Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Today is likely the best day to buy anything Square Enix related on GMG. 10% Rakuten cashback. Probably won't go higher unless they do something for new years.
Today gmg sent me an email with a extra 5% promo code. Not sure if these went out to everyone or if it's targeted. Slightly better than the xp pack one though

The year-end review was an eye-opener. Despite buying a $500 gpu this year, I sunk 99% of my playtime on steam deck.

I'm actually thinking about Elden Ring. But if I've waited this long, I should wait for the upcoming dlc package release, shouldn't I?

Today gmg sent me an email with a extra 5% promo code. Not sure if these went out to everyone or if it's targeted. Slightly better than the xp pack one though

The year-end review was an eye-opener. Despite buying a $500 gpu this year, I sunk 99% of my playtime on steam deck.

I'm actually thinking about Elden Ring. But if I've waited this long, I should wait for the upcoming dlc package release, shouldn't I?
Was gonna buy elden ring with the GMG code.. until I realized it was one of the games excluded lol

pouring-out-liquor.gif

We're pouring a 40 for Tom on the left...
smothers-mom.gif

Yeah, the 5% pushed over the edge to finally buy SaGA: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions for almost $7 from GMG.

About Elden Ring - bought it for PS4 recently. I had some Gift Card $ ($10 worth) and my $10 coupon for joining GameStop Pro Rewards thing, so I bought ER for PS4 when it was on sale for like $20 late last month. After all my GC's ($10) and $10, it costed me like 70 cents or so, LOL.

What a steal.

Thanks for the reminder on the 5% extra on GMG. Too bad I bought some DLC already and Dave the Diver, but I'll find something.
Yeah I bought most of the stuff I wanted when I had 2% coupons or during the 6%/10% cashback. Minstrel song isn't a terrible deal, it's somehow avoided being lower than this for a whole year. I'd get Forspoken if I didn't already have it on PS5, the PS5 version is supposedly more optimized. Those are the two I'm deciding between for the 5% off coupon

Haven't purchased anything so far. Realistically the interesting sale games I don't already own in some for are Days Gone, Bravely Default II, and Stranger of Paradise. Anyone have an opinion on the deluxe edition (season pass) of SoP FF Origin being worthwhile?

Last edited:
Haven't purchased anything so far. Realistically the interesting sale games I don't already own in some for are Days Gone, Bravely Default II, and Stranger of Paradise. Anyone have an opinion on the deluxe edition (season pass) of SoP FF Origin being worthwhile?
The DLC for SoP is all post game, so it's hard to say. If you really like the game and play it for hundreds of hours, then yeah the DLC is gonna be worth it to you. I ended up buying the deluxe edition regardless during the 10% cashback. Day's Gone has been cheaper on the gray market, I got it for $8.73 the other day.

Got it on psn for $2 I think, also the link says error and too many frequent visits lately for some reason. Also as me logged out which I shouldn't be so I almost logged in but I find it suspicious so I didn't go through
Same thing is happening to me, even when I use their client. Might be a DDOS happening on the site.

Days Gone PC port is awesome. I must've spent 90 hours or so w/ that one. Loved it; thought it was severely underrated.
Listen to this wise man (did I just say this???)!
My testosterone levels shot through the roof playing this game! All kidding aside, I have 120hrs logged in this game (completed main storyline and side quests except for killing off all the hordes) just ended playing it a few months ago.

One of my favorite takes on post-apocalyptic zombie genre gaming. Great story, Interesting characters. Looked great, fun to ride the bike around and blast zombies. Miss hanging out with Boozer, Rikki, etc.

Great game that really flew under the radar. If you like RDR2, I think you'd like Days Gone.

Almost forgot about this coupon so I went ahead and used it on a pre-order for the Apollo Justice trilogy that's coming out next month. Knocked a couple extra bucks off so I'm happy with that.

Saints Row is rumored to be tomorrow's epic freebie, along with Guardians of the Galaxy on the 31st. No guarantees, but they seem to be guesses from accurate sources

Loved GotG Game, so that rocks - played that on PC Game Pass, a while back. Been wanting a great deal on Saints Row 2022, so that'll work too. Can't beat the price of $0. Cool. Hope that's all true.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Did anyone else out of the box have a Steam Deck set to limit download speeds? We nearly returned ours thinking it was defective until I dug deep into the settings to see what was up. Figured I'd ask in case anyone else had the same experience at Christmas.

Did anyone else out of the box have a Steam Deck set to limit download speeds? We nearly returned ours thinking it was defective until I dug deep into the settings to see what was up. Figured I'd ask in case anyone else had the same experience at Christmas.
Not that I've seen, but now you've got me wondering...

ETA: Apparently my thing for that was turned on. Huh.

Last edited:
New leaks suggest these might be the remaining epic freebies, not sure if it represents the scheduled dates, but if true then guardians of the galaxy might be on January 4th instead

Dec 30 | Saints Row
Dec 31 | Ghostrunner
Jan 01 | Escape Academy
Jan 02 | 20 Minutes Till Dawn
Jan 03 | A Plague Tale: Innocence
Jan 04 - Jan 11 | Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Been wanting to try Escape Academy. 20 Minutes Till Dawn I've played some and it's a very decent Vampire Survivors like game. These games have a shelf life, so they are great for freebies.

Not that I've seen, but now you've got me wondering...

ETA: Apparently my thing for that was turned on. Huh.
Good to know and how on earth they thought setting it by default to limit speeds at 1.2mb/s is pretty much self-sabotage. Soon as we flipped that off, the thing instantly performed how we'd expected and saved Valve a very disgruntled return. Bad Gaben, bad.

I just got my hands on a HP EliteDesk 800 G3 i5 with 16 gb of DDR4 RAM and a 512 gb SSD for a little more than $60. Not a powerhouse by any means since it is mainly an office PC, but I haven't been playing many PC games over the past year, so I'm trying to catch up.

But I'm only planning to put one game launcher on this PC in order to help me to narrow my focus. So, if you were me, which launcher would you put on this PC - Epic, GOG, or Steam?

I just got my hands on a HP EliteDesk 800 G3 i5 with 16 gb of DDR4 RAM and a 512 gb SSD for a little more than $60. Not a powerhouse by any means since it is mainly an office PC, but I haven't been playing many PC games over the past year, so I'm trying to catch up.

But I'm only planning to put one game launcher on this PC in order to help me to narrow my focus. So, if you were me, which launcher would you put on this PC - Epic, GOG, or Steam?
I think it is really hard to just have one of those launchers installed, but if I had to choose just one out of your list it would have to be Steam. Steam has a lot of features not provided in the others. Both GOG and Epic have a lot of giveaways all the time so that's why I have them installed as well as a couple others (Battlenet and EA).

Tried out The Crew after hearing it would be shut down. It's annoying, the game sometimes randomly minimizes and has to be opened back up sometimes messing up your race or missing dialogue. I also had the game crash on one of the missions. Update: switching to Borderless instead of Fullscreen solved the minimization problem.

Last edited:
I think it is really hard to just have one of those launchers installed, but if I had to choose just one out of your list it would have to be Steam. Steam has a lot of features not provided in the others. Both GOG and Epic have a lot of giveaways all the time so that's why I have them installed as well as a couple others (Battlenet and EA).
Yeah, I think that I'm going with Steam as my sole launcher. I made that decision earlier today after I found out that I won't be able to use Steam on my older gaming PC that is still running Windows 8.

And yes, I have been living under a rock.

Across the Obelisk review aka a very grindy Slay the Spire that can be played co-op. Beat after 46.2 hours although many of those are idle hours, so around 42 or 41 is likely more accurate. To sum it up it's the most 7/10 game I've ever played and is likely a little too rogue like for it's own good.

To start Paradox Entertainment I think bought the company so there is a launcher now. People review bombed it because of that. I'm going to talk more about the game instead.

To start the graphics and sound are all adequate. The music plays too low and is repetitive, and the animations are simple along with the graphics. The sounds are their but get quite annoying like the pig guy squeaking every time he is hurt or the owl making noises with every hit. It's all okay enough, but nothing too amazing. 6/10

This is pretty much Slay the Spire x 4 people in your party except the enemy intents are hidden. You need to do some peeking in order to see the intents. Honestly they don't matter as much as many attacks hit random things or get random enemies. That's one of the main issues of the game where everything feels so calculated and the math gets ridiculous sometimes. Every character has perks and many need to be unlocked to stand a chance especially the flat HP, speed and energy bonuses. To get perks you need to grind a LOT as the farther you get the more perks you unlock. None of these perks are super fun honestly and mainly just speed +1 and when you apply shield you get +1 charges. Lots of grinding make this game a slog at times.

The gameplay has story parts, rest areas, shops and many events. Lots of these lead to doing quest lines, which can unlock characters and special items/skills. You move across a map one node at a time with the start having a town where you upgrade cards, get cards, remove cards and buy equipment. There are many battles which take up a lot of time, and the story is not very good. It is fun trying to figure out how to unlock characters, but it generally isn't easy. Lots of experimentation helps here and it is fun for a while, but something settles in eventually. That is more and more grind.

Frankly I don't mind grinding perks/equipment/characters and card unlocks, but the major grind is the gameplay itself. So many enemies have mass amounts of health so the later maps take forever to complete. The end of the game is such a major grind that I believe the final boss took me about 30 or 40 minutes to complete alone. I'm somewhat masochistic concerning difficulty here, but there is so much RNG and enemies trying to hit harder and harder. I wouldn't have completed the last boss if I wasn't rocking so much health regen and could heal well. It's kind of a joke honestly and should have been fine tuned much more in playtesting. If the enemies weren't rocking so much HP I would love the game more. I liked it enough, but I doubt I will play the madness levels, which are the harder difficulties above normal.

Overall I feel the DLC practice of the game (somewhat expensive DLC for mainly characters and skins other than the desert area one), the massive grind of perks and battles, and general okay feeling of the game keep the game from going too high. It does have fun in it, but requires way more time for a run than most of these games should have. The difficulty for later maps is ridiculous at times, and if you don't have the right cards and equipment it could go badly. I would say wait for a bundle on this, but it's worth trying. Just don't expect to beat it mainly because it takes forever to do things. 7/10 but barely in my eyes.

Last edited:
I lasted 30mins or so with Obelisk and refunded it last year. The gameplay and artstyle just didnt grab me. The grind factor put me off and many reviews mention it.

My notifications for some threads just stops notifying me. I just checked this thread and missed like a week or something.
I have similar issues with notifications on the new forum. Sometimes it just stops sending notifications on threads I want to be notified that had updates since my last visit to the forum. The only way it seems to start following a thread again is if I visit the thread manually. Really buggy behavior compared to the old forum.

About the i5 - which gen.?
What's the GPU? iGPU? Discrete GPU?

Anyways...I'd put Steam, GOG Galaxy, and Epic as the main ones, as those are the ones that I use the most.

For Universal type of launchers - Playnite and Heroic.
Heroic only supports GOG and Epic, mostly.

Also, PlayNite is cool, if you want a universal launcher too that can house everything. You can even use it to boot other launchers too. It's much better than GOG, at trying to be a universal launcher. GOG dropped the bag w/ its launcher, IMHO; it's too bloated and a lot of other launcher & publisher don't seem to want to support it; and those doing the fan-made integration don't seem to be keeping them up-to-date either. And yes, Playnite just runs better.

Playnite - https://playnite.link/

Heroic's also good as launcher - if you say use both Epic and GOG. I use that more than Epic actually, provided a game ain't requiring the damn Epic Launcher to run or DLC's require the need Epic Launcher to run the DLC's.

Heroic - https://heroicgameslauncher.com/

Last edited:
About the i5 - which gen.?
What's the GPU? iGPU? Discrete GPU?

Anyways...I'd put Steam, GOG Galaxy, and Epic as the main ones, as those are the ones that I use the most.

For Universal type of launchers - Playnite and Heroic.
Heroic only supports GOG and Epic, mostly.

Also, PlayNite is cool, if you want a universal launcher too that can house everything. You can even use it to boot other launchers too. It's much better than GOG, at trying to be a universal launcher. GOG dropped the bag w/ its launcher, IMHO; it's too bloated and a lot of other launcher & publisher don't seem to want to support it; and those doing the fan-made integration don't seem to be keeping them up-to-date either. And yes, Playnite just runs better.

Playnite - https://playnite.link/

Heroic's also good as launcher - if you say use both Epic and GOG. I use that more than Epic actually, provided a game ain't requiring the damn Epic Launcher to run or DLC's require the need Epic Launcher to run the DLC's.

Heroic - https://heroicgameslauncher.com/
This is the mini PC in question. I ordered one from Amazon Warehouse, but they sent me two by mistake. :oops:

bread's done
Back