Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Might try undervolting the card in Afterburner or upping the fan speed. I'm guessing its just that it is a blower single fan design causing some games to run hotter when pushed to the limit of the gpu. I'd expect higher than normal temps in benchmark programs though.

Might try undervolting the card in Afterburner or upping the fan speed. I'm guessing its just that it is a blower single fan design causing some games to run hotter when pushed to the limit of the gpu. I'd expect higher than normal temps in benchmark programs though.
30 series always ran a little hot. It's actually one of the benefits of the 40 series that Nvidia advertised but most people didn't really care. I have the warmest room in the house with nothing running so it wouldn't matter how I cooled it.

The procedurally generated planet system seems a bit worrying on Starfield … getting flashbacks to Skyrim’s Dwemer ruins, and those were actually designed.

I’ll enjoy Starfield because the explore, loot, build mechanics are personally addicting … but I can imagine a lot of really empty, uninteresting worlds being generated (No Man’s Sky continues to have this issue).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyberpunk 2077 stuff.

NEW Update to System Requirements for CP 2077 w/ the next patch for base-game & Phantom Liberty expansion:

-> https://www.gog.com/en/news/cyberpunk_2077_phantom_liberty_update_to_system_requirements

REQUIREMENTS.jpg

Notes:

-> No more HDD support tested, only SSD support

-> "These changes will take effect following the next update to the base game, no earlier than 90 days, and also apply to Phantom Liberty."

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reABCMNGM3w

Starfield PC.

System requirements are now up on Steam:

-> https://store.steampowered.com/app/1716740/STARFIELD/

-> https://wccftech.com/starfield-pc-requirements-out-now-youll-need-an-ssd-to-play/

MINIMUM:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x, Intel Core i7-6800K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 125 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD Required

Huh, my 6700k doesn't hit the minimum for Starfield.

Guess I'll just sit it out for a bit until I upgrade.  Pushing 8 years on the CPU?  I got so much to play as-is, that it's alright.

Huh, my 6700k doesn't hit the minimum for Starfield.

Guess I'll just sit it out for a bit until I upgrade. Pushing 8 years on the CPU? I got so much to play as-is, that it's alright.
Maybe the game really wants more cores/threads. I'd put a 6700k on par with a R7 1700/2700 in single threaded power. The GPU is more interesting, as it is a minimum of a 1070ti (really 1080) or a AMD card from 2019.

Yep. I have it anywhere from 40-70 degrees C. Depends on the games I'm playing. Also keep in mind, I do have 6 fans and a 240ml Cooler Master AIO in there too.

EDIT - I'm running at 1080p60fps namely, I should mention that too.

Thanks for the tips/experiences, guys. First, I upped the fan from the 55% it would usually stop at and I could get it quite a bit cooler (67-68C on doom with 70% fan), but it ended up sounding like a jet taking off (or the original Xbox 360). Next tried undervolting to compare, at 800mV and 1725 MHz core clock. The fps wasn't significantly worse on Doom and Secret of Mana. Temps got to about 72C on Doom compared to 81C before, and I think I hit about 45-50C on Secret of Mana, but much less intensive game. Probably will keep it undervolted for now.

Last edited:
I knew the Starfield planets would be procedurally generated, there was no way they were gonna handcraft 1000 planets

But people didn't even like the randomized radiant quests in Skyrim or Fallout 4, so I'm wondering why Bethesda thought people would like randomized worlds? It has lessened my hype by quite a bit

Samurai Shodown is currently at an all-time low on Steam at 90% off:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1342260/SAMURAI_SHODOWN/

The Kiwami Pack bundle (which contains all season pass characters) is only $11.83. And SNK is running their next rollback beta test this week for the game.
I don’t understand all the bundles. Can you just buy the game or is this one of those new age fads where all games are pay to play/pay to win and require dlc just to run?

I don’t understand all the bundles. Can you just buy the game or is this one of those new age fads where all games are pay to play/pay to win and require dlc just to run?
The game got three season passes of characters over its lifetime so essentially the cheapest bundle is the base game + 1st season pass of characters. Then the next bundle up adds in the 2nd season pass of characters. And the most expensive bundle adds the 3rd season pass of characters. It's why I recommended the Kiwami Pack, you essentially get the full package that way.

I don't know why SNK thought it was a good idea to split it into three bundles like this, but if I had to guess I'd assume it was so people could buy the cheapest bundle and then only buy whatever other DLC characters piecemeal if they wanted.

So I'm starting the final act of Diablo IV and I got to say... Its easiest the best story every in ARPG loot game and ranks pretty dann high in general.

My complaints remain the same, the mount should be given earlier in the game, I woukd say at the end of act 2, and act 3 is crazy long.

Helpful tip, if your weapons are more than ten levels out of date you really need to test giving them up for a newer one even if the affixes aren't perfect.

Is D4 as dumbed-down as D3 w/ the stats and skills stuff? Or is it somewhere b/t D3 (for noobs) and D2 (complex w/ numbers you can sink points into stats and skills)?

Never rubbed me right in D3, when they eliminated sinking number points into Base Stats and that you'd basically just learn a new skill every level without choice. It's like you couldn't have a unique build of your Character Class compared to someone else's, as they made it for really noobs so everybody was almost the same across the board.

It may just be me, but this was one of the worst E3-ish (Summer Game Fest now) times. I actually fell asleep during Capcom's presentation, and Ubisoft's was just horrible IMHO. I think Microsoft had the best one, and I'm including Sony's that happened first. Just a lot of underwhelming reveals to me. I think the indie stuff was good, although maybe a little too much as well. The PC game show was garbo. Also just sad for no Nintendo direct either. Just a lot of OK stuff, but nothing amazing.

I just watch the trailers or streamers reacting to the trailers with their viewers/chat. I do miss the yearly memes from the E3 craziness. I think people will regret losing the Ubisoft shows just for the hilarity.

It may just be me, but this was one of the worst E3-ish (Summer Game Fest now) times. I actually fell asleep during Capcom's presentation, and Ubisoft's was just horrible IMHO. I think Microsoft had the best one, and I'm including Sony's that happened first. Just a lot of underwhelming reveals to me. I think the indie stuff was good, although maybe a little too much as well. The PC game show was garbo. Also just sad for no Nintendo direct either. Just a lot of OK stuff, but nothing amazing.
Surprisingly I thought Ubisoft had a good show. Star Wars Outlaws looks amazing. Avatar looks fun even if it is Far Cry, the setting makes it interesting to me. AC Mirage also looked fun. I liked the old AC formula more than the Witcher clones.

From Microsoft I liked Starfield, Forza and Clockwork Revolution. Sony's show was just an hour long ad to get to Spider-Man 2 gameplay.

Just an aside, I'm disappointed in the Lies of P demo.

It's definitely taking portions of Bloodborne and Sekiro to make a new game, and I love the dark take on a fairy tale setting, but mechanically the game is off-putting.

It's definitely a parry based game over dodge in the very beginning, however mechanized spastic enemies make parry timing difficult to judge. It doesn't help that the parry window is absurdly small.

It has the Bloodborne trick of recovering partial lost health through attacking and perfect parries result in zero damage loss, or depending on weapon, an opening for a critical.

It has a Sekiro like stagger mechanic but no stagger gauge, so it's all more guess and hope.

The first boss is absurdly hard to dodge consistently, while going full parry/block had me beat it in one go.

The level design is like a cheap imitation of Bloodborne in terms of layout; the veneer is slick, but the bones are hollow and not very interesting.

I gave up somewhere after a cheap attack animation that had me fall off a ledge with an enemy, there isn't animation cancelling for dodging as far as I can tell.

Supposedly you unlock new skills, one of which is an improved dodge, but much like the maligned early version of The Witcher 3, you don't bury key mechanics in a skill up later that are fundamental to combat styles.

You have an interesting durability mechanic that feels like another meter to manage, but the flourishes on the animation make it satisfying, IMO. The gun arm mechanic is cool too, but there is ludonarritive dissonance since in one instance, the gun arm could punch down and iron door, but another several where a simple lock stops your progress.

So far it's on the "would buy it bundled or below $10" out of 10 right now. Perhaps they could tweak timings and make parrying more significant, while also adding the poise gauge on enemies.

But the level design is likely not getting fixed...

I recommend you try it just to see it as I think it's artistically interesting, but lots of little issues that show the cracks in the house Gepetto built...

Surprisingly I thought Ubisoft had a good show. Star Wars Outlaws looks amazing. Avatar looks fun even if it is Far Cry, the setting makes it interesting to me. AC Mirage also looked fun. I liked the old AC formula more than the Witcher clones.

From Microsoft I liked Starfield, Forza and Clockwork Revolution. Sony's show was just an hour long ad to get to Spider-Man 2 gameplay.
It's still Ubisoft, which means it'll be UPlay BS and a stupid number of bad microtransactions to deal with. It'll mean updating their app which subsequently will break games (like it did with Anno) for the Steam Deck.

In the end, Ubisoft can't get out of its own way enough for me to be excited. But it shows promise.

I thought MS has a pretty solid showing but my biggest disappointment was Avowed. I recently finished Pillars of Eternity 1/2 and had high hopes for that one but it looked like crap. PoE has such a lovely aesthetic but Avowed looked like some glossy kitsch I'd expect from a mobile title. Not good!

I'm doing a second playthrough of Cyberpunk this time as a female V. That DLC announcement got me hyped. This game is so good after all the updates.

I'm doing a second playthrough of Cyberpunk this time as a female V. That DLC announcement got me hyped. This game is so good after all the updates.
Would you suggest PS5 or PC? I own the PS4 disc version when it was constantly $10. Now I built an uber gaming PC though haven't even opened my PS4 copy yet to do the PS5 digital upgrade.

Would you suggest PS5 or PC? I own the PS4 disc version when it was constantly $10. Now I built an uber gaming PC though haven't even opened my PS4 copy yet to do the PS5 digital upgrade.
PC for sure. Both versions look great but the PC version is noticeably more detailed and clean.

Tried Lies of P for the parry. It's sort of weird. The timing is a little delayed from most other games, which would just take time to get used to. But it's so unsatisfying when you succeed. It reminds me of parrying in Dark Cloud, where if you succeed, you have like no frame advantage.

When there were two enemies attacking me, the iframes wore off so fast I had to run back and not be able to get a hit in the from parrying. It's... odd.

Anyone have any experience playing Assetto Corsa with a controller? I know everyone recommends a sim setup, but I just want to drive some cars for fun without turning my desk into an automobile.

Ghostwire: Tokyo.

Took me a little over 27 hours or so, but I did yesterday finish-up Ghostwire: Tokyo. I really enjoyed it, when it was all said and done. It never felt overly long, in terms of say talking story-wise, Lore-wise and character-wise. That stuff never felt like it slipped; it always kept me engaged and interested. The really fun finger-guns for combat & shooting (magic/elements/spells); the floating & flying; the cool investigations stuff; the horror elements; really good Japanese voice-acting; the excellent graphics; side-missions; a modern-day Tokyo setting; and the weirdness & off-kilter factor of most of the game was certainly more than enough to keep me going this entire playthrough. And this is all even despite the here-and-there performance issues (i.e. Shader Stutter and Traversal Stutters Problem) and some of the open-world standard type of stuff that this game still had going, which still wasn't enough to stop me from playing. Regardless, it was pretty good and I really liked it - and it's an easy recommendation, especially since it's in the $12 Humble Choice.

bread's done
Back