Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I don't know why I even own a PS5 at this point. Wait a couple years and every Sony game gets ported to PC with all DLC included, a cheaper price tag and better performance.

Consoles without exclusives feel like a waste of space and money.
Demon's Souls (OG or Remake) and Bloodborne still ain't got a PC port.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worth pointing-out - Cyberpunk 2077 on GOG has been having issues w/ booting and crashing since Version 2.0. I had issues too - but it looks it's possible that there could be forced DRM-checks w/ Galaxy for the PL Expansion w/ GOG's servers and/or with Galaxy needed to run in background, even on GOG version.

I have had issues, updated to new NVidia Drivers; still had issues. Hit and miss, sometimes it just crashes after boot w/ no Galaxy going. Galaxy runs, though - yep, V2.0 runs fine.

This worked for me on CP 2077 version 2.0: run it in W7 Compatibility Mode and it'll work w/out Galaxy going.

I don't have PL Expansion yet though.

More on this:

-> https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/cyberpunk_2077_is_no_longer_drmfree

-> https://www.gog.com/forum/cyberpunk_2077/phantom_liberty_possible_solutions_for_crashes_here

-> https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/3878218962828086885/

-> https://github.com/Heroic-Games-Launcher/HeroicGamesLauncher/issues/3078#issuecomment-1736207632
From another forum, a poster had this problem though I think he had PL.

"If you want to run Phantom Liberty:

1). Install Cyberpunk 2077 v2.0 - NOT the "PL" patched version. Sadly the original v2.0 may no longer be available, or may only be available by way of rollback using GoG Galaxy (sucks for those of us using offline installers eh)
2). Copy the files Galaxy64.dll and GameServicesGOG.dll to a secure location
3). Update your install to v2.0-PL
4). Run the Phantom Liberty DLC installer
5). Overwrite the files Galaxy64.dll and GameServicesGOG.dll with the old copies you made earlier.

Tada! Now it works, even if you are not using GoG Galaxy. Reportedly the game is crashing if it can't detect GoG Galaxy running in the background, or something, but replacing those two DLLs removes the check (or somehow prevents it from crashing when the check fails)."

Either way, I think I will wait a bit on PL expansion.

Porting 4 and Lost Legacy without those was an odd choice. That's probably the reason it didn't sell much on PC.
I'd bet you're right.

Regardless, a friend did sell me his PS4 with some controllers (since he bought the PS5 a while ago) and also bundled w/ it Uncharted: NDC, God of War 2018, and TLOU: Remastered. Uncharted DF and TLOU: RM were awesome. And so far, God of War 2018 rules.

Also bought Kingdom Hearts 3 pre-owned from GameStop for like $6. It's like whoever owned it barely touched the game disc. Disc has like no marks or anything on it.

EDIT - Bloodborne Complete is around $17 on PlayStation Store digitally. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Complete Ed is like $5 also on PS digital store.

Also, I don't think The Order: 1886 got a PC port either.

I'd bet you're right.

Regardless, a friend did sell me his PS4 with some controllers (since he bought the PS5 a while ago) and also bundled w/ it Uncharted: NDC, God of War 2018, and TLOU: Remastered. Uncharted DF and TLOU: RM were awesome. And so far, God of War 2018 rules.

Also bought Kingdom Hearts 3 pre-owned from GameStop for like $6. It's like whoever owned it barely touched the game disc. Disc has like no marks or anything on it.

EDIT - Bloodborne Complete is around $17 on PlayStation Store digitally. Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Complete Ed is like $5 also on PS digital store.

Also, I don't think The Order: 1886 got a PC port either.
I recommend checking out the Shadow of the Colossus remake. There's really nothing else quite like it.

Sounds like Ghostwire Tokyo will be one of the free Prime games next month. Glad I passed on the humble bundle now. The trend of every Bethesda game being given away for free continues.

Semi-related, but Amazon Prime is now adding an additional fee starting in 2024 to not see ads on Prime Video.

While I have a fairly robust Prime Gaming library and enjoy that feature, along with shipping benefits, I'm tired of getting nickle and dimed.  My Prime was renewing in 3 days and I am cancelling.

I'm left with Crunchyroll, Shonen, and YouTube Premium (easiest way to remove ads on non-PC/Android devices and Premium subs give better $$$ to content creators than ads). 

PSA over.

Semi-related, but Amazon Prime is now adding an additional fee starting in 2024 to not see ads on Prime Video.

While I have a fairly robust Prime Gaming library and enjoy that feature, along with shipping benefits, I'm tired of getting nickle and dimed. My Prime was renewing in 3 days and I am cancelling.

I'm left with Crunchyroll, Shonen, and YouTube Premium (easiest way to remove ads on non-PC/Android devices and Premium subs give better $$$ to content creators than ads).

PSA over.
Counterpoint:

Rather than RAISING my Amazon price even more, I'm thankful they've allowed this to be a separate upcharge. I really don't care for anything on Prime. Upload is the only show I watch. I def don't care for LOTR-lite or Wheel of some random other fantasy.

For me, this is a smart move. Although, Hulu's ads have gone from 30-90 second blocks to darned near 2 minutes every time which is killing me on small 30 minute shows.

I don't think we've had Prime in about 5+ years now and haven't missed it. No clue why people feel they need it anymore.
Probably psychological at this point. I have a year banked from before the last price increase, but I haven't had any desire to use it yet.

I don't know why I even own a PS5 at this point. Wait a couple years and every Sony game gets ported to PC with all DLC included, a cheaper price tag and better performance.

Consoles without exclusives feel like a waste of space and money.
At this rate, my PS5 is going to be used more as a way to still play my old PS4 discs and whatever PS5 discs I own once SONY phases out physical media.

Counterpoint:

Rather than RAISING my Amazon price even more, I'm thankful they've allowed this to be a separate upcharge. I really don't care for anything on Prime. Upload is the only show I watch. I def don't care for LOTR-lite or Wheel of some random other fantasy.

For me, this is a smart move. Although, Hulu's ads have gone from 30-90 second blocks to darned near 2 minutes every time which is killing me on small 30 minute shows.
Yeah the Hulu ads are getting annoying. I'm streaming My Hero Academia and man, it's like I'm watching DragonBall Z back in the 90s....5 min recap, 5 min commercial, 5 min battle build-up, 5 min commercial, 5 min battle build-up, 5 min commercial/credits.

I don't think we've had Prime in about 5+ years now and haven't missed it. No clue why people feel they need it anymore.
I’ve been telling my father to cancel for years, but as long as he keeps resubbing, I may as well leech the free games he’s not using.

Question for you all: I just started Cyberpunk and I got to a computer in game and it had multiple users on it. I clicked the first one and read all the stuff. After I couldn't figure out how to back out and select one of the other users. Anyone have a solution to this? I tried google and couldn't find anything.

Yeah the Hulu ads are getting annoying. I'm streaming My Hero Academia and man, it's like I'm watching DragonBall Z back in the 90s....5 min recap, 5 min commercial, 5 min battle build-up, 5 min commercial, 5 min battle build-up, 5 min commercial/credits.
Me too! Just discovered Academia... so I fast forward through to the first commercial break, but that last one where I have to skip the credits to get to the next time on part is killer.

Where is our hero Tony to fix Amazon when we need him?
esquire-tony-hawk.gif

I miss Tony... he gave me a key like 10 years ago that is STILL giving me games all because I love the publisher. I owe that dude a coffee.
Which publisher I'm curious? The only key I remember giving me stuff later (and I don't think anything for years now) was some RPG publisher.

I've got one of those publisher keys too (from Alienware) but they're not exactly known for releasing games anymore..

At least I got a dead card game and a good VR game that I can't play? :bouncy:

The only publisher key I got was some shovelware publisher that I don't think has their stuff on steam anymore.  Was good for cards at least.

Man Tony was around peak game sales time in history. Steam was killing it, Tony was throwing out batshit insane deals, giveaways.

To be alive and buying games at that time.

Looks like 115gb too. Sheesh.

Why is it so much bigger than the old v1.63 game just being installed?
I read somewhere that it was all the language packs. Don't know for sure though.

Thumbs up on the DeepRock Vampire Survivors demo.

Finally got a 4080 in my setup. Got one new off Ebay when I was paying for a LEGO minifigure (Beast to go with Wolverine I already had from new minifigure set). Freakin' huge haha. I had plenty of space, but yeah I really hope they minimize these designs a bit for future iterations. I'll see when I replace it in 10 years or something. Now time to play some indie games and demos from the FPS fest thing!

Time to leave the master race like I did, my friend
I can't imagine why anyone would completely abandon having a halfway capable pc at this point.
Having a halfway capable PC gets you double value out of Xbox Game Pass immediately... and even though PC game deals are worse, PC game prices are still often better than console game prices save for at the AAA level.

Bundle prices still beat out all but the deepest discount prices on console games.

Now, having a top-of-the-line PC isn't worth it like it use to be, but you can blame chip shortages and crypto bros for messing things up so badly and for so long that the math is different.

But we are now heading to the exciting time of the year for console gamers: Lots of new product and lots of deep discounts of last years product in Q4. But you'd definitely want a PC for the other three quarters of the year.

Also PC is where you can very easily play many indie games. New releases generally get discounts from 10-30% off or so. Bundles are very cheap ways to get many games as well. Also in my case many indie games, visual novels, doujin games, and other things never make it out of the PC. I'm not about to lose that. I was rocking a 1070Ti for many years now and still was playing a whole bunch of games, although I couldn't really play the AAA games well. PC does have heavy initial expenses, but unless you overhaul your system often, I last years on my builds.

bread's done
Back