Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to someday doing local co-op on Diablo 4 with my son but I'll wait until the game is cheaper than dirt. Luckily, between Zelda and my recent discovery of how great the Divinity Original Sin series is (seriously why did no one tell me), I'll be busy for a while.

Finally beat Wildfrost after 13 hours and 30 minutes. I have so many thoughts, so here is a mini review.

Wildfrost is a deck building game where cards represent units, items and a few other things. Your characters have a countdown timer and when it ticks to 0 your guys attack in their lane, and there are 2 lanes of 3 units each for you and the enemy. You generally attack the closest enemy, but abilities can change this. To get more cards in your hand, you have to ring a bell. After every card you play a timer on the bell goes lower. You can refresh before this reaches 0 as well, but then it isn't a free action. You generally have one action a turn to play a card. You can move your characters on the field at will for no actions. Overall it's solid and very actiony for a deck building turn based game. To clear confusion the enemy characters reaching 0 on their countdowns act first and the top right most unit will act first on your own side, so you can know timings for attacks.

There is a lot going on and it generally looks great. The art is beautiful and whimsical. Everything animates pretty well and the music and sound are pretty good.

There are some major issues with the game. One is sometimes the lack of units available. Similar to Slay the spire you choose a pathway, and they have shops, events and some other things. If there is an ice block, you crack open the ice and can pick from 3 random units. Some passages have too many units on a path, and some barely get any. On one of my last games because I skipped a unit choice, I was stuck with some lesser units most of the run. There is a lot of RNG for units, items, charms (permanent buffs to cards), and some are much better than others. Some game mechanics also seem weaker, but generally more health and damage is the way to go, with some debuffs for making taking down the op's units easier. I feel some specialized units are just way too weak with way too high timers, weak effects, bad attacks or health totals and generally dying a lot easier. The difficulty is through the roof for this game. Some enemies are not balanced well at all. Some deal a mass amount of damage on short timers, while others are generally weak but attack more often. There are very few bosses, so you'll get tired of seeing some of the most annoying ones. From playing them over and over, you develop strategies, but it's still way too unbalanced. They seriously need to make some of your creatures/cards better and tune down some very annoying effects and beat sticks of enemies. The developer is working on this. This makes it similar to the previous roguelite game I played, but this is way more polished.

Overall I like the game enough, but there are deep flaws that need to be adjusted. It's very original and doesn't quite play like other games. I would say wait for a bundle for sure. It would be worth it on a deeper sale as well once balances are made. 6.5/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside, reddit is going to take a big dump on their user base in about a month by essentially blocking all third party apps. 

Wonder if ye olde forums will come back in vogue.  Perhaps we'll see an uptick of newbies here?

I've been playing Far Cry 6. I'm some 20 hours in or so.

You know what you're getting formula-wise & gameplay-wise, if you've played older open-world FC games since Far Cry 2 and especially even more so true with FC3 & newer: an open-world Far Cry game with butter-smooth shooting mechanics & controls; lots of action; excellent technical graphics (and ray-tracing, in this particular FC game). It's not certainly a mind-melting delicious fillet mignon steak here, but feels like comfort food like a good burger - and I love a damn good burger.

Variety of missions & mission types; really good main missions; really good cut-scenes that a voice-acted very well; enough story to keep you going (even though it ain't great); fantastic acting from the villain (Giancarlo Esposito is awesome as the villain in this); lots of action; and more. You also have some cool cars to find; ability to customize weapons and armor; Banditos (which is similar to how in AC: Brotherhood you'd send Assassins to do special missions on the side to get more equipment and stuff); Amigos that can go with you (they're animals, instead of humans this go around - and yes, they rock); and more.

Also runs really with on 1080p 50-60fps @ High with RT & DLSS On here on my systems with solid GPU's - 8gb VRAM RTX 3070 on my desktop and my laptop's loaded with 6gb VRAM RTX 3060m. Ain't had any pixel-shader stutter and/or area traversals problems many games have had big-time of late on PC. Ain't had any of those problems in a major way here, as it does do a PSO (Pixel Shader Optimization) when needed at boot - so that's good news here.

I'm having a blast with this so far, even if nothing to me can compare to Far Cry 3 for the FC games. It's just more awesome open-world Far Cry - and I'm fine with that. Is there anymore one can really want from an open-world Far Cry game?

I got the ultimate edition for $30 from the Xbox store glitch. Plus game pass ain't cheap anymore without the $1 trials unless you already have some stacked up.
I just bought 3 years of gold for $148 and paid the $15 for a month of game pass and to convert the rest of it. $163 for 37 months of game pass is still one of the best deals in gaming

Been playing Diablo 4.  Its pretty freaking awesome but I enjoyed the hell out of the betas.  I passed on the Server tests.  Knock on wood but the servers have been picture perfect.  At least on PC.  My biggest hangup server wise was remembering my battle.net password.

I just bought 3 years of gold for $148 and paid the $15 for a month of game pass and to convert the rest of it. $163 for 37 months of game pass is still one of the best deals in gaming
Next time, use Microsoft Rewards points to get the free month of Game Pass Ultimate, and it makes getting over on Microsoft that much sweeter.

Next time, use Microsoft Rewards points to get the free month of Game Pass Ultimate, and it makes getting over on Microsoft that much sweeter.
I save those for MS currency to get DLC or GOTY editions of games I want, since game pass doesn't come with DLC. But yeah that's an easy way for "free" game pass just by doing searches for a minute every day

The Lords of the Fallen (2023 Reboot) - PC System Requirements.

Requirements in Spoilers.

vfcuxlubez3b1.png

So the real release of Diablo IV was last night... I they had server issues and queues (I saw a 23 minute one fairly late at night) but nothing to the degree of the D3 server issues.

Even with a fair amount of free time and a few days off I didn't make it through the campaign... I got caught up exploring Act 1. Which I think was a mistake, I should have just plowed through the campaign... I'll spoiler the reason but it's a game mechanic more than anything.

You don't get your mount to the start of act 4. This really sucks as Act 3 it would be extremely useful.

Halo: MCC is $10 on the Microsoft Store.

EDIT - Thanks, Bing points from Daily Binging that I turned into M$ Gift Cards. That costed $0.

EDIT - Thanks, Bing points from Daily Binging that I turned into M$ Gift Cards. That costed $0.
I grabbed that with rewards points also. Thanks for the heads up.

I still have the disc based version, but I like having the digital copy.

Was that Halo for PC? I’d be all over that!
Yup, Halo MCC for PC - Windows Store version.

Ordered it yesterday and all.

Okay, for any Xbox Game Pass users:

So, I did have the game-folder files (for Halo MCC - Windows Store version) squirrelled away on an external, just in case I needed them later - since I had it in full installed way back & played Halo Reach and Halo 2 on PC Game Pass long ago - but 130+GB is what it's eating up. And I can't seem to move it to another drive via Apps/Features in Windows and/or it ain't noticing the external drive in Xbox PC Game App so I can't even run it off that drive either.

Sure, Windows Explorer/This PC/My Computer notices the files there - but, if I can move it manually to C Drive (which is where I've got my Xbox PC Games at) will Xbox Game App notice it when I boot Xbox PC Game App if its in that Library Folder" that Xbox Game App will hopefully recognize?

Might have to....re-download 130+GB. Ugh. Don't really want to; that's why I squirreled it away in 1st place, for safe-keeping - in case I bought it later when it got dirt-cheap; figured I would...and well, here we are.

I did take ownership of the Halo MCC folder (via Windows), since we finally can do that now.

Anyone got any ideas of how to move it over or force Xbox PC Game App to notice it on the external?

Man, Steam, GOG, other stores - even Epic, which still can be a pain to deal w/ - at least it's easy to shuffle around. Even w/ Epic and Origin...you can keep your old game-folder handy elsewhere, you start a new download, stop it, close the app, then copy & paste the old folder that you put elsewhere to a location where the app notices your Game Library, restart the app, it notices you folder in the library, and it does the File-Verifying and download whatever's missing.

Looks like Capcom is running a 40th Anniversary Sale on Steam right now:

https://store.steampowered.com/developer/capcom/sale/40thanniversary

And it looks like they made a new complete-your-bundle called the CAPCOM 40TH ANNIVERSARY PACK:

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/32572/CAPCOM_40TH_ANNIVERSARY_PACK/
Much better bundle this time around. I'm missing Onimusha and the beat em up pack, but both are historical lows so I'll grab it. It's also a good deal if you were missing Phoenix Wright

That might be the best value ever for $10. I put an obscene amount of time into Halo 2/3/Reach in my teens and early 20s.

Shame about the 343 games though.

Much better bundle this time around. I'm missing Onimusha and the beat em up pack, but both are historical lows so I'll grab it. It's also a good deal if you were missing Phoenix Wright
Yeah I'm only missing Onimusha from the bundle, so it only comes out to $4.79 for me. Pretty sure Onimusha's never been that low before so this was an instant buy for me.

That Capcom Bundle Shows at $25.70 for me.

I'm missing here these - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Monster Hunter: World, Onimusha: Warlords, Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle.

EDIT - I wish MHW: Iceborne was in this bundle, but it ain't.

There's a lot of things I wish were in the bundle, like the Ace Attorney sequels. I think they're going with a "oldest originally available game on PC" or something.

There's a lot of things I wish were in the bundle, like the Ace Attorney sequels. I think they're going with a "oldest originally available game on PC" or something.
Yeah that's how it goes with Capcom. They rarely have any great deals anymore outside of the RE8 gold price mistake (which was razers fault)

Yup, Halo MCC for PC - Windows Store version.

Ordered it yesterday and all.

Okay, for any Xbox Game Pass users:

So, I did have the game-folder files (for Halo MCC - Windows Store version) squirrelled away on an external, just in case I needed them later - since I had it in full installed way back & played Halo Reach and Halo 2 on PC Game Pass long ago - but 130+GB is what it's eating up. And I can't seem to move it to another drive via Apps/Features in Windows and/or it ain't noticing the external drive in Xbox PC Game App so I can't even run it off that drive either.

Sure, Windows Explorer/This PC/My Computer notices the files there - but, if I can move it manually to C Drive (which is where I've got my Xbox PC Games at) will Xbox Game App notice it when I boot Xbox PC Game App if its in that Library Folder" that Xbox Game App will hopefully recognize?

Might have to....re-download 130+GB. Ugh. Don't really want to; that's why I squirreled it away in 1st place, for safe-keeping - in case I bought it later when it got dirt-cheap; figured I would...and well, here we are.

I did take ownership of the Halo MCC folder (via Windows), since we finally can do that now.

Anyone got any ideas of how to move it over or force Xbox PC Game App to notice it on the external?

Man, Steam, GOG, other stores - even Epic, which still can be a pain to deal w/ - at least it's easy to shuffle around. Even w/ Epic and Origin...you can keep your old game-folder handy elsewhere, you start a new download, stop it, close the app, then copy & paste the old folder that you put elsewhere to a location where the app notices your Game Library, restart the app, it notices you folder in the library, and it does the File-Verifying and download whatever's missing.
Has anyone tried this version on the steam deck? I know the steam version works well and even got the multiplayer to work. But this is damn cheap if it does.

In case you missed it, Atlus West messed up and accidentally leaked trailers for Persona 3 Reload and Persona 5 Tactica today for PC! The trailers were supposed to be from the Xbox presentation and lists PC, so it will probably be Steam and Windows Store (and Gematsu says Switch, PS4, and PS5 too)

Persona 3 Reload looks to be a full on remake of P3 in the P5 engine, and releases early 2024. Persona 5 Tactica looks to be Xcom/Fire Emblem but with the Persona 5 cast in chibi form, and releases this November 17th

Person 3 Reload trailer:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yVtpsOHGF7o

Persona 5 Tactica trailer:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6u0CtkSxQEA

Edit: Both are confirmed to be on game pass day one!

I’ll probably end up getting the P3 remake regardless, but when I get it will depend primarily on how much it plays like FES vs P3P, with the former being preferable. I do hope FeMC is in, but I’m not gonna hold my breath. If it’s basically prettier FES with all the FeMC content, though, that’d be Day 1.

I just had some good luck renewing my GamePass subscription through the current Eneba discount on 3-month Gold subscriptions. I ended up buying 10 of the three month codes along with one month of GamePass Ultimate, but while redeeming the 3-month subscriptions I kept getting the option for a free month of Gold if I left recurrent billing on. I said yes to recurrent billing for 6 of the redemptions and ended up with 6 free months of Ultimate once I did the conversion. Apparently getting the free month multiple times is YMMV but if anyone is looking to re-up their GameAss right now it might be worth a try. Ended up being just over $83 for 3 years of Ass.

Not sure if it matters but I redeemed the Gold codes on my PC browser and the dummies at MS just kept giving me the extra month for free.

I just had some good luck renewing my GamePass subscription through the current Eneba discount on 3-month Gold subscriptions. I ended up buying 10 of the three month codes along with one month of GamePass Ultimate, but while redeeming the 3-month subscriptions I kept getting the option for a free month of Gold if I left recurrent billing on. I said yes to recurrent billing for 6 of the redemptions and ended up with 6 free months of Ultimate once I did the conversion. Apparently getting the free month multiple times is YMMV but if anyone is looking to re-up their GameAss right now it might be worth a try. Ended up being just over $83 for 3 years of Ass.

Not sure if it matters but I redeemed the Gold codes on my PC browser and the dummies at MS just kept giving me the extra month for free.
This is what I did last year when I stocked up on 3 month codes for Xbox Live Gold. Got an extra 5-6 months before converting it all to Game Pass Ultimate.

This is what I did last year when I stocked up on 3 month codes for Xbox Live Gold. Got an extra 5-6 months before converting it all to Game Pass Ultimate.
How does this work? I have a couple years worth of the very old Xbox 360 XBL gold scratch or pull tab cards. Never used in a decade. I left the Microsoft world back then and have been sitting on the cards.

how this this work? I have a couple years worth of the very old Xbox 360 XBL gold scratch or pull tab cards. Never used in a decade. I left the Microsoft world back then and have been sitting on the cards.
Well the ones I used were those 3-month Xbox Live codes I purchased. I'm not sure if what you have would be similar.

If it is, though, I just remember claiming a 3-month code, then I would go to disable recurrent billing and it would offer me an additional month if I didn't turn it off. I would take the free month, then I would claim another 3-month code, go to disable recurrent billing and it would give me the extra month offer again. Rinse and repeat until I claimed all cards and got all free 1-month additions. Finally I bought one month of Game Pass Ultimate to convert all of those months in GPU, and then disabled recurrent billing for good.

This was a year ago so I may have missed a step or misremembered something, but this is how I remember doing it.

It sounds like some people simply don't get the "free month with recurring billing" option. Not sure why. I kept getting the option whether I had disabled it or not.

For anyone doing it for the first time, the max Gold you can convert to GamePass Ultimate is 3 years. So right now the cheapest way to get a full three years is by buying 9 of the 3-month Gold cards and 1-month of GamePass Ultimate. If you're lucky enough to be able to add the extra free month for each card you'll get to three years before adding your 1-month of GamePass ultimate to convert the Gold to GPU. Seems like a matter of time before MS blocks the conversion trick. It's crazy they didn't disable it when they stopped doing the $1 upgrade a while back.

Does anyone have any familiarity with 2D animation? I took a course back in high school, just using Flash, but it stuck with me, so Humble’s current Ultimate Animation Bundle, offering Moho Pro for $30, is intriguing. A bit of research suggests that it offers at least reasonably robust vector creation tools (which, as Macromedia Freehand and Flash are my main points of familiarity with 2D animation, appeals to me), and it seems at least reasonably well regarded. Was just wondering if anybody here had any more recent experience in animation software than I do who could offer some perspective.

I used Deluxe Paint (yes, from EA) to make a 2D animation when I was in 3rd or 4th grade for a media competition. That's my most recent animation experience. 

I used Deluxe Paint (yes, from EA) to make a 2D animation when I was in 3rd or 4th grade for a media competition. That's my most recent animation experience.
I've used a few recreations of deluxe paint since my Amiga years and this is the latest one I've tried. There's even a web version:
https://gamefromscratch.com/dpaint-js-modern-deluxe-paint-inspired-pixel-art-app/

Autodesk Animator was my preference for animation though. No idea how it would've wound up on our school computers at the time, but it was still mostly the wild west in the days of MS-DOS

Well the ones I used were those 3-month Xbox Live codes I purchased. I'm not sure if what you have would be similar.

If it is, though, I just remember claiming a 3-month code, then I would go to disable recurrent billing and it would offer me an additional month if I didn't turn it off. I would take the free month, then I would claim another 3-month code, go to disable recurrent billing and it would give me the extra month offer again. Rinse and repeat until I claimed all cards and got all free 1-month additions. Finally I bought one month of Game Pass Ultimate to convert all of those months in GPU, and then disabled recurrent billing for good.

This was a year ago so I may have missed a step or misremembered something, but this is how I remember doing it.

I did a similar thing a decade ago on my Xbox 360 and apparently this bothered Microsoft, they banned my gamertag claiming a breach of the ToS. Yet they welcome me back as a customer if I made a new gamertag though refused to transfer my gamerscore or purchases.

I did a similar thing a decade ago on my Xbox 360 and apparently this bothered Microsoft, they banned my gamertag claiming a breach of the ToS. Yet they welcome me back as a customer if I made a new gamertag though refused to transfer my gamerscore or purchases.
I don't know what to tell you other than I don't know why they'd ban you for this. You would be literally using the system they have in place. Only reason I could see is if they don't like the Xbox Live Gold codes you're using? I don't know.

Maybe the multiple 1 month codes for maintaining recurrent billing and turning it off right away then repeating over and over again was the red flag that got you scrutinized. I could see doing this sort of thing over months, but not one after another in a day, week, or month. I understand working the system a bit towards a deal, but it's probably not a good idea to abuse the system too much.

Maybe the multiple 1 month codes for maintaining recurrent billing and turning it off right away then repeating over and over again was the red flag that got you scrutinized. I could see doing this sort of thing over months, but not one after another in a day, week, or month. I understand working the system a bit towards a deal, but it's probably not a good idea to abuse the system too much.
That poster used more than a years worth of "come back for $1/mo" promotions in the same day (according to their post in the diablo thread). A bit different

I don't know what to tell you other than I don't know why they'd ban you for this. You would be literally using the system they have in place. Only reason I could see is if they don't like the Xbox Live Gold codes you're using? I don't know.
Per another thread, that's not what happened.

He used a link for a "come back to Gold and pay $1 for one month" email promotion, found out the link worked to stack multiple months for $1 each, rinsed and repeated, and eventually got banned for unexplained reasons.

Edit: Dang, too slow

Per another thread, that's not what happened.

He used a link for a "come back to Gold and pay $1 for one month" email promotion, found out the link worked to stack multiple months for $1 each, rinsed and repeated, and eventually got banned for unexplained reasons.

Edit: Dang, too slow
Well yeah that's totally wrong. I was just reading the message wrong I guess.

MysterD, don't you have an RTX 3070? I picked one up used for a decent price (leadtek blower) and while it's working fine with the games I've tried so far, I noticed the temp hit 81C playing Doom 2016 at 4k (was using afterburner to monitor). Also hit that at a max leaving it on Furmark for awhile earlier. Just wondering what kind of temps you've had with your card (or anyone else who has one),.

Last edited:
MysterD, don't you have an RTX 3070? I picked one up used for a decent price (leadtek blower) and while it's working fine with the games I've tried so far, I noticed the temp hit 81C playing Doom 2016 at 4k (was using afterburner to monitor). Also hit that at a max leaving it on Furmark for awhile earlier. Just wondering what kind of temps you've had with your card (or anyone else who has one),.
Yep. I have it anywhere from 40-70 degrees C. Depends on the games I'm playing. Also keep in mind, I do have 6 fans and a 240ml Cooler Master AIO in there too.

EDIT - I'm running at 1080p60fps namely, I should mention that too.

I've been a bit bound up for a bit, but it's time to expel another Demo Dump™.

This being the one big one before the June Next Fest and I already have 28 more in the queue right now... and someday, I'll do the Prologue Perusal™...?

Anywho, Green is Keen, Yellow is Mellow, Red is better left for Dead.  Let's get started...

Greedland: Sci-fi VS clone with higher production values, it was fun
The Song of the Nightrider: Calling it a tech demo would be too kind
アプリヴァル モノノ村開拓日記 (Approval): Action dungeon crawler, kinda jank
Cosplay Club: From ChromaSquad team, looks like a blast
Fantasy Survival in Another World: Another shell of a tech demo
Cyberwar: Controls felt bad and first boss was annoying
Reaver: Hot Hell, this is a rad boomer shooter; expect big things
Aeterna Noctis: A competent metroidvania
AeternoBlade II: ARE YOU HARD ENUFF? GITGUDER WITH THIS GAME!
Randoville: Schmandoville
Empty War: Full of poop
Winds of Arcana: Ruination: Feels jank, too early for this demo
Chronicles of Errodean: Calling it a tech demo would be too kind
The Unfettered: Calling it “Dark Souls at home” would be too kind
Spell Disk: A crafting: style roguelike of mixing and matching spells and spell triggers
Touhou ~Red Empress Devil.: Not ready for prime time
Metal Ascension: Rusted
HiveCorp: Could be good in the future, but right now its too slow
GeneWars: It’s bad tactical RPG about sperm
DuelCorp: A very promising tilt shifted souls-like, but the first boss is hard AF
Voidborn: Bad name, great boomer shooter roguelike
Tyrant’s Realm: Lofi retro souls-like, interesting start, but needs fleshed out
Dr. Professor Scientist’s Weapons Testing Facility: a thesis on uninstalling quickly
Kinetic Storm: Awesome smoke physics, it might be a good 2D shmup?
The Last Team: Lasted one minute
Guardians Survival: Feels like a kids scribble come to life in the worst ways possible
Eternal Quest: Its Loop Hero; I want more Loop Hero
An Amazing Wizard: Awful name, but its Noita meets Dead Cells; high potential here
Yet Another Zombie Survivors: You know what this is by the name, it’s very solid, but early
Survivors of the Dawn: Did not survive on my SSD
Disco Tomb: should stay dead
Tower of Chaos: Interesting roguelike with HOMM inspiration, but the combat is autobattler…
Wizard Shrimp: It says the name on the tin
Innkeeper’s Basement: Excellent deckbuilder meets Minesweeper meets Magical Tower
Intelligent Machinery Crisis: mid Survivor clone
Deadnaut: Signal Lost: Too spoopy for me tactical RPG
B.I.O.T.A.: GameBoy Color action side scroller, its nice
Wild Legion: Klei-looking ass Survivor style game
Seonbi : Scholar of Joseon: Pretty solid action side scroller with a cool combo system, Chinese AF
Darkzan Arena: mid Survivor style game
Cannonfire: bad Survivor style game
Dungeon X Dungeon: GameBoy Advance action side scroller; a touch rough, but fun
Spellshot: FPS roguelike using bullets in a revolver-rifle to stack spells; love it
Mob Factory: Factorio tower defense; it’s got layers, too much for me – bounced off
Elemental Survivors: Awesome retro-aesthetic Survivors title, I liked this one
MiceGard: Weird topdown RTS/RPG?
Notice Me Leena-senpai!: Lolli Plantz Vs. Zombies
Dungeons & Degenerate Gamblers: Standard playing card RPG, bounced off
Rootin' Tootin' Lootin' & Shootin': Very indie western mystery dungeon game
Outerland Guilds: Very early take on Battle Brothers (go play that instead)
A Rate’s Life: The Cat Conspiracy: First person rat game; it could be amusing, but low budget shows
Chasing the Unseen: Eldritch horror meets BotW climbing? Not sure what this will be
Chronicles of 2 Heroes: Ameteru’s Wrath: Badass side scrolling action game with a dual character
Genokids: Anime~ish Devil May Cry, I had fun with the demo and want to see more
Tiledeck TD: TL:DR; nope
Tendryll: Hard as balls, tactical RPG meets deckbuilder with a Hades aesthetic
Dr. Fetus’ Mean Meat Machine: Listen, Puyo Puyo doesn’t need a bunch of buzzsaws and instakills…
Exophobia: Oldschool Wolfenstein 3D-like shooter, didn’t really enjoy it
Twinkle Hunter: Stinkler Hunter… kind of a pixel side scrolling boss killer game
Cards Survivors: Use cards to fire a gun to kill waves of mooks, it’s shallow

Halls of Torment: Prelude: Its VS meets Diablo; bought it immediately
Soul Delivery: An okay early 2D visual novel adventure sci-fi game where humans are dead
Joyspring:  This does not spring joy
Vividlope:  A Dreamcast AF style puzzle game, I think its good, but not for me
Reverse woman of Human Ball:  What the fuck?
Pocket Mirror ~ GoldenerTraum~: Spoopy 2D pixel VN, supposedly very popular
Six Ages 2: Lights Going Out:  Civ-style game in text form, not for me
Terrarium Builder:  A toy, at at best, but does what it says on the tin

Top 5 with links!
Halls of Torment:  I really think this will be a fun take on the VS formula while scratching loot itch
Reaver: PLAY THIS DEMO; its going to be the next top tier boomer shooter
An Amazing Wizard:  A really cool mix of Dead Cells and Noita; roguelike spellshaping!
Innkeeper's Basement:  It's got cards, its a magic tower-like, I played the demo a ton
Cosplay Club:  Turn based strategy where you make your character by making their cosplay costume!

BONUS:
Greedland: It's a sci-fi VS clone, but its really well done and it is supposed to have co-op!

So there goes my idea that I was skipping bad or mediocre titles...  The lows were low, but the highs were pretty high, IMO.  Vividlope isn't for me, so it's not in my Top 5, but I really think more people should check it out. A novel take on action-puzzle that has that SEGA when it was all blue skies and happy titles in the early 00s appeal.

Edit:

SECRET BONUS:
I mislabeled Duel Corp; if you can get past the tutorial area as the first boss is a bit of a bitch, it really does open up into an awesome looking Souls-like title that I fully completed the demo content.  It's definitely one to try out!

bread's done
Back