Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Infamously broken and the one guy set to fix it died, unfortunately.
Gotcha. I clearly didn't have all the information! Sucks about the port never getting fixed. SR2 was the first one I played on 360. It was fun. Probably never finished it, as I ... really never finish games.

I love SR3 and SR4, but narratively there's no where to go after SR4. I like off the rails stupid BS and that one almost broke me.

I've never played SR2, but I grabbed a 360 copy to try awhile back since I have zero hope for the PC version.
I recently played through SR1-SR3, completed the main storyline with my fat, mulleted trucker character with an Australian accent. I enjoyed all 3 as GTA lite type games and I could appreciate their craziness. SR4 however, just seemed lazy. Basically a reskin of 3 and amp up the craziness to 20. Never finished. SR reboot just seemed like a game nobody asked for (with the direction they went).

I keep meaning to go back to Gat out of hell but Starfield is looming and I'm ready for some Bethesda jank. Maybe it's time for my fat, mulleted trucker character with an Australian accent to head into space!

I'll just agree with folks that SR3 was my sweet spot and SR4 felt like too much stuff away from "wacky crime sim" while also feeling like not enough new stuff with the reskinned city.  I finished it but it didn't engage me like 3 did.

Haven't played the reboot, even the joints inclined to promote the new vibe gave it mediocre reviews for actual content (or lack thereof) and game play.  Not a ringing endorsement.

iirc, SR4 was originally planned as DLC, adding super hero stuff to SR3.

probably became too ambitious to be DLC but wasnt ambitious enough (for most of you) to be standalone. i liked SR4 but do agree it made the series lose its identity (im also pretty sure i bought it for like $5 or something).

I didnt play the reboot yet but based on trailers, it's not grabbing the right tone from SR2 or SR3. maybe it's the setting? lots of brown in the trailer in the scenery.

Check Borderlands Collection: Pandora Box Edition on Steam:

-> https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/33369/Borderlands_Collection_Pandoras_Box/

I own everything BL (BL1, BL2 and all DLC's, BL3 and all DLC's, BL TPS and all DLC's) - but missing NEW Tales of the Borderlands.

Show for 90% off for me.

I'm so in for $5 or so.

EDIT - Worth noting that anything for Tiny Tina WL is NOT in that Steam-bundle. Still, that's a slam dunk for me in Humble Choice too. Great month of Gearbox stuff, I must say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Humble Detritus from me to you:

Deceive, Inc.
2V584-INT*9-J6DTP

Who Pressed Mute on Unc*e Marcus
2PJ*Q-0KTG*-YF3PY

Autonauts vs PirateBots
22*GA-YR3WM-H*N64

*Use the clue to solve the puzzle!

Deceive, Inc.
2V584-INT*9-J6DTP

2PJ*Q-0KTG*-YF3PY

Autonauts vs PirateBots
22*GA-YR3WM-H*N64

Thanks, I was able to grab Deceive, Inc. I didn't try the others, so they may still be available.

Deceive, Inc.
2V584-INT*9-J6DTP

2PJ*Q-0KTG*-YF3PY

Autonauts vs PirateBots
22*GA-YR3WM-H*N64

Surfed into this thread randomly. Tried, and redeemed, Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus. Thanks!

So I guess the remake rumors are true…
giphy.gif

My 4 hour in review of Starfield...5/10.

I am more of a Skyrim guy than a Fallout guy so maybe that has something to do with it. Not really a fan of the rumors I've heard about ng+ happenings, so I will probably stick to the main storyline and complete that if I'm not distracted by a another shiny game.

My biggest complaint is that Bethesda's universe seems very compartmentalized. Like if I build a house, I'll have to go through 5 (loading) zones to get from my kitchen to the shitter. That's how travelling from space to planet and back again feels in Starfield.

Other than that seems like there's lots to do, and maybe after 30-50hrs of the main quest, I'll be ready to try other quest lines. Or maybe I will get bored and give up.

The universe
giphy.gif

Bethesda's universe
9Clo.gif

Thank you for the feedback Walter! I have the game free from the amd promo. I chose not to install it yet as I want it to be running proper and patched before I try it out.

From everything I read so far, your experience is common. The subreddit for starfield was the same during the first few launch days last week... that the game is just okay. Now after a dozen or more hours in, the positive reviews are flooding in. Suffice to say, it takes a long time to start and once it 'clicks', people love it.

I'm not picking sides. I'm sort of 'dreading' the slog of the beginning after everything I read. Maybe I'll hate it and quit quickly, or love it and play for 100 hours.

Thank you for the feedback Walter! I have the game free from the amd promo. I chose not to install it yet as I want it to be running proper and patched before I try it out.

From everything I read so far, your experience is common. The subreddit for starfield was the same during the first few launch days last week... that the game is just okay. Now after a dozen or more hours in, the positive reviews are flooding in. Suffice to say, it takes a long time to start and once it 'clicks', people love it.

I'm not picking sides. I'm sort of 'dreading' the slog of the beginning after everything I read. Maybe I'll hate it and quit quickly, or love it and play for 100 hours.
You are welcome, as Australian Space Trucker Dundee says: "You have to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to fly away, know when to save scum!"

lZdm1g3MFWL9uTG_1694052297.jpg

Why buy Starfield for $60-70 when you can play The Precursors (2009)? [shrug]

I mean, Precursors has planet-hopping, dog-fighting in space-ships when travelling to other planets, missions/quests, decision-making, and actual vehicles to drive around when you're on planets.

Matter of fact and coming to think of, did Starfield just decide to make their own version of The Precursors with some of their own spins & twists to it?

I'm about 15 hours into Starfield and I'm pretty underwhelmed myself. I think they bit off more than they could chew. The constant load screens and fast travel breaks up my immersion, the dialogue is so bad that I've started skipping it, and the space travel feels really tacked on. Everything is systematic. For a world with 1000 planets there sure isn't a lot to actually explore. I've seen more secrets packed into 2 minute Mario levels than many of these planets have.

Maybe it'll get better once I get to NG+ since that's what everyone keeps saying. But I'm just not seeing how finishing the main story will fix all those issues. 

I used to think Bethesda was the open world king, but now it seems like other studios have caught up and surpassed them while they never evolved.

I'm about 15 hours into Starfield and I'm pretty underwhelmed myself. I think they bit off more than they could chew. The constant load screens and fast travel breaks up my immersion, the dialogue is so bad that I've started skipping it, and the space travel feels really tacked on. Everything is systematic. For a world with 1000 planets there sure isn't a lot to actually explore. I've seen more secrets packed into 2 minute Mario levels than many of these planets have.

Maybe it'll get better once I get to NG+ since that's what everyone keeps saying. But I'm just not seeing how finishing the main story will fix all those issues.

I used to think Bethesda was the open world king, but now it seems like other studios have caught up and surpassed them while they never evolved.
For me, this style game and formula was never for me. I played Skyrim on xbox 360 a hundred years ago, and got about halfway through he game when I felt burned out and quit. I tried fallout Vegas for a little and really didn’t get far. It’s been probably ten years since I played that type of game. Now that I am older, I may like this formula. Sort of like not digging a movie in your 20s and relating to it in your 30s.

The crux of the issue back then is that I’m a completionist. When I see something I have to finish it. With Skyrim back then, I’d have a side quest and go to a new town. That town gives me five more quests. They were never ending, I felt overwhelmed, and I stopped playing.

Honestly Starfield was always gunna be a pass.  E:D or NMS are vastly superior, but launched in similar conditions.  We'll see.  The difference, I don't think Bethesda's gunna go back and fix this stuff.

Honestly Starfield was always gunna be a pass. E:D or NMS are vastly superior, but launched in similar conditions. We'll see. The difference, I don't think Bethesda's gunna go back and fix this stuff.
You're right, but modders will fix it, and that's always been the ace in the hole for Bethesda. Of all the companies I could never imagine wanting to play a game day one from they're on the top of the list; though by most accounts things are already getting modded at a staggering rate.

Why buy Starfield for $60-70 when you can play The Precursors (2009)? [shrug]

I mean, Precursors has planet-hopping, dog-fighting in space-ships when travelling to other planets, missions/quests, decision-making, and actual vehicles to drive around when you're on planets.

Matter of fact and coming to think of, did Starfield just decide to make their own version of The Precursors with some of their own spins & twists to it?
By that standard Derek Smart probably still thinks we all should have been satisfied with Battlecruiser 3000AD and never played anything else.

By that standard Derek Smart probably still thinks we all should have been satisfied with Battlecruiser 3000AD and never played anything else.
My point is this: The Precursors is a lot cheaper, has been bundled, is not as well known & is probably sitting in many backlogs here. It's actually good & ambitious - like many of kitchen-sink games from Russia in that era (Boiling Point, Xenus, STALKER games, anything from Akella, etc).

It basically is a shooter-RPG with planet-hopping and dog-fighting in space-ships when planet-travelling - sounds familiar? Right, the same type of game Bethesda just released (Starfield) here in 2023 some few days ago (Depends if you count last week's "Early Access" launch).

I bet that game (Precursors) will easily run at 60fps on modern CPU's and GPU's too.

Honestly Starfield was always gunna be a pass. E:D or NMS are vastly superior, but launched in similar conditions. We'll see. The difference, I don't think Bethesda's gunna go back and fix this stuff.
I still don't get the E:D and NMS comparison, as Bethesda don't make space-sims or space-exploration sims. They (Bethesda) make shooter-RPG's.

Bethesda's known for having these super-big pools, but they are hollow and so shallow you can't swim in them - be prepared to walk in them from end-to-end.

EDIT:

It (Starfield) will probably get great, once more expansions, DLC's, and mods are out there to work their magic.

Are you seriously comparing launch NMS to launch Starfield?? Because NMS was an absolute dumpster fire of a train wreck! Starfield is no where close to that. Give me a break.

I'm also not convinced NMS is vastly superior as I find NMS gameplay is like watching paint dry. To each their own of course.

I haven't looked into it but I'm having trouble understanding how a Bethesda exploration-style game has a NG+ component.

Once you beat the main story (something Bethesda games aren't necessarily supposed to encourage versus free roam) it somehow gets better?  More stuff to explore?  More items?

I haven't looked into it but I'm having trouble understanding how a Bethesda exploration-style game has a NG+ component.

Once you beat the main story (something Bethesda games aren't necessarily supposed to encourage versus free roam) it somehow gets better? More stuff to explore? More items?
Well, kinda like GTAV(or kinda like RDR2), you complete the main quest line/thread and then credits roll and boink, NewGame starts and your are dropped into "open world" go do whatever you want.

Now in Starfield's case, something happens after you wrap up the main quest and ng starts... Sounds Like you go through a reset and lose some (most?) things (equip? Skills? Companions? Outposts?). I'm not really liking that idea. So I'm just going to go through the main quest first and then putter around with the other stuff after.

Now, this all heresay and I'm not going to go and hunt down the sordid details as I sorta wanna be somewhat surprised.

My point is this: The Precursors is a lot cheaper, has been bundled, is not as well known & is probably sitting in many backlogs here. It's actually good & ambitious - like many of kitchen-sink games from Russia in that era (Boiling Point, Xenus, STALKER games, anything from Akella, etc).

It basically is a shooter-RPG with planet-hopping and dog-fighting in space-ships when planet-travelling - sounds familiar? Right, the same type of game Bethesda just released (Starfield) here in 2023 some few days ago (Depends if you count last week's "Early Access" launch).

I bet that game (Precursors) will easily run at 60fps on modern CPU's and GPU's too.
I referenced Derek Smart, you had to know I was being mostly facetious :whistle2:

Sadly Precursors never seems to have found its way into my library; it looks like it was only bundled a couple of times six years ago and doesn't even really get significant discounts any more. Maybe they'll ride the Starfield hype and get into some bundles again (Anyone have a contact with the Fanatical rep? Worth suggesting to them.) But I'll definitely keep an eye out for it in the future.

Well, kinda like GTAV(or kinda like RDR2), you complete the main quest line/thread and then credits roll and boink, NewGame starts and your are dropped into "open world" go do whatever you want.

Now in Starfield's case, something happens after you wrap up the main quest and ng starts... Sounds Like you go through a reset and lose some (most?) things (equip? Skills? Companions? Outposts?). I'm not really liking that idea. So I'm just going to go through the main quest first and then putter around with the other stuff after.

Now, this all heresay and I'm not going to go and hunt down the sordid details as I sorta wanna be somewhat surprised.
What!??!! So you can't stay in the finished game-world you were in like say Fallout 4? It forces you when you finish the Main Quest right into NG+? WHY?!?!!?

This makes no sense, in a huge open-world Bethesda-game with insane amount of quests. If I want NG+, I should be able to activate that myself, when I'm ready - likely from the game's opening menu with a "New Game+" option.

For me, this style game and formula was never for me. I played Skyrim on xbox 360 a hundred years ago, and got about halfway through he game when I felt burned out and quit. I tried fallout Vegas for a little and really didn’t get far. It’s been probably ten years since I played that type of game. Now that I am older, I may like this formula. Sort of like not digging a movie in your 20s and relating to it in your 30s.

The crux of the issue back then is that I’m a completionist. When I see something I have to finish it. With Skyrim back then, I’d have a side quest and go to a new town. That town gives me five more quests. They were never ending, I felt overwhelmed, and I stopped playing.
It doesn't really feel like Skyrim to me. That's what I wanted was Skyrim in space. This game just feels disjointed.

Honestly, if someone just redid Privateer/Rapid fire.. updated some graphics I'd throw money at them...

I cannot fathom how we peaked in the game category 30+ years ago.. (although I did also enjoy Freelancer)

It doesn't really feel like Skyrim to me. That's what I wanted was Skyrim in space. This game just feels disjointed.
I kinda agree with you, although I'm not sure what 'Skyrim in Space' would be. I don't think this is it. Too many transitions.

Having said that, 12 hours in: I'm enjoying it. I'm getting into the main quest and characters you meet along the way. (and I have the Adoring Fan as a crew member which provides some comic relief)

I don't think anything has really substantially changed other than I had a chance to explore etc. I'd probably bump my initial 5 up to a 6.5 (waffling between 6 and 7).

I'd go so far as to say the game is good in spite of the space aspect of the game, which is really lacking so far. Which sounds weird saying that in a game called Starfield. I feel like my ship is basically my wagon or a horse(although I think that diminishes the horse in a game like RDR2). My ship is a big backpack, carrying all the coffee mugs (I collect them), I don't want weighing me down.

Space battles are kinda yawners so far.

I plan to stick with it, so far, where I bailed on Fallout 3 with the whole VATS system and post-apocalyptic drab environments and nope'd out of there..

Happy Space Trails from Space Trucker Dundee

If anyone wants a Steam key for Reventure then PM me so a bot doesn't take it. It was my "free" game from buying Starfield from Fanatical and I have no interest in it.

Reventure is really good and I highly recommend whomever takes that key give it a shot and at least mess around in it for a few hours. It's one of those rare games that manages to both subvert gaming tropes while also embracing them.

My 4 hour in review of Starfield...5/10.

I am more of a Skyrim guy than a Fallout guy so maybe that has something to do with it. Not really a fan of the rumors I've heard about ng+ happenings, so I will probably stick to the main storyline and complete that if I'm not distracted by a another shiny game.

My biggest complaint is that Bethesda's universe seems very compartmentalized. Like if I build a house, I'll have to go through 5 (loading) zones to get from my kitchen to the shitter. That's how travelling from space to planet and back again feels in Starfield.

Other than that seems like there's lots to do, and maybe after 30-50hrs of the main quest, I'll be ready to try other quest lines. Or maybe I will get bored and give up.
I played NMS at launch for maybe about a month before giving up on it forever. It was fun exploring, doing the whole seemless planet to space hopping and exploring that way but realistically I never found anything interesting. It was more about the experience, very zen like that kept my attention as it was just contrast to most things I have played.

That being said, I had no expectations for Starfield of what type of game it would be and I can understand after only 4 hours that most people are going to compare or be of the mind that the game feels much less like a space explorer and more of a traditional space RPG. Having put in over 50 hours myself I can solidly say nobody would miss the cumbersome travel times to get anything done that are done in seconds thanks to fast travel. In fact, I know I'd have quit by now if I didn't have such QOL design. Point being, this game can consume hundreds of hours if you find your groove and you do NOT want 75% of that time being eaten up with travel.

A large majority of people have said the same as you from initial impressions, but all have said their rating improved after playing the game for a while. I'd say this isn't a problem with the game so much as what expectations, or what type of game people want Starfield to be going in.

Once you beat the main story (something Bethesda games aren't necessarily supposed to encourage versus free roam) it somehow gets better? More stuff to explore? More items?
NG+ allows you to keep your levels, perks, challenges completed, research, and special abilities but that's it. Bethesda should have been more upfront about it because for many people that's a dealbreaker, or should at least be allowed the option to make a decision at the start of the game to rush the main campaign or not. I personally encourage rushing the main story for NG+ so your sandbox save can be there. There are few reasons not to rush, but I really don't believe they outweigh dumping hours of time invested in a save where you did everything you wanted to.

That said, NG+ is designed smartly in the sense that whenever we as gamers start a new game we tend to have some plan in mind for how we will progress the story, or what decisions will be made in that playthrough, etc. It's the embodiment of true meta which will all be made clear once you're at that point.

Seems like that game Only Up! Got delisted indefinitely per the dev. Heard good things about it. Game is still available on InstantGaming so if anyone wanted a last chance to scoop it now would be the time

Reventure is really good and I highly recommend whomever takes that key give it a shot and at least mess around in it for a few hours. It's one of those rare games that manages to both subvert gaming tropes while also embracing them.
Yep, I messed with it about 11 hours I guess... according to steam. Got around 80% of the endings now I'm just going to follow a guide for the rest. Don't feel like trying to decipher the clues and trying random things.

Should I get Divinity OS1 or OS2 while they’re on sale, or wait for fanatical/humble bundles (which may not happen)?
Just get the source saga pack, it has the best discount. They always give the individual games lesser discounts, and that's the reason I still haven't bought OS2

bread's done
Back