Steam Deals Thread V11 ~ Let's move along, people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Seemed about time for a new thread, so here it is. Welcome to the Steam Deals Thread V11!

Daily Deal
Luftrausers - $9.99 $5.99

Yesterday's Deal
Metro: Last Light Complete Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Metro 2033 - $14.99 $3.74

Weekend Deals
Europa Universalis IV - $39.99 $9.99
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis III Collection - 39.99 9.99
Europa Universalis III Complete - 14.99 3.74 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Europa Universalis: Rome - Gold Edition - 9.99 2.49
PAYDAY 2 - 29.99 9.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
PAYDAY™ The Heist - 14.99 4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]

Midweek Madness
Audiosurf 2 - $14.99 $8.99
Audiosurf - $9.99 $2.49
XCOM Complete - $49.99 $24.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]
Painkiller Complete Pack - $69.99 $13.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler][/customspoiler]

Weeklong Deals
Pool Nation - $9.99 $1.49
Booster Trooper - $4.99 $0.74
Zeno Clash - $9.99 $1.99
Thunder Wolves - $9.99 $1.99
Alien Breed™ Trilogy - $22.99 $11.49 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Two Worlds II - $19.99 $4.99 [customspoiler=DLC][/customspoiler]
Titan Quest - Immortal Throne - $14.99 $3.74
Titan Quest - $14.99 $3.74
Sine Mora - $9.99 $2.49
Primal Carnage - $14.99 $3.74
Mirror's Edge™ - $19.99 $4.99
Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina - $7.99 $1.99
Guncraft - $14.99 $3.74
Expeditions: Conquistador - $19.99 $4.99
Alien Spidy - $9.99 $2.49
Violett - $9.99 $2.99
Dark Matter - $14.99 $4.49
Survivor Squad - $8.99 $2.96
Victoria II - $19.99 $6.79
Star Trek - $14.99 $5.09
Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $14.99 $5.09
Tiny Troopers - $4.99 $2.49
Spate - $9.99 $4.99
SimCity™ 4 Deluxe Edition - $19.99 $9.99
Litil Divil - $9.99 $4.99
Last Dream - $9.99 $4.99
KickBeat Steam Edition - $9.99 $4.99
Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $39.99 $19.99
Dead Space Pack - $34.99 $8.74 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Earthworm Jim Collection - $19.99 $9.99
Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension - $34.99 $17.49
Desert Thunder - $9.99 $4.99
Construction Machines 2014 - $14.99 $7.49
Tower of Guns - $14.99 $8.24
PlayClaw - Game Video Recorder - $49.99 $29.99
Vox - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure II (Obscure: The Aftermath) - $9.99 $7.49
Obscure - $6.99 $5.24
Action Indie Pack - $14.99 $1.49
Geneforge Saga - $19.99 $3.99

Miscellaneous Deals (end time varies)
Cloudbuilt - $19.99 $9.19
Titan Quest Gold - $19.99 $4.99
Football Manager 2014 - $49.99 $12.5
Dracula Trilogy - $19.99 $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Wolf Among Us - $24.99 $16.74
MXGP - $39.99 $25.19
FX Eleven - $19.99 $9.99
Franchise Hockey Manager 2014 - $39.99 $19.99
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $14.99 $6.00

Thread under construction, more to be added shortly...

Thanks to EastX, Detruire, Psydero, and everyone else that has contributed to the thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this post wrecked me. I spent the evening reading about Crossfit, Spartan workouts and SealFit. Awesome stuff. :bouncy:
Preedatore is the hardest man on CAG.

In the inevitable CAG Steam Thread Royal Rumble, he's the guy who comes in at #13 and cleans house leaving nobody else in the ring. He only leaves when eight people gang up on him at the same time.

Yay I did a wrestling post, go me. :whee:

I played that game once, for a few hours. I liked how it upended Norse mythology with shitty graphics and boring, repetitive gameplay.

Admitting that you played this game for such a long time is like asking the Target pharmacy technician if your anti-gonorrheal ointment is ready for pickup, then buying a gross of small condoms.
You just don't understand the genius that is Dennis Dyack. That, and I bet you don't even like ice skating Vikings. You make me sick.

That's useful information, but I'd much prefer if you wrote a few pages worth of analysis discussing which had better exclusives - Gameboy or Gamegear. Thank you.
Definitely Gameboy....wait, you wren't being serious were you? You forgot the yellow text color. Damn it Fox! Why don't you go back to the Steam Deal Thread where you belong, and leave us to discuss consoles and handhelds here in the ......... oh.

Every time I start reading this thread lately I completely forget it's the Steam thread. Calling it now, #FakeCAGs everywhere. :nottalking:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to play some Dragon's Dogma. :whistle2:
Dragon's Dogma is great. I'm playing it right now. Well, maybe not great, but I love the concept and it manages to be fun despite thousands of minor annoyances I could probably list off the top of my head. I just finished my first playthrough as a Ranger / Assassin. Will be starting NG+ and the expansion content as a fighter.

Obligatory "dis game needs to be on PC" comment here. But seriously it'd look swag at 1080p with a decent framerate.

100% agreed. One of those games I wanted to love (although I've said before - I try to love all games) but just couldn't tolerate.I got my copy at Gamestop for literally $2 and still felt ripped off.
I need to go finish Dragon's Dogma. I actually like that game though I'm going to channel MysterD for a minute and say 'I wish Dragon's Dogma had a PC port ;)'.

Also just got The Witch and 100 Knights and Lions and Wardrobes and Weeaboos or whatever the hell it is because last November someone posted a pre-order deal where it was temporarily $20 even thought it normally retails at $50 so in spite of having no flippin clue about it ZOMG CHEEP DEEL so I went for it.

Yes every once in a while I am a console peasant too.

See what you guys do to me? You break my PC only willpower and make me talk about console shit. I should dig up another picture of manly wrestler womyn with bad wigs bitch slapping each other.

I see the console chatter is still going strong... I'll make this short and sweet.

PS4/XBone; At this point there is no fucking reason to have either of them... One game doesn't make a console worth buying and neither platform has enough exclusives to break that one game threshold. (Honestly, you really aught to wait till you got 5 games you want as by then the games will at least have seen a price drop.)

Best Exclusive of the Last Console Generation: Uncharted 2 (Hell, I would be hard pressed not to consider it the Best Game of the generation. Period. (Though CoD4 MW is right up there. It was such a game changer that in this new world of CoD hate we sometimes forget that at one point in time it deserved all the sales it gets.)

Most Overrated Exclusive of the Last Console Generation: The Last of Us; (I took 3 vacation days off (along with my normal weekend) to enjoy this masterpiece at launch... Ugh. What a mistake. If I ever had a doubt rather I considered story and/or graphics over game play I learned otherwise... I fell in love with it at every cutscene and hated it every other second. I lost interest and became engrossed in a very poorly reviewed F2P ARPG called Marvel Heroes.) Honestly, at some point I will just watch the game on youtube (elsewhere) with most of the game play cut out and I'll likely be happier for it.

Most Unappreciated Exclusive of the Last Console Generation: Too Human; (I've championed this game for a long, long, time... Is it perfect? Nope. An absolute amazing control scheme and a camera system that could ruin you for games that with a manual camera once you got use to it... Unfortunately, the game does such a poor job of teaching you this add the difficulty spike in the second level (Ice Forest) and you have a whole lot of people over frustrated with it. It also did an interesting job in telling its story... Which in itself is a unique twist on Viking lore. Honestly, such an unappreciated gem. I owned both platforms, game allot on both platforms, this is one of few titles I have all the trophies/achievements for... All legit. All lovingly earned. etc.)

If I Could Only Have One Of The Consoles: The 360. Easy. Hands down. Yes, I would have missed the Uncharted series. LBP, Demon's Souls (even though I had to stop playing it do to real physical pain), MLB the Show and numerous other exclusives that I had but when push came to shove 80% of the games of last generation ran better on the 360's hardware... And, well, Xbox live at the time was worth paying for... and it was so superior to PSN. Honestly, my only complaint of the masterpiece that is known as Uncharted 2 was it ran on PSN. It destroyed an amazing MP. I know this without a doubt because of the PSN blackout... The first two regions to get turned back on was US East Coast and US Midwest. It was so flawless.)

Anyhow, I think that covers it all...

No time to check whether this has already been posted as I get ready for work, but the Metroid mod for Spelunky is accessible again.

Forum thread: http://mossmouth.com/forums/index.php?topic=4342.msg87810#msg87810

Direct link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m2m9qc4df81mgpe/Spelunky_Metroid_Mod_v1.1.rar
You're my hero!!! :D

Preedatore is the hardest man on CAG.

In the inevitable CAG Steam Thread Royal Rumble, he's the guy who comes in at #13 and cleans house leaving nobody else in the ring. He only leaves when eight people gang up on him at the same time.

Yay I did a wrestling post, go me. :whee:
I'm only a pretend spartan. Bruticis is the real thing.

I've heard this too. Something about "you're gone all day, you can't just disappear when you get home". So I bought a 7850 and a couple wireless controllers for the HTPC, and now I get to sit in the living room and watch my wife's cooking shows
Correct answer is "You're welcome to skip your cooking shows and sit and watch me game if you miss me that much."

Make that 4 free games now! Added Swipecart to the promotion :)
Cool. I gotta ask though. Not because I suspect you of any wrongdoing, but why do all these devs do promos solely through your group (which isn't affiliated to anyone)? Are you friends with them? I get how giveaways work on Facebook groups because ad money for clicks and stuff, but SteamCommunity doesn't have ads.. so what do you get out of a bigger group that you would encourage it with giveaways? More power in Greenlighting? I'm honestly curious. Maybe you're just a real nice guy, and the devs like doing stuff for you.

Hear hear! Well said. As far as I'm concerned Uncharted 2 is the best in the series. Not sure if it's my favourite exclusive (hard to have one since a lot end up losing exclusive status), but it's definitely among the top ones.

Halo[customspoiler=' ']Spartan Assault[/customspoiler] is coming to Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/277430/

edit: Price will be $4.99 according to Major Nelson.
Its-something.jpg

Edit: maybe this bodes well for the trilogy actually coming to steam :)? A guy can hope.

Daily Deal
Music Creator 6 Touch - $49.99 $12.49

Weekend Deals
Interstellar Marines - $14.99 $7.49
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition - $19.99 $4.99
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition - $29.99 $7.49
Batman™: Arkham Origins - $39.99 $9.99
LEGO Batman - $19.99 $4.99
LEGO® Batman 2 DC Super Heroes™ - $19.99 $4.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - $19.99 $4.99
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition - $6.99 $1.74
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $6.99 $1.74
Just Cause - $6.99 $1.74
Just Cause 2 - $14.99 $3.74
Sleeping Dogs - $19.99 $4.99
Hitman Collection - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Dungeon Siege Complete - $19.99 $7.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Legacy of Kain Collection - $19.99 $7.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
The Last Remnant™ - $9.99 $3.99
Mini Ninjas - $9.99 $3.99

Daily Deal
Music Creator 6 Touch - $49.99 $12.49

Weekend Deals
Interstellar Marines - $14.99 $7.49
Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition - $19.99 $4.99
Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition - $29.99 $7.49
Batman™: Arkham Origins - $39.99 $9.99
LEGO Batman - $19.99 $4.99
LEGO® Batman 2 DC Super Heroes™ - $19.99 $4.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - $19.99 $4.99
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition - $6.99 $1.74
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $6.99 $1.74
Just Cause - $6.99 $1.74
Just Cause 2 - $14.99 $3.74
Sleeping Dogs - $19.99 $4.99
Hitman Collection - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=Includes]

[/customspoiler]
Dungeon Siege Complete - $19.99 $7.99 [customspoiler=Includes]

[/customspoiler]
Legacy of Kain Collection - $19.99 $7.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
[/customspoiler]
The Last Remnant™ - $9.99 $3.99
Mini Ninjas - $9.99 $3.99
Somebody is selling like three copies of Interstellar Marines for $2.50 inthe trade thread, along with some other stuff.

That somebody is me.

A couple of hidden Square Enix deals

American Mensa Academy $3.99 (60% off)

Battlestations: Midway $2.80 (60% off)

Battlestations Pacific $3.59 (60% off)

Project: Snowblind $2.39 (60% off)

Conflict Desert Storm $2.79 (60% off)

Conflict: Denied Ops $2.39 (60% off)

Shellshock 2: Blood Trails $2.79 (60% off)

Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders $1.99 (60% off)

Front Mission Evolved $3.99 (60% off)

Order of War $3.19 (60% off)

Yosumin! $2.39 (60% off)

Flora's Fruit Farm $1.59 (60% off)

Gyromancer $2.39 (60% off)

Scary Girl $2.79 (60% off)

No discount on Deus Ex: The Fall and Hitman: Contracts but Humble Store has Hitman: Contracts at $1.74 (75% off).

Hitman Collection - $44.99 $11.24 [customspoiler=Includes]

Bleh, the collection only saves you 72 cents buying them all together, was hoping it was a bigger discount, the other collections save you more money. I'll still think about it. Thanks Squirrel.

Edit: Squirrel is silly and called Hitman: Codename 47, Hitman Contracts, which it is not. Contracts is not included, try the Humble Store.

What is it about the Hitman games...I played the second one and really enjoyed it...since then (no matter the price) I have only been as close as a click away from deciding not to purchase...is anyone of them a must have?

What is it about the Hitman games...I played the second one and really enjoyed it...since then (no matter the price) I have only been as close as a click away from deciding not to purchase...is anyone of them a must have?
If you liked the 2nd one I'd suggest picking up Hitman: Blood Money. You could probably skip Contracts as it was 'meh' overall, unless you want to play the games in order. Although, Contracts felt like an expansion to Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, but maybe that interests you.

If you craved more after Blood Money, I've heard good things about Absolution but I haven't played that one yet.

Hmm, I think Mooby might actually be right about the HB Squeenix this time. I guess we'll know in twelve minutes (or 12 minutes plus a week).
Mooby is correct again! Oh wait....

Well he was correct on the Popcap bundle*

*it only took him 6+ months of weekly prognostication to actually be correct, but that's just splittin' hairs...

Most would say Blood Money if you want a "classic" Hitman. I've also enjoyed Absolution quite a bit, but it's apparently a far cry from how the other games play.

If you liked the 2nd one I'd suggest picking up Hitman: Blood Money. You could probably skip Contracts as it was 'meh' overall, unless you want to play the games in order. Although, Contracts felt like an expansion to Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, but maybe that interests you.

If you craved more after Blood Money, I've heard good things about Absolution but I haven't played that one yet.
I just started Codename: 47 and the controls are fairly wonky...that and I was just owned in the tutorial by some tomato-can jobber and had to start over! Harshing my buzz man!!!

More Square deals that I don't believe have been posted:

Thief Collection - $18.99 $7.59 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Tomb Raider Collection - $69.99 $41.99 [customspoiler=Includes][/customspoiler]
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - $9.99 $3.99
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men$6.99 $2.79
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days$9.99 $3.99
Supreme Commander 2 - $12.99 $5.19
Final Fantasy VII - $11.99 $7.99
Final Fantasy VIII - $11.99 $7.99

Hmmm buy Batman Origins now or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition to be that price... :whistle2:k
The second one. They don't deserve the extra money because they've said they're not going to do any more of the sorely needed bug fixes in favour of making more DLC. -> http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/10/warner-prioritizing-dlc-over-fixing-arkham-origins-bugs/

Not surprised, considering it's Warner Bros. but still.

Humble Squeenix Bundle is nigh.
You said that only two hours ago, were wrong, and are saying it again already? Oh Mooby, you crack me up. :p

Haters gonna hate, but Halo is legendary from gameplay to story.
I'll bite. I thought Halo (only played the PC version) was way overrated. I was very much into the Quake/Unreal Tournament series at that time and they both completely blew Halo out of the water in terms of gameplay.

As someone who beat the first one and is half way through the second... there's no reason to play Lego Batman if you can get the second for the same price.
I actually liked the first one a lot more than the second. It seemed more focused.

You could probably skip Contracts as it was 'meh' overall,
You're the first person I've seen say that. I haven't played it yet... I'm just surprised.

Hmmm buy Batman Origins now or wait for the inevitable GOTY edition to be that price... :whistle2:k
Since it's an inferior (not Rocksteady) Batman product (and Rocksteady is working on a new one), I'm waiting for the Origins GOTY. Looks like it has an annoying amount of DLC as well, so that further cements my decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back