Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I've never actually perused GamesPlanet before...reputable, and good deals? I am betting more reputable than, say, CDKeys? :D

I've never actually perused GamesPlanet before...reputable, and good deals? I am betting more reputable than, say, CDKeys? :D
They're definitely a reputable site (it's one of the sites listed on IsThereAnyDeal). I've bought some games from them before, never had a problem personally (I've always used PayPal though).

Actually legit game seller, similar to GMG.

At one point, during the Nacon problems, they were the only place to buy The Sinking City: Complete Edition DRM-FREE as a download and support FrogWares in full. It got delisted from there recently, sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started NG+ in Starfield and I'm trying to figure out what is supposed to be so different about it. I remember a lot of people were saying to rush to it ASAP and it seems like the same exact game to me only with my skills carrying over. 

I started NG+ in Starfield and I'm trying to figure out what is supposed to be so different about it. I remember a lot of people were saying to rush to it ASAP and it seems like the same exact game to me only with my skills carrying over.
Yup, that’s all it is, and some skills and items you pick up again are leveled up a bit. People who were comparing Starfield to Nier Automata are bonkers. It’s the same kind of New Game + that rpgs have had since the SNES & PS1 days.

Actually legit game seller, similar to GMG.

At one point, during the Nacon problems, they were the only place to buy The Sinking City: Complete Edition DRM-FREE as a download and support FrogWares in full. It got delisted from there recently, sadly.
one other thing to keep in mind with gamesplanet, if you can, make an asus rog account and link/login to gamesplanet with it. You get a permanent 5% off everything on top of any other deals

one other thing to keep in mind with gamesplanet, if you can, make an asus rog account and link/login to gamesplanet with it. You get a permanent 5% off everything on top of any other deals
Appreciate the heads-up. Making an Asus account was pretty painless.

The only catch is the discount doesn't kick in unless you have a product registered with your account, which is a fair condition.

Funnily enough I don't think I've ever purchased a single ASUS product.

Yup, that’s all it is, and some skills and items you pick up again are leveled up a bit. People who were comparing Starfield to Nier Automata are bonkers. It’s the same kind of New Game + that rpgs have had since the SNES & PS1 days.
Why would anyone compare Nier Automata and that series' NG+ to any other game?

They usually have you play as other characters, contextualize the story different, and do other stuff w/ the game and its content - which to me, sounds similar to what games that have "Play Same Game With Different Characters & Maybe A Few New Areas & Things" like say RE2 Remake or play as the other character in Scarlet Nexus (I forget her name).

It's one of those Unique NG+ things out there - so much so, I do wonder if it even should be called NG+. But, of course, that's NieR being NieR and breaking rules, being unique, doing stuff different, and whatnot - naming their "Other Campaigns" basically NG+. So slick.

The reason to rush was so that NG+ would be done, or so you could continue pushing to NG+10 then play your sandbox save to do everything and never have to endure losing your outposts, gear, or mission progress. IF they had actually made the NG+ perk have a real effect on how questing worked, then it might have been worth not rushing. They didn't so losing all that progress on your first save isn't worth the trade.

continue pushing to NG+10
nicholas-cage-laughing.gif

The stealth missions in Starfield are so bad. I tried to savescum my way through all the Ryujin missions without getting caught and finally said fuck it and started killing everybody on the last one.

Think I've finished all the major questlines now. Only thing I've yet to do is build an outpost and there are some random side missions left.

Starfield "Review"

Rating 6/10 - Bethesda's gameplay engine is getting really long in the tooth, After 54hrs to get through the main questline, I wish I could find a planet I could rename to Skyrim...unfortunately it would only be a scrubby-bushed barren rock with 3 locations: Abandoned Mineral Plant, Ransacked Research Outpost and a Cave.  I'm done

Pros:

• Good Soundtrack
  • Available on XBoner Game Ass (Awesome!)
  • NasaPunk style
  • First 3/4 of Main Questline fairly interesting, then there is a big event/reveal and it becomes...uninteresting?
  • Probably some interesting faction/side quests, but after the main quest, I have no interest
  • Plays pretty decently on Xbox Series X (what are you doing in the Steam thread, you heathen!!!!)

Cons:

• Planets/Space isn't more seamless 
  • There is no economy. Or rather, remember in Morrowind (21 years ago), when vendors had a pittance for available money so that if you wanted to sell your 100K of  illegal/contraband goods, the vendor could buy 5K of it. Welp, Starfield has carried that 'feature' forward!
  • Pirating ships, registering/selling them nets you a profit of like a few K on at $200K ship....whatever
  • Planet locations are fairly...well...boring....or similar....or both. Planet landscapes between locations are...meh
  • I was convinced by commentary to rush through main quest to get to NG+.  Pretty underwhelmed so far by NG+ you lose all your items, but you do gain some cool toys.  I really don't want to do the main quest over again, not sure I want to do factions/side quests as I don't find the factions all that compelling
  • Kinda annoyed that there is double (triple?) gatekeeping on skills.  1st  I need skill points (1/lvl) 2nd) I need to be certified (perform 20 actions before level 2 unlocks and so on) 3rd: I can't take a tier 2 skill without spending 4 points in a tier 1 skill.  I finished the main quest with 13 remaining skill points unspent.  I am level 29.  I'm glad I left some float, because the latter part of the main quest is gated behind having a ship of a certain level.  If you want a good enough one to make it further into the main quest, it helps to level up your piloting...which I hadn't been focusing on until that point (space basically sucks, imo).  
  • The NPCs have major uncanny valley going on...
  • No planetary vehicles (space buggy, horse?, skateboard? something?). Todd you can go pound sand with a Jump Pack as a vehicle!
  • Probably one of my biggest gripes, encumbrance penalties and lack of cargo...and lack of fast travel when overencumbered. Should be a settings toggle to just remove that (yeah, I'm sure you can do it in the console....)
  • CAD system for Outpost Development
  • CAD system for Ship Development 
  • The 2 above, while I guess some people get into, I think it's a bunch of development that could have been put elsewhere...maybe I'm in the minority

Summary:  While I do love me some Bethesda Jank, there is something to be gained for waiting a while for mods to build out areas that Bethesda could have baked in from the beginning.  Also, time to wrecking ball their engine and start over.  I'm not sure I have any interest in Starfield DLCs.  I will await Elder Scrolls VI: Skyrimfield 

Peace out!

I'd give it a 7. Just because the gunplay is good for once in a Bethesda game which makes getting through the missions easy. I never finished a Fallout game because the gunplay was always shit.

I'd give it a 7. Just because the gunplay is good for once in a Bethesda game which makes getting through the missions easy. I never finished a Fallout game because the gunplay was always shit.
I feel ya. I think the gunplay is a 5-6 when compared to other games...but for a Bethesda game, I can see where you are coming from.

You aren't giving me warm fuzzies though as I wanted to go back and try Fallout 4 now and see what I thought....

I feel ya. I think the gunplay is a 5-6 when compared to other games...but for a Bethesda game, I can see where you are coming from.

You aren't giving me warm fuzzies though as I wanted to go back and try Fallout 4 now and see what I thought....
Fallout 4 has aged like a fine milk. I recently tried to give it another shot and it was brutal.

Any <$10 games yall recommend from the current (no VNs, sports, sims), or should I just hold out for Black Friday sales?
Brotato got me 54 hours of enjoyment and it's 20% off right now at $4. By most accounts the Avengers game is good for $4 of fun and about to be delisted, so if you want it, get it now. In general though I'd probably hold out for the sales season starting next month.

Any <$10 games yall recommend from the current (no VNs, sports, sims), or should I just hold out for Black Friday sales?
Vampire Survivors gets very, very repetitive, but it's also very fun while you're still unlocking and seeing a bunch. It's very decent for the cheaper price.

Sooooooo everyone swears the bounty for Starfield is in the missions... and there were some genuinely fun points.  NC's missions for the xeno's was interesting.  Lights off in my house as I played the last mission and it had a couple of good jumps. 

The story was far more interesting but honestly, Walters critiques are all valid.  Whats the point of getting a ship when I only get a couple thousand creds... and in order to SELL it I have to register it first.  Lame

Whats the point of getting a ship when I only get a couple thousand creds... and in order to SELL it I have to register it first. Lame
So, the patch has removed the 'vendor chest cheese/cheat', which people say 'just run a console command". Well 1) I believe that will not allow further achievements and 2) Xbox doesn't have console...yet.

More importantly, an approach Bethesda could have chose, was instead of spending time on removing the chest/cheat...I don't know. GIVE VENDORS MUCH MORE MONEY!!!! Especially the ones that deal in contraband.

If I want to play a Han Solo...running contraband from point a to point b....why bother? The return sucks because vendors run out of credits in the blink of an eye. You need to sit outside of the Trade Authority vendor for like 24/48 in game hours for the Trade Authority to reset his credits. And repeat this I don't know....5-10 times??? Just lame.

I could play a space pirate and steal ships and sell them...Nope. No money there with the depreciation and registration fee. Profit is like $1-3K...I can get that selling 1 contraband or a bunch of guns/crap I pick up.

Someone made an interesting point: The Crimson Fleet. What are they pirating? How are they making money? Not by following the rules applied to the PCs.

The economy has been neutered so that people don't become 'OP'. Which is lame in a single-player game.

I remember being annoyed at vendors having no money in Morrowind.

It's funny searching online about vendor gold in Morrowind and finding people talking about "you don't want to 'ruin the economy'" and "just get all the vendors gold and all his items then sell the items back to him over the next couple weeks" a couple years ago.

It's funny searching online about vendor gold in Morrowind and finding people talking about "you don't want to 'ruin the economy'" and "just get all the vendors gold and all his items then sell the items back to him over the next couple weeks" a couple years ago.
I recently tried to play Morrowind, had a number of mods, looked pretty good given a 22 year old game. Of course, one of the mods is to have vendors actually have a larger amount of money....go figure. I played for a while, but man, the combat is just harsh....I just don't enjoy the 'i bonk, u bonk' combat feel of Morrowind...I noped out....maybe I'll go back...alas I digress...

My point is...Bethesda has been dragging this same vendor design/system for more than 22 years now...maybe it's time to give it a rest guys...

(So I guess I'll be waiting for the xbox vendor 'mo-money' mods.....)

So, the patch has removed the 'vendor chest cheese/cheat', which people say 'just run a console command". Well 1) I believe that will not allow further achievements and 2) Xbox doesn't have console...yet.

More importantly, an approach Bethesda could have chose, was instead of spending time on removing the chest/cheat...I don't know. GIVE VENDORS MUCH MORE MONEY!!!! Especially the ones that deal in contraband.

If I want to play a Han Solo...running contraband from point a to point b....why bother? The return sucks because vendors run out of credits in the blink of an eye. You need to sit outside of the Trade Authority vendor for like 24/48 in game hours for the Trade Authority to reset his credits. And repeat this I don't know....5-10 times??? Just lame.

I could play a space pirate and steal ships and sell them...Nope. No money there with the depreciation and registration fee. Profit is like $1-3K...I can get that selling 1 contraband or a bunch of guns/crap I pick up.

Someone made an interesting point: The Crimson Fleet. What are they pirating? How are they making money? Not by following the rules applied to the PCs.

The economy has been neutered so that people don't become 'OP'. Which is lame in a single-player game.
All the chests? Or just the Akila ones because unless they fixed being able to get under the UC spaceport then that chest is still fair game lol. I'm very surprised they even patched it out because even Skyrim anniversary has the Khajit caravan chest in a bush exploit. Pretty stupid of them because building ships was the only real use for credits and pretty fun once you get the hang of it.

I did spend more time building ships than actually flying them though. :whistle2:

All the chests? Or just the Akila ones because unless they fixed being able to get under the UC spaceport then that chest is still fair game lol. I'm very surprised they even patched it out because even Skyrim anniversary has the Khajit caravan chest in a bush exploit. Pretty stupid of them because building ships was the only real use for credits and pretty fun once you get the hang of it.

I did spend more time building ships than actually flying them though. :whistle2:
All the chests (that I know of): UC space port + the 2 or 3 you could ransack skipping over there, Stroud shipyard and Akila Magic Puddle are all gone. People theorize they have just been put lower out of reach so you can't get to them by clipping.

Sooooooo everyone swears the bounty for Starfield is in the missions... and there were some genuinely fun points. NC's missions for the xeno's was interesting. Lights off in my house as I played the last mission and it had a couple of good jumps.

The story was far more interesting but honestly, Walters critiques are all valid. Whats the point of getting a ship when I only get a couple thousand creds... and in order to SELL it I have to register it first. Lame
I've been using some high level ship I got from completing a quest line. I forget which one it was. The ship combat is my least favorite part of the game so all I need is a ship powerful enough to deal with any groups that I have to kill to progress a mission.

Can't players just use the Construction Kit and create a vendor w/ lots of money & stick that vendor somewhere? [shrug]

I'm guess by now, some modder had made a vendor w/ lots of gold and it's probably on Nexus.

EDIT:

Will it have an offline mode finally?

Can't players just use the Construction Kit and create a vendor w/ lots of money & stick that vendor somewhere? [shrug]

I'm guess by now, some modder had made a vendor w/ lots of gold and it's probably on Nexus.
I'm sure.

My point was what Wa1ter pointed out in next post, Bethesda still doing the same stupid thing with vendors 20+ years later.

Worth pointing-out - Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG has been having issues w/ booting and crashing since Version 2.0. I had issues too - but it looks it's possible that there could be forced DRM-checks w/ Galaxy for the PL Expansion w/ GOG's servers and/or with Galaxy needed to run in background, even on GOG version.

I have had issues, updated to new NVidia Drivers; still had issues. Hit and miss, sometimes it just crashes after boot w/ no Galaxy going. Galaxy runs, though - yep, V2.0 runs fine.

This worked for me on CP 2077 version 2.0: run it in W7 Compatibility Mode and it'll work w/out Galaxy going.

I don't have PL Expansion yet though.

More on this:

-> https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/cyberpunk_2077_is_no_longer_drmfree

-> https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/phantom_liberty_possible_solutions_for_crashes_here

-> https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/3878218962828086885/

-> https://github.com/Heroic-Games-Launcher/HeroicGamesLauncher/issues/3078#issuecomment-1736207632

Worth pointing-out - Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG has been having issues w/ booting and crashing since Version 2.0. I had issues too - but it looks it's possible that there could be forced DRM-checks w/ Galaxy for the PL Expansion w/ GOG's servers and/or with Galaxy needed to run in background, even on GOG version.

I have had issues, updated to new NVidia Drivers; still had issues. Hit and miss, sometimes it just crashes after boot w/ no Galaxy going. Galaxy runs, though - yep, V2.0 runs fine.

This worked for me on CP 2077 version 2.0: run it in W7 Compatibility Mode and it'll work w/out Galaxy going.

I don't have PL Expansion yet though.

More on this:

-> https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/cyberpunk_2077_is_no_longer_drmfree

-> https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/3878218962828086885/

-> https://github.com/Heroic-Games-Launcher/HeroicGamesLauncher/issues/3078#issuecomment-1736207632
I own it but if you want me to be brutally honest, I figured for the first 2 months I'd let ya'll beta test it for me... then they'll work through the bugs (again) and there ya go.

@Starfield

It's funny, I'm trying to level my targetting/ship handling.. and it's by far boring. But then... I get like 2K for a ship. I get that much going down to random planet and doing a single "base" and selling like 2-3 outfits. But now I am running into the same issue Walter mentioned.. I 'ran' around NA today and all the vendors were empty and I still have like 350lbs (or whatever) over my 150 to go. And that was 1 base and 2 caves. Sheesh.

But I will say a couple of the stories HAVE been good (the side ones.. the main one is boring af)

I own it but if you want me to be brutally honest, I figured for the first 2 months I'd let ya'll beta test it for me... then they'll work through the bugs (again) and there ya go.
Do you mean you also own PL? Or are you like me & only the base-game?

I took V2.0 update b/c it was free. I'm sure I'll buy PL Expansion later, at some point - but not yet.

But, I also backed-up v1.63 in full elsewhere anyways (i.e. in another folder not tied to Galaxy), just in case; I've learned from other games having updates and breaking the game, breaking saves (i.e. go see Krater or GTA SA update), breaking mods (Fallout 3 update broke a lot of FOSE mods), causing other new issues, new system req's make the game stiffer to run on older hardware, etc etc.

I don't know why I even own a PS5 at this point. Wait a couple years and every Sony game gets ported to PC with all DLC included, a cheaper price tag and better performance.

Consoles without exclusives feel like a waste of space and money.
Personally, once those last clowns showed up I never bothered with the final mission at all. Screw that silliness. It went off the rails further than Andromeda IMO

bread's done
Back