Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
sakura-matou-sakura.gif

Baldur-s-Gate-deal-1.png

[Sadness of BG3 never getting price-drops ever post]

sakura-matou-sakura.gif

Baldur-s-Gate-deal-1.png
Yeah, this one likely ain't droppin' anytime soon. People buying at full price and it never had price-drops, even while in Early Access/In Development.

I guess I'll have to go play Divinity 1: OS in the meantime finally...and maybe grab OS2 at some, if that ever goes on sale again, thanks to BG3 doing crazy numbers.

I hope not, but - ugh, we could see another Elden Ring did to From Software's Souls-like, where BG3 causes all other turn-based CRPG's from Larian (Divinity: Original Sin series) to likely barely go on sale again for a long while. I hope I'm wrong here. Ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never felt as much FOMO for a game like I do Baldurs Gate 3. Everyone is calling it one of the best games ever and here I am with no interest in that combat system even though everything else looks incredible. I watch people play it and I'm blown away by the story, cutscenes, voice acting, dialogue options. Like why can't Bioware do that anymore? 

Never felt as much FOMO for a game like I do Baldurs Gate 3. Everyone is calling it one of the best games ever and here I am with no interest in that combat system even though everything else looks incredible. I watch people play it and I'm blown away by the story, cutscenes, voice acting, dialogue options. Like why can't Bioware do that anymore?
mIS1SR.gif

EDIT:

Do you own Divinity: Original Sin 1 and 2 on Steam or GOG? I'd guess those are similar to BG3, since those also do the turn-based combat thing and strong-story thing, even if those don't use DnD rules.

Larian's stuff always had really good character development stuff and story-stuff, since Divine Divinity - though, keep in mind...Divine Divinity (solo-style ARPG/CRPG mix), Beyond Div (2-person party strategic-CRPG/ARPG mix), and Div 2: ED/DKS/DC are much different games than say Div: OS1+2 (turn-based CRPG).

That's probably my plan w/ all this BG3 hype-train - finally go play Divinity: Original Sin 1 (since I got that backlogged for like forever) and eventually buy D:OS2.

Over spring and summer I finally got around to playing Divinity Original Sin 1/2 and Pillars of Eternity 1/2. I liked all four games but I definitely preferred D:OS. The writing and tone was more fun and engaging, and I'm glad to see that carried over into BG3. I picked up BG3 last week and it is great. I've spent the last several days aimlessly wandering around underground and I'm have an amazing time doing it.

Over spring and summer I finally got around to playing Divinity Original Sin 1/2 and Pillars of Eternity 1/2. I liked all four games but I definitely preferred D:OS. The writing and tone was more fun and engaging, and I'm glad to see that carried over into BG3. I picked up BG3 last week and it is great. I've spent the last several days aimlessly wandering around underground and I'm have an amazing time doing it.
I don't typically like games like BG3 but I took a chance and bought it. I'm 49 and this is hands down the best game I've ever played. I cannot get over how good it is. Thanks for recommendations on others to try (Divinity and POE). I'll get those when they're on sale.

Did you have sex with the bear yet? (no, not MysterD's mom....)

I know BG3 is the in thing, and I feel it wont get a good discount for a long while too. This isn't a somewhat failure such as a Marvel Midnight Suns or something like that.

I will probably attempt to just play through the BG series again, although I never did finish the second part of BG2 ages ago (The Throne of Bahl or whatever it was called). Hopefully by the time I'm done BG3 will be on sale. It is never a bad thing to buy games on release if you'll likely play them soon. I'm very known to buy too many VNs, and I do get burnt out, but I'm enjoying going through stuff in the backlog too.

Also if a game is similar to BG3, such as when I played 20XX before thinking about buying 30XX, that can also take your time.

Frankly I'm just glad to see a pretty clean released not microtransaction laden game that is good for singe player gamers. I'll get to BG3 eventually, and hopefully by then I'll get 30% off or something. Just wont be for a while, or if I make it through BG 1 and 2 and still want more BG haha.

Also look forward to some mini impressions/reviews for Tales & Tactics (I pre-ordered this after the fun Steam Fest demo), White Album 1 (starting this week), checking out The Last Flame demo (a highly regarded by some auto battler), and others I try hopefully helping others.

POE 1/2 are just tremendous games of their genre. DOS 1/2 just happen to be among my favorites of all time, especially DOS 2. If anyone wanted to try one of those four games, that's the one I'd suggest.

Speaking of sequels, I was surprised I didn't see much talk about the newly announced Titan Quest 2. Grimoire, the Spellforce 3 devs are doing this one. I know TQ is pretty well loved and the genre is red-hot with Diablo IV and all.

The Last Flame Demo Impressions:

This is an auto battler where you can have up to five heroes on the field and try to take down enemies level by level in a Slay the Spire like map movement system. Heroes are a bit more broad than some auto battler games and can be different types of mages/tanks/attackers/ranged attackers and supports. You likely want synergy with your team such as doing lots of critical hits or causing bleeding on enemies. After battles you can get various things which usually equals energy, money, items (characters can use equipment), artifacts (passive strong effects usually), and heroes. You also get trophies, which you click on to use to level up your characters faster. At levels 2 and 4 they can strong passive effects from two, while level 3 and other levels gets stat ups, of which you choose from four. There is placement of characters at the start of the fight, otherwise it's all automatic. You also gather 2 parts of equipment a main and sub component, which can be combined to a more powerful equipment at the forge between fights. I don't believe this costs money, which is mainly for the shop which sells both sets of equipment and heroes. Overall it's solid although it's very hard to read all the skills/abilities/buffs & debuffs/enemy attacks triggering in battle. It's much easier to keep track of HP and shields.

The graphics in this one are not super amazing, but I love the details in animations. They give off a very generic fantasy vibe, but overall I like them. The sound and music are also a bit generic, but never grating at least. Overall it's very indie, but also very decent. The UI deserves a mention as it doesn't feel that good. It almost feels mobile like with pop ups not going away easily, usually having to right click farther away from it, and basic graphics in menus. I feel it could be polished, but it's not a major hinderance.

Overall I feel this will be a very decent auto battler game. I'm not sure of the mass longevity of it, but I believe it will have plenty of heroes, equipment, relics and skills to be varied enough to play often. The runs are very quick (I beat the 2nd level on this one triggering the demo end screen). I don't think it's the best one, but I will buy it on release for sure. 7/10

Speaking of sequels, I was surprised I didn't see much talk about the newly announced Titan Quest 2. Grimoire, the Spellforce 3 devs are doing this one. I know TQ is pretty well loved and the genre is red-hot with Diablo IV and all.
Yeah, but....let's be cautious about TQ2. Is TQ2 being developed by members of that masterful OG crew of Iron Lore and Brian Sullivan that made OG TQ and Immortal Throne expansion here?

EDIT - IIRC, a good deal of those guys from Iron Lore (RIP to that studio) formed Crate Entertainment and made Grim Dawn.

Zero real reason to beat your head against BG1 and 2 honestly... it's nigh impossible given the game evolutions that have developed since those 2 dropped
Maybe it's just the nostalgia, but I'm working my way through bg2 right now and it's still great. Great settings, characters, combat, everything. I have to brush up on what some of the rules are and how they work (like ac, thac0, some spells) but that's not too bad. You definitely can tell you're playing a couple decades old game but everything still works and flows very well.

I have 300 hours into D:OS2. Play that if you want a cheaper BG3...

Otherwise, I've only had about 5 hours in BG3 due to work. Still poking at Honkai Star Rail due to being on the phone, as well. It's a really good story, all things considered.

Honestly, I recently re-re-restarted Divinity Original Sin, and it got me more inclined to buy BG3 to play co-op with some friends. They are both solid games and definitely easier for me to get into than BG1 OR 2 ever were. Already added DOS2 to my wishlist, and will grab it next sale.

I tried playing most of Act 1 nice.. then restarted a murder hobo... and killed everything living thus far.  Couple of the Dark Urge's made me flinch (poor Timber) but otherwise...

30XX mini impressions after 93 minutes.

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I think I prefer 20XX to 30XX. There is no doubt the stages are bigger, there are more powerups and different play with the boss powers, but some of the complications aren't too great. I  feel bolts are dropped a lot less (the currency of the game), so I rarely have money for bolt houses. The levels are bigger, but in doing that for some reason everything else feels smaller. I think the game might be a bit too zoomed out as the character and enemies look and feel small. Also the game is just slower period. Everything feels more weighty, but I felt the older 20XX felt more like the quicker Mega Man X. This makes it harder to dodge bullets and attacks. I do like that this game auto charges to help deal more damage and allow you to keep the dash button ready at all times. The music is still good. The challenge stages are OK enough and the rewards you get can be of 3 levels depending on if you pass the qualifications. If you complete it you get the bronze stuff anyway. Instead of permanent unlocks in items, you have passives, even though maybe you do unlock items later. I also feel the unlock stuff is kind of highly priced, so you will need to grind to get HP/Energy up and get nice bonuses such as merchants and rerolls. I'm just not feeling this as much. It does feel much harder than 20XX did, but that mainly comes at the clunkier controls and not as well used graphics. I would also say bosses and mini bosses are more bullet sponges, taking a decent amount of time to kill. I thought the original 20XX got too HP spongey in the last 2 non boss stages only.  I would rate this one currently under 20XX at about a 6/10 and am seriously thinking of refunding. Just not very impressed at all, and I just wanted a cleaner and more complete 20XX.

Also been wanting to try Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak, but it always had too high a sales price for me. For free I'm a tiny bit excited at least.

Edit: Refunded and waiting for a bundle or extremely cheap to get 30XX again.

Demo Dump™

Eldrimar - Low budget, slog first person RPG; prob using AI art, as well
Kristala - Low budget Dark Souls, but with furries
Fear Underground - Crawling in my skin, this demo is surreal... but really, meh?
Jagged Alliance 3 - Played a short bit, because these can be long demos... I liked what I saw
Rising Spire - Bog standard JRPG, I don't like the art style nor the UI/presentation
The Book of Warriors - has the feel of a flash game almost, no thanks
Toads of the Bayou - I want this game to be good; the card art is the greatest part... biased, I want to love it
Looper Tactics - Potentially interesting card game, but demo is only partially translated from Chinese
Elsie - Very floatie Dead Cells styled roguelike; the aesthetic is very poorly executed
CD 2: Trap Master: CD...eez nutz! But really, could be interesting, but looks bad and sounds worse
Esoteric Ebb: Planescape~ish fantasy meets Disco Elysium, wishlisted for pretty good writing, IMO
IAH: INTERNET WAR: Seems very interesting, but likely too smart for me?
Dragon Loop: If this was an XBLA release in 2006, it would be an indie darling
Microcivilizations: A semi-idle/clicker civ game, it's cute
Bugaboo Pocket: Very cute, but its pretty threadbare on actual gameplay
Touhou Hero of Ice Fairy: It's hard, but likely good, but but I suck
Wraithbinder: A small time "Hades-like" but with just action, no story; unstable for me
Balance 100: A quirky puzzle/skill game that uses two hands, controlled by keyboard keys, to perform tasks
Sushi for Robots: A quirky, "programming-esque" puzzle game about matching the right sushi to the right robot
Cardbob Revival: Better left for dead
An Ankou: Neat survivor title, but the crafting makes it incredibly tedious and frustrating
Trophy Knight: Cute little 2D platforming action game in a dungeon; not self serious
Videoverse: A nicer Hypnospace Outlaw that has chill vibes
Chase Survivors: RE1 meets Vampire Survivors... it stinks
Tanasurga: Yet another game that's "Flash" level quality
Mech Engineer: It's Dwarf Fortress, but with mechs in a post-apoc wasteland; has merits, but its learning curve is vertical

Overall, not a great lot.  Jagged Alliance 3 is pretty obvious and known by most.   Videoverse is more an interactive novel than game.  Otherwise, just a bunch of stuff I'm clearing out before going in deep on Baldur's Gate 3 and prior to the upcoming NextFest.

Tales And Tactics Early Access review after 3 hours and 36 minutes and 3 wins 1 loss.

This is a roguelike auto battling game. Pretty much each creature has two attributes that when you go more of said attribute you unlock abilities. Creatures go from level one to five, with higher levels having better stats and stronger percentages to their abilities. To get higher levels you can use items, but the general way is a shop at the bottom of the screen that has creatures with commons being one star, uncommon two, and rare and legendary 3. You can also reroll. There is a gacha feel to this, but that's a fun part of it. Generally each stage is either an event where you can get xp, money, items (can be used from a bag, also potions), equipment, creatures, and once in a while passive buffs/negatives. Generally it's 1 event of some sort and then a fight. You go through 3 zones I believe with the last being a tournament, where if you win the fights you win the run.

First of all the music/sounds are fine enough. They're not terribly memorable, but good enough. The graphics aren't the best for sure. It's hard to see good details on the battlefields or the creatures. It's all pretty basic and sometimes blurry and fuzzy, but it's OK enough. The UI is generally pretty good although some of the menus pulled up from the right (recipes/logs of different sorts) are kind of clunky to navigate. Nothing horrible in any category, but nothing that excels other than the character art (excellent!).

For the gameplay I feel it's pretty fun and not super long for a run. I do think the difficulty runs on the easier side. I forgot to mention after games you get points to unlock things like other characters, traits for characters, more unlocks and best of all more levels (get these early!). Generally a positive perk, such as a vault you can invest in to get wild cards (excellent!) also makes enemies tougher or such. You can't turn off the negatives if you take the positive perks. Nothing is too terrible for negatives so I play with everything I've unlocked so far. I feel this game is a bit basic although you can position your creatures at the start of each fight. Some parts are unoptimized like the start of fights and showing the enemy levels and equipment. They show a little animation and flash the equipment and levels. This is bad mainly because there are certain tiles that have buffs/negatives and you need to put creatures on them to activate them. They only show after all this enemy stuff flashes. It should be there at the beginning and likely have an auto use button for putting creatures on them to streamline it.

For the most part I enjoyed this game. It seems polished just enough, but I'm putting it down until it's fully released. I don't feel there are enough creatures or abilities. It can also use more stages and events. It's a good work in progress, but I strongly recommend just waiting for the full release. There is enough to lose some hours in this, but there is still quite a bit to be worked on, and there needs to be more creatures and items at the least. I'm rating a 6.5/10, but there is lots of promise here. It just feels a tiny bit repetitive and lacking content so far.

Tales And Tactics Early Access review after 3 hours and 36 minutes and 3 wins 1 loss.

This is a roguelike auto battling game. Pretty much each creature has two attributes that when you go more of said attribute you unlock abilities. Creatures go from level one to five, with higher levels having better stats and stronger percentages to their abilities. To get higher levels you can use items, but the general way is a shop at the bottom of the screen that has creatures with commons being one star, uncommon two, and rare and legendary 3. You can also reroll. There is a gacha feel to this, but that's a fun part of it. Generally each stage is either an event where you can get xp, money, items (can be used from a bag, also potions), equipment, creatures, and once in a while passive buffs/negatives. Generally it's 1 event of some sort and then a fight. You go through 3 zones I believe with the last being a tournament, where if you win the fights you win the run.

First of all the music/sounds are fine enough. They're not terribly memorable, but good enough. The graphics aren't the best for sure. It's hard to see good details on the battlefields or the creatures. It's all pretty basic and sometimes blurry and fuzzy, but it's OK enough. The UI is generally pretty good although some of the menus pulled up from the right (recipes/logs of different sorts) are kind of clunky to navigate. Nothing horrible in any category, but nothing that excels other than the character art (excellent!).

For the gameplay I feel it's pretty fun and not super long for a run. I do think the difficulty runs on the easier side. I forgot to mention after games you get points to unlock things like other characters, traits for characters, more unlocks and best of all more levels (get these early!). Generally a positive perk, such as a vault you can invest in to get wild cards (excellent!) also makes enemies tougher or such. You can't turn off the negatives if you take the positive perks. Nothing is too terrible for negatives so I play with everything I've unlocked so far. I feel this game is a bit basic although you can position your creatures at the start of each fight. Some parts are unoptimized like the start of fights and showing the enemy levels and equipment. They show a little animation and flash the equipment and levels. This is bad mainly because there are certain tiles that have buffs/negatives and you need to put creatures on them to activate them. They only show after all this enemy stuff flashes. It should be there at the beginning and likely have an auto use button for putting creatures on them to streamline it.

For the most part I enjoyed this game. It seems polished just enough, but I'm putting it down until it's fully released. I don't feel there are enough creatures or abilities. It can also use more stages and events. It's a good work in progress, but I strongly recommend just waiting for the full release. There is enough to lose some hours in this, but there is still quite a bit to be worked on, and there needs to be more creatures and items at the least. I'm rating a 6.5/10, but there is lots of promise here. It just feels a tiny bit repetitive and lacking content so far.
I ended up getting this game because it was made by the creators of the Slay the Spire Mod, which was really good.

I got selected for the Skull and Bones closed beta... I think. When I confirmed it it said we'll let you know if you get in.

It's this weekend. I'll know more soon, they talked about friend invites so if anyone wants to try this trash let me know. (PC only)

Have you somehow completely missed the doge meme? It’s like ten years old now and literally has cryptocurrency based on it.

Anyway, it was based on a picture of Kabosu, a Japanese shiba inu. He contracted leukemia sometime around December last year at age 17? I guess he finally lost that battle.

I don't internet the way the rest of you do so I didn't know about it. That's sad but 17 is on the longer side for a dog so hopefully doggo had a good life and went peacefully.

bread's done
Back