Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Coupon code "LEGEND23" can currently not be added to your cart.

Well that kinda sucks, as the FC6 GOTY upgrade pass was a pretty darn good deal
Interesting. Worked for me on the webpage. not the client.

EDIT - Saw the Edit. Glad it worked! :)

EDIT 2 - Everyone and their cousin probably saw the deal on Slickdeals and Reddit r/Gamedeals & went to town. If only Epic would bring back the $10-off coupons...

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate how Ubisoft games have 4000 editions and you need to investigate what is in each one if you want to get all the expansions without junk dlc at the lowest price.

Last edited:
For FC6 base-game owners: there's a FC6: GOTY Upgrade Pack for $24 (on sale & the price's before the coupon) actually, which has all of the DLC's (Vaas DLC1, Pagan DLC2, and Seed DLC3) and Lost Between Worlds expansion.

Looks like you can use the coupon multiple times, since I've used it once already (buying FC6 Deluxe)...and this will knock the GOTY Upgrade Pass down to $14 (before tax).

GOTY Upgrade Pass would be $14.88 for me after tax.
Any idea if someone who buys the steam edition base game can use this to upgrade? Or if I should bother given so many negative reviews on this one?

I hate how Ubisoft games have 4000 editions, and you need to investigate what is in each one if you want to get all the expansions without junk dlc at the lowest price.
I just wait until a few years later when the complete edition is dirt cheap. I won't play this shit anyway so I won't settle for a non complete edition

No clue, as I don't have a Deck.

I remember they (Ubi) broke UbiSoft Connect on the Deck a few months back, but who knows if they or Proton fixed it since they are now putting games back on Steam again. [shrug]

Anyone have any idea if UPlay by itself is working again on the Steam Deck?
Well sorta, but then UBI made an update a month or two and broke their crap all over again. So my gut would tell me no (as they are slow to fix that kind of issue usually). The Asus Deck being Windows does have it's appeals for this reason.

I just wait until a few years later when the complete edition is dirt cheap. I won't play this shit anyway so I won't settle for a non complete edition
A sub $20 deal on complete editions is what I've always waited on.

A physical copy of their games is like pennies on consoles but it takes years for a digital copy to get reasonably priced.

I hate how Ubisoft games have 4000 editions and you need to investigate what is in each one if you want to get all the expansions without junk dlc at the lowest price.
Par for the course these days on any of them but yeah Ubi is one of the worst. Anno 1800 is a classic example of it. It is a game in of itself when comparing prices on 3rd party sites like Humble. Base game, year 4 edtion, complete edition. Season passes 1-4. Oh, joy.

Edit: Just checked, if you have Humble discount, 1800 is cheaper there still.

I can help!

All the actual worthwhile content is in the most ridiculously expensive edition. The cheaper bundles have the cosmetic junk and cheats. You'll get all that other crap with your extra-super version too.

Diablo IV is running a stress test this weekend. It started earlier today. It's basically the same thing as the open beta.
Thanks for posting this!! I played a bit last night. I know I want it, but I just don't know if I want to a) Wait for a Sale b) buy the regular edition since I just played D2 and D3 by myself or c) Buy the superdy duper deluxe edition.

I just don’t buy Ubisoft games. I don’t even remember when the last time they made anything interesting even was. AC2, maybe?
Me too. I tend to avoid them like I do Paradox. There's simply too many DLCs that'll be drip fed over the next 3-5 years. And I honestly don't play games that long. I MIGHT play a game 2-3 months (max) before I move on. The odds of me coming back (especially if I beat a game) is minimal. So I don't buy "deluxe" or bonus' anymore if it is a new purchase. It won't last long enough.

Except Hogwarts, I thought that'd be a long term play game... it wasn't. It made it a week and a half.

Thanks for posting this!! I played a bit last night. I know I want it, but I just don't know if I want to a) Wait for a Sale b) buy the regular edition since I just played D2 and D3 by myself or c) Buy the superdy duper deluxe edition.
I'll probably play it mostly alone too... That's pretty much my normal for Diablo. Hell, I probably played co-op the most in the original via a LAN while stuck out in the middle of the ocean.

The truth is if your not going to get to it when it releases you might as well wait for a sale. Which I suspect will be on or around Black Friday. (If its not going well it could be a bigger discount but I suspect it will be a smaller sized discount.)

I think UbiSoft still puts out solid titles - the problem often is they put out so much of these titles across almost all of their franchises and they all run & bleed together; and they really ain't advancing the open-world genre...so you run into open-world game fatigue. They are going too big in size with not enough meaningful stuff & unique stuff...and not enough density in their super-sized game-worlds.

I think more open-world games need to follow the Yakuza 0 formula, GTA3, and/or GTA4 formula - smaller open-world with tons to do and running into quests by barely moving; and very unique type of quests. 

I started Far Cry 6 - and as usual, the villain (Giancarlo!) and opening stuff's awesome. Great opening in the first hour. I'm waiting for it to run into open-world formula and repetitive-ness, like most of their open-world games do and also even HZD & Mafia 3 does...once stuff opens up. Game at least runs and looks great at 1080p maxed-out with RT and FSR On on my RTX 3070 desktop, so there's that.

EDIT - Most gamers if they like what Ubi puts out....just should split up how they play these Ubi titles. Don't do them one after another. Maybe do 1 a year or so. It's how I've kept my sanity w/ their insane output of this stuff.

I just don’t buy Ubisoft games. I don’t even remember when the last time they made anything interesting even was. AC2, maybe?
AC4: Black Flag (fun!!!) and Freedom Cry DLC ruled (serious game). Not great story-wise on Black Flag and character-wise (Freedom Cry is much better at that stuff), but Black Flag might be some of the most fun I've had in a AC-labeled/franchised game ever....even though it really wasn't a AC game. It felt more like an open-world pirate game and travelling the seas (instead of platforming) was a blast.

While I think AC2 and BH were the best - ugh, there's always Black Flag, which was a damn blast.

I also think AC: Syndicate was really good - probably b/c of the moving base (the train that goes around the world); the Awesome Frye Twins for characters (loved the banter b/t the two of them); lots of traversal methods (i.e. Batman Arkham-style rope, stage-coaches, horses, carriages, etc.); Industrial England/Victorian Era England setting.

I think AC Revelations, AC3 and AC Unity were all disappointing.

The Mario + Rabbids games are their only recent games I've enjoyed, if those even count as "Ubisoft" games. Even then, they still kinda have that "soul-less" feel to them, at least compared to other Mario games

The Assassin's Creed games were fun before III, but III shit the bed so hard with Desmond's story that it made me not care anymore. IV was alright but I was one of the few that didn't really care for the sailing part of the game, so I wasn't as big on it

Edit: Speaking of, wonder if we will actually finally see Skull and Bones come out this year

Ubisoft to me is a wait till $20ish for complete edition games. I haven't been excited for any of their games in forever, and I doubt I will anytime soon. Far Cry 5, which I stopped a month or more ago I was almost done with, but I ended up just getting tired and the story and characters were not carrying anything. It wasn't terrible, but I felt I could do better things with my time.

Another day another mini review this one for the recently price glitched Patch Quest. To sum it up I'm going to say average in all respects.

This game is about a person and they go around riding on monsters to get abilities, getting icons to get stats up, fighting stuff in certain areas to get abilities that help you and other things like shortcuts. Pretty much this is an open ended rogue lite kind of bullet hell at times shooter. The world is pretty large and you explore it and can mark things when an ability is full to get one in your base and get your explorer level up. You can get fruits that make your shots special, as well as use monster abilities to survive generally monster arenas or mini bosses/bosses. It gets old very quickly and I lost interest after about 6 hours. I don't remember a story at all. The graphics are pretty just OK, kind of Paper Mario looking. The sound is pretty meh with forgettable music and sounds. I think the controls are OK, but the shooting and dodging/moving feel floaty and make it much harder to dodge and maneuver without taking damage. This feels like a lower end bundle game, and I know it's a one person team, but it just didn't have a purpose to me other than exploring and unlocking more junk. It didn't hold my attention once I unlocked the starts to all the 4 areas. Just very little variety in gameplay (mainly monster arenas) and lack of purpose other than fully exploring an island caused me to drop it. It's not really bad at all, but I wouldn't say it's very good either. The shooting lacks like the fluidness of Enter the Gungeon or a bunch of other bullet hells. The monster raising is extremely rudimentary, and just nothing is exciting. It's not a bad bundled game, but I do regret getting it even on a higher sale. 6/10 

Save 92% on EA Racing Mega Collection on Steam (steampowered.com) is especially a great deal since it includes the most recent Unbound. $25 for that and 5 other games. The big drawback is that it won't let you purchase the bundle if you own 1 or more of the games. Most of us probably have at least Dirt 5 since that was previously bundled. Doesn't look like any of the big bundles are letting you purchase if you own any of them. Only option is to purchase as a gift.

BioWare Mega Collection Of Mass Effect and Dragon Age is also 92% off.

Link - https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/32498/Bioware_Mega_Collection/

Can't order it since I own some of it and only given option to buy as a Gift - i.e. I already own ME: Legendary & DAO Ultimate on Steam.

Jade Empire is $1.49 also - https://store.steampowered.com/app/7110/Jade_Empire_Special_Edition/

Also see EA Classics Mega Pack at 88% here at $12.75 since I own some of it on Steam (i.e. On Steam I own these: DAO Ultimate, Simcity 4 Deluxe, Dead Space 2008, and Mirror's Edge) : - https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/32322/EA_Classics_Mega_Collection/

EDIT - For some bundles you can't buy for yourself b/c you own something in there already, is it possible to remove a game from your Library that you own (that's also bundled) and then is it possible to actually buy the bundle for yourself?

EDIT 2 - Nope, don't try to remove a game from your Steam account either...if you try to work-around the bundle! Looks like according to Reddit, after a game-removal, if you try to buy bundle you get a "Your account already owns a removed copy of the above items, so you can’t purchase them again" message.

See this - https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/13iefhy/comment/jk9v80s/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

yeah i'd love to buy that racing bundle at that price, even with owning all nfs games save for unbound. Great deal. Really annoying that they won't let me buy out the rest of the bundle, even at that full bundle price. If nothing else I think I'm going to get Jade Empire and maybe the classics bundle cus I'd been considering getting Spore for some time and for some reason.

edit: can you gift games to yourself?

yeah i'd love to buy that racing bundle at that price, even with owning all nfs games save for unbound. Great deal. Really annoying that they won't let me buy out the rest of the bundle, even at that full bundle price. If nothing else I think I'm going to get Jade Empire and maybe the classics bundle cus I'd been considering getting Spore for some time and for some reason.

edit: can you gift games to yourself?
You have to enter the destination account info directly...maybe I can gift myself the games from my kid's account? Reddit already tried this and failed. Ah well.

Crazy we can't just pay full price.

Meanwhile here I am able to buy all of these because I either haven’t bothered activating keys for the things I own or I own them on Origin, but I can’t say anything here really appeals to me, since I already own pretty nearly everything I have any remote interest in, mostly through bundles or Amazon Prime.

Those Sims bundles would have been interesting at higher discounts, but I guess EA can’t overdiscount their DLC cash cows.

Hmmmm, I don't see any EA client-app junk listed on Dead Space Remake page - so does this require EA Origin or EA Desktop App over on Steam-version?

If EA doesn't want my money then I'm not hoop jumping to give it to them.

To not have "complete your collection," sure, whatever. But to block buying at all? I'm good.

Looks like Surge keys obtained from Focus in September 2021 are being revoked.

Developer has responded to store page reviews with "Hello, we are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it asap. Your saves will remain in your local file, or in the Steam Cloud"

A Steam Product code you activated has been removed from your account.

Sep 28, 2021

The Surge

Your recent Product code activation has been revoked due to a problem processing payment for this item. The games associated with this product code can no longer be played as a result. This could be due a problem with the payment methods you used to acquire this item from a third-party seller; or a problem with how the third-party seller acquired the Product code. Please contact the seller you acquired the Product code from for assistance.

Looks like Surge keys obtained from Focus in September 2021 are being revoked.

Developer has responded to store page reviews with "Hello, we are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it asap. Your saves will remain in your local file, or in the Steam Cloud"

A Steam Product code you activated has been removed from your account.

Sep 28, 2021

The Surge

Your recent Product code activation has been revoked due to a problem processing payment for this item. The games associated with this product code can no longer be played as a result. This could be due a problem with the payment methods you used to acquire this item from a third-party seller; or a problem with how the third-party seller acquired the Product code. Please contact the seller you acquired the Product code from for assistance.
https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/dABfa/the-surge-removed-from-steam-library-free-with-any-purchase-from-focus-ent-store-in-sept-2021

You're all getting new keys.

Epic Store:

I. Freebie Section.

This Week -> Death Stranding (original version).

Next Week -> Mystery Game???

II . PAID Section.

Epic's Spring MEGA Sale is in Effect.

Notes:

- 25% off coupons are in effect here on games over $14.99.

- Get your first 25% off coupon HERE.

- Buy stuff and make a transaction, then you'll get another coupon.

- After you make a purchase, looks like there's an additional 5% cash-back on future purchases too.

- For game owners of Death Stranding (original edition) on Epic, the DC Upgrade on Epic is $5.

Oh my gosh I went through hell to beat a game. Here is a honest likely only review you'll see for rougelike deck building card game Path to Warband after beating once (yes only once) after 13 and half hours.

First of all this is I believe a Chinese or Japanese game translated into English, so there are some typos and strange grammar. I wont give points down unless it truly hampers a game (like a visual novel) or is just nonsense. For the most part I followed the game mechanics (there is no story) other than some confusing abilities.

First of all the graphics are so-so but decent. I wouldn't say they're ugly, but zooming in on card art isn't always nice. The UI is atrocious and doesn't scale well especially trying to display multiple abilities. It's also a little laggy from mouse over to information popping up. The music reminds of Soulblazer, so I kind of like it. Overall I think it's a one person effort, and is good enough.

The gameplay is extremely unique and hard as all heck. You start with 6 cards (to a max of 8) consisting of cards that give 2 block and ones that use 1 energy for 2 damage. You can always dismiss cards for +1 gold, and before every battle you buy cards up to the level of the current go around on the track, starting at level 3. The track consistent of battles, battling against a training dummy that you can beat in a certain amount of turns for more gold, events (they repeat often), an altar to sacrifice units paying their cost to give their ability to another unit, and a ban space so certain classes of units don't come up in your choices. These are randomized every play through, but the spaces always appear, so you can plan your gold and such. The stash I believe it's called starts on 6 and every time you appear on any battle space you get said amount of gold. Once you lap the track this goes down by 1 and you now earn less. You can't waste this money for sure.

There are 8 spaces on the battlefield composed of units, and you don't automatically gain energy. You usually reveal 3 units and can make them support to give an energy. If you pass with units up, such as using 2 out of the 3, the other unit will be added next turn along with the 3 units. The classes of units have special abilities, but the main thing is defending and doing a lot of damage. Generally units having support text with little or no attack power have abilities that are generally powerful and are great to sacrifice at altars. You want a great mix of amazing attackers with high attack power, some defense, and some special abilities. It is useful to have a lower attack power or 2 creature with better abilities, especially when the opponent punishes strong attackers. The whole thing is to have the best 8 creatures, with good energy costs/abilities and attack power. You need to heavily specialize and be sacing/thinning things a lot to win the game. When you remove a monster's armor it becomes weakened, and is susceptible to 2 times attack damage and is also stunned. It is important to take advantage of this as generally this state lasts the turn only, unless you have assassin class members giving you more turns.

I need to mention when you get a unit that's another of the same you get it for free and level up the unit. The first time gets you money equal to the round number (useful!), or seeking out another unit of the same cost (just letting them be purchased...niche ability), while the second time you get to give it an extra class. You need to try to earn money, and not waste it to get the best units and to sacrifice many of them. Different units of the class unlock class abilities according to how many are on your team. I'd recommend generating money ones earlier, such as merchant and cleric, which both give you money at certain times, and more team intensive ones later

I'm giving it decent praise now, but other than feeling very unpolished at times, especially in the translation and UI, the difficulty is extreme. I've beaten many tough rougelites and roguelikes, and this one is punishing to an extreme. Later and even early monsters can hit hard, have a lot of HP and armor, and many tough abilities. I've played it enough to game the system enough to make it to the 4th round or so going around often. Most will not be as much of masochist as myself, and I almost refunded the game, but I was just over 2 hours. It was late and I made that mistake. I didn't mention that every round to a certain point leads to the main boss, which generally opens up on the 2nd go around. You can take them on anytime, but they're extremely powerful and it would be dumb to go with lower level/powered units. I still don't know how I beat it, but it beat me many times before that. This game needs so much balance changes, as it feels like a real roguelike that is unforgiving, doesn't hold your hand, and has zero progression. Everything is available and you'll need it.

The game needs many fixes as well like units appearing of certain levels even though they're not shown on the pop up. One was a level 6 and the class description didn't have a level 6 box. It likely overflowed in the UI and didn't display it. It has so much potential IMHO, but isn't worth buying right now. Only the most hardcore need apply. I almost love it though, as it reminds me of Card Quest, which never held your hand either. I will keep an eye on it, and feel it's a great bundle game, but most others should go for easier games. People were complaining about the difficulty of Wildmyr, but I doubt it has anything on this game. That game is punishing, while this one can make you cry. 6/10 but with a lot of potential. It does feel incomplete right now though.

Didn't they literally just give Death Stranding away a few months ago? Big yikes

And about the 5% back in rewards, they were only taking 12% for each game sale. But 6% of that was set aside for payment fees for credit cards etc. So now that they're giving 5% back, they're only making 1% on every game sale, and I can't imagine many people are buying full price games on that storefront

But hey good for them. Whatever makes them crash and burn faster 😎

Was bored, bought junk.

God's Trigger

IZBZ4-223TJ-72***

*** What Final Fantasy VI was in the US.

Gone Home

JHM4N-I**Q6-HXVQA

19** year Taylor Swift was born?

IDK. Was bored, bought Mystery Bundle.

Other bundle trash:

Amerizone

**ZKV-NIG0A-2XJMH

Your ** is very small

Still Life

XPEFR-QW96D-53**6

Stealth Bomber

Still Life 2

ZL***-H7Q5W-FV8DP

Old-ass monitor resolution *** x 480

Syberia

*GQK5-MMQGJ-N6EZT

The letter L

Syberia 2

GHEET-LCLBJ-ZML**

Short for venereal disease

Cheers!

Was bored, bought junk.

God's Trigger

IZBZ4-223TJ-72***

*** What Final Fantasy VI was in the US.

Gone Home

JHM4N-I**Q6-HXVQA

19** year Taylor Swift was born?

IDK. Was bored, bought Mystery Bundle.

Other bundle trash:

Amerizone

**ZKV-NIG0A-2XJMH

Your ** is very small

Still Life

XPEFR-QW96D-53**6

Stealth Bomber

Still Life 2

ZL***-H7Q5W-FV8DP

Old-ass monitor resolution *** x 480

Syberia

*GQK5-MMQGJ-N6EZT

The letter L

Syberia 2

GHEET-LCLBJ-ZML**

Short for venereal disease

Cheers!
Doesn't sound like it's that much of a Mystery Bundle. It's more like a Mostly Microids "Mystery" Bundle.

Had to snag MK11 and Injustice 2 for 10. Already have them on console but that is ridiculously cheap.
My problem with them is the live service part which i like but also meh cause when I was doing a tower survival i had put system on rest mode came back and it was cancel off cause of connection. So apparently I bet one day those games will not be playable cause it requires a connection to the server even for single player content.

bread's done
Back