with a few stutters Medium Preset with a few of the settings turned to low that you cant even notice cause the screen is smaller.

Dont install HQ Textures to save 40 GB of space. You will get an error when you boot up the game but you can just click Ok to bypass it. If you want steps to Install or my settings just DM me and Ill answer anything I can.

Nothing can save us CAG's. We're way beyond the point of no return here already.
I have actually stopped buying as many games just because they are on sale or in a bundle. I should probably go through my backlog and double check that every item is in the list I made. As I have 3 digital copies of figment somehow.... and I only know the one is recent from steam or gog but no idea where the first one came from.

But in my defense my backlog is primarily made up or rpgs and those tend to take 30-65 hours per. Longer in cases like trails, underwater ray romano and Persona.

Buy I'm nowhere near you all at around 200 or so games compare to 1k+ some of yours are at.

I have actually stopped buying as many games just because they are on sale or in a bundle. I should probably go through my backlog and double check that every item is in the list I made. As I have 3 digital copies of figment somehow.... and I only know the one is recent from steam or gog but no idea where the first one came from.

But in my defense my backlog is primarily made up or rpgs and those tend to take 30-65 hours per. Longer in cases like trails, underwater ray romano and Persona.

Buy I'm nowhere near you all at around 200 or so games compare to 1k+ some of yours are at.
Over 3000+ on Steam alone.

If I checked every PC service, I think I'm probably around 4000-5000.

That's on PC alone; doesn't include whatever I've got from console gaming (Atari 7800, NES, Game Gear, Genesis, PSX, Playstation Classic).

EDIT - Also forgot, also doesn't include whatever I've got from PC on retail discs too. Got bookshelves of that stuff.

I think Jedi Fallen Order was bundled and/or given away for free before, but it's only $3.99 on Steam. A steal if you somehow don't already have it

EA has patched the previous method to modify your Origin files to stop it from prompting you to update to EA App.

You can either download an older version and do further mods or just update. 

I don't have the patience to deal with getting old .exe files from unknown sites, so I'll just update, but there's a reddit post about the subject for folks against getting the new EA App.

Aside, I have over 1800+ titles now, but many are bundle stuffs or repeats, liked free HD remasters of stuff I already bought.  I hide about 330~ titles from my account and routinely prune a few titles I just feel like not having by permanently removing them.

Some games I've bought because I played the demo for dozens of hours and already got my money's worth from that and just want to give money to the devs.  Probably the weird one out in doing that, but $3 and a positive review to an indie might help them more than any AAA game getting some additional commentary or sales.

Helps that my Steam account is turning 17 this year...

I own Fallen Order on PS4/5. Should I play it on PS5 for next gen experience or is the Steam Deck docked to the TV good enough? I am trying to wean off consoles and use my Deck more given the better preservation of save games on steam vs consoles.

Some impressions some recent sale games played and also a random game from my backlog.

Boneraiser Minions is a pretty neat take on the Vampire Survivors genre. 5 hours played. I would actually compare it to Brotato instead as there are different waves of enemies. In this one you play as a summoner who mainly dodges and cast spells while minions kill your enemies. You need bones from fallen enemies to summon more guys. I like this one a decent amount although some things can be prepared. First of all other than basic minion there are bro minions that are strong but also can be very situational. The number of these you can have is modified by your graveyard layout and some artifacts. You build up your graveyard to have stuff that makes stuff like health and also make your minions stronger. This makes gold vanish quickly as every level starts with nothing. It's a lot of grind as gold unlocks graveyard building stuff, your own hero unlocks and also enemy wave unlocks, which give better exp/gold and sometimes more treasures. In battles you can unlock spells which are one time use and do a lot of different things. Sometimes you get a little trophy on the stage which unlocks artifacts for permanent buffs for the run. It all comes together well enough and controls well enough to have a good time. The difficulty for later waves is ridiculous though with super beefy enemies who take a lot to take down. Also the evolutions for your summons isn't like super straightforward, where you can trade in 2 or more minions to create 1 better minion, can give one minon a level up with new powers, or get new minions. I just don't always know where my evolutions will go. I haven't beaten a stage fully yet although I've unlocked all the graveyard items. It's good, but the balance isn't all there yet for me. It is fully released at least. 7.5/10

Rogue: Genesia. 5 hours played. One word to explain it all is repetitive. This one is a Vampire Survivors like game with a Slay the Spire path to get the end with bosses. HP sponges is the name of the game. Every level is the same. A bunch of guys come at you usually very quickly and you take them out with whatever weapons you have. Mass DPS is the name of the game, as later levels are more and more defeat X number of enemies to complete the level. It all blends together and kind of bores me after a short while. There are weapons that fire off automatically with some requiring aim with the right stick of the controller or the mouse pointing towards it. I like the graphics reminding me of a less good Octopath Travelers so 2D HD. You can take on challenges that don't change the boring gameplay, but make it more challenging and you get achievements/unlock categories. I think the major flaw is the unchanging gameplay and very long boards for the levels. Slay the Spire worked because the levels weren't crazy long and the battles were quick. In this game there just aren't event squares yet really other than choose to fight for some people. It just doesn't have any variety and the enemy variety is extremely low in the levels. I just don't think this one has enough meat and is just a game to play almost mindlessly unless you're doing a tough challenge. It's very playable, but there are better ones. 6/10

Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos. 1 hour played. This one is Legend of Zelda Link to the Past like, but without any of the soul. It is meant for co-op and poorly balanced for single player, so I'm not playing it anymore. This one has nice graphics, barely any story other than you woke up and can fight and rebuild a village. It is a rogue-lite so you die and upgrade stats/build buildings/etc.... It controls OK, but enemies do way too much damage so you will be playing the fist dungeon a lot until you get more upgrades, or have other people also tanking some damage. Also there is a beastiary system where you need to kill an enemy with a book to start researching them although it uses a lot of stamina and does very little damage. Also having a stamina system in a Zelda like is horrible. It makes sense for something like Tunic, which has some souls like stuff, but not in a puzzle/adventure game like this one. I didn't like this, and am glad I got it in a cheap bundle. I'm done with it and would only recommend it if you have a co-op partner/s. 5.5/10

I have gotten a bit pickier about bundles.
Indiegala has entirely fallen off my radar, and with how re-run happy they were recently, I'm ok with letting Fanatical bundles slide by if there's not more than 1 or 2 games that stand out to me.

Humble bundles are so hit and miss because for every bundle like the Heroine's bundle, there's like 3-4 that might be good if you haven't been buying games on Steam for years, but otherwise are just really meh.

Really, I'm happier to use bundles and Gamepass to keep me from buying most any releases on consoles... it's really to a point where PS4 or Switch purchases are limited to exclusives, and since I have my backlog to keep my company, I can even wait for most of those to at least hit a sale, even if it's a mediocre one.

Otherwise, I really don't buy much in the way of new games unless I want to play them along with friends or because it's a game that lives and dies based on playerbase numbers so the extra the game costs you is really just the fee for having a lively playerbase.

Thankfully, it's all made gaming as a hobby pretty budget friendly unless you need new hardware.

I mentioned about the balance of Boneraiser Minions and now have beat it a few times in about an hour and a half. The grind for coins is still real for everything, but the balance is put more in check with way stronger evolutions and 
Area of effect minions like magic ones or the Burning Bros.
. The repetitiveness is already getting here for this game although there is a lot to unlock. Other character classes change up the playstyle a bit, but I don't see them as very exciting. I just unlock that stuff really quick for them, and I generally pay little of their changes. Some are more obvious like the mage getting more spells and less life, but other than that it's just ok for the differences. A good game for the price, but like most Vampire Survivor likes, it gets super repetitive and isn't amazing. What's here is very high quality and worth it's price or bundled for sure. 7.5/10 still stands as it's a pretty good game.

Diablo IV Open Beta: Did the World Boss and finished off making it to level 25. Died way too many times on the boss mostly because I wasn't sure what to do with this one whirling attack that killed me every time it hit...  I think I should have been at its feet and not at middle range.  I was also only level 23, which certainly didn't help. Even with my failures we killed it with plenty of time left.  I guess its cool...  Honestly, the whole open shared world just doesn't feel like Diablo but its not a deal breaker.  Not at all.  I wish the release wasn't so far off.

That said, technically they need the time to get the game working right.  I also hope they after another skill shot so the Ultimate skill can be slotted.  As is its not worth giving up an ability for. I still haven't finished the Diablo 2 Remaster so maybe I'll do that.

So I'mma just leave this here:

My MysterD review... except shorter...

Being a Dik is an incredibly good VN that I picked up on the Steam sale that genuinely had me in the emotional feels a few times.  It shouldn't have because I kinda typed it as a Hunie Pop sorta game but I'll be darned...  Yea there are grown-up renders but there's some interesting dialog in there and quite a few laughs.

EA has patched the previous method to modify your Origin files to stop it from prompting you to update to EA App.

You can either download an older version and do further mods or just update.

I don't have the patience to deal with getting old .exe files from unknown sites, so I'll just update, but there's a reddit post about the subject for folks against getting the new EA App.

Aside, I have over 1800+ titles now, but many are bundle stuffs or repeats, liked free HD remasters of stuff I already bought. I hide about 330~ titles from my account and routinely prune a few titles I just feel like not having by permanently removing them.

Some games I've bought because I played the demo for dozens of hours and already got my money's worth from that and just want to give money to the devs. Probably the weird one out in doing that, but $3 and a positive review to an indie might help them more than any AAA game getting some additional commentary or sales.

Helps that my Steam account is turning 17 this year...
Okay, I'll bite here.

So, is it possible now to have BOTH Origin and EA App installed together somehow?

Exactly why I'm not fond of this required-launcher as DRM stuff.

That's bullcrap for those who ain't got the $ to upgrade, buy a new system, save $, or anything of that sort - especially on older titles that actually should work on those OS's.

Or if you just want to flat-out run that stuff on older systems.

That makes DRM-protected Steamworks games a rental for them, unless dev's and pub's publishing stuff there and/or Steam lets all of those old games that worked on W7, W8.1 and older go DRM-FREE.

Hopefully, someone comes up w/ a Steam-emulator for those still stuck on W7 and older so they can runs those games they bought rented that these dev's and pub's still protect with Steamworks' DRM.

MS has been playing nice with Valve lately, so maybe MS asked them for a solid 🤷🏻‍♂️ or maybe it means game pass will be coming to Steam soon (afaik it only works on Windows 10 and up without unofficial workarounds)

MS has been playing nice with Valve lately, so maybe MS asked them for a solid ‍♂ or maybe it means game pass will be coming to Steam soon (afaik it only works on Windows 10 and up without unofficial workarounds)
Maybe MS is making a move to buy out Valve!

Let the rumors begin! Spread like wildfire! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

bread's done
Back