Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
3lPz8oc.gif

Just get the source saga pack, it has the best discount. They always give the individual games lesser discounts, and that's the reason I still haven't bought OS2
Oh nice, didn’t see the bundle. Not sure these will ever get to humble so probably worth it. Don’t need new games with Starfield, but I already cashed in some GS credit for Steam credit.

Is cdkeys safe to buy from? I see they have the MK1 Premium Edition for $73.
I've bought keys from them in the past, but only stuff they have immediately in stock. They are a gray market reseller so I have to wonder where they plan to get a large quantity of pre-release keys at 1/3 off. I'd imagine it's pretty likely you'll get your key eventually but don't be surprised if you don't get it until the actual release date and not get the five days advance.

Edit: I just looked at the cdkeys listing and it makes no mention at all of the five days early access and their general faq says preorders come the day of release and makes no promises about pre-order content either (ie Shang Tsung). It's still a pretty good deal even if you miss out on those things but they may be factors worth keeping in mind since you can get it 17% off on GMG.

Last edited by a moderator:
CDKeys is like buying from a guy with a van full of stuff they shouldn't have access to.  YMMV.  I've not had issues over the years, but I also don't ask questions when I'm being so thrifty as to buy from them.

I mainly used to buy PS+ 1 year keys because they used to do heavy sales. One time my payment went through, but I didn't get a key. It was a nightmare and a half to deal with their customer service (near garbage). I provided my Paypal screenshot showing I bought it and the transaction and they refused to either offer me another key or a refund. Paypal came through in the end luckily. Their PS+ prices are not as good as they once were.

CDKeys is like buying from a guy with a van full of stuff they shouldn't have access to. YMMV. I've not had issues over the years, but I also don't ask questions when I'm being so thrifty as to buy from them.
flash-michael-scott.gif

Buy from SeedyKeyz at your own risk. Meaning, don't spend more money than you're willing to light on fire, as keys from them can be revoked due to credit card fraud.

I'd rather wait for a sale from an authorized seller.

CDKeys has always seemed like the least sketchy of the sketchy side of the key sellers but it's still on the sketchy side and it's a fair argument that if you can afford to spend $73 on a day one game you can probably afford to spend $90 and actually support the developers more. Either that or just wait for a sale, those games are usually half off within six months to a year,

I've always bought 1yr PSN from CDKeys because they were heavily discounted.  About four times now with no problems.  Haven't used them for other things though. 

I've only had positive experiences with cdkeys, although I usually use them as a last resort such as when an old game stops going on sale.

I've only had positive experiences with cdkeys, although I usually use them as a last resort such as when an old game stops going on sale.
I don't use them often - typically on a game that I'm curious about, but not willing to spend much on. I have not had any issues yet with keys, or with payments.

My pending charge from Fanatical for my Starfield purchase disappeared from my bank account. Don't remember this happening last time I bought from them. Is it possible I just got the game for free or do they charge again later?

So... Starfield is very very VERY empty.  Like... I went to a station, it was hardly any people.  I dunno.  One example, I was in the Mars station and then wandered to an engineering area.. and there was NOTHING to see or do.  Why have the area?  Why not just close it off with a door?

Bethesda probably set-up 1000 planets & stations all barren...hoping the modders would fill it in. :eek:P

Just like I'm sure they're hoping someone can fix the UI for them too - like every game of theirs since Oblivion.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on Steam.

- UbiSoft says not to read into AC4: Black Flag being removed for purchasing, as its a "technical issue" they're trying to get fixed.

- Eurogamer on this -> https://www.eurogamer.net/ubisoft-says-not-to-read-anything-into-assassins-creed-black-flags-sudden-steam-disappearance

Dying Light 2.

- Dying Light 2 adds new In-Game Currency for MTX's...and gets review-bombed on Steam b/c of this:

- PC Gamer on this -> https://www.pcgamer.com/dying-light-2-adds-a-premium-currency-cue-the-steam-review-bomb/

I recommend doing the faction quests in Starfield. They are easily the best content I've come across in the game.

Exploration feels unrewarding most of the time because the points of interest are always another abandoned mine or cave. I completely ignore those.

So... Starfield is very very VERY empty. Like... I went to a station, it was hardly any people. I dunno. One example, I was in the Mars station and then wandered to an engineering area.. and there was NOTHING to see or do. Why have the area? Why not just close it off with a door?
Almost like real life, where planets are uninhabited, desolate balls of rock or gas.

Honestly, everywhere I go there's a POI somewhere and it's usually either a mining installation with minimal security, an old colony war base/camp with pirate squatters, or some ecological find. Yesterday I found what I thought was a huge decommissioned mining excavation site but turns out the miners inside were all dead with some crazy bitch running up to me stating this was HER claim. Fast-talked her out of thinking I cared about her find, but that was seriously unique.

The game isn't empty unless you aimlessly wander without scanning or doing anything. NMS out of the box was SERIOUSLY empty.

My pending charge from Fanatical for my Starfield purchase disappeared from my bank account. Don't remember this happening last time I bought from them. Is it possible I just got the game for free or do they charge again later?
Probably the hold expired. This happens for me with Steam often. Hold for 2 days, hold falls off, then the next day the charge goes through.

Got a Steam Deck coming this week. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips for getting cheap games. Is it as simple as watching the Steam sales? When do the best deals usually pop up? Is it during the big winter/summer sales?

Never really touched Steam, always been Xbox previously. Appreciate any help or suggestions anyone has.

Got a Steam Deck coming this week. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips for getting cheap games. Is it as simple as watching the Steam sales? When do the best deals usually pop up? Is it during the big winter/summer sales?
Steam sales are mainly worthwhile if you have access to discounted steam wallet funds. The wishlist function is helpful to monitor. Otherwise sites like greenmangaming and fanatical will undercut most steam sale prices. If you feel like sifting through bundles, humble and fanatical can both source cheap games that work well on deck.
A helpful site to check price & bundle info is isthereanydeal.com
You can also hand-pick bundled titles from people unloading leftovers here on cag:
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327125-steamorigin-etc-buyselltrade-thread-read-the-op-one-post-every-three-days/page-2173#entry14548361

Steam sales are mainly worthwhile if you have access to discounted steam wallet funds. The wishlist function is helpful to monitor. Otherwise sites like greenmangaming and fanatical will undercut most steam sale prices. If you feel like sifting through bundles, humble and fanatical can both source cheap games that work well on deck.
A helpful site to check price & bundle info is isthereanydeal.com
You can also hand-pick bundled titles from people unloading leftovers here on cag:
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327125-steamorigin-etc-buyselltrade-thread-read-the-op-one-post-every-three-days/page-2173#entry14548361
Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely check those out.

Never really touched Steam, always been Xbox previously. Appreciate any help or suggestions anyone has.
I got my steam deck last year and was able to pack my Steam library with over 200 games thanks to bundles. I got the yearly subscription to Humble Choice when it was discounted around Christmas and that has been great. There was also a charity bundle from Jingle Jam with like 40 games for $40. They will probably do that again this year. A few fanatical bundles have been solid too. I don’t really buy stuff off Steam itself, the discounts are not that deep.

Also, outside of steam... look into EmuDeck and be able to play a lot of console games (that you own) on the system as well.

Follow the subreddit r/gamedeals for bundles. Fanatical and Humble are two great ways to stock up, the former having a Steam Deck Verified bundle once a month it seems.

You can also pop over to the trading section of this forum and the Steam keys thread for folks who sell off their surplus bundle keys. Easy way to pick up a few, as well.

Lastly, check out isthereanydeal.com for pricing history to see what's a good deal and what isn't.

Crumble free on Fanatical.

Comes with 10% off coupon for garbage Mystery Bundles.

Game key expires Sept 27th.

Coupon expires Oct 30th.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/crumble

Also free International Day of the Programmer ebook bundle.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/international-day-of-the-programmer-2023-free-giveaway

Includes

Mathematics for Game Programming and Computer Graphics

Game Development with Blender and Godot

Functional Programming in Go

Fundamentals for Self-Taught Programmers

20% off coupon for Coding & Development Elearning & Game Assets bundles.

Coupon expires Sept 23rd.

Let me echo what others have said regarding gg.deals. It is much easier to navigate compared to isthereanydeal imo. I regularly use gg.deals whenever there is a sale or bundle announced as the bottom of the main front page will quickly show you what you already own and what is on your wishlist when you select the article covering each sale/deal/bundle. GG.deals will display a convenient graph of the price history for each item as well. I would advise excluding 3rd party key resellers as those prices skew the realistic lowest price expectation.

You can link your steam account to gg.deals and navigate the steam store via their website. After linking your steam account, gg.deals can show you what is in your collection and what is on your wishlist. I get emails regularly from gg.deals showing me the latest prices for my wishlist games whenever there is a sale.

If you are a console gamer, dekudeals.com is a good resource for a similar function but you need to manually add the games to your collection on that website.

I got a steam deck last year and my go to build my library cheap has been Fanatical. They have lots of bundle available monthly and I really like that I can choose what games I want in a select bundle for building a bundle. I stay away from the mystery bundles. I bought two Mystery really early when my library was small and still got duplicates and games I didn't really want.

Right now I have a six games from two bundles from Fanatical in my cart.

I'm waiting for the end of this weeks bundle fest to make my purchase and see what other bundles they add by the 15th.

My other personal go to is Eneba. They have lots of cheap keys available. I try to stick to buying keys that looks like they are from previous Humble Bundles that I only was interested in one or two games and also older games I think would be neat to play on Steam Deck from 360 and the PS3 generations. I also base my purchases on sellers with large amounts of feedback.

I have bought games like Bionic Commando ($.75) Binary Domain ($2) Metal Gear Rising ($3) Darkness 2 ($3) Warhammer Space Marine Anniversary Edition ($5) and DMC ($3). Since this is a key reseller please buy at your own risk. The refund policy with them it tedious and can take weeks. Luckily I have only had to deal with bad keys twice but my overall experience has been a good one.

I also use GG.deals for tracking deals on steam, other retailers and key shops.

The Steam app for phones I find is good for keeping track of my library and adding games to my wishlist.

Occasionally I will splurge and buy a new release or newly released game on sale direct from Steam.
I recently bought Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, En Garde and Darkest Dungeon 2.

For someone who was always been a console gamer Steam Deck is a fantastic piece of hardware and a great entry point into PC gaming.

I just want to say that I got my hands on the LTT ratcheting screwdriver and have to admit, it's a really nice unit. Definitely better than my Snap-On and Crescent units. 

That is all. 

My video card is holding back my setup, but I don't want to pay over $1000 for a card, so I'm sitting and waiting for something on special or such. I'll keep waiting, but good for you finding a card for not as much money. I'm willing to get a 4070, but my buy point is like $500 or less haha.

Almost like real life, where planets are uninhabited, desolate balls of rock or gas.

Honestly, everywhere I go there's a POI somewhere and it's usually either a mining installation with minimal security, an old colony war base/camp with pirate squatters, or some ecological find. Yesterday I found what I thought was a huge decommissioned mining excavation site but turns out the miners inside were all dead with some crazy bitch running up to me stating this was HER claim. Fast-talked her out of thinking I cared about her find, but that was seriously unique.

The game isn't empty unless you aimlessly wander without scanning or doing anything. NMS out of the box was SERIOUSLY empty.
Did you purposely ignore my comments because I was on/in a flipping space station/starport... as clearly stated. I wasn't in the middle of no where.

And cool, you fell for Assassin Creeds 8000000 markers mentality. How many toilet stalls and lockers you open?

As far as the Steam Deck goes, I play BG3 and a bunch of AVNs on it. They amuse me and at this point I'm getting old and don't care what anyone thinks about it.

It doesn't compare to Neuro's acquisition, but I randomly found and impulsively purchased a [24gb VRAM] 3090 Ti for $589 clearanced at Microcenter. I know it's inferior to a 4080 at this point, but it's also not 1K.
https://www.microcenter.com/product/648811/msi-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3090-ti-suprim-x-overclocked-triple-fan-24gb-gddr6x-pcie-40-graphics-card?ob=1
24gb VRAM might be enough for TLOU P1 ;)

EDIT - I'd rather have 3090 Ti with 24gb VRAM to drool over, TBH; especially for $600.

24gb VRAM might be enough for TLOU P1 ;)

EDIT - I'd rather have 3090 Ti with 24gb VRAM to drool over, TBH; especially for $600.
I have no idea what to do with 24gb. I didn't even mention the vram because I was trying to avoid triggering the toaster kink.

bread's done
Back