Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
8az6n8.jpg

The Sinking City.

Frogwares is now the ONLY sole-publisher for The Sinking City and more DLC's & updates are coming for it:
-> https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/750130/view/3860212413458278274?l=english

Now, please read carefully the information below:

We will soon release a new version of The Sinking City that comes with all the latest bug fixes and optimizations as well as a few things to keep in mind:
  • Due to a number of technical reasons, your old saves won't be compatible with the new version. Don't worry though, when you launch the game, you will have the option to keep playing the old version, if you want to finish it.
  • We're keeping the old version only for a limited time.
    Please, consider finishing your playthrough before February 28, 2024!
  • We will also release a new DLC, Merciful Madness, but please keep in mind that it will only work with the new version of the game. If you don't want to replay the game from scratch to access the DLC, you will be able to download the prepared saves that will take you straight to the start of the Merciful Madness quests.
We want to thank you all for your support and patience.
Your Frogwares Team

Yeah, good thing I bought the old-version of TSC from Gamesplanet DRM-FREE back when I did, when it was available (before it got Delisted)...

Last edited:
At first I thought you were talking about Forgotten City. Instead it's about a game I only likely get in a cheap bundle, so I'm good. 20 Minutes Till Dawn is very OK for a Vampire Survivors like although I feel the staying power is limited. That makes for a great freebie though.

Finished FF7 Remake Intergrade's base-game (great) and its extra Yuffie INTERmission "DLC" (great) over the weekend. Wasn't fond of the ending of the base-game as it obviously is setting up FF7: Rebirth (Part 2 of this FF7 Remake saga), but I was certainly more satisfied w/ how Yuffie's own story ended (INTERmission) and also how it tied into FF7 Remake's base-game; it felt like INTERmission was a much better note to end the FF7 Remake: Part 1 on for me - so, I'm glad I bought this version with Yuffie's content here. Really looking forward to Rebirth, whenever it gets a PC port later. Game's outstanding, other than how FF7 Remake (Part 1) base-game leaves you hanging...similar to what Dune Remake (movie) did.

Took me about 5.2 hours, but I recently finished Tokyo Dark. It's a point-and-click adventure/visual novel hybrid here with choices that likely really matter here. Supposedly, there's like 11 different endings/permutations - so I do wonder how different some or all of these might turn out. So it does sounds like some of your decisions matter here in this Indie adventure/VN mash-up. Loved the anime and hard-drawn style of graphics here for its artistry. Loved the story and writing too, which I thought was extremely good. There's also a New Game + mode here, which I ain't tackled - but might have to. You play as Detective Ito, in which she is investigating a certain murder that is personal to her & she totally untangles an entire web here of conspiracies, murders, and other madness - yes, including your own madness (Sanity) as a cop. And also, she have some stats here and stuff to be aware of, such as your ratings for the SPIN acronym of points here (including Sanity, which I just mentioned) - so the better you do (or worse in other aspects), probably will decide what you can decide to do, can't decide to do and & blocked from doing, and any other paths on this journey & its final outcome(s). Regardless, loved it and I'm probably going to have to give it another run-through, at some point - especially since like Shadow of Destiny (another adventure game w/ lots of choices and endings), stuff can probably turn out much differently.

RDR2 won "Labor of Love"? Really? I love it and think it's a great game - but, did Rockstar add new content to the Single-player? Any new content to the Multiplayer RDO portion? Add any Ray-Tracing support? Improve performance on lower-end PC's?

About Starfield winning "Innovation" - how? Nothing innovative about what looks to be Fallout 4 shooter-ARPG in space w/ RNG for planets, in which Beth's hoping modders themselves add hand-crafted content to planets to make up for Beth's lack of work there. And likely, modders will fix the UI probably and other stuff too - like they've always done.

Last edited:
For those who care the Steam Winter Sale ends January 4th at 10 AM Pacific so it might be a good time to finalize your purchases. I'm thinking about Baldur's Gate 3 and a few others mainly some visual novels and Steam only sale games, and buying/trading the cards needed to get 1 level of the badge.

Astral Ascent review. Likely my roguelite game of the year for 2023.

In this game there are four characters you can play as (unlocking them after the first) who have their own tales and purpose facing down both Zodiac enemies and a big bad one in the end. You get story segments similar to Hades where before and after runs characters in your camp will have a symbol next to their head showing they will talk and give some more dialogue or some unlocked options. The story is OK enough for all of them, but it's not a strong suit of the game. You can learn more about why the characters are fighting amongst each other (the four, the zodiacs and the big bad), but so much of this is in unlockable souls found when playing the game. After you unlock the soul you get a bit of story for said character in a more reference form. I have only checked out a few and stopped checking them. It's cool there is any story and motivation for runs, so even though it's poor, it still has something.

The graphics in this game are drop dead gorgeous. The pixel art is excellent and the way everything animates especially your attacks is great. The graphics do get a bit clogged at times with effects from various enemies and your own attacks. Enemies do flash red in anticipation where they will attack so you can dodge. The dodge has very slight invulnerability frames so dodging some boss attacks and many enemies attacking you at once is very, very hard. The sound is also excellent with attacks and all sounding great and the voice acting being pretty solid as well. The music is also action packed as well.

This is a 2D action platforming/arena fighter game. The levels themselves are arranged where each has a zone where a zodiac or the big bad is at the end of it. Each step in the zone has you choosing rooms to gain many things including spells (your attacks you can have 5 I believe), money, passive abilities (very strong), augments for your spells, keys to either level up spells or get passive buffs like strength, and quite a few special rooms which I wont spoil. It is very similar to Hades where you choose your favorite rooms. The control with a Series X controller is excellent. It felt very natural and I wouldn't recommend the game without a controller. It is very twitchy and dodge based so those with bad reflexes will likely have trouble in the game. The game is very, very hard and after 38.4 hours I've likely beaten it about 10-12 times maybe. It like many other rouge lites has difficulty levels you unlock, which are fully customizable just like Hades. It's worth doing as higher difficulty get you more currency for unlocking things after you die including the rare and very grindy to get resources you only get from bosses.

The full on run takes about an hour and a half or so as you move very fast through areas and can make it to the big bad at the end pretty quickly. The action never lets up and there is quite a few different rooms and challenges you may face and you will be unlocking stuff for quite a while too. The four characters play differently, and it's worth using them all to get more dialogue options, try out different spells (some are unique to characters), and to experience the game in a slightly different way. This was easily my action rogue lite of the year with it's very high production values, great action, amazing controls, and just a great feel to the game. The characters and story are the weakest part, but they're not super, super terrible either. If those were stronger, I would raise the score of the game a bit. Overall it gets an 8.5/10 from me and is well worth it bundled or with a slight sale. It got slept on in game of the year lists and should be played by more people.

Most of the major gaming sites seem to be picking up on the general stupidity of this year's Steam awards results which may hopefully encourage Valve to make some changes to the process next year. Though given their history, that change will just be to get rid of them entirely.

Some people voted for shits and giggles because they didn't know what truly deserved to win. I was one of those people that did it for RDR2, because I didn't know which game deserved it and didn't care.. I wanted my rewards for voting lol.

As for Starfield.. I voted for Remnant. I think if Valve is going to offer stickers or badges for voting then they need to curate the list so that dumb shit doesn't show up as an option to vote for. Offering people freedom of choice when it comes to voting comes as a cost if the people voting don't truly care what they're voting for or just don't have the knowledge of what games are more deserving to win.

You don't want any of these games or you already have them, so either way: just don't bother.
It's not worth the time or effort to figure out which number (0 thru 9) the question mark represents.
Go back to playing visual novels or auto clickers or whatever digital poop you paid Gaben to
take up your disk space. Stay away from this shit down here. You don't want or need it.
I won't tell you twice.

VJ2MC-D0?RZ-CLPVY

N5KC?-0G2CL-CKFTG

IVNI0-RVVD?-8EWQ6

FJTT5-P0Q8Y-?9QRG

YYIQ?-WR67G-LC5DK

RT7AY-R8T?W-3MDR2

TR?Z7-AA7BM-ZPDAQ

J5?50-ZEZKX-YAPAT

GGQWY-0T79Y-E?8QP

?C9CE-B5K8R-LXCRV

Last edited:
Some people voted for shits and giggles because they didn't know what truly deserved to win. I was one of those people that did it for RDR2, because I didn't know which game deserved it and didn't care.. I wanted my rewards for voting lol.

As for Starfield.. I voted for Remnant. I think if Valve is going to offer stickers or badges for voting then they need to curate the list so that dumb shit doesn't show up as an option to vote for. Offering people freedom of choice when it comes to voting comes as a cost if the people voting don't truly care what they're voting for or just don't have the knowledge of what games are more deserving to win.

I don't blame the final votes at all, people clearly voted at that point for the games they recognize and like. I blame the complete lack of curation on choosing the nominees by Valve to the point that some of the choices almost looked like trolling. And given Valve's long history of not really having people dedicated to Steam and how all these events and sales basically seem AI generated at this point, it really isn't that surprising either. That's why some bad PR might induce a bit of change, but we'll see.

Steam Sale Haul (if that's even a thing)

STAR WARS: Squadrons
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Need for Speed™ Deluxe Edition
Need for Speed Most Wanted
^^^----- All cheap, some I owned on other storefronts. Dirty Secret: I've only ever played parrt of ME1

Immortals Fenyx Rising
^^^----- Same dev that made AC:Odyssey. Loved that, I'm good with a clone

Vampire Survivors: Tides of the Foscari
Chicken Invaders 2
Chicken Invaders 5
^^^----- Cause sometimes you just need to have some stupid fun

Steam Sale Haul (if that's even a thing)

STAR WARS: Squadrons
Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Need for Speed Most Wanted
^^^----- All cheap, some I owned on other storefronts. Dirty Secret: I've only ever played parrt of ME1

You should change that on ME1. It probably has the best story out of the 3 of them all overall. Also, the Mako controls and the gunplay & combat's much better in ME1: Legendary Edition version over the OG Old ME1 version - even if combat's still way better in ME2 and ME3.

Not a fan of ME3's base-game endings. I so prefer what Citadel DLC does - so I do recommend you do save that Citadel DLC mission stuff (Citadel: Shore Leave starts it) for RIGHT before the final mission (Priority: Earth). Citadel's much more satisfying as an end than what ME3 base-game does in any ending & path, IMHO.

Also, you can put Pinnacle Station back into ME1: Legendary too (it doesn't ship w/ the LE Collection; BioWare lost the source code - but didn't stop modders from getting to work on reverse-engineering it back in there).

ME1: Pinnacle DLC for LE is over here - https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/832

Also, if you never played ME2 and ME3 - yeah, you owe it to yourself to play those. I think ME2 is one of the best games ever made and it's even better w/ the DLC's; especially with the Kasumi DLC and Shadow Broker.

Last edited:
Steam Sale Haul - Holiday Sale 2023/Early 2024.

NOTE -- Assume all are purchased for myself, unless I state if it was Gifted to me or it was a Freebie.

Amazon:
-> Need For Speed: Unbound (Standard) [EA key]
-> Need For Speed (2016) {Standard} [EA key]

Steam:
-> Solasta (base) - this one was Gifted to me...so "Thank you" big-time, to who bought me this!
-> Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition (used Steam Gift Card $ on this)

GOG:
-> All the freebies they have thrown at us that I didn't already own on that store. (freebies)
-> Mirror's Edge (original)
-> Far Cry 1
-> Realms of Arkania: Star Trail (Remake)
-> Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny (Remake)
-> The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (Complete Edition)
-> Kingdom Come: Deliverance: Royal DLC Upgrade Package
-> Blade Runner: Enhanced (which also comes w/ OG Blade Runner game-version)
-> FlatOut 1 (w/ voucher from GOG Newsletter for extra discount)
-> FlatOut 2 (w/ voucher from GOG Newsletter for extra discount)
-> Jagged Alliance 2 (w/ voucher from GOG Newsletter for extra discount)
-> Disciples II: Gold Edition (GOG version) (w/ voucher from GOG Newsletter for extra discount)

GMG:
-> Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age [Steam key]
-> SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambitions [Steam key]

Epic:
-> Whatever new freebies they have thrown at us that I didn't already own on that store (freebies).

Humble:
-> GOG RPG Bundle - Full bundle = $12)
Full bundle includes KCD base, Vampyr, Darksiders 3 Deluxe, Greedfall: Gold, TB, WL3: Colorado, ELEX 1
-> Jan. 2024 Humble Choice (actually, I recently did the 1-year $100 membership of Humble Choice until Dec. 2024)

Last edited:
Not bothering to break down stores or which were gifts, all Steam games collected since mid-December:

Christmas Massacre
Dave the Diver
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wildermyth
En Garde!
All the Solasta DLC
Citizen Sleeper
Minecraft Dungeons: Ultimate Edition
Street Fighter 6

Plus a few cheapie no-review recent releases like I always pick up
Warp Tango - This twin stick co-op might actually be kind of fun
Qwerty Quest - Typing tutor game, does what it says but eh
Corin Tower - Premise is that you need to stack Unity assets to reach the top of a tower. Actual play is uninspiring
Light Crawler - Broken game that says to use RMB to activate your special weapon powers then clicking RMB crashes the game

Out of the top list, so far I've played Minecraft Dungeons (bought for my kid on Switch and co-play on the Steam Deck) which is a decent enough Diablo style game but I wouldn't recommend it over the other Diablo/Clones if you're not playing it with your kid. And Wildermyth which is a lovely little emergent story RPG combining strategic, tactical and RP elements over generations of heroes with a cute storybook aesthetic. It has a 3:1 ratio for friends who want vs friends who own which I attribute to it not having much in way of discounts but it's a good buy in my opinion. Solasta, I've played the base game but have dreams of one day co-op'ing it and/or I'll replay with the new DLC classes and play the expansion campaign. It's no BG3 but I enjoyed it for all of its jankiness and it's arguably a more faithful reproduction of the D&D 5e rule set than the liberties Larian took.

I picked up a few things here and there.

Steam:

斩妖Raksasi
Devil Slayer - Raksasi: Incarnation of Darkness
Onirike
Rikki & Vikki
Neon Sundown
Starmancer
MudRunner - American Wilds (DLC)
Reigns: Game of Thrones
Rick Henderson
Moncage
Patrick's Parabox
HAYAI
Your Only Move Is HUSTLE
Talented
Stop Dead
Blue Sun
ZOR: Pilgrimage of the Slorfs
Wigmund
It's Kooky
Majotori
pureya
The Yawhg
Leaving Lyndow
MatchR
Unbound: Worlds Apart
Broken Universe
Force Reboot
Devolver Bootleg
Underground Blossom
Ocean's Heart
ATOM: RPG
To Be or Not To Be
Elsinore
Astrologaster
Last Days of Lazarus
Long Ago: A Puzzle Tale
The Adventures of Elena Temple
Amaranthine
The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk
Dreamland Solitaire
Dreamland Solitaire: Dragon's Fury
Dreamland Solitaire: Dark Prophecy
Might & Magic X - Legacy Digital Deluxe
Crystal Caves HD
Khimera: Puzzle Island
Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare 2: Deluxe Edition
Afterlife
Riders Republic
Pixel Puzzles Illustrations & Anime - Jigsaw Pack: Kuniyoshi
Pixel Puzzles Traditional Jigsaws Pack: Korea
Furi - Onnamusha
Viking Heroes 4
Viking Heroes 3
Viking Heroes 2
Jigsaw Puzzle Pack - Pixel Puzzles Ultimate: Germany 2
Jigsaw Puzzle Pack - Pixel Puzzles Ultimate: Aliens
Arcane Golf
Mahjong
Tetraminos
Brick Breaker
Solitaire
Nova Strike
LostCastle:The Old Ones Awaken
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds - Frau Koujiro
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds - FM sound generator BGM
Pathfinder: Gallowspire Survivors
Frog Fractions GotDE - Hop's Iconic Cap
Rum & Gun
D&D Lords of Waterdeep
D&D Lords of Waterdeep: Undermountain expansion
D&D Lords of Waterdeep: Skullport expansion
Outlaws
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood
Battlezone: Combat Commander
PUSH
Scalak
Up Left Out
OXXO
NABOKI
Hook 2
Battlefield™ V Definitive Edition
Battlefield™ 1 Revolution
Battlefield 4™ Premium Edition
Rangock Skies
SuiCats
Xanthiom Zero
Skul : Mythology Pack
Slime-san: Blackbird's Kraken
Slime-san: Sheeple's Sequel
Slime-san: Creator
Get Packed: Fully Loaded
Z Dawn
Paths and Danger
Mutant Meltdown
Ultimate Fishing Simulator - Florida DLC
Need for Speed™ Most Wanted
Need for Speed™ Rivals: Complete Edition
Rogue Trooper
Moonbase Commander Steam Store and Retail Key
Battlezone 98 Redux
Battlezone 98 Redux - The Red Odyssey
No Longer Home
Glitchhikers: The Spaces Between
Card Shark
King Of The Castle

Humble:

Ghostrunner - Project_Hel
Gunfire Reborn - Artisan and Magician
Marvel's Midnight Suns Season Pass
Master of Magic: Rise of the Soultrapped
Nova Lands
Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
Stranded: Alien Dawn Robots and Guardians
Sunkenland
The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos - Season Pass
CARRION
Evergate
Nuclear Blaze
Phantom Breaker: Omnia
R-Type Final 2 - B-99 APOCALYPSE R-Craft

Greenmangaming:

Actraiser Renaissance
Little Goody Two Shoes Deluxe Edition
STRANGER OF PARADISE FINAL FANTASY ORIGIN Digital Deluxe Edition
Tactics Ogre: Reborn Digital Premium Edition
TRIANGLE STRATEGY
NEO: The World Ends with You
CRISIS CORE -FINAL FANTASY- VII REUNION

CDKeys:

KILL la KILL - IF
Hexarchy
LIttle Nightmares - Secrets of the Maw Expansion Pass
Tales & Tactics
Chorus
Jurassic World 2 DLC (various)

Shadysites:

ICBM
Gravity Circuit
Lone Fungus
Astrea: Six-Sided Oracles
Senko no Ronde 2
Potion Permit

Gifted from others:

Sunday Gold
The Sinking City
Exo One
NINJA GAIDEN: Master Collection
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed Ecto Edition
PUSSY
Ghost Song

Last edited:
I just want to reiterate my disdain for Seagate hard drives. Had another 4TB spinner fail in my media server. I knew it was coming over the past couple months with the reallocated sectors and was hoping to take care of it later this month, but within 24 hours it went from hospice to the grave. I have some circa 2008-2010 WD Blacks that have had worse reallocated sector counts and have been using them as redundant backups for years and they are still "functional". Gah.

That is all.

I've had about equal Seagate and WD drives die out. One Seagate 4TB one lasted only 2 or 3 years.

My Winter haul is as below:

Animal Trail ☆ Girlish Square LOVE+PLUS
Animal Trail ☆ Girlish Square 2
Baldur's Gate 3
Forest Fortress
OMORI
ONE.
Pretty Overseer - Dating Sim
Rogue's Tale - Hideout DLC
Tangle Tower
TROUBLESHOOTER: Abandoned Children
YU-NO: A girl who chants love at the bound of this world

Fanatical :

Astrea: Six-Sided Oracles
System Shock

Pretty much my usual buy a few newer visual novels I've missed including Pretty Overseer, which I enjoyed from a demo fest. YU-NO I own on Switch, but the interface isn't great for it (lots of having to pick and choose points of interest), so I bit. I own an Omori shirt from a SGDQ or AGDQ so I'll finally play it and see if it's good. Troubleshooter I've been waiting to play for a while, and Baldur's Gate 3 had a horrible discount, but everyone seems to love it. I'll see if it's hype enough after the many game of the year wins. Also Tangle Tower has a sequel coming out, and I've been meaning to check out the series. Reminder for all to PLAY your Steam Winter Sale games a bit to see if you want them. If you play under 2 hours and don't enjoy it refund it. I do it with games I took a chance on that I didn't like.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had a Seagate external die on me before after like 2-3 years. Unless insanely dirt-cheap - probably never again.

I've got so many older internal-style WD Black HDD's, Toshiba HDD's and a lot of WD Externals that have worked great for years. These seem to be where it's at for me for drives, TBH.

I've had multiple drives die on me in the last year. One has some family photos on it, so I'll have to get it to a facility to find out what it will take to restore it.

Such a pain (and crazy high cost) but it'll make my wife happier when we have the pictures again.

Fwiw, WD is not my go to HDD manufacturer. I've had my fair share of WD failures/issues, but I also have had a larger sample size. I used to run WD in my NAS boxes, so I probably have twice as many older drives from WD. I tend to prefer HGST and Toshiba. Some of my oldest and most used are from these two (though I believe they are one in the same now) and they've been worked the hardest. Only had an issue with a single HGST and that one was bought used.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I checked the power on time for the drives in my server and I'm at roughly 73600 hours or roughly 8.4 years on both of my remaining 4TB HGST units. The Seagate had maybe 3 years on it.

Last edited:
bread's done
Back