Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Anyone else slightly amused by just how unimaginative the MS leaks appear to be … they’re so focused on console updates like clockwork and remasters of older properties without having anything truly revolutionary or innovative in the pipeline. Only Microsoft could take something like video games and make them so damn mundane and pedestrian with a giant leak. Maybe I’m just getting old and jaded but nothing in those leaks particularly impressed me on the console or pc gaming front.

Anyone else slightly amused by just how unimaginative the MS leaks appear to be … they’re so focused on console updates like clockwork and remasters of older properties without having anything truly revolutionary or innovative in the pipeline. Only Microsoft could take something like video games and make them so damn mundane and pedestrian with a giant leak. Maybe I’m just getting old and jaded but nothing in those leaks particularly impressed me on the console or pc gaming front.
Depends whether Oblivion and FO3 are getting major overhauls. If they are basic remasters like RDR1 got then I won't bother.

Not that it helps, but I've had my primary storage for a long while on Steam Deck be my SD and have not once lost it in any update.
Glad you haven't had any issues. It's not a big deal for Steam stuff, but EmuDeck stuff is all gone for me along with the saves for it.

Haven't tried rebuilding that stuff yet, but thankfully I was able to reformat the card and load some Steam games back onto it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you haven't had any issues. It's not a big deal for Steam stuff, but EmuDeck stuff is all gone for me along with the saves for it.

Haven't tried rebuilding that stuff yet, but thankfully I was able to reformat the card and load some Steam games back onto it.
I feel for ya, if I lost my SD I'd have lost a crap ton of games/deck/all the stuff I've downloaded to make linux work more like I want it to. Just not sure about how common it is, because that'd be a crazy big issue for me.

I dunno, but I'd love to see Dishonored 3 and Ghostwire 2, TBH.

EDIT - And more DOOM is always welcome.

The games list is from Bethesda pre-purchase, so it's hardly indicative of everything Microsoft has in the pipeline. I want those Oblivion and Fallout 3 remasters though.

The games list is from Bethesda pre-purchase, so it's hardly indicative of everything Microsoft has in the pipeline. I want those Oblivion and Fallout 3 remasters though.
... careful...

*A finger curls on the Microsoft monkey paw*

Coming soon, Oblivion and Fallout 3 POCKET EDITION™, now with added daily quests, skins, and battle passes!

Speaking of Romancing Saga 3, it's now on sale on Humble along with the other usual Squenix suspects, for the same price as steam plus an up to 15% off Humble Choice discount. And yes, the discount is now 15% (if you're at the max consecutive) instead of the 10% cap it was for years, that changed a few months ago. Makes Romancing Saga 3 cost $4.43 in the US. Sale runs almost two weeks.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/romancing-saga-3

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/square-enix-tgs-sale/

Depends whether Oblivion and FO3 are getting major overhauls. If they are basic remasters like RDR1 got then I won't bother.
Not sure I'd take FO3 at this point but Oblivion I'd revisit. But only if the book hopping exploit over the wall and arrow duplication glitches are intact. Still fucking hate all the portals you need to clear at the end though.

Bought the Cyberpunk + Phantom Liberty bundle. I played it awhile back on console but now I'm excited to start fresh tomorrow when update 2.0 goes live.

I've got plenty of free time since I won't be starting my new job until October 9th lol.

That was the reason I quit the game and never finished it. The portal stuff was ugh....
When it first released, that was what happened for me as well. Sometime years later i ended up playing it again for whatever reason, maybe a new PC, and finished it then. It wasn't worth it lol.

Cyberpunk 2077.

Updated requirements - https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/48271/update-to-pc-system-requirements#:~:text=Processor%3A%20Core%20i7%2D9700%20or,Ram%3A%2016%20GB.

Here's Cyberpunk 2077: Version 2.0 (without PL) Requirements & also Phantom Liberty's PC requirements

0fd3c79ee4fde54e7fcfca001f98a02d2594d9435806d700.jpg

I believe EmuDeck supports uploading savedata to a cloud service like Google Drive for free. I tend to use multiple emulation devices so having my save data in cloud storage is handy for me when I need to swap devices.

Speaking of Romancing Saga 3, it's now on sale on Humble along with the other usual Squenix suspects, for the same price as steam plus an up to 15% off Humble Choice discount. And yes, the discount is now 15% (if you're at the max consecutive) instead of the 10% cap it was for years, that changed a few months ago. Makes Romancing Saga 3 cost $4.43 in the US. Sale runs almost two weeks.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/romancing-saga-3

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/square-enix-tgs-sale/
Some of these deals have better offers on GMG if you're a member and have the XP discount.

There's also a 2% off coupon if you claim the XP pack

Some of these deals have better offers on GMG if you're a member and have the XP discount.

There's also a 2% off coupon if you claim the XP pack
Yeah, looks like most of the stuff is 60% off plus the additional coupon, which is about as cheap as I've ever seen the Final Fantasy stuff.

Yeah, looks like most of the stuff is 60% off plus the additional coupon, which is about as cheap as I've ever seen the Final Fantasy stuff.
Yeah there are new historical lows on a lot of stuff. I grabbed Star Ocean The Divine Force and Chrono Cross, both at 60% off, but there are plenty of other historical lows worth looking into. As a rule of thumb I try to avoid buying anything at less than 60% off because almost all Square Enix stuff reaches those prices on GMG

Realistically, what kind of performance can I expect from:

Intel Core i7-13700F - 16GB Memory DDR5 - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 12GB - 1TB SSD
Guessing a decent 1440p performance. I ran the original on a 1070 TI on medium settings although I'm sure it's so bloated now that wont work well anymore. I have a new video card coming in soon I hope haha.

Realistically, what kind of performance can I expect from:

Intel Core i7-13700F - 16GB Memory DDR5 - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 12GB - 1TB SSD
We don't know yet; game ain't out yet.

Benchmarks from users, reviewers, Youtubers ain't out yet.

Given you got a 4070 with 12gb VRAM - you should be fine, I'd guess.

Given CDPR's guide there - Go Ultra without RT or the RT Recommended Section.

Then you can probably use MSI Afterburner and gauge performance and tinker w/ settings yourself from there.

Also, since you're on NVidia, hearing you should get newest driver for CP 2077 Version 2.0/Liberty expansion too, as all latest optimizations are there with DLSS 3.5 support -> https://www.pcgamesn.com/nvidia/driver-cyberpunk-2077-phantom-liberty

EDIT:

Looks like Daniel Owens got CP 2077 version 2.0 footage up for Benchmarking:

https://youtu.be/jSVwT8B-20o

GamersNexus with benchmarks:

https://youtu.be/zZVv6WoUl4Y

yea performance seems much better than before, @1440 on my 3080 running mostly high/ultra and no-RT and dlss on in both i get 130fps, with RT its 88, and the 4070 should be better than that

Thanks!  I bought CP2077 on Xbox because at the time, my laptop couldn't run it at any kind of decent framerate.  Just got this new PC a few months ago, so if the performance was going to be good, I was gonna pick it up on Steam to be able to dabble in RT.

The updated Cyberpunk requirements now ask for 6 gb vram so I no longer meet the minimum, even though by most reports the game ran decently on my card (GTX 970) prior to this update. I hate that we've reached the point in the console generation that devs no longer bother even trying to optimize their PC ports at all, somehow in four years the Mortal Kombat series went from a game I could run on almost max settings to a game I can't apparently run at all. I'm not expecting 60 fps 4k but there's no reason current releases shouldn't still run at 1080p without that kinda of vram demand other than them just not bothering to try. And don't even get me started on the stupid install sizes with high resolution assets that should always be optional on PC.

The updated Cyberpunk requirements now ask for 6 gb vram so I no longer meet the minimum, even though by most reports the game ran decently on my card (GTX 970) prior to this update. I hate that we've reached the point in the console generation that devs no longer bother even trying to optimize their PC ports at all, somehow in four years the Mortal Kombat series went from a game I could run on almost max settings to a game I can't apparently run at all. I'm not expecting 60 fps 4k but there's no reason current releases shouldn't still run at 1080p without that kinda of vram demand other than them just not bothering to try. And don't even get me started on the stupid install sizes with high resolution assets that should always be optional on PC.
They ain't making the 2.0 for PS4/X1, so...this is what happens. They adopted the new PS5/XSX hardware...and now everything gets stiffed, as requirements been going to the moon since.

I'd recommend anytime there's a crazy updates/revamp like this planned - especially on a DRM-FREE title like this - back-up a copy of your old installed game-folder and Saves folder w/ saves elsewhere, some other place where Steam or GoG won't notice that version (since you are making install path different basically); especially if you got mods.

This way...you can run Old Editions of the game. This can be really useful, in case new version breaks mods, breaks your game, is built for NEWER hardware, and/or any other mess of that sort.

They ain't making the 2.0 for PS4/X1, so...this is what happens. They adopted the new PS5/XSX hardware...and now everything gets stiffed, as requirements been going to the moon since.

I'd recommend anytime there's a crazy updates/revamp like this planned - especially on a DRM-FREE title like this - back-up a copy of your old installed game-folder and Saves folder w/ saves elsewhere, some other place where Steam or GoG won't notice that version (since you are making install path different); especially if you got mods.

This way...you can run Old Editions of the game. This can be really useful, in case new version breaks mods, breaks your game, is built for NEWER hardware, and/or any other mess of that sort.
That's a great idea, thanks, hadn't thought of it before. CDP at least provides access to the older version of The Witcher 3, that should be standard practice as well.

I've known I have an old system for a while (and it's not like it was ever top of the line) but it's weird finally seeing everything release outside of my playable range. Mortal Kombat 1 really shocked me though, because like I said, MK11 was only 4 years ago and not only can I run it, I can run it basically maxed out, and yet MK1 I don't even meet the minimums. You'd think they'd at least give us the gimpy switch assets as an option on PC for lower systems.

Playing Cyberpunk right after playing Starfield makes it incredibly noticeable just how outdated Bethesdas engine is. Cyberpunk looks a full generation ahead of it visually.

Bethesda is super duper cool 
...if this was 2008.

thanks a lot Larian for ruining all of game development! assholes

I quite literally just activated the base game on my account today...have you played it, and, is it any good/worth the $7?
I haven't, just had it on my wishlist after getting the base game bundled.

That's a great idea, thanks, hadn't thought of it before. CDP at least provides access to the older version of The Witcher 3, that should be standard practice as well.

I've known I have an old system for a while (and it's not like it was ever top of the line) but it's weird finally seeing everything release outside of my playable range. Mortal Kombat 1 really shocked me though, because like I said, MK11 was only 4 years ago and not only can I run it, I can run it basically maxed out, and yet MK1 I don't even meet the minimums. You'd think they'd at least give us the gimpy switch assets as an option on PC for lower systems.
Yup, learned the hard way over the years - when official updates are coming that can break mods; new version or expansions increase system requirements; new update version ain't as good as old for whatever reason; new version breaks old saves; etc etc.

Example - GTA San Andreas Steam-update a while ago broke saves and removed songs, so I also have Retail version installed (Non-HD update and also has OG songs still there). It can be a pain to downgrade SA properly, using Steam-version; especially since an even newer update on Steam added Rockstar Launcher junk.

Thing is - CP 2077 is big, so you're probably gonna need like 200 GB open, if you're gonna have 2 versions on same drive. Or, of course...just squirrel old version over on another drive and don't have Galaxy ever find that old-version.

Sometimes I'll even re-buy games - just b/c I want to make it easier across the board for running multiple versions or whatever; especially if another version's dirt-cheap and/or the game ain't huge. Sometimes Steam's a pain w/ forced updates, so having a GOG version can help as Galaxy has a feature to disable all updates too; I just take updates on Galaxy when I feel like I need them. Sometimes some games on GOG have OLD-version as extras or you can legit degrade to an older version via Galaxy.

Galaxy downgrade can be useful for like Two Worlds II, for example - as WorldMerge Mod don't work on new-version (after any version of 2.0, once Call of Tenebrae DLC came out); so I keep one version before 2.0 (for WorldMerge Mod) and a version with 2.0 (for Call and newer DLC's). Also, System Shock 1: Enhanced, newest version has stutter issues that is NOT in the previous version - so, best to just downgrade.

And usually, I have like multiple versions of Vampire: Bloodlines installed - one from retail modded like crazy w/ other mods (like Wesp Plus Edition Unofficial Patch) and GOG Version w/ Wesp Basic Mod (since GOG version ships w/ that version of the mod).

I certainly remember the old days of rolling back patches or waiting to install updates until I knew they were a stable version, but Steam auto (mandatory) update has long broken that habit. Honestly these days I've been looking more and more into cloud gaming because I have a solid internet connection and really don't see myself dropping a grand to upgrade my system any time soon. Of course playing that way removes all the various options you just mentioned but it also removes all the hassle of installs and performance requirements.

I certainly remember the old days of rolling back patches or waiting to install updates until I knew they were a stable version, but Steam auto (mandatory) update has long broken that habit. Honestly these days I've been looking more and more into cloud gaming because I have a solid internet connection and really don't see myself dropping a grand to upgrade my system any time soon. Of course playing that way removes all the various options you just mentioned but it also removes all the hassle of installs and performance requirements.
Yeah...Steam can be a pain for some games b/c of forced updates, such as with GTA4 and Fallout 3.

F3 really needs the Anniversary Patch so you can downgrade the game so you can use FOSE & mods supported by that. So many great mods need FOSE, namely even at least to just to Fix UI stuff (such as Revelation UI or Darn F3 UI) and add Quickloot feature (like F4 has). A lot more mods than just that stuff out there though.

GTA4 needs to be downgraded & modded to either 1.0.4.0, 1.0.7.0 or 1.0.8.0.

My CPU (6700k) is now too low for Starfield and Cyberpunk 2.0.

Definitely upgrading next year.
Bah, both games run fine on my i7-4790k. Though CP might have issues with this new patch I'm skeptical. Reminds me, I need to download the installers for the soon to be old version.

I see State of Decay Franchise has a Complete A Bundle on Steam, so...YMMV for discounts, depending on what you own already and don't own yet.

I own everything but the soundtracks for SoD OG & YOSE - but yeah, at 83% off @ $2 for just OG & YOSE soundtracks if you own everything else.
Pretty solid deal. I own SoD2 on Steam and via Microsoft (PC/Xbox). Good game, and this is coming from someone that doesn't much like zombie games.

Not sure I'd ever play SoD, and I rarely listen to game soundtracks, so the Complete the Bundle Deal isn't amazing for me...but yeah, for anyone that's more into it than me? It's stellar.

*edit* as I don't really buy soundtracks on Steam...can the audio files be downloaded and played on other sources, such as my phone, for example?

Bah, both games run fine on my i7-4790k. Though CP might have issues with this new patch I'm skeptical. Reminds me, I need to download the installers for the soon to be old version.
Ill try CP after the patch with the benchmark, but I'll have plenty of time to wait for Starfield mods.

I see State of Decay Franchise has a Complete A Bundle on Steam, so...YMMV for discounts, depending on what you own already and don't own yet.

I own everything but the soundtracks for SoD OG & YOSE - but yeah, at 83% off @ $2 for just OG & YOSE soundtracks if you own everything else.
It's $12.53 if you own nothing, including owning only the original version of the first game (though they did send steam gifts of the YOSE to owners of the base game, which I still have sitting in my inventory for novelty's sake).

Pretty solid deal. I own SoD2 on Steam and via Microsoft (PC/Xbox). Good game, and this is coming from someone that doesn't much like zombie games.

Not sure I'd ever play SoD, and I rarely listen to game soundtracks, so the Complete the Bundle Deal isn't amazing for me...but yeah, for anyone that's more into it than me? It's stellar.

*edit* as I don't really buy soundtracks on Steam...can the audio files be downloaded and played on other sources, such as my phone, for example?
They just install mp3 and flac files to a folder in the game directory that you can copy anywhere you want.

You know, I'd have to give it a try and see if the music files work outside of game-folder and Steam...and work in something like Music Bee. Good question.
I've copied the Killer Instinct soundtrack to my phone and played it though I guess it's possible files from some games could have DRM, but since Steam doesn't have a dedicated music player it seems unlikely. I checked the Android Steam app just now to see if it added a music player but it doesn't have one as far as I can tell.

You know, I'd have to give it a try and see if the music files work outside of game-folder and Steam...and work in something like Music Bee on PC or WinAmp on PC. Good question.

No clue on how it'd work on Phone or anything.

bread's done
Back