Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm really torn on if I should purchase it now or wait awhile. The original baldurs gate games are some of my all time favorites, but I don't think this one will have much in common with them. I did play solasta on game pass awhile back and enjoyed it but turn based combat gets old after awhile.

Decisions, decisions...
Well, anyone who got it in Early Access gets the Deluxe stuff free... soooooooooo that'll cost like $20 more at launch

For anyone considering Final Vendetta in one of the current fanatical bundles, $5 is a bit much for the amount of content. It's ok, but very short at around 30 minutes unless you play the harder difficulties with not many lives. It's similar to Final Fight and the old Streets of Rage games. The animations and soundtrack are fine, but weapon variety is more limited than some other games of the genre and there are still palette-swapped enemies.

Last edited:
I finished the story content myself, which was okay, but the gacha elements are in my face now with just about no quests daily and just grinds for materials/equip/whatever. It held my attention for a while, but I think I want to focus on games that more respect my time, or I get something more out of. It is a very clean F2P game that eventually devolves into gacha paradise with energy requirements for good things and and doing weekly/daily stuff while trying to get perfect stats for something. Not bad I did give it a 7/10 (good enough in my ratings), but I still feel it's a bigger time waste than normal games. After the first boss I suspect you have about another 15-20 hours of content for now (quality content not grinding paradise). Enjoy it while you can, and it is MUCH better than usual gacha garbage, but nonetheless is gacha.
I'm just in it for the major content. I don't mind poking at it for dailies or something to grind while watching YouTube on the second monitor.

I'll build out my characters to be ready for the next storyline content but I've talked myself out of paying for anything since there's nothing that feels like significant value for your dollars.

It's a shame as I think it could stand alone as an early access JRPG for $$.

Fantasian, the exclusive Apple Arcade Hironobu Sakaguchi game showed up in the SteamDB. Sounds like it might be coming to Steam.

Don't sleep on the Bloons! It looks like a colorful kids game, but it's a surprisingly competent TD. It's got an incredible amount of content and they keep adding more free stuff. Dailies, weekly games, quests, it's impressive.

Also, when you open the game and see Monkey Money... don't panic. I haven't paid a cent more than the cost of the game. You earn in-game currency for playing. Anything that's not easily obtainable through play is simply cosmetic extras.

Any thoughts on Granblue Fantasy Versus Legendary Edition for $9.99 on Steam? Seems like a decent deal, even though I have the base game on PS+. Worth it?

At a glance, all the DLC is additional characters, and even at the current sale prices of 70% off, they cost over $24 total buying them piecemeal. I can’t tell you anything about the online community between the two platforms. I seem to recall the base game not having a large roster, to the point where one of the two potential main characters for Granblue Fantasy (Djeeta) is DLC, which is possibly the worst state I’ve ever seen a fighter’s launch roster in.

While this is a historical low, ArcSys games do tend to go very cheap eventually. Then again, since this wasn’t published by ArcSys, I’m not sure what sort of trajectory to expect from here.

QuakeCon Sales:

-> Steam = https://store.steampowered.com/developer/bethesda/sale/quakecon2023

-> GOG = https://www.gog.com/en/promo/2023_quakecon

-> Humble Bundle = https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/quakecon-sale-2023/

-> Green Man Gaming = https://www.greenmangaming.com/sale/quakecon/

-> WinGameStore = https://www.wingamestore.com/showcase/Bethesda-Quakecon-Sale/

-> Fanatical = https://www.fanatical.com/en/publishers/bethesda-softworks

-> Gamersgate = https://www.gamersgate.com/games/bethesda-softworks/?sort=alphabetically&per_page=90

-> IndieGala = https://www.indiegala.com/store/publisher-sale/bethesda

EDIT:

Over on Steam.

Not sure how much you guys own on Steam, but I do see Complete-A-Bundles & discounts for already owning whatever in the bundle.

Quake Bundlehttps://store.steampowered.com/bundle/27500/Quake_Collection_Bundle/

-> I see it as $3.70, as I'm only missing Quake 4 on Steam.

Doom Bundle https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15366/DOOM_Franchise_Bundle/

-> Don't see the discounted price, though; own it all on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts on Granblue Fantasy Versus Legendary Edition for $9.99 on Steam? Seems like a decent deal, even though I have the base game on PS+. Worth it?
There is a newer version coming this year. Likely will have this stuff plus more. This version does have some story RPG single player mode though, but I haven't tried it yet.

liquid-pour.gif

giphy.gif

I really got to stop buying these stupid Fanatical bundles.

Shred! 2 - ft Sam Pilgrim
HWQNF-5JRR8-AXMRF

Blood Bowl 2
0PQ7B-R2JYQ-B526Q

Wayout
76BKH-KW2ZJ-WNN9R

Autonauts
YPNQT-R7F3F-TH4EF

Through the Woods
VI2KK-H8TQY-6IM3G

Among the Sleep - Enhanced Edition
8H52V-EGDD3-6YT3Z

Jack Move
Z6PB9-KCFKR-KQFAQ

Lost Words: Beyond the Page
AI0W9-YQ6W2-PP82E

The Darkside Detective: A Fumble in the Dark
W76P3-AT46P-IIK0N

Stick it to The Man!
Q8Z3C-MYCCX-QR872

Animal Rescuer
VJW6D-E6QQT-2XXAT

Iron Fisticle
2J9VG-3WY4J-YH298

Blazing Chrome
QE86J-0A73Z-Q54LY

Hero of the Kingdom II
AZR50-F3H8I-0D864

Blue Estate The Game
4PCCN-852FG-CD0V6

Wayout 2: Hex
XJ4NP-B0ELV-LG5ZM

Trolley Problem Inc.
EHKXB-C3NA8-XQ5P6

XLarn
RYFZH-PI6Z9-YZWGP

I am not a Monster: First Contact
8HKHE-YP2QB-C4H3A

If anyone doesn’t want their Quake 4 from Amazon tomorrow I’d definitely put em to good use.

Edit: I was able to get one, thanks CAG community.

Sorry, no I mean are they free somewhere?

I wasn't trying to be a dick.
If you have an active Amazon Prime account you can get free things through Twitch. Usually it's little bits of DLC for games, but sometimes they give away games for free too. And right now they're giving away Quake 4 (GOG key) and Farming Simulator 2019 (EGS key) if you have Amazon Prime.

Quake II: Enhanced.

Quake II: Enhanced released on Steam, GOG, Epic, and probably elsewhere too.

-> Steam = https://store.steampowered.com/app/2320/Quake_II/

-> GOG = https://www.gog.com/en/game/quake_ii_quad_damage

-> Epic = https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/quake-ii

NOTES:
-> Q2: Enhanced is free for owners of the game on their respective platforms where they own it already.
-> Quake II: Enhanced includes all of the old Q2 expansions: The Reckoning and Ground Zero.
-> New Campaign added by MachineGames called "Call of the Machine" here in Q2: Enhanced.
-> Quake II: 64 has also been added to Quake II: Enhanced.
-> Support for Local Multiplayer and Co-Op.
-> Crossplay is also supported.
-> Support up to 4K here with enhanced textures, improved enemy animations & gore, widescreen support, restored AI behaviors...
-> ...enhanced cinematics, dynamic & colored lighting, anti-aliasing, depth of field....
-> The original, heavy rock soundtrack by Sonic Mayhem, and more... 

Hmm, I'm not seeing Quake4 on the prime gaming page. FS19 is on epic, which was free last year or so.
Looks like they decided against it. They even mentioned it on the stream with a link but I just checked again and it looks like they removed that blip lol

Sorry, no I mean are they free somewhere?

I wasn't trying to be a dick.
My apologies for misunderstanding your tone. That's a bummer about them not giving away Quake 4 but Amazon sucks now anyways. At least I got Quake 2 remastered for free today, totally forgot I owned that.

Quake II: Enhanced.

The new Quake II Remaster is out on Steam, GOG, and Epic; it's awesome and must be played. I loved this boomer-FPS game back in the day and still think it's one of the best shooters of all time. But this version is just flat-out even better, in many ways - with Accessibility features and more features than you can probably think of. I'll do some real opinion & impressions when I play more, but...it freakin' rocks.

When companies like 2K & Rockstar want to sell you the same exact game & charge you $50 for it, just to have it on a newer platform in which that "conversion" sounds like not much has changed to be worth that kind of $ (i.e. go see Red Dead Redemption 1 for Switch & PS4) - well, here we got companies like Id Software & Nightdive bringing the classics back, remastering the classics properly. Not only that, but it's completely free to owners of the original Quake II game on whatever respective digital store. They (Nightdive and Id Software) have added in new content (new episode here from MachineGames), classic & rare additional content (Quake II 64 is here, which never was on the PC properly & officially before) to this Q2 Package, and there's other cool extras are in there (such as they scanned real documents and art from when they were Making Q2 back then) too.

We also have all kinds of new graphics bells & whistles, fixed the old awesome music soundtrack here, new content, improved AI to enemies, added a compass that you can signal w/ the push of a key (or two) to point gamers in the right direction that need it, sub-titles for the cinematic scenes, and more.

This just feels like a love letter to Quake II so far....and I couldn't be happier with what I've seen so far.

In honor of possibly playing 30XX (came out recently) I went back and played 20XX again. I actually beat the game after 9 hours and 12 minutes. Here is a mini review.

To start off this game is a 2D roguelite Mega Man/Zero like platformer with randomized stages (nothing too amazing) and upgrades in the form of stats, pieces of equipment and relics. The game starts you on a random stage and you must play it to completion. In stages are boxes/chests which contain power ups/relics and bolts, which are money. You want to rush through the stage as every stage has a speed bonus which gives power ups, relics and bolts. At the end of the stage you fight the boss and like Mega Man they have weakness to one of your attacks. After you kill them you get power ups, a relic and bolts. Then you go to the next screen and you can get their power, bolts or a relic. Some attacks are not as useful to me, and sometimes you get nice relics or need bolts as well. Afterwards you choose 1 of 3 enemies and go and do their stage and go on until they're all done or you die. If you make it you have 2 more stages that are tough and have tough bosses at the end.

As you go on the bosses you choose near the end of the playthrough have stronger attacks and more life. You may want to choose harder bosses first, or wait till you have a weakness weapon for a boss. The game also has challenge rooms in stages in a red helmet door, and if you pass them you get equipment with very strong passive or active abilities. It is random, so it's best to do these unless you have very little health.

The music and sounds are quite good. They sound like a proper Mega Man game being the music is chiptune. The graphics are not as good and look almost flash game like especially for the character models. Honestly it doesn't bother me, but you can tell it's an indie game. Everything animates okay, which is likely what's most important. I also have to mention that you really need a controller. It recommends the Xbox One controller, and I recommend the Series X one myself. I wouldn't play this game with keyboard controls only. It's way too twitchy.

While the game totes itself as an infinitely replayable Mega Man/Zero type game, you will get bored. The random generation of levels kind of doesn't excite as much and generally gives similar levels on replays. They always have something like maybe certain enemies or obstacles like teleporters in one of the stages. I also don't feel the gameplay is super engaging, but it's still a very decent game.  The last 2 levels are overall CHEAP as they throw so many obstacles and enemies just to drain your life. It's meant for you to die there often I'm guessing, which Is why I recommend attack and health for the stats. You also have power damage (the attacks from bosses), but these drain fast enough that it's likely better to use them only when you need it. You also can charge your main weapon, but it's generally better to tap as fast as you can. The items themselves you collect are a bit boring, but it's not terrible. At least everything is easy to understand. Overall I give this is an average grade of 6.5/10. It wont amaze you for long, but is always worth it bundled. I've heard 30XX is very similar except with better gameplay, better co-op, better graphics and just more to do. I may hold off on it because I got my feel of that genre with this game, but overall I'd probably recommend getting the newer game.

Little out of nowhere, but has anyone here ever gotten an invite to be an Amazon Vine reviewer before? Is there a catch I'm not seeing in the fine print?

Like I don't really write Amazon reviews all that often, so I'm pretty surprised I got the email, to be honest.

Little out of nowhere, but has anyone here ever gotten an invite to be an Amazon Vine reviewer before? Is there a catch I'm not seeing in the fine print?

Like I don't really write Amazon reviews all that often, so I'm pretty surprised I got the email, to be honest.
I was invited at the beginning of April this year. The only real catch is that US reviewers have to pay taxes on the items received. Amazon will send us a 1099 at the end of the year and we have to report it as income (which is BS).

I had only done like 5 reviews prior to the invite and only one had received multiple helpful votes. And that was a funny review for when Amazon had (accidentally) posted a few AGS games up for a few cents.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

bread's done
Back