Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
To me, if I'm gonna do 4K - well, I'd need & want a RTX 4090 and want to max that out with RT/PT on...or get close to max. So, you know what? I ain't dropping $1600 on a 4090 and I ain't buying a pricey as heck monitor either. Skip that; 1080p's fine at max for now.
This is definitely where we differ. You see I got my first new PC in nearly 15 years just a few months back. And it sat... for a little bit. To date I haven't truly gamed on it besides some classics from my steam library.

I'm the type of 'one and done' person. I want to experience a game in the absolute best way possible to first time. I'm not about to spend 50 hours playing a game on low or medium settings, to then get a GPU down the road that can play it on 4K 120hz ultra high. Which is why I just ordered a 4090 founders last week. Now when I get it I can finally PC game!

Consoles are definitely much simpler with the set it and forget it way.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is definitely where we differ. You see I got my first new PC in nearly 15 years just a few months back. And it sat... for a little bit. To date I haven't truly gamed on it besides some classics from my steam library.

I'm the type of 'one and done' person. I want to experience a game in the absolute best way possible to first time. I'm not about to spend 50 hours playing a game on low or medium settings, to then get a GPU down the road that can play it on 4K 120hz ultra high. Which is why I just ordered a 4090 founders last week. Now when I get it I can finally PC game!

Consoles are definitely much simpler with the set it and forget it way.
But I doubt consoles even can do RT properly like we can on PC. PS5/XSX Consoles often aim for above-1080p resolution to 4K - so, good luck w/ that with RT, as those resolutions makes more sense on big HDTV's at 50''+.

Far Cry 6 on consoles don't even have the option to throw on RT (Ray-Tracing) or not, unlike the PC. They (UbiSoft) know the AMD custom-GPU in there - which is more or less, of the RTX 2060-2080 caliber - ain't that hot for RT stuff. AMD ain't on NVidia's level on this stuff, especially when the PS5 came out; NVidia was way ahead of them by one generation at least. And even more so now, especially now when something like the monstrous 24gb RTX 4090 exists.

On the PC - if I buy FC6, I can mess w/ RT; the option's there. I can mess around w/ settings and get it to where I want it, if I want to mess around to try to optimize it.

I doubt CP 2077 supports say Path-Tracing on console too; it probably would murder performance on that AMD GPU. It's here on PC now; it's on me, if I want to throw it on and try to see if I can optimize it myself. Yeah, I can do it on my RTX 3070 - but I'm gonna have to do 1080p and throw on DLSS at Balanced too to get it running worth a damn to me.

Problem to me w/ any top card like the 4090 - yeah, you got the top dog card then, but...how long until the 5090 comes out at that's the $1600-2000 beast to buy? Also, you're gonna need to throw more $ at a great monitor, CPU, PSU, RAM and other stuff - just to do this right. That's gonna be a lot of money; and you're spending a premium to be in that world.

About Medium settings for me - since I'm sticking at 1080p here, I'm guessing the only game I could probably right now run into trouble and be stuck at those settings would be TLOU P1 on my RTX 3070. Of course w/ the way stuff's going now, I wonder if I'd be in a similar boat w/ stuff like SH2 Remake and Jedi Survivor, since those require 8gb VRAM GPU's.

Anyone ever use playerauctions.com to sell a steam account before?
photo-29209.gif

Finally upgraded my PC, after originally planning to when the RTX 30 series came out. I'm finally able to run modern games again on a 4070. I actually bought a 4070 Ti open box before the 4070 was announced, and returned it because it didn't have the power cable, so I didn't even get to try it.

Still waiting on some case fans though.

BOY AM I GLAD I DIDN"T FALL FOR THE HISTORICAL LOW PRICE A WEEK AGO. LOL

EDIT:

Saw this on steamgifts, ""If you claimed Desktop Dungeons for free, you will not get Desktop Dungeon: Rewind for free, Valve got back to us.*". Update in steam discussion"

EDIT:

Saw this on steamgifts, ""If you claimed Desktop Dungeons for free, you will not get Desktop Dungeon: Rewind for free, Valve got back to us.*". Update in steam discussion"
I'm glad I bought it last week for $3.75 then. Two backlog titles for the price of one.

EDIT:

I paid $2.46 for it (from a bundle split?) back in 2016. But yeah that's a major fuck up by the dev. They be trying to do too much

Elessar - I'm curious, what GPU were you using before the 12gb 4070?
1660 Super, but it's my CPU that's extra dated (3570K). Basically got the 1660 Super cause it was cheap ($200) to waited for 30- series and Intel Meltdown issues to be all resolved, and COVID hit.

Which is fine... til basically this year, when I couldn't even start Marvel's Midnight Suns to try. Been itching to upgrade or like 3 years now though.

Wow @ 3570K. You got a lot out of that! Still using that? Or do you have a new CPU (and mobo) that'll go w/ the 4070?

Wow @ 3570K. You got a lot out of that! Still using that? Or do you have a new CPU (and mobo) that'll go w/ the 4070?
No, I got a i5-13500 with 32 GB DDR5. The 3570K was still fine, tbh, but it was definitely not able to use anything more than the 1660 Super.

I considered a 13600K, but I would have undervolted it anyway and felt like a waste.

No, I got a i5-13500 with 32 GB DDR5. The 3570K was still fine, tbh, but it was definitely not able to use anything more than the 1660 Super.

I considered a 13600K, but I would have undervolted it anyway and felt like a waste.
Very nice @ i5-13500, 32GB RAM, and 4070. That's gonna be a beast & you're so going to be prepared for these newer demanding titles. Game on!

Intel's low to mid end models are all over the place these days. I view the 13500 as the best option unless you have to overclock it for max performance. The 13400 is on average $20 cheaper than the 13500 and probably the worst value cpu out there.

Intel's low to mid end models are all over the place these days. I view the 13500 as the best option unless you have to overclock it for max performance. The 13400 is on average $20 cheaper than the 13500 and probably the worst value cpu out there.
Agreed. The 13400 is in such a weird spot. Not cheap enough but you give up a ton. Even the 13500 should have been Raptor Lake instead of sort of an in-between (Raptor Lake number of cores, Alder Lake amount of cache). But I usually try to minimize heat. My den is warm enough as it is.

I figured if a compatible 14-gen came out, I'd feel better about upgrading. But at the same time, I shouldn't need to.

I don't feel so bad having a 6700k...  Plan to upgrade next year, nothing I want to play is so demanding that it makes me want to do it now.

I don't feel so bad having a 6700k... Plan to upgrade next year, nothing I want to play is so demanding that it makes me want to do it now.
Same here. Between my Steam Deck and console stuff, I've been able to hold off on upgrades for a while but I think next year I might finally bite the bullet.

Same here. Between my Steam Deck and console stuff, I've been able to hold off on upgrades for a while but I think next year I might finally bite the bullet.
I'm dumping money on house stuffs, so being responsible is the name of the game this year.

With how long games have been PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Series generational, older CPU with powerful GPU has held up way longer than it should.

Cool... I apparently owned the original...

I was going to put the shrug smiley here, but I guess it isn't one that was built into the forum... and it's impossible to find old school, properly sized smiley emoji for forums anymore.

shrug-emoji.gif

Are the G2A random key bundles worth doing, and if so which one’s are y’all buying?

Immortals of Aveum.

More 8GB VRAM-required games incoming: Immortals of Aveum.

This one can join Silent Hill 2: Remake and Jedi Survivor for the 8gb VRAM GPU minimum club...

...And you might even want to argue TLOU P1 PC version should be 8gb VRAM required, too given how poor it runs on anything below that for a GPU no matter what they list for bare min's.

Immortals of Aveum can be added to this list, which is a first-person magic-shooter (think COD type of FPS action, but w/ magic and spells instead for shooting).

[System Requirements & Trailer within Spoiler Section below]

njqros2mv8va1.jpg

https://youtu.be/mNP3ztvNBFI

Consortium: Remastered will replace Consortium 2014.

Consortium (Original version) has been delisted on Steam...to make room for Consortium Remastered:

-> https://www.pcgamer.com/immersive-sim-consortium-delisted-to-make-way-for-a-remaster-free-to-owners-of-the-original/

Notes:

-> Consortium 2014 version has been delisted on Steam.

-> Consortium: Remastered will be replacing it on Steam.

-> Consortium: Remastered is FREE to owners of the original version of Consortium.

-> Go into Beta section of Consortium 2014 & use password: "4Owners0fCons0rtium0nly" to get access to Consortium: Remastered which is now in Beta.

Consortium (Original version) has been delisted on Steam...to make room for Consortium Remastered:
-> https://www.pcgamer.com/immersive-sim-consortium-delisted-to-make-way-for-a-remaster-free-to-owners-of-the-original/

Notes:
-> Consortium: Remastered is FREE to owners of the original version of Consortium.
-> Go into Beta section of Consortium 2014 & use password: "4Owners0fCons0rtium0nly" to get access to Consortium: Remastered which is now in Beta.
Glad I never got around to playing the original after buying it lol

-> https://www.pcgamer.com/immersive-sim-consortium-delisted-to-make-way-for-a-remaster-free-to-owners-of-the-original/

Notes:

Odd. I added the password, but I don't see that Consortium Remastered is on my account. Or do I need to install 2014 in order to get the beta for Remastered to trigger?

Odd. I added the password, but I don't see that Consortium Remastered is on my account. Or do I need to install 2014 in order to get the beta for Remastered to trigger?
I haven't tried it. Maybe you need to DL it first, like you asked? [shrug]

Also, I'll join the club of those w/ Consortium 2014 has been backlogged forever over here.

EDIT - Does The Remaster show up in the Beta Branch, after you use the key?

I haven't tried it. Maybe you need to DL it first, like you asked? [shrug]

Also, I'll join the club of those w/ Consortium 2014 has been backlogged forever over here.

EDIT - Does The Remaster show up in the Beta Branch, after you use the key?
It looks like it - Shows !cr! - CR BETA

It's Demo Dump™ Day; wrapping up demo's I've played over the past few events.

Remember, Green means good; Yellow means not for me, and Red means bad.

He Who Watches: Great puzzle game that makes you think outside FPS traditions
Final Factory:  Indie(r) factorio, but in space
PhaigeX: Hyperspace Survivors:  This is a fun shmup; you know the rest based on the name
Captain Contraption's Chocolate Factory:  The incredible machine, its solid
Away to the Stars:  Away to the ... recycle bin?
Iron World:  Rusted
Bot Net: Ramshackle Robots: Fun, but likely abandoned
Towers Deck:  Card-based tower defense, kinda like Isle of Arrows
Empires Shall Fall:  Advanced Wars, very fun
Osteoblasts: not my thing, no bones about it
Terminal Breach:  Terminally Bad
Guild of Darksteel:  Neat metroidvania style game, but seems like it might fall short
Skellies Ain't Scary:  But they are inscrutible (bad artstyle)
Howl:  Fun puzzle game that uses turn based problem solving
The Perfect Pencil:  Weird AF metroidvania, I love it
Splasher:  Damp
Those Who Rule:  Fire Emblem, very fun
PolyCore Defense: Solid tower defense game
Boulette Hell:  Its playable and fun, but I don't think there's much there
Arcana of Paradise - The Tower -: Weird card game with some survival aspect
Shred & Tear:  Tits bad
IllWill: Boomer shooter that feels half baked
Undead Under Night Rain:  Tower defense featuring metal and zombies; its low rent
Dead Unending:  More like Dead Unstarting
The Dawning Clocks of Time:  No
New Cycle:  Its a colony builder, yep
Monster Breeder:  This looks like hot ass, but mechanically I think its got it... high hopes
Heroes of Loot: Guantlet of Power:  Isometric roguelike that misses the mark, IMO
Lands of Crown:  Lands of Frown
Rerun:  This should be my jam, but its just not there...
Rift Breach: Dungeon crawler that might turn out okay
Beyond Sunset:  Boomer shooter ARPG that really hits the mark
Forgotten Mines:  Forgotten for a reason
Demise Sanctuary:  No quarter
Abandoned Archive:  Abandoned for a reason
Helmscape:  Roguelike VS clone that just really is jank; misses hard
Sol Cresta:  Shmup in which I don't understand the gimmick all that well
Return:  I might ... return... if they fix how stingy health and ammo is...
Kriegsfront Tactics:  I'm really impressed; super crunchy mech tactics wtih damage effects
Volcano Princess:  Daughter simulator... was really fun, but worried it goes creepy
Monomyth: First person dungeon crawler that I had a great fun!
Ecosystem:  Build a seascape; chill, but not for me
Golden Eyed Ghosts:  Completely forgettable; zelda souls-like
Renaine:  In the vein of Shovel Knight, this is going to be a great one!
Shoot to Kill:  Bad boomer shooter
Moonlight Pulse: Metroidvania meets Trine (multiple characters)
Castle of Alchemists:  2D Orcs Must Die, its great
Ragtag Crew:  Hard AF character-based, card-based post-apoc roguelike
Alterium Shift:  Indie 2D-HD style JRPG.  I really liked it!
Trinity Fusion:  Another Metroidvania meets Trine, but I didn't like this one
Doomblade: Metroidvania I didn't care for, but not bad

Top Five with links:
PhaigeX: Hyperspace Survivors:  I wanted to play one more round, good sign.
Empires Shall Fall:  I played the whole demo and enjoyed it a lot
The Monster Breeder:  The dev needs to work on the terribad art... but the gameplay is deep and really interests me to play more!

Volcano Princess:  I did not think I'd like this, but I ended up playing the whole demo;  it seems it doesn't go into creeper territory based on reviews, so likely one I will get in the future! 

Renaine:  I think its could be the next Shovel Knight, which is a high blessing

This was a hard top five.  I normally want to give it to the demos I beat or most played, but that's unfair to shorter demos.  Just a lot of strong titles.

And since it's my lists, one more, as it's just so effin' weird that you should try it:

The Perfect Pencil:  I still don't get what the game is about, but the mechanics, artstyle, and vibe are just so surreal and enticing.  I highly recommend you try it out.  I wonder if it will be a sleeper hit?  There's a bug in the demo where your character is invisible at the very start; just keep walking right and the game fixes it. Only reason why I didn't put it in Top Five, since someone could easily just turn it off for that reason alone...

EDIT:  Also, this happened.  AMA.

NcD6s16.jpg

Looks like Capcom is doing a Golden Week promotion on Steam right now:

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/capcom/sale/goldenweek

One thing to note is they've added a few new bundles that are "complete your set" style bundles:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/31571/2023_GOLDEN_WEEK_FIGHTING_PACK/

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/31572/2023_GOLDEN_WEEK_PACK/
That Golden Week pack would be ok if you've got wallet to spend.. if it didn't include MH Rise. Really pointless to buy the base game without Sunbreak. But even then it just puts Ace Attorney and Onimusha near gray market prices, so not a great deal. Wish the discount was a little bit more

That Golden Week pack would be ok if you've got wallet to spend.. if it didn't include MH Rise. Really pointless to buy the base game without Sunbreak. But even then it just puts Ace Attorney and Onimusha near gray market prices, so not a great deal. Wish the discount was a little bit more
Yeah, that one is only so-so. The pack I care more about is the fighting game bundle. I'm only missing one game from that bundle (Capcom Fighting Collection), which means it'll only cost me $15.79 to complete it and I don't think it's been that low before.

I just got an email from Fanatical advertising for Warframe. Like literally just an advertisement, you can't purchase (as it's F2P) or download Warframe through Fanatical. The link takes you to a Fanatical store page for it, but that page only has a link to Warframe.com.

That's... that's weird, right? I can only assume they're is paying Fanatical for the publicity, but... that feels like a weird advertising vector? Or is this kinda thing always going on and I just haven't noticed? Like if they had banner ads on Wikia or were advertising through a larger platform with more social aspects, okay, but a fairly obscure digital storefront just seems like an odd choice to sponsor an email advertising campaign through. Or maybe it's not and I just don't get it, that's fine, too.

I see Sega has their Sega Golden Week Sale on Steam.

I have Yakuza 0, 1, 2, 3 already by the way - so discounts probably stack here owning all of that.

So, it looks like it's 75% off at $15 on the Yakuza Collection: Complete-A-Bundle (CAB) for me to end up w/ the rest of the Yakuza Collection, which would net me Yakuza 4,5,6.

YMMV for discounts on this CAB with what you own already - most I've collected already from Humbles, (Y0,1,2,3), IIRC.

Of course, Like A Dragon: Ishin! and Yakuza: Like A Dragon (JRPG) ain't in the above said bundle.

I see Sega has their Sega Golden Week Sale on Steam.

I have Yakuza 0, 1, 2, 3 already by the way - so discounts probably stack here owning all of that.

So, it looks like it's 75% off at $15 on the Yakuza Collection: Complete-A-Bundle (CAB) for me to end up w/ the rest of the Yakuza Collection, which would net me Yakuza 4,5,6.

YMMV for discounts on this CAB with what you own already - most I've collected already from Humbles, (Y0,1,2,3), IIRC.

Of course, Like A Dragon: Ishin! and Yakuza: Like A Dragon (JRPG) ain't in the above said bundle.
Might be the time to pick up 4 to 6, but knowing my luck, they'll show up in choice after purchasing.

bread's done
Back