Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
UbiSoft has been suspending inactive accounts & disabling game-access for UPLAY/UbiSoft Connect users that haven't used their service in 30 Days:

Eurogamer on this - https://www.eurogamer.net/ubisoft-is-suspending-inactive-accounts-disabling-access-to-game-libraries

From UbiSoft's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/1682046437834784768
Really seems unjustifiable when there's active duty military that won't know about this till way down the line. - Among billions of other reasons.

Really seems unjustifiable when there's active duty military that won't know about this till way down the line. - Among billions of other reasons.
That's definitely a reason!

But the most obvious one is: you "bought" a game and spent money there. Ubi shouldn't delete accounts. It's on them to come up w/ more space, more servers, and/or whatever for their players that they are servicing & serving.

More reasons games after the end of a game's DLC/expansion run and final patch run and often when they're super-cheap in sales - I think they should get their DRM, client-app requirements, activation nonsense, and anything else of that sort pulled; especially on the single-player portion of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
30 days? That's absurd. 3 years might be somewhat justifiable.
Even 3 years is silly.

If I bought an old-school UbiSoft game not tied to a service at all like say Beyond Good and Evil on disc from retail box - hey, guess what? It's mine for good, all provided I take care of the CD/DVD...and don't get rid of it, sell it, lose it, whatever.

As long as they are in business and I want to keep my account w/ them - they should be fine w/ servicing me. It's on them to keep servers up, Cloud Save support, and let my account be on their servers.

GOG recently had an outage w/ their servers and many have had problem w/ downloading games, updating games, and/or things of that sort - is this what it's gonna take to wake up people to the pitfalls of DRM'd services and them (Corporations) having too much control?

EDIT - At least w/ GOG - if you already downloaded your game and installer files and you're doing the offline single-player portion, you can just play. No need for Galaxy.

Another great example of why all-digital is shit.

Steam is one of, if not the only service (library) that I consider safe.  You don't own any of your own stuff.  And service companies can take it all away if something as simple as someone stealing your login happens.

It's even predatory that so many of them get you to commit under cheap possibilities and then 'up the ante' later with prohibitive costs.  Make you sign additional, amended EULAs, or sell your info.  Also, anyone could acquire anyone.

Another great example of why all-digital is shit.

Steam is one of, if not the only service (library) that I consider safe. You don't own any of your own stuff. And service companies can take it all away if something as simple as someone stealing your login happens.

It's even predatory that so many of them get you to commit under cheap possibilities and then 'up the ante' later with prohibitive costs. Make you sign additional, amended EULAs, or sell your info. Also, anyone can acquire anyone.
Does it count as an UbiSoft Connect (UC) log-in if you have a Steam-version of one of Ubi's titles that also requires UC?

We also have to keep praying Gabe doesn't sell to EA, Activision, Microsoft, or whomever else anytime soon. On that front - so far, so good.

Gabe is 60 and has been obese most of(all?) his life. If he lives to see 70-75 consider us all lucky because I am sure he is the only reason it hasn't already been sold.

All I know is I have a list of all the games I "own" on places like Steam and if it ever is gone I'll have no qualms about getting the games another way.

Gabe is 60 and has been obese most of(all?) his life. If he lives to see 70-75 consider us all lucky because I am sure he is the only reason it hasn't already been sold.
Valvs has been spending money on research and development for neuro interfaces with gaming. Which means they will most likely upload his consciousness to Steam before he passes.

That's kind of a rage bait story about Ubisoft accounts. That TOS update has been in there since around 2021 and people lost their shit about it then.

Clarification from Ubisoft via PC Gamer confirm that accounts with purchased PC games are not eligible for deactivation. They have never deactivated any account that has been inactive for less than four years. Apparently, it's a disclaimer that allows them to maintain their databases and clear them of accounts with no purchases and long periods of inactivity.

That's kind of a rage bait story about Ubisoft accounts. That TOS update has been in there since around 2021 and people lost their shit about it then.

Clarification from Ubisoft via PC Gamer confirm that accounts with purchased PC games are not eligible for deactivation. They have never deactivated any account that has been inactive for less than four years. Apparently, it's a disclaimer that allows them to maintain their databases and clear them of accounts with no purchases and long periods of inactivity.
Wait are you saying that people on the internet lose their shit over things that they don't know all of the details about or understand? I'm shocked.

We also have to keep praying Gabe doesn't sell to EA, Activision, Microsoft, or whomever else anytime soon. On that front - so far, so good.
ebSjYsj.png

I've been waiting to reuse this for three years.

I have the Nurses on switch cartridge as well. I think I'm grabbing 3 from this bundle: both Yumeutsutsu games and then Corpse Factory. I would caution people against Our World though. I played it close to launch because it marketed itself after Steins;Gate, my favorite VN. Our World is nothing close to S;G as it is both terrible writing and way too pointlessly long. It's the worst VN I've ever played.
It's also pretty pedo-y from the mentions, reviews, screenshots and vids I've seen. Not sure who that was for. It's been dirt cheap likely for a reason.

That's a bummer. I really liked the first game. Never got around to getting the season pass, but the game was very enjoyable.
As I recall I enjoyed the first and third expansions, but don't remember the second one... it did change a couple of things in my playthrough. I have issues with Ubi games in general as I tend to go in a direction and then clear that direction before going somewhere else.

Capcom's Fighting Summer Pack (Complete A Bundle) is on sale.

I own 3 of 4 items in there, so I see it discounted for $13.19.

I only am missing Capcom Fighting Collection, so...how's Capcom Fighting Collection?

Here's what's in Capcom Fighting Collection:

Included game titles (Japanese and English versions selectable for most titles *1)
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers’ Revenge
Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness
Red Earth

Worth it for Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo alone. Then again, you can also just purchase it as $2 dlc for Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium like most of these games. I think Red Earth may be the only game exclusive to the Fighting Collection. They go on sale for a dollar each somewhat often.  I think the Fighting Collection releases include online play but I find it hard to imagine anyone's still playing these online.

Worth it for Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo alone. Then again, you can also just purchase it as $2 dlc for Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium like most of these games. I think Red Earth may be the only game exclusive to the Fighting Collection. They go on sale for a dollar each somewhat often. I think the Fighting Collection releases include online play but I find it hard to imagine anyone's still playing these online.
I also don't see Hyper Street Fighter 2: Anniversary Edition in the Arcade 2nd Stadium, oddly. And that looks similar to that MK Trilogy (final version of Ultimate MK3 with even more extra content, new moves for new versions of fighters, older versions of all fighters from every version of MK1-3, etc) where you got all the old versions of Fighters from all previous editions of SF2 besides the newest versions (at that time).

GamesPlanet - Summer Sale for Sunday 07-30-2023.

Summer Sale:

Big Summer Sale - https://us.gamesplanet.com/

Flash Deals - https://us.gamesplanet.com/promo/summersale#flashdeals

Looks like a lot of returning Flash Deals here, such as MHR (Yes!).

Highlighted Deals:

All Steam keys, unless otherwise stated.

-> Monster Hunter Rise (base-game) = $11.99

-> Gotham Knights = $11.99

-> Tales of Arise = $16.99.

-> Wolfenstein: Youngblood - Regular = $5.75 // Deluxe (with Buddy Pass) = $7.10.

-> Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One - Choice of Steam or GOG key -> Base-Game = $11.99 

-> Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One - Choice of Steam or GOG key -> Deluxe (Base Game & Season Pass) = $14.99

Free Steam keys:

Runestone Keeper - RXWP9-8HXTN-HRB70

We Were Here Together - LYBQ2-XJV7K-D9JBG

Insurgency - CDPYG-XDWR2-HHXAQ

Contagion - 8HWNX-209YI-V6JYZ

Super Meat Boy - FL0HW-5ZCPT-D8CT6

Between the Stars - JX0ZM-MFVG0-RTT5H

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom - 939CJ-FCK9I-HVMGF

Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery - GFYBW-X3Q8T-J4DC0

Grim Legends 3: The Dark City - JIMYP-3MI4A-J49GB

Prison Architect - ALXCY-QG6F5-0528H

Free Steam keys:

Runestone Keeper - RXWP9-8HXTN-HRB70

We Were Here Together - LYBQ2-XJV7K-D9JBG

Insurgency - CDPYG-XDWR2-HHXAQ

Contagion - 8HWNX-209YI-V6JYZ

Super Meat Boy - FL0HW-5ZCPT-D8CT6

Between the Stars - JX0ZM-MFVG0-RTT5H

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom - 939CJ-FCK9I-HVMGF

Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery - GFYBW-X3Q8T-J4DC0

Grim Legends 3: The Dark City - JIMYP-3MI4A-J49GB

Prison Architect - ALXCY-QG6F5-0528H
Thanks I got Insurgency. Looks like SMB was already redeemed. Didn't try the rest.

For curiosity sake and to thin the backlog I tried that old Rise of the Triad 2013 remake and well it wasn't very good. I got it ages ago in a bundle I believe and frankly it's not very good. When I'd rather be playing something like Duke Nukem Forever (which was super average) something is wrong with the game.

First of all the graphics are fine enough, as are the sounds and music. It's all fine enough and good enough for the time. The controls are a bit wonky for jumping and jump pads (not fun). This is more apparent when you have to dodge blade spinning wooden block things.

What sucks the most other than the level layouts (not good and can be confusing to navigate) is the enemy AI. They are bullet sponges and you generally have only 2 main weapons an SMG I believe, pistols and a swappable third weapon usually taken by explosive weapons like rocket launchers. It's pretty boring honestly, and the enemies can hit you from anywhere. They don't miss and your HP goes down very quickly. You have to hit them from afar to survive. Most of the time you're shooting everything with the SMG, although I generally used explosive weapons when opening a new door. You move slowly and pick off guys one at a time, because if you go out in the open the enemies never miss and you will die. The difficulty is just trash, and I was playing on normal I believe.

What really caused me to totally say the game sucks and made me angry was a maze of those spinning blade wooden things. I kept dying over and over as they did a lot of damage and movement is super floaty. After that sixth death I was done with this. It was already not feeling fun anyway and I was just trying to beat the first episode. I also hated that there was only a quick save you couldn't have multiple saves. Also not having enough weapons shows the age of when it came out.

This game isn't very good, and wasn't very good back then either. It feels so floaty, your health melts from enemies hitting you from all angles at all elevations and it just doesn't feel that fun. I wanted to play it to completion, but I'm done and will wait for the remaster of the original to be bundled to check out the original again. 5.5/10

I've been playing Honkai Star Rail and really enjoy it. The gambling is real, as always, but the overall polish is superb. The first major boss fight was a rush!

I've been playing Honkai Star Rail and really enjoy it. The gambling is real, as always, but the overall polish is superb. The first major boss fight was a rush!
I finished the story content myself, which was okay, but the gacha elements are in my face now with just about no quests daily and just grinds for materials/equip/whatever. It held my attention for a while, but I think I want to focus on games that more respect my time, or I get something more out of. It is a very clean F2P game that eventually devolves into gacha paradise with energy requirements for good things and and doing weekly/daily stuff while trying to get perfect stats for something. Not bad I did give it a 7/10 (good enough in my ratings), but I still feel it's a bigger time waste than normal games. After the first boss I suspect you have about another 15-20 hours of content for now (quality content not grinding paradise). Enjoy it while you can, and it is MUCH better than usual gacha garbage, but nonetheless is gacha.

Everything game wise for me is Baldur's Gate 3 for the next month I think.
I'm really torn on if I should purchase it now or wait awhile. The original baldurs gate games are some of my all time favorites, but I don't think this one will have much in common with them. I did play solasta on game pass awhile back and enjoyed it but turn based combat gets old after awhile.

Decisions, decisions...

bread's done
Back