Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
after reading what you guys said above i might pass. at this point in my life the plug n play nature of the switch will be preferred. especially for my RPG’s like star ocean
I'm very new to PC gaming been a console gamer my entire life except for playing Half-Life 2 Episode 1 on my PC in college. I think the Steam Deck is a great entry level platform and very easy to use for gaming using the Steam OS.

I don't mess with emulation or side loading and I really bought it to play older games I never played from the PS2/Xbox/360/PS3 era and newer indie games. I really think that the Deck is incredibly conformable to use. I also have the official dock and use it occasionally on my TV via plug and play with a Xbox controller. It works great on my TV.

The switch tends to give my hand cramps using it portable so I manly use that system docked with a pro style controller.

I had a blast playing Warhammer Space Marine Anniversary, Metal Gear Rising, Legacy of Kain Defiance, Black Mesa, Strider and some newer indie games like Bomb Rush, En Garde, Terror of Hemasaurus, Shovel Knight Dig, Neon White, Dome Keeper, Heat Signature, Dead Cells Return to Castlevania and more.

I also think that there are so many avenues to get cheap steam keys to try things out. There are lots of great bundle deals at Fanatical, Humble etc plus Steam games can sell for super cheap. I just bought YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z for $3 on Steam this week to try out on Deck. That is a game that is listed as not compatible but I used ProtonDB.com and it reports that it does work. I haven't tried it yet but I installed it yesterday.

I purchased the 256GB model and a 512GB SD card and I have too many games on the system to play. I personally recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:
any opinions on the steam portable ?
I have a steam deck and ROG Ally. I rarely use my steam deck anymore but I've been using the ROG Ally quite a lot. I think steam deck is better optimized for gaming on the go as it has better battery life, but if you're gonna be plugged in most of the time there's no point in getting a steam deck. I got tired of the compatibility issues with games or the weird quirks from having to deal with proton. The Ally is far from perfect but windows is just better for gaming and the only downsides are the battery life and a very common SD card slot failure defect.

That being said, Legion Go releases tomorrow so I'd wait for reviews on that before buying anything if you don't mind the $700 price range.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - requires 8gb VRAM GPU for minimum.

Stiff system requirements incoming.
Frontiers-of-Pandora-PC-specs.jpg

I'm not ever an early adopter anymore, those days are gone TBH. Steam Deck I got in a smidge early on... and for what it is, I DO use it a LOT. I mean, my Switch only got brought out because of Mario Wonder and now that's almost done so it'll go back into storage.

In the Steam Decks favor is that Valve has the majority of my games on one platform. I do play VNs though so sometimes Linux is hit or miss. I've now learned about Wine and some of the ways around it and can play a majority of my needs. I debated hard going to Windows on it but for now it's what I need.

Asus ROG, I've had for years as a brand so they sold me. BB's Black Friday deal + the 2TB upgrade chip (more or less free with full price Ally purchase) had me looking but ultimately it's just not there. But similarly to Steam they're actively working / improving.

Lenovo is a brand I've dodged away from on laptops so I'm not sure what they've got to offer but I definitely wouldn't be on the cutting edge of that one.

My biggest WANT right now, it something that can cloud game in my household from whatever system has the game I wanna play. Whether that's Star-whatever on Xbox, or Spiderman 2 on PS5, or whatever I'd love to just have one platform on which to stream it. My internal household network is about as good as it comes right now so, keep me off the net and I'd be happy. And I rarely ever go on trips anymore but when I do, I usually load what I plan to play locally anyways.
So the Logitech G Cloud thing?

I've thought about buying a Steam Deck before but I'm never in a scenario where I would need to game on a handheld. Even my Switch has been docked 95% of the time. I could see it being useful for someone who travels a lot. 

I've thought about buying a Steam Deck before but I'm never in a scenario where I would need to game on a handheld. Even my Switch has been docked 95% of the time. I could see it being useful for someone who travels a lot.
For me, I work from home, but when it's nice to get away from my desk and just play a game while sitting on the couch... or on the front porch.

For me, I work from home, but when it's nice to get away from my desk and just play a game while sitting on the couch... or on the front porch.
On the throne, in my bed, while the spouse is watching the main TV, on the porch, when I have to visit her family ;) Same here though, after being chained to my desk for work for most of the day, anywhere NOT in front of it is best.

This is purely supposition, but Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time is having an 85% off sale that strikes me as a "about to be delisted" type of sale. November 12th will mark 4 years since its release and previous Doctor Who games have been removed in very similar time frames. Again, I have no real news about that, but it seems very plausible, and also seems like the level of sale it's not going to ever be any cheaper than anyway. Of course it's VR only and apparently the versions on other platforms are superior, but collectors out there might want to take note.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1075400/Doctor_Who_The_Edge_Of_Time/

Steam Play the Legends bundle

games I already own so have it

Batman Arkham City

25TDH-QQZAX-GB0CL

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor

KL84M-D85CM-I6FFK

Batman Arkham Asylum

4KLFT-54AWG-N0YLQ

Mortal Kombat 11

RT7FJ-2WDD6-428FV 

MK 11 Ultimate Add on

Q2CPG-G90ZR-F3GX9

Batmam Arkham Knight

N5HPX-VIEVC-BY4TP

Back 4 Blood

V3FQX-EXCHZ-87GW9

Anal Wake #2 is my GotY. Honestly thought it was going to suck but for some reason I loved the original so I impulsively bought the new one and it's real good. And now that I've seen a fully path-traced toilet I don't think I can ever go back.

Personally, I can't afford the hardware to have my real life, at home toilet's lighting realistically rendered, AW2 may be my best option for such a spectacle.

Anal Wake #2 is my GotY. Honestly thought it was going to suck but for some reason I loved the original so I impulsively bought the new one and it's real good. And now that I've seen a fully path-traced toilet I don't think I can ever go back.
Please do the right thing, and never change this. It's perfect just the way it is.

Anal Woke is more like it

https://youtu.be/n451Go1_d_U

I’ll wait for inevitable bundle fodder . In no rush to play anal woke 2

On the plus side baldurs gate 3 looks nice . I’ll wait for next years Black Friday, hope the dlc is available by then

I've been looking forward to another Alan Wake game, but I think I'll wait a couple years and see if it hits Steam. Funded by Epic by my understanding so it's less likely, but either way, there should be a nice discount by then.

I just used my DRP on a S3422DWG. I was hoping to pick up a second by the end of the year for my wife, but that seems unlikely now.
I guess I got in on it a little late, but I still managed to get the S3222DGM when it was 239, so not too bad for free. But yeah gravy train seems to have ended.

Extremely generic survivor game Nomad Survival is, but it's fun enough for like an hour or two. I don't remember being very challenged by it when I played it bundled a while back.

DO NOT claim RAGE 2 from Prime Gaming yet if you already have the free base game from the prior Epic giveaway, it will give you nothing. I would assume Amazon will fix this at some point but those of us who already claimed it may end up screwed. If you missed that giveaway you can claim it and it will give you the Deluxe edition but it will not add the Deluxe upgrade currently.

Dumb old PC hardware diatribe:

Bought four M.2 in 2tb since storage memory prices are falling/early Black Friday/extend-the-life-of-this-aging-rig-a-little-longer

Got so excited when the new, speedier drives were delivered, I took the day off to install/format/sweat-profusely-over-my-open-tower-and-fragile-'puter-parts.

Found 2 M.2 slots, but one already had a drive I bought years ago (totally forgot about) and the other disables half of my SATA ports if a SSD is installed in it (Um, WTF?)

Researched "M.2 PCIe expansion cards" while I sat upon my toilet, which still only has baked on lighting/shadows. See also "PCIe bifurcation" in BIOS settings

Found that my mobo has 2 x PCIe 16, but only 1 that actually runs at x16 speeds/power, wherein sits my GPU, while the other does x4 (WTF, again?)

So, no dice...

Cried a little when I did the math: Money Spent (times) Day Off Wasted (divided by) Insufficient PC Features = Back to Peasant-ing for the foreseeable future. This happen to anyone else? Hit me up on AIM and we'll commiserate

yea its a common thing. There are only so many PCIe lanes on a processor itself, and those get divided up in various ways. I.e. my 5900x has 20 total lanes, 16 of those are gone off the bat for the gpu leaving only 4, which is basically just one of the m.2 slots. From there you are dealing with the extra storage controller/chipset (x570) on the motherboard and thats where the sata stealing comes in. So thats why you always have to consult the motherboard manual to see what you gain or lose when using various slots (even the other PCIe slots because if you stick any card into one of the x16 slots you've just immediately cut your gpu lanes in half while the others are coming from the chipset)

I needed HDD space, not speed (like SSD's) have.

Recently bought  4TB HDD for my PS4 last week (had no room internally on its small 500GB internal HDD) and this week bought a 14TB external HDD for my Windows PC's. Certainly gonna need all this space with all of these games eating so much space.

I can't remember when - but earlier in the year, since I had no room inside the PC and all - I bought a USB 3.2 Orico SSD Enclosure (PWM2-G2) at Newegg for an extra M.2 SSD cheap that I had laying around. This one supports M-Key/B&M-Key. So, yeah - if you need an enclosure, make sure the SSD-key type you have's supported and that you got the right USB-type on the other end. That's a good idea, if you say got no room inside your PC and just need somewhere to stick a nice SSD drive you have b/c you bought & picked-up one cheap. 

I should note: I use the external SSD's or external HDD's on PC mostly as storage. When I run games - especially recent stuff and big stuff - it's on the internal drives.

EDIT - Also got USB-based hard-drive docks for SSD's and HDD's. So, there's another idea, if you got extra hard drives  just lingering - whether SSD, laptop style HDD, desktop style SSD, or whatever. Just...again, make sure whatever drive type you plan to use in the Dock, make sure the Dock supports that.

Recently bought 4TB HDD for my PS4 last week (had no room internally on its small 500GB internal HDD) and this week bought a 14TB external HDD for my Windows PC's. Certainly gonna need all this space with all of these games eating so much space.
Did you get that WD Black 4TB clearance deal from Walmart? Mine had both the 4TB HDD and 1TB SSD half off, so I ended up going back and forth between size or speed, and in the end, I chose size. Ended up being $51

Recently bought 4TB HDD for my PS4 last week (had no room internally on its small 500GB internal HDD) and this week bought a 14TB external HDD for my Windows PC's. Certainly gonna need all this space with all of these games eating so much space.

I can't remember when - but earlier in the year, since I had no room inside the PC and all - I bought a USB 3.2 Orico SSD Enclosure (PWM2-G2) at Newegg for an extra M.2 SSD cheap that I had laying around. This one supports M-Key/B&M-Key. So, yeah - if you need an enclosure, make sure the SSD-key type you have's supported and that you got the right USB-type on the other end. That's a good idea, if you say got no room inside your PC and just need somewhere to stick a nice SSD drive you have b/c you bought & picked-up one cheap.

I should note: I use the external SSD's or external HDD's on PC mostly as storage. When I run games - especially recent stuff and big stuff - it's on the internal drives.

EDIT - Also got USB-based hard-drive docks for SSD's and HDD's. So, there's another idea, if you got extra hard drives just lingering - whether SSD, laptop style HDD, desktop style SSD, or whatever. Just...again, make sure whatever drive type you plan to use in the Dock, make sure the Dock supports that.
You've jogged my memory, that i purchased an external USB-C m.2 bay. I need to muck about with that. Granted, I don't have a USB-C port on my tower....but still :D

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III (2023).

Info:
- Supposedly, the campaign can be finished in 3-4 hours.
- And the previous game's campaign Modern Warfare II (2022) is about double the length (6-8 hours).
- There's been rumors for a while that MW III (2023) was originally supposed to be a DLC for MW2 (2022).

Sources:
- From VGC - https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/modern-warfare-3-campaign-can-be-finished-in-3-4-hours-its-claimed/
- One Tweet made on it.
- Another Tweet from someone else

Dumb old PC hardware diatribe:

Bought four M.2 in 2tb since storage memory prices are falling/early Black Friday/extend-the-life-of-this-aging-rig-a-little-longer

Got so excited when the new, speedier drives were delivered, I took the day off to install/format/sweat-profusely-over-my-open-tower-and-fragile-'puter-parts.

Found 2 M.2 slots, but one already had a drive I bought years ago (totally forgot about) and the other disables half of my SATA ports if a SSD is installed in it (Um, WTF?)

Researched "M.2 PCIe expansion cards" while I sat upon my toilet, which still only has baked on lighting/shadows. See also "PCIe bifurcation" in BIOS settings

Found that my mobo has 2 x PCIe 16, but only 1 that actually runs at x16 speeds/power, wherein sits my GPU, while the other does x4 (WTF, again?)

So, no dice...

Cried a little when I did the math: Money Spent (times) Day Off Wasted (divided by) Insufficient PC Features = Back to Peasant-ing for the foreseeable future. This happen to anyone else? Hit me up on AIM and we'll commiserate
Sadly, only the newest motherboards have more than 2 m.2 slots these days and you'll still have the pci-e lane issue. The upside is they usually don't steal bandwidth from the sata ports now. Downside is many mobo's only have 4 sata ports now.

The Rage 2 Deluxe claim is back on Amazon Prime Gaming and now works for everyone whether you had the base game on Epic or not and everyone who claimed it previously should now see the DLC in your account.

Reventure - G9PM2-YWV??-8DQE8  With the question marks being the last two digits of the release year of Spyhunter Arcade.

Last edited:
Got a message from Blizzard offering me Diablo IV for $39.99 today and still think it's too much. 

The beta didn't grab me at all and it seems like far too much Battle Pass type stuff.  

MysterD's VRAM requirement future has finally come to fruition.   :pray:   But only through poor optimization and weak PC-first development. 

Double Dragon Advance is out now for $6.99. This is probably the best game in the series, it's a GBA remake of the first one but with more moves and some enemies and stages from later games, and also matrix guys in suits for some reason. What's nice about this version is you can play 2 player mode without a second Game Boy.

Super Double Dragon is also out, and they added a feature where you can speed up the game without messing up the music.

Got a message from Blizzard offering me Diablo IV for $39.99 today and still think it's too much.

The beta didn't grab me at all and it seems like far too much Battle Pass type stuff.
I played through the main story for "free" on Xbox before MS revoked the price error keys. I did not care for the endgame at all so I never bought it after that.

Double Dragon Advance is out now for $6.99. This is probably the best game in the series, it's a GBA remake of the first one but with more moves and some enemies and stages from later games, and also matrix guys in suits for some reason. What's nice about this version is you can play 2 player mode without a second Game Boy.
Maybe the best version that can easily be obtained. From everything I’ve heard, the Zeebo version is a significant improvement, and the long delisted mobile version (I think developed by Brizo) was an improved version of the Zeebo version? Somebody really needs to port at least one of those to a system people can actually play. Preferably both.

Valve announced an upgraded OLED Steam Deck and put the 64gb and 512gb versions on clearance for $349 and $449 respectively until they sell out which will probably be pretty quickly.

https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck

There's also refurbished units still in stock of the 256gb and 512gb models at $319 and $359.

https://store.steampowered.com/sale/steamdeckrefurbished/
Why couldn’t this have been a failure? I just want something handheld to play PS2 games and VNs on, and this would have been perfect to pick up for like $100 on clearance.

bread's done
Back